Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+24
George1
par far
mx109
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
VladimirSahin
macedonian
j.mac
flamming_python
TR1
Asf
sepheronx
Regular
Mamut
SWAT Pointman
Pugnax
gloriousfatherland
Mr.Kalishnikov47
victor7
Julia
milky_candy_sugar
GarryB
solo.13mmfmj
Admin
28 posters

Hazing in the Russian Army

Regular
    Regular

Hazing in the Russian Army - Page 4 Empty Re: Hazing in the Russian Army

Post  Regular Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Yeah it really makes those who get their faces kicked in though Very Happy I think good morale, brotherhood atmosphere is more important than that.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 pm

those conscripts were happy that I came I guess they are lucky that I was in a bad mood and did not report but took action my self  Twisted Evil
    mx109

Post  mx109 Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:18 am

This is going to sound odd but im an american citizen sort of i wasnt born here but grew up here but im disenchanted with this place and would like to join the russian armed forces so would it happen to me
    par far

Post  par far Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:48 pm

What is the level of corruption and hazing in the Russian army right now? I know that were reports that they were going to tackle corruption(with the on going moderation going on right now, it would suck if money went into corruption). Humorous hazing is ok but bullying should not be allowed.
    mx109

Hazing in the Russian Army - Page 4 Empty answer

Post  mx109 Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:11 am

So does anyone know ?
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:44 am

Hazing shouldn't be a problem anymore, I my self have stopped a soldier from being hazed. Hazing shouldn't be a problem because if you are caught abusing a fellow soldier then there is a bad place called "Дисбат" (latin: disbat) it is short for disciplinary battalion. You can search on youtube Дисбат and see for yourself what they do to screw ups there Very Happy corruption should be lower now because money should be monitored and make sure it is used correctly now even more because of the sanctions. But sometimes hazing can be mixed up with discipline which in the Russian army is pretty harsh, I was beat up to a pulp for turning a ZSU-23 a little bit literally just a inch or 2, It wasn't even loaded Sad
    mx109

Post  mx109 Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:45 am

so even if im an american citizen technically
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:47 am

Im sure there would be no hazing in the Foreign units.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Authorities are investigating the murder of a 19-year-old Russian conscript in his motorized rifle regiment near Voronezh. The Western MD at first reported he died of a heart attack, but he was apparently beaten to death.

The regiment is a troubled unit where other servicemen have been murdered, died under suspicious circumstances, or committed suicide in recent years.

https://russiandefpolicy.blog/2019/02/18/death-of-a-conscript/
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:00 am

He Simply Couldn’t Take It
    Posted on October 27, 2019 | 2 Comments

Shamsutdinov detained in his barracks

Russian Army conscript Ramil Shamsutdinov may have killed his fellow servicemen because of the constant abuse he endured, according to a report in Gazeta.ru.

On October 25, Ramil Shamsutdinov killed eight personnel (including two officers) and seriously wounded two more during guard duty shift change at military unit 54160 in the Gornyy ZATO not far from Chita in Zabaykalye.

According to a former worker at the unit, one of the victims was “famous” for abusing his subordinates. Sources also said Shamsutdinov may have been ridiculed or singled out as a non-Russian. But the investigation on that score continues.

The 20-year-old was called up in early July, assessed to be psychologically stable, and allowed to carry a weapon. The draft board had placed him in the second group for “nervous-psychological stability” meaning he would experience a nervous breakdown only after being in a difficult or dangerous situation for a prolonged period. The MOD routinely trusts conscripts in this group to carry out missions with weapons and ordnance.

The MOD officially stated that Shamsutdinov’s actions may have been the result of a breakdown brought on by personal difficulties unrelated to his military service.

But, according to Gazeta.ru, media sources with sources in Shamsutdinov’s unit claim he was a target of constant abuse from other servicemen.

Tyumen news outlet 72.ru published a report from a unit source saying that one of Shamsutdinov’s victims, Senior Lieutenant Danil Pyankov, was well-known for abusing conscripts and driving them to a “serious psychological state.” Shamsutdinov is from a village in Tyumen.

