Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

T-72 ΜΒΤ: Μodernisation and Variants

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: T-72 ΜΒΤ: Μodernisation and Variants

Post  sepheronx on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:15 pm

galicije83 wrote:T-72B3, T72B3M same shit with different name. This 2 tanks don't have full FCS (fire control system) and all upgrades is useless if FCS is bad and he is unfortunately.

Trolling? Cause it does get a new fcs and you state it doesn't. Care to provide proof? Or is this what you heard from a friend?
    galicije83
    Private
    Private

Post  galicije83 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Do u have proof or u read about his FCS on this or another forum. And yes they have new FCS, but still is bad FCS. And yes my friend see that new one and speak with Russians about it.

Also have friend who works like engineer on Yugo M-84 and he was last year in Russia to negotiate about modernization of our M84s (parts for modernization) and he also see that NEW FCS made for B3s. Its big step for the T-72 series but its far, far from modern FCS. Old T72Bs don't have FCS.....
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:32 am

galicije83 wrote:I spoke whit my good friend who participated in tank biathlon this year as part of Serbian team. Same shit like last year, with so many problems with this russian upgrade of T72 junk tank. It has bad half FCS and because of this half FCS they missed target when tank isnt on move because of wind. Our M-84s (Slovenian) who participated in Tank challenge in Germany was second in targeting from move, when all targets are moving just like tanks. Batter was just latest LEO 2A6. We made our tanks in late 80s with one of the best FCS on that time. 28 years later and this FCS is still excellent, its batter then FCS in Abrams M1A2, Italian Ariete.

T-72 tanks are so bad after all this upgrades. It was big junk when seh was made and still is after all this years...  

I personally know corporal Vladica Djuricic, the gunner on tank biathlon. Colonel Zeljko Kuzmanovic which led the teams last year on biathlon is an old friend of my father as he worked on tank maintenance. And none of them ever said such thing, ever. So you are making shit up.

Only issue with tank that they had last year was before last round of targets when their auto-loader malfunctioned and after last circle they drove issue was fixed by UVZ mechanics in 15 minutes.

Furthermore it is not true that "Old T72Bs do not have FCS", that is just simply not true and i am not sure who told you that shit, T72B (there is no such thing as "old"  T72B) has 1A40-1 fire control system. Even the bulk of T72As got to enjoy 1A40 FCS.

Also even if the speed of wind does not reach FCS for some reason if sensor is broken for an example, that is far from cause to miss static target while yourself being static, if you missed you either suck as a gunner or sights are not zeroed at all. Even if FCS does not work at all, you still have means of using your gun aganist static targets via manual controls.

All original FCS devices from M84/M84A in Slovenia were replaced by new Fotona EFCS3-84 fire control systems when modernisation package dubbed M84A4 Sniper was introduced, even earlier it was applied on hulls where original systems fell into disrepair due to lack of spares. Other M84s are using DNNS-2/DNNS-2A fire control system produced by Rudi Cajavec which is more or less comparable to 1A40-1 installed on T72B but has few slight advantages. Same goes for Croatia too as Cajavec couldnt/did not want to deliver supplies anymore. Improved variant of same FCS 1A40-4 is installed on T72B3M.

Also stop talking about Fire Control System like its some kind of magic, same FCS gets new sights and sensors slaved to it everywhere in the world, with new software revisions loaded into it, case is sometimes that half tanks in same batallion have different version of software loaded, even tho hardware is identical.

T72B3 is using its original 1A40-1 FCS but it got slaved new sensors to it TKN-3MK with image intensifier, Sosna-U, as it was developed as cheap modernisation for existing fleet of T72Bs. So somehow magically Russian crew never has issues with "shit tank" only your imaginary friends do.

Also, you just claimed how T72B3 and T72B FCS are somehow different coz your "engineer" friend saw it.. that is not true either. FCS itself is almost identical in terms of hardware.

Slovenia did not take second place on Strong Europe Tank Challenge, ranking was Germany>Denmark>Poland.

Stop talking about things you know nothing whatsoever about as you are making Serbians look like imbeciles.
    galicije83
    Private
    Private

Post  galicije83 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:52 am

1. Slovenia was 4th in that ETC, and was second behind Germany in target shooting. Fotona FCS is newer but not batter then the old ONE in M-84 or M-84A(B) made in late 80s and earlys 90s. Engeneer Vladimir Ivanovic is my friend he works on M84 from his first day till 1992. After that he works on chinese tanks, he works also in Kuwait on maintenance of Kuwait M-84ABs. Fotona never built batter FCS then Cajevac, and he also work on that FCS in cajevac. He new batter M-84 tank then any Serbian tankmen and officer who for on their maintenance, he offer help 2 years ago Serbian army in maintenance of our m84 and they say that his help isnt needed. Because of that we have only 40 of 212 operative tanks rest are inoperative.

