Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Georgia NATO/US Relations

TheGeorgian

Re: Georgia NATO/US Relations

Post  TheGeorgian on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Nothing really new or dramatic. It's to raise the combat capabilities of our troops education and training wise. We allready have a similar type of training center running since 2006. The Mountain Warfare school allready trains special troops of NATO member states and allies for years now.

Working towards NATO membership is also not dramatic news. That was allready partialy established or at least considered during Shevardnadze rule in 2001.
    Consequently such developments shouldn't really be surprising to anyone. It's not like membership was in any reach for at least a decade or two if at all.

Russia also doesn't give us the slightest chance nor desire, be it forced or not, to consider any form of alternatives.

So tell me, what should we do. Simply dissapear from the map .... ?
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:47 pm

TheGeorgian wrote:Nothing really new or dramatic. It's to raise the combat capabilities of our troops education and training wise. We allready have a similar type of training center running since 2006. The Mountain Warfare school allready trains special troops of NATO member states and allies for years now.

Working towards NATO membership is also not dramatic news. That was allready partialy established or at least considered during Shevardnadze rule in 2001.
    Consequently such developments shouldn't really be surprising to anyone. It's not like membership was in any reach for at least a decade or two if at all.

Russia also doesn't give us the slightest chance nor desire, be it forced or not, to consider any form of alternatives.

Join the NATO you become automatically a target of Russia, because joining a military vassal statehood of meatshield of US will of course make russia change its tone towards Georgia or any other vassal state with a wish to die for anglo-saxons. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Georgia, it is an unimportant country, but if you want attention so hardly, join NATO you will be overwhelmed with attention and then you can go full retard like Sweden or next Finnland and announce yourself being victim reacting to Russias aggression and "expansion" towards west...like the old cold war propaganda that is shouted since over 70 fucking years "The russians are coming", unfortunatley they never came and shut the fucked up every idiot in Europe with their wishes to die as cannon fodder for anglo-saxon supremacy believes.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:44 pm

TheGeorgian wrote:Nothing really new or dramatic. It's to raise the combat capabilities of our troops education and training wise. We allready have a similar type of training center running since 2006. The Mountain Warfare school allready trains special troops of NATO member states and allies for years now.

I will not pretend to be an expert on this topic but I could not help but notice several interesting things:

You guys may think that you have big problem but in fact, you are experiencing one of the most solvable conflicts in history. Here is why:

1) There is no religious component to this conflict. This fact alone erases 99% of difficulties you would otherwise have when trying to negotiate permanent solution.
    I am being dead serious, Balkans for example, would be non issue if religious part could be taken out of equation.

2) That ''war'' you guys fought? (all of you) That only lasted for 6 days and had casualtie number in low four digits.
    No disrespect, but over here, that would barely qualify as hunting accident. I am honestly surprised that is still a topic...

What you guys need to do (Georgia, Abkhazia, Ossetia) is to burry the hatchet. You can do this simply by throwing the real culprit-Sakashwilie- under the bus where he belongs because he and his merry gang of NATO fluffers are thes one who brought this misery on all of you. And they made good money for themselves off of your blood.

As for political solution, you should try with confederacy approach, for three of you to form a new country together. It won't be easy, but what is? It will certainly be easier than most conflict solutions out there...

Also, Russia would gladly lubricate any reasonable solution if it means getting NATO morons away from her ballpark.

Georgia got played by NATO. Is sucks but that does not mean you have to live in this status quo permanently. Keep in mind that NATO is an institution that even country like Poland is uncertain of whether if it would help them in serious conflict.
    If Poland has doubts then what could small, distant Georgia expect?

Nobody expects you to disappear, they just expect you to start living up to your potential.

That is my 2¢.
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:39 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

I will not pretend to be an expert on this topic but I could not help but notice several interesting things:

You guys may think that you have big problem but in fact, you are experiencing one of the most solvable conflicts in history. Here is why:

1) There is no religious component to this conflict. This fact alone erases 99% of difficulties you would otherwise have when trying to negotiate permanent solution.
    I am being dead serious, Balkans for example, would be non issue if religious part could be taken out of equation.

2) That ''war'' you guys fought? (all of you) That only lasted for 6 days and had casualtie number in low four digits.
    No disrespect, but over here, that would barely qualify as hunting accident. I am honestly surprised that is still a topic...

