Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3765
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  medo on Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:57 pm

    George1 wrote:Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 0_81edf_1e3ec064_orig

    Looks like Su-30SM.
    mack8
    mack8

    Posts : 953
    Points : 1009
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  mack8 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:00 pm

    Thanks to Berkut for the find. The new Su-34s delivered (borts 17 to 22, not all shown though):
    http://www.arms-expo.ru/photo/fotoreportazh/novaya-partiya-su-34-perelet-k-mestu-bazirovaniya-perelet-k-mestu-bazirovaniya/
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5716
    Points : 6349
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 39
    Location : Croatia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  Viktor on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:10 pm

    More Su-34 joined RuAF thumbsup

    Novosibirsk Aircraft Plant Defense Ministry gave another batch of Su-34 bombers
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3765
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  medo on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:17 pm

    Viktor wrote:More Su-34 joined RuAF  thumbsup

    Novosibirsk Aircraft Plant Defense Ministry gave another batch of Su-34 bombers

    So, the second regiment of Su-34 is now fully equipped. The rest will go for the third regiment and I hope next regiment will be in Murmansk for Arctic operations.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13975
    Points : 14472
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  George1 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:32 am

    Viktor wrote:More Su-34 joined RuAF  thumbsup

    Novosibirsk Aircraft Plant Defense Ministry gave another batch of Su-34 bombers

    So production has raised up to 18 aircrafts per year
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13975
    Points : 14472
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  George1 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:41 pm

    There were 3 su-34s that last delivered, so we expect another 3 until the end of December
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5716
    Points : 6349
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 39
    Location : Croatia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  Viktor on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:18 pm

    George1 wrote:There were 3 su-34s that last delivered, so we expect another 3 until the end of December

    Yup, another 3 delivered

    Russian Air Force received the next three bombers Su-34
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3765
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  medo on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:09 pm

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW6pbi7MbRo

    Interesting video. At 1:40 they say, that next year Su-24 regiment in Monchegorsk AB in Murmansk region will be replaced with Su-34. So the third regiment will cover Arctic region. Su-34 is excellent plane for this job as it have long range, powerful radar, powerful ECM equipment and good armament.
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3765
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  medo on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:11 pm

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1092789.html

    One more confirmation, that the third Su-34regiment will go in Murmansk region for Arctic operations.
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5716
    Points : 6349
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 39
    Location : Croatia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  Viktor on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:43 pm

    16 Su-34 delivered so far and 2 remaining will be there in two weeks thumbsup


    Novosibirsk Aircraft Plant has fulfilled the state defense order for the delivery of Su-34

    I hope 2015 will bring another 18 to the RuAF.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13975
    Points : 14472
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  George1 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:25 pm

    Viktor wrote:16 Su-34 delivered so far and 2 remaining will be there in two weeks  thumbsup


    Novosibirsk Aircraft Plant has fulfilled the state defense order for the delivery of Su-34

    I hope 2015 will bring another 18 to the RuAF.

    i think 15 have been delivered so far and 3 more are expected.
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3765
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  medo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 pm

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 3425710

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 3425610

    http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Fullback.html

    The primary aircraft sensor is the large Leninets B-004 multimode phased array radar, which uses like all current Russian designs passive phase shifter technology with a Travelling Wave Tube (TWT) transmitter. The radar is claimed to be highly modular with redundant components, reflecting the APQ-164 model to achieve very high mission reliability on long endurance sorties. The X-band design is claimed to achieve a 15 kW peak power rating, although production radars could see the use of higher rating TWT transmitters since developed for the NIIP BARS series.