2. Bojan Dimitrijevic wright on Serbina military forum, about T-72 tanks, he also knew them very, very good. They dont have FCS or they have system they call FCS but this system is far far ahead of any systems made in 80s. Its FCS is very good that u cant hit any moving target with speed more then 15km/h. We also see T80U tanks in Greece in 1995 when they tested along side of all western tank, and when he have only 40% hit in target from moving (LEO2A5 have 90%, AMX56 have 86%...) And we all knew that T-80U tank was best tank produced in USSR. Imagine what will happens with T-72B in same test. He will hit target from move less then 20% and u say he have FCS. No mate he hasnt...

3. In Kuwait 1991/92 Vladimir Ivanovic and his team kick ass Abrams M1A1 in similar competition like was in Germany this year. They shoot in target from move from different distance. Our M-84AB have 10 of 10 , abrams have 6 of 10. So Americans were shocked after this competitions between this 2 tanks. So if i lie lies mister Vladimir Ivanovic (i dont think that man lying about anything, because he is a great expert when it comes tanks like M-84, T-72  and Chinese new generation tank in which he also worked.

All new version of T72B3 are cheap version of modernization but this modernization offer more then they have in old one B versions, with batter sights (modern sights) but still lack of modern FCS.....

And one more thin about M-84 and Cajevac. Last year Croatia bought from Cajevac all their FCS, all electronics which was made in Cajevac for their M-84s just for 250 000 EUR . Now they have spare parts for more then 250 tanks, Vladimir Ivanovic first call his general friends from Serbian army and tell them that Cajevac will sell this spare parts with entire FCS and many other electronic for just 250k EUR. But some one in Serbia don't want to buy this spare parts and now we cant do proper maintenance of our M-84 because we luck of spare parts. We took one good tank and then we used parts from him to implant in the broken one. This is very smart thing to do...

And yes FCS is magic thing of any moder tank and he is fusion of ballistic computer, modern sights, modern electronic systems and more....
    SeigSoloyvov
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:26 pm

galicije83 wrote:1. Slovenia was 4th in that ETC, and was second behind Germany in target shooting. Fotona FCS is newer but not batter then the old ONE in M-84 or M-84A(B) made in late 80s and earlys 90s. Engeneer Vladimir Ivanovic is my friend he works on M84 from his first day till 1992. After that he works on chinese tanks, he works also in Kuwait on maintenance of Kuwait M-84ABs. Fotona never built batter FCS then Cajevac, and he also work on that FCS in cajevac. He new batter M-84 tank then any Serbian tankmen and officer who for on their maintenance, he offer help 2 years ago Serbian army in maintenance of our m84 and they say that his help isnt needed. Because of that we have only 40 of 212 operative tanks rest are inoperative.

2. Bojan Dimitrijevic wright on Serbina military forum, about T-72 tanks, he also knew them very, very good. They dont have FCS or they have system they call FCS but this system is far far ahead of any systems made in 80s. Its FCS is very good that u cant hit any moving target with speed more then 15km/h. We also see T80U tanks in Greece in 1995 when they tested along side of all western tank, and when he have only 40% hit in target from moving (LEO2A5 have 90%, AMX56 have 86%...) And we all knew that T-80U tank was best tank produced in USSR. Imagine what will happens with T-72B in same test. He will hit target from move less then 20% and u say he have FCS. No mate he hasnt...

3. In Kuwait 1991/92 Vladimir Ivanovic and his team kick ass Abrams M1A1 in similar competition like was in Germany this year. They shoot in target from move from different distance. Our M-84AB have 10 of 10 , abrams have 6 of 10. So Americans were shocked after this competitions between this 2 tanks. So if i lie lies mister Vladimir Ivanovic (i dont think that man lying about anything, because he is a great expert when it comes tanks like M-84, T-72  and Chinese new generation tank in which he also worked.

All new version of T72B3 are cheap version of modernization but this modernization offer more then they have in old one B versions, with batter sights (modern sights) but still lack of modern FCS.....