The source said Pyankov once kept him awake studying military regulations for four days straight and forced his troops to put on and take off protective gear for five consecutive hours. He concluded Shamsutdinov simply couldn’t take it.

Shamsutdinov’s father — a policeman — said his son never complained about abuse from officers or more senior soldiers, i.e. dedovshchina. Friends say he once asked relatives to put money on someone else’s bank card because his was supposedly frozen. But he also said he planned to stay in the army as a contractee.

Unit 54160 is inside a closed administrative-territorial entity. It was formerly known as Chita-46 and is operated by the MOD’s 12th GUMO — Russia’s nuclear weapons custodial force.

It served the RVSN’s 4th Missile Division equipped with UR-100 (SS-11 / Sego) ICBMs at Drovyanaya in the 1960s and 1970s. In the late 1970s and 1980s, it transitioned to RSD-10 (SS-20 / Saber) IRBMs, then to mobile RT-2PM (SS-25 / Sickle) ICBMs before disbanding in 2002.

The unit is still under GUMO command and RVSN prosecutors went to investigate. It likely serves the 200th Artillery Brigade and newly-established 3rd Missile Brigade (Iskander missiles) in Gornyy and Drovyanaya.

The Russian military has avoided similar incidents for some time. The MOD claims the climate inside units and barracks has improved drastically over the past decade, but this assessment is apparently exaggerated.

With the fall draft underway, the MOD has to question the quality, or lack of quality, in the screening of potential soldiers

https://russiandefpolicy.blog/2019/10/27/he-simply-couldnt-take-it/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:20 am

If true then he should get lighter sentence

This crap is not something that should be tolerated and these 8 cunts should serve as an example instead of being made into victims

And didn't Russian military brag how they got rid of this behavior?

What kind of moron would haze a person who is tasked with carrying and operating firearm?

What kind of recruitment standards do they have over there? Is just any idiot allowed to get a rank? And what kind of combat usefulness can they expect from these types of retards?

And for what? Ethnicity? I am sure every single one of those clowns was pure white Aryan, like totally...

Morons had it coming

Hopefully this guy doesn't spend too much time in prison just for taking out the trash

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:10 am

I'd be careful taking for granted anything written by that source...

And some form of hazing will always exist in any Army....PD, are you sure there's no hazing in the Serbian Army these days? (I seriously doubt it)

I know from personal experience there use to be hazing in the Yugoslav Army....there was definately abuse between different nationalities, Serbs-Croats, Serbs-Albanians and so on...and even non-nationality stuff like picking on individuals who are more fragile or sensitive by the more "macho" types...and god help you if you show any sign of homosexuality
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:24 am

Not just the military.

They often justify it by saying it is tradition and it didn't hurt me when I went through it... it is part of toughening up that is no in the rule book but is needed more now than ever before because these new recruits are soft/fat/lazy/stupid or a long list of other reasons.

I remember it in High School, but it didn't really happen at University simply because a first year doing one paper might be a third year in another paper.

I was an adult student when I went to uni and remember a lot of newbies in one first year math class I did... most were surprised to hear I was doing my third year in Information Science and was only doing a first year calculus paper to help me with a third year INFO paper on AI in the second semester...

Hazing can range from mild embarrassment, to what is basically sadistic torture... but it sounds like the Victim meted out his own justice... the problem will be... did those killed only include those delivering the hazing, or did he have to kill a few extra as well who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Either way picking up a rifle and shooting people is never justified, no matter what the level of hazing...

They might have been bullying him to make him a better soldier or because they are sadistic bastards... either crime does not warrant a death penalty.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:07 pm

Cyberspec wrote:....And some form of hazing will always exist in any Army....

Yes it does but Russian Army is only one where it's so entrenched that it has it's own name and is considered a proud tradition (except by ones getting hazed of course)

This was something that officers should have stomped out hard, there is no way that they didn't know about one of their subordinates having status of ''legendary hazer'' or some such shit

Again, they were stupid enough to haze a person with a firearm, what kind of troop quality is that?

