Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Tu-22M3: News

    Share
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 711
    Points : 715
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:40 pm

    Destoryed? it looks like at best the pilot fucked up and while it was ont he ground ran it into a ditch. It maybe damaged sure but destoryed? now that's far-fetched.

    That said that guy is getting shit canned.

    ult

    Posts : 649
    Points : 689
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  ult on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:25 pm

    Are you both high? The aircraft wasn't destroyed, and got barely any scratches thanks to the crew who managed to land the plane with broken flaps, with 400 km/h speed.
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 966
    Points : 964
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  Isos on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:52 pm

    This happen when their is strong wind and snow on the ground. Look at the video how the plane is unstable. On the picture their is no dammage.
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 711
    Points : 715
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:56 am

    ult wrote:Are you both high? The aircraft wasn't destroyed, and got barely any scratches thanks to the crew who managed to land the plane with broken flaps, with 400 km/h speed.

    Broken flaps? that would make it damaged then so am I really high?
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1729
    Points : 1886
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  TheArmenian on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:23 am

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    ult wrote:Are you both high? The aircraft wasn't destroyed, and got barely any scratches thanks to the crew who managed to land the plane with broken flaps, with 400 km/h speed.

    Broken flaps? that would make it damaged then so am I really high?

    Not "broken flaps".
    He meant : "flaps that did not deploy"

    This is the story:
    The plane had to land at 400 km/h speed because the flaps did not deploy.
    Pretty scary, but the pilots did a good job in bringing the plane to a full stop with no damage.


    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 1637
    Points : 1662
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  eehnie on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:40 am

    The aircrafts of the Tu-22M3 variant of the Tu-22 will be modernized.

    http://structure.mil.ru/structure/forces/vks/news/more.htm?id=12120918@egNews

    Good news for the veteran and successful Tu-22 saga that likely will have long life still.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5233
    Points : 5296
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:04 pm

    eehnie wrote:The aircrafts of the Tu-22M3 variant of the Tu-22 will be modernized.

    http://structure.mil.ru/structure/forces/vks/news/more.htm?id=12120918@egNews

    Good news for the veteran and successful Tu-22 saga that likely will have long life still.
    Link Yandex translated, my highlight. Good link. Not a lot of information on the Tu-22M3 upgrade, almost a throw away comment. More words on the Tu-95 upgrade.

    All strategic bombers Tu-160, which are now in the battle of the aerospace defence forces of Russia, will be completely modernized. This was announced by Deputy defense Minister Yury Borisov during a visit to the Kazan aviation plant.

    "All 16 Tu-160 which are in service, one hundred percent will be subjected to radical modernization. This means that there will be only a glider. All cable work, all on-Board equipment will be dismantled. In addition, will be upgraded and the Tu-22M3" – said the Deputy Minister.

    He stressed that resource available Tu-160 fully enough prior to the entry into operation of the new Tu-160M2, the production of which will be restored in Russia.

    "All this was confirmed by calculations, carried out practical investigations of the main structures of the body. These studies confirm that strength reserve is very high and the resource stock of the Tu-160 is almost limitless," – said Yuri Borisov.

    In addition, the resource turboprop strategic bombers Tu-95 is maximally extended as long as the system does not enter a promising aviation complex distant aviation (PAK DA). This aircraft is planned in the new state armament programme for the years 2018-2025.

    "We'll do our best to prolong its life by replacing the entire fleet of on-Board equipment, – said the Deputy head of the military Department, because huge amounts of money invested in maintaining this car, and she will live at least until then, until we reach the serial production of advanced complex of distant aircraft PAK YES."

    According to Yuri Borisov, the PAK DA is to actually replace the Tu-95.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5745
    Points : 5849
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:17 pm

    "We'll do our best to prolong its life by replacing the entire fleet of on-Board equipment, – said the Deputy head of the military Department, because huge amounts of money invested in maintaining this car, and she will live at least until then, until we reach the serial production of advanced complex of distant aircraft PAK YES."

    According to Yuri Borisov, the PAK DA is to actually replace the Tu-95.

    PAK-YES lol1

    Oh never change Google translate...

    Fact that PAK-DA is to replace Tu-95 further proves that it will be subsonic lower cost design. So basically a workhorse. Tu-160M2 will be heavy hitter. 

    Good to hear about Tu-22M3. Those Soviet era birds are built to last so keeping them in play is a wise move.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5233
    Points : 5296
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:11 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:

    Fact that PAK-DA is to replace Tu-95 further proves that it will be subsonic lower cost design.

    That's a tempting fate comment around here mate, maybe the wrong thread but expect a blast Smile

    O/T silence is deafening on the other Ukie thread.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5745
    Points : 5849
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:44 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

    Fact that PAK-DA is to replace Tu-95 further proves that it will be subsonic lower cost design.