And one more thin about M-84 and Cajevac. Last year Croatia bought from Cajevac all their FCS, all electronics which was made in Cajevac for their M-84s just for 250 000 EUR . Now they have spare parts for more then 250 tanks, Vladimir Ivanovic first call his general friends from Serbian army and tell them that Cajevac will sell this spare parts with entire FCS and many other electronic for just 250k EUR. But some one in Serbia don't want to buy this spare parts and now we cant do proper maintenance of our M-84 because we luck of spare parts. We took one good tank and then we used parts from him to implant in the broken one. This is very smart thing to do...

And yes FCS is magic thing of any moder tank and he is fusion of ballistic computer, modern sights, modern electronic systems and more....

While I am not an expert, I have worked along side small time nations who operate T-72's and let me say this.

All "stats" Aside. I have seen these tanks hit things on the move with pinpoint ability not at point blank range ether, I have seen them in mock battles take out Abrams before the Abrams knew it was there. I have seen abrams take them out vice versa. I'll share with you a story during a joint training op. this one T-72 crew only exposed his turret he peeked out with his gun sniped in a second then rolled back down to avoid getting hit presenting a very low target. He didn't miss once and fired fast from long range.

I have also seen T-72 crews who couldn't hit the broadside of a house. So in my personal opinion your engineer friend doesn't know wtf he is talking about or he doesn't exist and you are making this up to justify calling the tanks shit.

I hate when people call russian tanks shit, If war ever broke out I'd be fighting them in Europe. So I know what they are capable of, I pay very very close attention to the abilities of my possible enemy. I do think some Russian vehicles are shit sure, but their tanks? oh no.
    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:25 am

Militarov wrote:
    galicije83 wrote:I spoke whit my good friend who participated in tank biathlon this year as part of Serbian team. Same shit like last year, with so many problems with this russian upgrade of T72 junk tank. It has bad half FCS and because of this half FCS they missed target when tank isnt on move because of wind. Our M-84s (Slovenian) who participated in Tank challenge in Germany was second in targeting from move, when all targets are moving just like tanks. Batter was just latest LEO 2A6. We made our tanks in late 80s with one of the best FCS on that time. 28 years later and this FCS is still excellent, its batter then FCS in Abrams M1A2, Italian Ariete.

T-72 tanks are so bad after all this upgrades. It was big junk when seh was made and still is after all this years...  

I personally know corporal Vladica Djuricic, the gunner on tank biathlon. Colonel Zeljko Kuzmanovic which led the teams last year on biathlon is an old friend of my father as he worked on tank maintenance. And none of them ever said such thing, ever. So you are making shit up.

Only issue with tank that they had last year was before last round of targets when their auto-loader malfunctioned and after last circle they drove issue was fixed by UVZ mechanics in 15 minutes.

Furthermore it is not true that "Old T72Bs do not have FCS", that is just simply not true and i am not sure who told you that shit, T72B (there is no such thing as "old"  T72B) has 1A40-1 fire control system. Even the bulk of T72As got to enjoy 1A40 FCS.

Also even if the speed of wind does not reach FCS for some reason if sensor is broken for an example, that is far from cause to miss static target while yourself being static, if you missed you either suck as a gunner or sights are not zeroed at all. Even if FCS does not work at all, you still have means of using your gun aganist static targets via manual controls.

All original FCS devices from M84/M84A in Slovenia were replaced by new Fotona EFCS3-84 fire control systems when modernisation package dubbed M84A4 Sniper was introduced, even earlier it was applied on hulls where original systems fell into disrepair due to lack of spares. Other M84s are using DNNS-2/DNNS-2A fire control system produced by Rudi Cajavec which is more or less comparable to 1A40-1 installed on T72B but has few slight advantages. Same goes for Croatia too as Cajavec couldnt/did not want to deliver supplies anymore. Improved variant of same FCS 1A40-4 is installed on T72B3M.

Also stop talking about Fire Control System like its some kind of magic, same FCS gets new sights and sensors slaved to it everywhere in the world, with new software revisions loaded into it, case is sometimes that half tanks in same batallion have different version of software loaded, even tho hardware is identical.

T72B3 is using its original 1A40-1 FCS but it got slaved new sensors to it TKN-3MK with image intensifier, Sosna-U, as it was developed as cheap modernisation for existing fleet of T72Bs. So somehow magically Russian crew never has issues with "shit tank" only your imaginary friends do.

Also, you just claimed how T72B3 and T72B FCS are somehow  different coz your "engineer" friend saw it.. that is not true either. FCS itself is almost identical in terms of hardware.