And officers in charge managed to lose 8 men in peacetime (regardless how useless and retarded they were), heads and ranks should roll for this

Cyberspec wrote:...are you sure there's no hazing in the Serbian Army these days? (I seriously doubt it)...

Probably is of course but it's a professional (contract) army with only 6 months mandatory service time if you choose to do it so it's not enough time to get too bad plus you can always just quit

Cyberspec wrote:....I know from personal experience there use to be hazing in the Yugoslav Army....there was definately abuse between different nationalities, Serbs-Croats, Serbs-Albanians and so on...

We all know how that army and country ended up

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:36 am

The west actively cooperated to destroy the Yugoslavian federation... are you suggesting the real cause was hazing in the military?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:39 am

GarryB wrote:

The west actively cooperated to destroy the Yugoslavian federation... are you suggesting the real cause was hazing in the military?

The real cause was insane amount of ethnic hatred

That country should have never existed to begin with, it's super easy to destroy something that shouldn't exist

Instead of everyone going their separate ways after WW1 various idiots decided to experiment

And don't get me started on WW2 aftermath

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:25 am

Oh come on.... that can't possibly be true... we are talking about mature civilised advanced Europe here... how can that be right that a small group of countries with little in common particularly language might not just get on like a house on fire...

What hope the EU?

An island Utopia in a sea of hatred and ignorance... here to spread the word of peace and harmony... emulating America of 150 years ago taking on all immigrants as long as they are white and from Europe in first class, or black and in chains rowing the boat when the wind is not blowing the right direction...
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:44 pm

Why did Yugoslavia collapse?

It's simple - brewing ethnic hatred + economic crisis + lack of international pressure to keep the country intact and solve the conflicts in a peaceful way. After ww2 the war criminals on both sides were never put to trial properly, Tito simply swept everything under the carpet in the name of brotherhood. It worked quire well for 50 years until 1990s actually.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:33 am

Why did the US collapse?

It's simple - brewing ethnic hatred + economic crisis + lack of international pressure to keep the country intact and solve the conflicts in a peaceful way. After ww2 the war criminals on both sides were never put to trial properly, Tito simply swept everything under the carpet in the name of brotherhood. It worked quire well for 50 years until 1990s actually.

In fact even more so... rather more WWII war criminals who seemed to get promoted rather than punished....
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:30 pm

TASS, December 1. The Kuril Garrison Court sentenced three servicemen who served on contract after extorting money and property from their colleagues. Senior in rank - corporal - the court also found guilty of incitement to extortion and robbery, the press service of the FSB of Russia in the Sakhalin region told reporters on Tuesday.

“The Kuril garrison military court convicted servicemen who served under contract in a military unit stationed in the Kuril Islands. Thus, the corporal was found guilty under Part 1 of Art. threat of violence "), part 4 of article 33, paragraph" in "part 2 of article 163 (" Incitement to extortion with the use of violence "), and a private - under part 1 of article 163 (" Extortion under threat of use violence ") and clause" in "part 2 of article 163 of the Criminal Code of Russia (" Extortion with the use of violence "). At the same time, by the decision of the Kuril garrison military court [the third accused,ranked] private released from criminal liability with the appointment of a criminal law measure in the form of a court fine in view of the commission of a crime of average gravity and compensation for the damage caused in full, "- said in the message.

The Russian FSB Directorate for the Eastern Military District established that servicemen repeatedly received money and property of their colleagues under the threat of physical harm or with the use of force.

In proportion to what he had done, and also taking into account the conclusion of a pre-trial agreement with one of the defendants, the court appointed the corporal three years and six months in prison, serving his sentence in a general regime correctional colony. An ordinary person was sentenced to a four-year suspended sentence with a fine of 40 thousand rubles. The third offender was fined 10 thousand rubles.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:21 pm

So three and a half years after pretrial agreement?

Not bad but should definitely be higher, hopefully his mouth will be used as cum dumpster by other convicts which should act as rehabilitation aid

You can't have this vermin in armed forces, they are liability in any conflict and will be switching sides first chance they get, bunch of closeted Vlasovs

In ideal world they would have been euthanized on the spot, no trial, no prison, no bullshit

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm