Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Aristide
    Aristide

    Posts : 659
    Points : 729
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 22
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  Aristide on Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:52 pm

    Would like to know? News here show huge demonstrations in Moscow now because some elections?

    http://www.lefigaro.fr/international/russie-40-000-manifestants-rassembles-a-moscou-pour-une-nouvelle-journee-de-mobilisation-20190810

    Whats going on there?
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 521
    Points : 527
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:54 pm

    CIA paid fifth column.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21441
    Points : 21991
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  GarryB on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:04 am

    Some liberal candidates didn't follow the rules and were left off the ballot and now some paid agitators are complaining that the rules don't apply to the democrats and they should be allowed to stand in the elections anyway.
    Aristide
    Aristide

    Posts : 659
    Points : 729
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 22
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  Aristide on Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:58 am

    GarryB wrote:Some liberal candidates didn't follow the rules and were left off the ballot and now some paid agitators are complaining that the rules don't apply to the democrats and they should be allowed to stand in the elections anyway.

    This does not look like a few paid demonstrators

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? 2019-07-21-russia-moscow-protests

    I would like to understand whats exactly going on? They say its because an election and alot of young people are unhappy how things are run?

    Also that Putins party will have losses. Is there an alternative? I mean whats the political spectrum be like in Russia? We always hear Putin here, Putin there, but are there other parties with influence?

    I dont think its in french interest to see Putin fall. From what i know he holds the thing together.



    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21441
    Points : 21991
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  GarryB on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:34 am

    Generally the second most powerful party is the communist party in eastern europe because the liberal pro western parties have sullied the name to the extent that most people are sick of them.

    Most of their prominent alternative politicians are bitches of the west and speak english when they shout slogans at protests... because they are pandering to the people that pay their wages... in the west.
    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 2185
    Points : 2183
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 43
    Location : Merkelland

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  Hole on Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:58 am

    15.000 people in a city of 10+ million isn´t huge. There are larger block parties or barbecues in Moscow. And this was no demonstration of one party or one "cause", there were people from the very far left to the very far right.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3712
    Points : 3694
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  miketheterrible on Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:58 am

    GarryB wrote:Generally the second most powerful party is the communist party in eastern europe because the liberal pro western parties have sullied the name to the extent that most people are sick of them.

    Most of their prominent alternative politicians are bitches of the west and speak english when they shout slogans at protests... because they are pandering to the people that pay their wages... in the west.

    Prominent is a strong word for them.

    They are simply foreign agents.  Sobol, Navalny, the rest.  They are not popular at all in Russia.  These protests, the ones that are actually sanctioned by Moscow authorities are simply groupies.  People who are all projecting their own demands and or wants and other bullshit to get media attention.

    Communists, Ultra Lib morons, LGBT fags, Ukrainians (Yes, there were Ukrainian flags at the protest), Anarchist Youth failed abortions, so called Rappers who rap about raping grandmothers, and media from the west and others - all attended.  These are people that Russians hate.  A lot of them were not from Moscow.  Many of them were on lookers.  Many others were drunk morons.  Ukrainians chanting slogans (they should be kicked out of hte country and black listed from ever entering again).  LGBT acting like their usual self wherever they go.  Etc.

    What was funny is that not many even know what or who they were demanding for or what was exactly happening.

    Now, the so called opposition the west portrays in Russia (Sobol, Navalny, etc), its their little games they play that should be watched.  Its them who hold the unregistered rallies.  Those rallies only attract about 1,500 people.  Maybe 3,000 max.  This is of course in a city of 13M people.  Moscow area proper is larger.  Many people are bussed in.  Many were journalists.

    What is interesting of course is the end results of all of this.  This actually is going to get worst not for the Russian authorities but the foreign handlers who provide funds to these groups.  Apparently Russian authorities are now going to crack down on NGO's and media who have been supporting the protests and inciting people to partake.  As well, they froze the accounts of the protest leaders and their groups (Navalny particularly) and is pushing an audit to find out exactly where his funds come from.

    In the end, these charades is twisting the authorities arms in a way that gives them proper sight to act harshly.  Which by statistics, most people of Moscow are sick of and demanded the authorities clamp down on them.  Many even demand of their authorities to act against them like France does against Yellow Vest but that is rather very improper.  Regardless what west says, the protests in Moscow are a cake walk for authorities and protestors alike compared to events in Paris and elsewhere.

    Hole wrote:15.000 people in a city of 10+ million isn´t huge. There are larger block parties or barbecues in Moscow. And this was no demonstration of one party or one "cause", there were people from the very far left to the very far right.

    Authorities says 20,000. Protests of course claim 50,000. This is based upon absolutely nothing but some group who is popular in apparently ticker taping people, claim. Although, that is clearly bullshit cause some small group wont be able to ticker tape everyone and or not just over exaggerate on numbers. The real numbers are inbetween. My guess about ~30,000. Of course, the protestors and supporters, including bots will say its all a lie. But thats actually the safest bet because authorities knows exactly how many and even who partook (cameras with face recognition software is rather very much in use in Moscow or Russia as a whole. Plus they export such tech to many countries including the west). But they will also fudge some numbers as well because its easier to keep people guessing.
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3199
    Points : 3231
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  franco on Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:57 pm

    There actually were two protests. The first was with a permit and involved about 30,000 people. They assembled, did their protest and dispersed peaceably. However Sobol tried to hijack this and march on Red Square to occupy it. She was ratted out by some of the others and only got about 10% to follow her in the attempt... it was stopped and arrests made. The purpose was all for Western MSM and funded by non Russians, for non Russians.