Slovenia did not take second place on Strong Europe Tank Challenge, ranking was Germany>Denmark>Poland.

Stop talking about things you know nothing whatsoever about as you are making Serbians look like imbeciles.

Oh holy Jebus he's back.
    galicije83
    Private
    Private

Post  galicije83 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:01 pm

This is Vladimir Ivanovic, Yugo engineer who works on Yugo tank M-84, then he work in chine on their Type 96 tank, call him Srpski tenk Vihor 2 or Serbian Vihor tank 2.

https://www.sinodefenceforum.com/serbian-type-96.t3813/

Vladimir in Kuwait and Yugo 84AB in back of him..

This man is real and he knows very good what he talk about T-72 tanks or T-80 tanks.

He help chines to made their Type 96...O i forgot he also works on paksitan tank Al khalid...

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:06 pm

So if it is great, why does the type 96 fail to achieve the success? T-72B3M on other hand.
    galicije83
    Private
    Private

Post  galicije83 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:00 pm

What success? In tank biathlon, really...
    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:21 pm

So militarov provided counter info and states your friend is full of it while his actually participated in the biathlon. So who is full of shit? I would wager you are as Militarov actually proved to be reliable multiple of times.

And yes, shooting is part of the Biathlon and thus FCS is needed.
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:14 pm

galicije83 wrote:1. Slovenia was 4th in that ETC, and was second behind Germany in target shooting. Fotona FCS is newer but not batter then the old ONE in M-84 or M-84A(B) made in late 80s and earlys 90s. Engeneer Vladimir Ivanovic is my friend he works on M84 from his first day till 1992. After that he works on chinese tanks, he works also in Kuwait on maintenance of Kuwait M-84ABs. Fotona never built batter FCS then Cajevac, and he also work on that FCS in cajevac. He new batter M-84 tank then any Serbian tankmen and officer who for on their maintenance, he offer help 2 years ago Serbian army in maintenance of our m84 and they say that his help isnt needed. Because of that we have only 40 of 212 operative tanks rest are inoperative.

This year on biathlon our crew wasnt satisfied with ammount of practice ammunition they got, which was 3 shells per tank, and 20 bullets per MG, some other crews had more as they bought their own ammunition, last year they had more ammunition on their disposal. Tank with which they started competition had issues most likely with gyroscope from what i understood, so crew got reserve tank instead which worked normally.

First of all he is not your friend, you met him on some random forum. Vladimir is really not "an engineer", he is a mechanic, good, very good mechanic and nothing more. He likes attention however and has ego big like Cremlin walls, which costed him alot though his life and career as he had issues more than once because of it. Half of the terms he likes to use, he does not have an actual real knowledge of what they mean, he knows what they are however he is not the person that knows the math behind majority of them, he knows how to fix things, he does not know how to "make" things. 99% of things he will reveal to you on third rate forums as "this is highly sensitive, only i know this, and maybe one more guy in Zagreb", is actually written in M84 manuals that you can these  days buy online if you are lucky... so.. spare me of those tales, my father had to deal with a guy for 15 years.

Thing is there are not many surviving persons from that era that actually mattered something in M84 project, so he can claim alot of things without anyone there to confirm or say otherwise. My father said many good things about him, however there are many things he claims that are either not or partially true.

Look at him like very good car mechanic that thinks he can build better cars than Mercedes in his garage. Chants of his last 20 years about his "system to prevent tank from taking soil in his gun bore", like its landing of the moon.

Best are naturally his stories about Pakistan or China, God will forgive me i dont remember, about driving tank 40km/h and hitting targets 2000m away that way so 3 shells went though same hole, which i wont even comment as its not worth it.

There was at least hundred men that worked same job as he did, they just never went to forums, my father included. Also he always went to Pakistan, China, India, Iran, Kuwait as part of a team that some company assembled, mostly doing maintenance. He is not "making tanks" he was there due to equipment from Yugoslavia that was installed, it has nothing whatsoever to do with fact "how good he is". Fun fact, majority of his education regarding tanks is thanks to his education in USSR.

Fotona FCS installed on Slovenian tanks actually is superior to ones sold to Croatia, simply as it was..well..cheaper. Fotona anyways these days does not exist, at least not in same shape it existed decade ago.

Now, 1A46 FCS of T80U is actually overall better than one Yugoslavia had on M84s, put aside fact majority of equipment it had slaved to it was ahead, first T80s had balistic computer but not FCS so to say and they from my knowledge were not around by the mid 80s.