    Pictures of Su-34 radar V-004 from prototypes. It is big and with a lot of space for electronics. If info from ausairpower is true for prototype radar, that it have 15 kW peak power, than this radar is quite powerful and in class of Bars-M and Zaslon radar. Even for prototype radar was claimed, that it could track 10 air targets and engage 4 of them simultaneously. In 15 years time from first prototype to serial plane, I'm sure they replace old electronics with newer processors and components, so it could have in air to air mode range in class of 300+ km and similar capabilities to Bars-M from Su-30 or Zaslon-AM from MiG-31BM. Also newer electronics could improve air to ground capabilities, which were already very potent. As Su-34 and its radar is for domestic air force only, than it is clear, that RuAF put very high expectations on the plane and its radar, to be better than any export radar. Is there any newer official information about radar from serial Su-34 or we still have only very few info from prototype from nineties?
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5716
    Points : 6349
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 39
    Location : Croatia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  Viktor on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:59 pm

    Last two Su-34 delivered to the Russian AF thumbsup


    Two Sukhoi Su-34, passed on the eve of the Air Force of Russia, on Monday went from Novosibirsk to the place of their deployment in one of the air units in the south of Russia, the press service of the company "Sukhoi".

    "Thus," dry "not only fulfilled the 2014 state defense order for this type of aircraft, but also exceeded the planned target," - said in a statement to Interfax .

    The report notes that the Novosibirsk aircraft plant operates at maximum capacity.

    According to the press service, the BBC Russian Su-34 can fly a distance of 4,000 km, the maximum speed of up to 1900 km / h, and the combat load of up to 8 tons. The aircraft is the latest weapon system and filling system in the air.


    "DRY" BBC RUSSIA, TWO OF ABOVE-BOMBER SU-34
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13975
    Points : 14472
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  George1 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:14 pm

    Viktor wrote:Last two Su-34 delivered to the Russian AF  thumbsup


    Two Sukhoi Su-34, passed on the eve of the Air Force of Russia, on Monday went from Novosibirsk to the place of their deployment in one of the air units in the south of Russia, the press service of the company "Sukhoi".

    "Thus," dry "not only fulfilled the 2014 state defense order for this type of aircraft, but also exceeded the planned target," - said in a statement to Interfax .

    The report notes that the Novosibirsk aircraft plant operates at maximum capacity.

    According to the press service, the BBC Russian Su-34 can fly a distance of 4,000 km, the maximum speed of up to 1900 km / h, and the combat load of up to 8 tons. The aircraft is the latest weapon system and filling system in the air.


    "DRY" BBC RUSSIA, TWO OF ABOVE-BOMBER SU-34

    excellent!! 56 we have now
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5716
    Points : 6349
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 39
    Location : Croatia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  Viktor on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:01 pm

    and 18 more in 2015 thumbsup

    18 Sukhoi Su-34 will be built in Novosibirsk in 2015
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3765
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  medo on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:43 pm

    I was hoping for 20+ Su-34 in 2015, that they could fully equip the third regiment.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13975
    Points : 14472
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  George1 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:19 pm

    Russian Military to Get 100 Brand New Su-34 Front-line Bombers

    Over 100 Su-34 strike fighters will be produced to replace Su-24 jets, said Vladimir Mikhaylov, former commander-in-chief of the Russian Air Force.

    "This year the [Novosibirsk] aircraft factory must deliver 16 Su-34 frontline bombers," Mikhailov said, adding the factory is ready to exceed the production target. "Three aircraft will be delivered soon," said the director of the Moscow-based United Aircraft Corporation's Military Aviation Programs Directorate.

    Mikhailov described the aircraft as solid, sound and able to cover long distances with refueling. "In other words, it meets all the requirements for the frontline bomber," he said.

    The Su-34, based on the Su-27 fighter, is fitted with twin AL-31MF afterburner turbojet engines and can carry a payload of up to eight tons of precision-guided weapons over 2,500 miles. The aircraft will eventually replace all the Su-24 strike aircraft in service with the Russian Air Force and Navy.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150325/1019992258.html#ixzz3VQVgx3EN
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3765
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  medo on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 pm

    I read some info, that V004 radar have max. range 370 km and that it could detect fighter size target (3 m2) at 120 km (export) and up to 200 km (domestic). Could anyone confirm those informations? It could also track 10 aerial + 4 ground targets and engage 4 aerial + 2 ground targets.


    Last edited by medo on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7091
    Points : 7359
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:54 pm

    medo wrote:I read some info, that V004 radar have max. range 370 km and that it could detect fighter size target (3 m2) at 120 km (export) and up to 200 km (domestic). Could anyone confirm those informations?