    That's a tempting fate comment around here mate, maybe the wrong thread but expect a blast Smile

    O/T silence is deafening on the other Ukie thread.

    Yes, I just realized that have looked​ into abyss and abyss is about to look back...affraid

    Silence is frequent result of facts. Very Happy
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5233
    Points : 5296
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:45 pm

    Looks a bit of a mess

    Capt(N)‏ @Capt_Navy 3h3 hours ago

    Тu-22М3 ????????#Russian #AirForce number 20 "red" RF-94233 today in Shaykovka






    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1562
    Points : 1562
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:03 am

    I guess that's it for that Tu-22M3. Strip the parts for another one to be upgraded and send that one to junk yard.

    Too bad too. While there are still quite a few of them still around, there isn't a replacement for them anytime soon.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5233
    Points : 5296
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 am

    miketheterrible wrote:I guess that's it for that Tu-22M3. Strip the parts for another one to be upgraded and send that one to junk yard.

    Too bad too. While there are still quite a few of them still around, there isn't a replacement for them anytime soon.
    Don't know if this adds anything, but in case it does

    IgorGirkin‏ @GirkinGirkin 6h6 hours ago

    Ту-22М3, был...

    Шайковка, Калужская обл, 14 сен
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1562
    Points : 1562
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:29 am

    JohninMK wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:I guess that's it for that Tu-22M3. Strip the parts for another one to be upgraded and send that one to junk yard.

    Too bad too. While there are still quite a few of them still around, there isn't a replacement for them anytime soon.
    Don't know if this adds anything, but in case it does

    IgorGirkin‏ @GirkinGirkin 6h6 hours ago

    Ту-22М3, был...

    Шайковка, Калужская обл, 14 сен

    Just the name of region and the date, 14th sept.  Tu-22M3 was.

    How did it happen? I take it, it ran off of the runway?

    T-47

    Posts : 211
    Points : 215
    Join date : 2017-07-17
    Location : Planet Earth

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  T-47 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 pm

    Can't see any pictures John cry cry
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5233
    Points : 5296
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:08 pm

    T-47 wrote:Can't see any pictures John cry cry
    This is the source Smile

    https://twitter.com/Capt_Navy/status/908396201434906625

    T-47

    Posts : 211
    Points : 215
    Join date : 2017-07-17
    Location : Planet Earth

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  T-47 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:13 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    This is the source  Smile

    https://twitter.com/Capt_Navy/status/908396201434906625

    I love you I love you I love you

    BTW I'm pretty sure AMCXXL will come up with details info soon
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5233
    Points : 5296
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:18 pm

    T-47 wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    This is the source  Smile

    https://twitter.com/Capt_Navy/status/908396201434906625

    I love you I love you I love you

    BTW I'm pretty sure AMCXXL will come up with details info soon

    It happened before

    https://twitter.com/Missilito/status/908586715224461313
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5233
    Points : 5296
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:34 am


    The Aviationist‏ @TheAviationist

    Russian Air Force Tu-22M Backfire Damaged In Runway Overrun Accident During Zapad 2017 Exercise https://wp.me/p2TYIs-bll


    Serbian Team‏ @SerbianTeam 4h4 hours ago
    Replying to @TheAviationist

    Hard landing, front gear broked, puncture fuselage and nose colapsed..Pilots are ok.


    https://twitter.com/TheAviationist/status/908708659965890560

    avatar
    Pierre Sprey

    Posts : 34
    Points : 40
    Join date : 2017-02-01

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  Pierre Sprey on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:24 am

    miketheterrible wrote:I guess that's it for that Tu-22M3. Strip the parts for another one to be upgraded and send that one to junk yard.

    Too bad too. While there are still quite a few of them still around, there isn't a replacement for them anytime soon.
    can be fixed.

    what is your signature pic ? dunno
    avatar
    gaurav

    Posts : 357
    Points : 353
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 38
    Location : Blr

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  gaurav on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:06 am

    Has this awesome video been posted before  ...
    one of the rare occasions I find  .. on Russian websites .. describing TU-22 operations/experiences



    T-47

    Posts : 211
    Points : 215
    Join date : 2017-07-17
    Location : Planet Earth

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  T-47 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:24 pm

    Looks like he just added up some Syrian operation videos.....
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5233
    Points : 5296
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  JohninMK on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:12 pm

    Amazing how there is always a camera at these events now. What the hell happened?

    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2717
    Points : 2755
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  franco on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:10 am

    JohninMK wrote:Amazing how there is always a camera at these events now. What the hell happened?


    The braking chute didn't deploy until way too late. Either human or mechanical error.
    avatar
    MC-21

    Posts : 21
    Points : 25
    Join date : 2017-10-09
    Age : 46

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  MC-21 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:16 am

    nice aircraft

    Sponsored content

    Re: Tu-22M3: News

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:17 am