Now when its about famous Greece tank competition, it was in 2005/2006 not 1996. and from what i remember only released source for it was some random PDF from Ukrainians with rather random data shortly stating they were not shining in it with their T84. Later on forums "leaked" info how T80U variant had "47% overall accuracy with first shot" which is sort of hard to belive if everything was working properly on it. Also Greece held multiple "tank trials" though last 20 years, some even having Centurion in them.

Also stop confusing T72A, M, M1 and B and then randomly bringing T80 into whole story, its sort of humiliating. There is big difference among their equipment especially in terms of rangefinders, wind sensors (lack of it)...

Also ask yourself, on which T72 tanks did our dear Vladimir work, chance is that he never saw T72B in his life, as you should be aware T72Ms were delivered to Yugoslavia, whos balistic computer requires some manual labor. Same goes for India, Iran... everywhere he worked he was working with T55, T62, T72M, T72M1... you anyways can ask him Smile

I have no plans to continue this pointless discussion anyways, i just decided to react to false information someone here tried to sell as a fact.
    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Few days off and i see funny things happening...

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:04 pm

T-72 - Second Life of a legend

http://nvo.ng.ru/armament/2016-09-09/8_tank.html
    airstrike
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  airstrike on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:48 pm

Russia's Uralvagonzavod displays heavily modernized T-72

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/29/russias-uralvagonzavod-shows-heavily-modernized-t-72/
    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Russian T-72B3's and T-90A's to receive further upgrading in their fire control system with Armata abilities being retrofitted,

"Russian main battle tanks T-72 and T-90 will receive the latest electronic components of the fire control system of tank "Armata" automatic target tracking (ASC) and the computer unit (WB), allowing almost with absolute precision to destroy the enemy military equipment first shot even in conditions of zero visibility.
    ASC allows the gunner-operator simply point at an enemy tank sight and press the special button. Automatic accompaniment will independently monitor the enemy object, turning the tower after his movement and lifting-lowering the gun of the tank. In turn, the WB, analyzing the various options, ranging from the speed and direction of movement of the combat vehicle and ending with the weather conditions and the state of the gun barrel, calculates the optimum parameters of the shot so that the first shell is guaranteed to destroy the target."

http://izvestia.ru/news/636502
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:35 am

Shevchenko confirmed Uralvagonzavod’s announcement that it has delivered more than 1,000 T-72B3 tanks. He also indicated that the MOD will receive 300 improved T-72B3. The improved T-72B3, he says, will have a better engine and better defensive and targeting systems.

Some number of Russian T-90 tanks nearing the end of their service lives will be modernized under the “Proryv-3” program, according to the GABTU chief. The resulting tank is supposed to be superior to the original T-90.

https://russiandefpolicy.wordpress.com/2016/10/01/tanks-a-lot/

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:25 pm

Sosna-U on B3

Seems auto tracking was solved by locking it on the highest contrast detail on targets hull, which could end up as an issue in some cases.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:50 am

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The first batch of Russian T-72B3 battle tanks of the latest upgrade will enter service with the First Guards Tank Army divisions deployed in the Moscow Region, Col. Igor Muginov, a spokesman for the Western Military District, said Tuesday.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/military/201701101049444076-russia-tanks-modernization-upgrade/

Benya
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Russian T-72B tank crews launched a training in Armenia

Post  Benya on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Russian T-72B tank crews launched a training in Armenia

T-72B tank crews of the Russian military base in Armenia have launched gunnery training in the harsh environment of the Alagyaz Training Area situated more than 2,000 m above sea level. Over 100 troops have taken part in the drills, according to the press office of the Southern Military District.

Russian army T-72B Main battle tank

The tankers are training to fire the T-72’s weapons at the halt and on the move on targets sitting 500-2,000 m away. The training involves unmanned aerial vehicles [UAV], which operators monitor the state of the targets, designate targets for the tank crews and adjust their fires," the press office says in a news release.

In addition, the troops are to take physical fitness and combat vehicle proficiency tests. The gunnery involves more than 30 examples of materiel.

Source: Arrow http://www.armyrecognition.com/february_2017_global_defense_security_army_news_industry/russian_t72-b_tank_crews_launched_a_training_in_armenia_tass_81302171.html
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:42 pm

Tanks T-72B3 with additional protection in the troops

The Reuters agency distributed a videotape showing the unloading on March 24, 2017 in Pokrovsky (Rostov region) north of Taganrog near the Ukrainian border with the Russian Army echelon with upgraded T-72B3 tanks in a new version ("with additional protection"), supplied to the Russian Defense Ministry in 2016.