    I heard the 120km range part but not the 200km range part. As well, I heard it had decent air to air but very good terrain following and air to ground capabilities.

    If what you said would be true, then it is on par with bars or better.
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3765
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  medo on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:58 pm

    It have bigger antenna than Bars and similar peak power (15 kW), but of course a lot depend on processors behind. Considering Su-34 is domestic plane, maybe this caracteristics could be real.
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3765
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  medo on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:27 pm

    I think if less powerful Zhuk-MS radar have a range against fighter sized targets around 190 km, than I don't see a problem for bigger and more powerful radar to have a range against same targets around 200 km.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7091
    Points : 7359
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:10 pm

    If this is the case, they should have used the V004 radar for Su-30SM and what not, to reduce overall costs for spare parts and supply. Su-34 then sounds extremely capable system and would also cheaper too. I can see why they ordered so many of them. Now if they made a single seat variant for air superiority, would be overall cheaper and as effective as Su-30SM....
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3765
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  medo on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:42 pm

    V004 could not be placed in nose of Su-30SM as Su-34 have different nose with two seats side by side. Bars radar have the same peak power of 15 kW and have range around 400 km (developed for Su-27M / Su-35), so no need to place V004 in Su-30SM. From Bars is developed more powerful Irbis radar with 400+ km range. V004 is bigger than Bars radar and have larger volume for processors and computers in the nose than Bars radar, which also have to share the space in nose with IRST. Larger processing capabilities behind antenna, could give far better air to ground capabilities to V004 radar than what Bars or Irbis have and still have similar air to air capabilities as Zhuk-SM radar. Bars and Irbis are primary air to air radars with good air to ground capabilities, while V004 is primary air to ground with good air to air capabilities.

    Anyway, Su-34 could be no worse fighter in the air than F-15E, although they are both fighter bombers for deep strikes on ground targets.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7091
    Points : 7359
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:54 pm

    medo wrote:V004 could not be placed in nose of Su-30SM as Su-34 have different nose with two seats side by side. Bars radar have the same peak power of 15 kW and have range around 400 km (developed for Su-27M / Su-35), so no need to place V004 in Su-30SM. From Bars is developed more powerful Irbis radar with 400+ km range. V004 is bigger than Bars radar and have larger volume for processors and computers in the nose than Bars radar, which also have to share the space in nose with IRST. Larger processing capabilities behind antenna, could give far better air to ground capabilities to V004 radar than what Bars or Irbis have and still have similar air to air capabilities as Zhuk-SM radar. Bars and Irbis are primary air to air radars with good air to ground capabilities, while V004 is primary air to ground with good air to air capabilities.

    Anyway, Su-34 could be no worse fighter in the air than F-15E, although they are both fighter bombers for deep strikes on ground targets.

    Good points but even with those figures (if true) would make Su-34's v004 better than most other fighters radar.
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3765
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  medo on Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:24 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    medo wrote:V004 could not be placed in nose of Su-30SM as Su-34 have different nose with two seats side by side. Bars radar have the same peak power of 15 kW and have range around 400 km (developed for Su-27M / Su-35), so no need to place V004 in Su-30SM. From Bars is developed more powerful Irbis radar with 400+ km range. V004 is bigger than Bars radar and have larger volume for processors and computers in the nose than Bars radar, which also have to share the space in nose with IRST. Larger processing capabilities behind antenna, could give far better air to ground capabilities to V004 radar than what Bars or Irbis have and still have similar air to air capabilities as Zhuk-SM radar. Bars and Irbis are primary air to air radars with good air to ground capabilities, while V004 is primary air to ground with good air to air capabilities.

    Anyway, Su-34 could be no worse fighter in the air than F-15E, although they are both fighter bombers for deep strikes on ground targets.

    Good points but even with those figures (if true) would make Su-34's v004 better than most other fighters radar.

    True, but in deep strikes against well armed opponents, they will mostly depend on themselves for protection against fighters, so very capable radar and excellent data link and SATCOM network to share situation picture will help them a lot to destroy enemy fighters from the safe distance and not to get into dogfight, although Su-34 is quite agile.

    Sponsored content

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:38 pm