What you guys need to do (Georgia, Abkhazia, Ossetia) is to burry the hatchet. You can do this simply by throwing the real culprit-Sakashwilie- under the bus where he belongs because he and his merry gang of NATO fluffers are thes one who brought this misery on all of you. And they made good money for themselves off of your blood.

As for political solution, you should try with confederacy approach, for three of you to form a new country together. It won't be easy, but what is? It will certainly be easier than most conflict solutions out there...

Nobody expects you to disappear, they just expect you to start living up to your potential.

That is my 2¢.

True delight to see some decent posts once in a while.

You, are absolutly right.

Burrying the hatchet with neither the Abkhazians nor the Ossetians does present any special or very difficult hurdle in that respect if the doors for talks and rehabilitation were open. That is a fact. It has been done before and it has been proven very succesful. Despite what happened and it would work even better despite recent events. But they are kept closed, forcefuly. Nowdays these two regions present nothing but huge isolated ( to us ) Russian military bases with fences stretched along the DMZ in an effort to undermine any sort of rapprochement and convergence. Nobody should have illusions. People are not stupid. No matter how much you try to influence their thinking. They know what is going on, when they are played and what political role or significance they have.

Also, Russia would gladly lubricate any reasonable solution if it means getting NATO morons away from her ballpark.

Maybe because it's today, a different time. Far from 1991 when the wounds were still fresh and one couldn't bear "loosing" so much ? - wishful thinking. Does Russia bear to have "lost" so much, now ? as a matter of fact they don't. The general mentality is still anchored in the past. NATO was not the reason in the 90s and I can assure you, things haven't changed nowdays. Can anyone here disagree on that ? please prove me wrong. I'd be glad to be proven wrong on this. Really.

I mean sure, Saakashvili happened ..... but was it any different before ? was it any different afterwards ? No and no.

What do you think would be a reasonable solution for Russia if NATO wasn't involved anymore ? do you think they'd give up their bases in Abkhazia and "South Ossetia", pull out their troops and allow all 3 parties to sit togheter at a table and find peaceful solutions to deal with all question ? - I don't know, seems like wishful thinking. People tried approaching and talking to eachother increasingly the last couple years, before the fences were constructed. So practicaly every time there is energy put into such efforts, there is a frightened and regressive reaction from Russia.

Georgia got played by NATO. Is sucks but that does not mean you have to live in this status quo permanently. Keep in mind that NATO is an institution that even country like Poland is uncertain of whether if it would help them in serious conflict.
    If Poland has doubts then what could small, distant Georgia expect?

When the Russian Federation is your physical enemy threatening your very existence and you're not very keen to be subjugated in the same manner you were for decades and centuries allready, no matter if as whole or merely politicaly and economicaly, you seek to approach the opposing force. It's a natural reaction because you fear for your life and want to survive, in one piece. I don't get why there isn't even some basic logical understanding to such consequences. Everything is like clouded, no room given for reasoning. We tried to approach Russia a million times with peaceful solutions. We literaly tried everything. What does Russia do ? pushes the fence a few kilometers further into uncotensted territory proper. Please people, that is not a solution. If the central highway is reached, it will mean war. Because no matter how weak we are, nobody will just sit idly and watch it's country being literaly split ahalf. We had our big mistake, called Saakashvili .... and no matter what the Russians did to provoke it or not, he started the August War. But this time around, there are not two parties actively provoking eachother. There is only ONE.

Georgia does not present a threat to Russia, not in the next 5 years, not in the next 20 years. There won't ever be NATO bases in Georgia because NATO itself isn't that stupid. Georgia literaly has no prospect of joining NATO and will forever simply remain an allied nation if anything, even if we get the MAP in 2016, which is unlikely to happen anyway.
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian on Tue May 10, 2016 1:00 pm

Noble Partner 2016 kicking off tomorrow.

Nice little contrast here.

George1

Post  George1 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:30 am

US Army to Upgrade Georgia Light Infantry Unit Into Heavy Armored Brigade

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/military/201612021048076660-fort-stewart-brigade-armored-infantry/

TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:30 pm

George1 wrote:US Army to Upgrade Georgia Light Infantry Unit Into Heavy Armored Brigade

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/military/201612021048076660-fort-stewart-brigade-armored-infantry/

a "Georgia-based" as in the state of Georgia my friend.... Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:43 pm