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2509153.html

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:38 am

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=47.417141&lon=39.257927&z=17&m=b&tag=516

Probably headed to this training range.
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:46 am

T-72B3 tanks with additional protection will take part in the Victory Parade on May 9, 2017 in Moscow

At the first rehearsal of the Moscow Victory Parade in 2017, held on April 5 in the Moscow region of Alabino, the upgraded T-72B3 tanks with additional protection, which will be publicly demonstrated for the first time at the Parade, took part. On the ceremonial tanks, a complete set of additional protection is installed. Vitaliy Kuzmin made the first photos of these tanks during the rehearsal of the parade in Alabino.

According to the previously published tender documents, the modification of the T-727B3 with additional protection should include:

Installation of the Sosna-U sight; The target tracking machine; Radio station R-168-25U-2 and a complex of software and hardware AVSKU; Guns of type 2А46М-5-01; Engine V-92S2F (1130 hp) with systems that ensure its operation; The display complex of the driver-mechanic and the rear-view television camera; Caterpillar belts with oblique grooves and driving wheels with improved cleanability; Onboard screens of the hull with integrated modules of dynamic protection of the "Relict" type and screened screens of the projection of the MTO hull; The recruitment of a single spare set of the kit's tank: additional dynamic protection modules in the "soft" casing, increasing the durability of the onboard projection of the hull to anti-tank cumulative means, with the possibility of their equipment and hinge under operating conditions; Dynamic protection modules and trellis screens of the tower, increasing its resistance to anti-tank cumulative means and installed instead of boxes of spare parts for the tower depending on the nature of the task; Refinement of the AZ providing use with products С-1 and С-2; Improvement of the Products in terms of providing anti-mine resistance, at which the specified activity is not performed.

Let us recall that the main designer of the NPK Uralvagonzavod Andrei Terlikov announced in June 2015 at the forum "Army-2015" about the creation of the T-72B3 variant with enhanced protection. "A new set of additional protection has been prepared for the new modification of the T-72B3," Terlikov said. - In the near future, this modification is planned to be launched into batch production. " According to Terlikov, the new modification of the T-72B3 also received a tank diesel engine with a capacity of 1130 hp. "The driver-mechanic received an automated control system that independently warns about injuries and accidents, and the commander's workplace is equipped with a panoramic sight," the representative of Uralvagonzavod added [in fact, the installation of a panoramic sight is not implemented on mass-modernized tanks. - bmpd]. "This modification proved itself from the best side," Terlikov stressed.

According to the information published in the open press, in 2015, NPK Uralvagonzavod received the first contract of the Russian Defense Ministry for major repairs with the modernization of 154 tanks of the T-72B type with reduction to the T-72BZ type with additional protection, with performance of works in 2015 -2017 years. The published documentation indicated that the contractor began to actually perform the work from October 1, 2015. According to the known information, the upgraded T-72BZ tanks with additional protection were started by surrender at the end of 2016.

On March 24, 2017, Reuters released a videotape showing the unloading in Pokrovsky (Rostov region) north of Taganrog near the Ukrainian border with the Russian Army echelon with upgraded T-72B3 tanks with additional protection."

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2533332.html

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:02 am

As the rehearsals for Russia’s Victory Day Parade at the Alabino training ground near Moscow comes full throttle, the newest modification of a Russian tank caught the attention of some.

The latest modification of the T-72B3M tank is due to take part in the upcoming parade.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201704061052370925-russian-modified-tank/

miketheterrible
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  miketheterrible on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:21 pm

On VPk.name, there was a lot of complaining about this tank. Essentially, because it is still using kontact 5 ERA instead if Relict. The main complaint behind that is that Kontact 5 is obsolete compared to Relict and that it costs about 75M rubles per tank while new T-90MS was slated at around 130M rubles per tank, which has Relict ERA.

I understand the complaint. Why have they not added Relict?
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:30 pm

miketheterrible wrote:On VPk.name, there was a lot of complaining about this tank. Essentially, because it is still using kontact 5 ERA instead if Relict. The main complaint behind that is that Kontact 5 is obsolete compared to Relict and that it costs about 75M rubles per tank while new T-90MS was slated at around 130M rubles per tank, which has Relict ERA.

I understand the complaint. Why have they not added Relict?

It does have Relikt. Front ERA has the 2S23 explosive element.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 27, 2017 10:09 am