Post  JohninMK on Thu May 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Mahmoud Gamal

Egyptian mig 35 fighter jet with a naval camouflage

Gomig-21

Re: Egyptian Air Force (EAF)

Post  Gomig-21 on Sun May 14, 2017 3:25 pm

JohninMK wrote:Mahmoud Gamal

Egyptian mig 35 fighter jet with a naval camouflage

Did they forgot to paint the roundel?  I also see some hydraulic fluid or maybe grease already leaking at several spots on the vertical stabilizer.  If you enlarge the pic, you can see it near the lower, ruder hinge (maybe grease?) and also at the ball joint of the H-stab and further towards the V-stab's leading edge, right along that heavily riveted panel line.  That looks like some fluid, maybe a lubricant of some sorts or maybe even fuel?  I don't think you're supposed to see things like that so quickly and so soon on a brand spanking new aircraft.  Maybe after a while of usage that stuff starts seeping out and finding its way onto the fuselage, but right after a fresh paint job and on its first few test flights?  I really like this aircraft but in light of the issues India had with their K's, it's a bit concerning to see something like that on supposedly the most advanced version of the MiG-29 series to date.  

Both camo versions are really terrific.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon May 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Maybe after a while of usage that stuff starts seeping out and finding its way onto the fuselage, but right after a fresh paint job and on its first few test flights? I really like this aircraft but in light of the issues India had with their K's, it's a bit concerning to see something like that on supposedly the most advanced version of the MiG-29 series to date.

Actually on brand new aircraft with new fresh paint jobs is when you find leaks and things.

I have had a look and cannot say I can see what you are talking about.

I have seen soot around the gun port after gun firing, but not seen oil or fluid stains yet.

A freshly painted aircraft should make finding the source of the problem very easy to find and deal with easy, but I am sure they are testing equipment and systems first.

The ground crew will likely be learning to maintain and service the equipment and their recommendations will likely be used to prevent future leaks of fluids...

This is the sort of thing a computer model does not predict and is the sort of thing that can only be found and fixed with real prototypes before they become serial production aircraft.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    Airman

Post  Airman on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Egypt receives first single-seat Rafales

Egypt has received the first of eight single-seat Dassault Rafale C multirole combat aircraft, the country’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced on 26 July.

Two aircraft making up the fourth installment of Rafale deliveries (the previous three installments being made up of twin-seat Rafale B platforms) arrived in-country seemingly on the same day as the announcement that was made via the MoD’s official Twitter account.

With these latest arrivals, the Egyptian Air Force (EAF) has received into service 11 of the 24 Rafales that it ordered from France in February 2015. By the time deliveries are complete, the EAF will field 16 Rafale B two-seat and eight Rafale C single-seat aircraft.

Egypt receives first single-seat Rafales

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:51 pm