    Similar to Hong Kong, legitimate grieves hijacked by radicals working for and paid for by outside parties.

    Totally unlike the protests in your own country which are strictly grass roots.
    PhSt
    PhSt

    Posts : 50
    Points : 52
    Join date : 2019-04-02

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  PhSt on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:36 pm


    But how about the loophole in the election process that the 5th columnist thugs can exploit by flooding the election ballot with their candidates? Is this being addressed or Not?
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 4536
    Points : 4651
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  kvs on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:58 pm

    People are forgetting that a large part of these demonstrators were bused in. '

    Recall how it is popular in NATO to dismiss protests they don't like by invoking the "bused in" claim. Well,
    these Moscow demonstrations are not just by locals. Without the busing in they would be probably 1/4
    of what they are.

    And 15,000 is the right number based on the photos. It is getting ridiculous how any number can be claimed
    as if it is impossible to count heads from a photo or video. Even an extrapolation based on a sampling of
    a few areas and getting heads/m^2 is good enough.

    Aristide
    Aristide

    Posts : 659
    Points : 729
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 22
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  Aristide on Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:50 pm

    franco wrote:There actually were two protests. The first was with a permit and involved about 30,000 people. They assembled, did their protest and dispersed peaceably. However Sobol tried to hijack this and march on Red Square to occupy it. She was ratted out by some of the others and only got about 10% to follow her in the attempt... it was stopped and arrests made. The purpose was all for Western MSM and funded by non Russians, for non Russians.

    Similar to Hong Kong, legitimate grieves hijacked by radicals working for and paid for by outside parties.

    Totally unlike the protests in your own country which are strictly grass roots.

    The protests in my own country were heavily paid from outside fractions. Macron more and more became anti american and then yellow vest shit started.

    I´m member of RN (le pen party) and even we distanced us from this protests, which were agitated from outside.

    The people who started it had legit goals but when they started to attack french national symbols, they lost their support from the french public.

    President Macron has become rampant anti american, something i did not expect at the beginning of his presidency.

    Our police can be quite merciless and i support this. When you attack our architecture, business or symbols, you get the baton into the face.

    There were yellow vests trying to block firefighters to reach Notre Dame. Which true French would do this?
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3199
    Points : 3231
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  franco on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:45 pm

    Very detailed recount of the demonstrations in Moscow... worth while to translate.

    https://rg.ru/2019/08/11/reg-cfo/akciia-na-saharova-ne-privlekla-moskvichej-ni-slovom-ni-pesnej-i-togda-liudej-snova-pozvali-na-progulki.html
    avatar
    calripson

    Posts : 170
    Points : 195
    Join date : 2013-10-26

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Protests

    Post  calripson on Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:49 pm

    It is easy to be dismissive about the protests in Moscow, but the truth is there is a substantial number of liberal supporters particularly among the young. The bad 1990s were a long time ago - before the memory of many people under 35. Putin has been in power for 20 years; there is a natural fatigue that comes with this. In the West, they create the illusion of choice and change (Obama's "Change You Can Believe In"). Of course, the fundamental interests never change and the real powers behind the politicians remain in power.

    It would have been wise for Putin or the FSB to create a controlled opposition that would act as a safety valve for political dissent. The Communists used to play this role but they are used up. The problem is Russian history and the hierarchy of power: Power in Russia is too personalized. Putin would fear handing over power (even nominally) to anyone other than a chipmunk like Medvedev. In the West, power is a decentralized behind the shadows financial oligarchy.

    The problem in contemporary Russia is real. I can't tell you how many Russian business people I deal with who want to send their kids to school in the US or UK, who want to get a green card, who want to reside in Italy, Spain, Australia, or Dubai. There is almost a fundamental conflict between the individual interests of the modern day bourgeoisie and the interests of the Russian state. A state whose educational system produced them in the first place.

    Chinese bourgeoisie by the way (who I also deal with extensively) are even worse. They can't wait to get themselves, their money, and their kids out of China.

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3712
    Points : 3694
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  miketheterrible on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:23 pm

    calripson wrote:It is easy to be dismissive about the protests in Moscow, but the truth is there is a substantial number of liberal supporters particularly among the young. The bad 1990s were a long time ago - before the memory of many people under 35. Putin has been in power for 20 years; there is a natural fatigue that comes with this. In the West, they create the illusion of choice and change (Obama's "Change You Can Believe In"). Of course, the fundamental interests never change and the real powers behind the politicians remain in power.

    It would have been wise for Putin or the FSB to create a controlled opposition that would act as a safety valve for political dissent. The Communists used to play this role but they are used up. The problem is Russian history and the hierarchy of power: Power in Russia is too personalized. Putin would fear handing over power (even nominally) to anyone other than a chipmunk like Medvedev. In the West, power is a decentralized behind the shadows financial oligarchy.

    The problem in contemporary Russia is real. I can't tell you how many Russian business people I deal with who want to send their kids to school in the US or UK, who want to get a green card, who want to reside in Italy, Spain, Australia, or Dubai. There is almost a fundamental conflict between the individual interests of the modern day bourgeoisie and the interests of the Russian state. A state whose educational system produced them in the first place.

    Chinese bourgeoisie by the way (who I also deal with extensively) are even worse. They can't wait to get themselves, their money, and their kids out of China.


    Anecdotal evidence isn't evidence.

    Rich people all around the world does that. Rich people in Canada get their kids into either US universities or French or something else.

    In honesty though, you are semi correct. KPRF is losing popularity but it still gets way more votes than any other liberal group. LDPR on the other hand is gaining votes and popularity meaning that average Russian (which is in their 30's) are getting to be rather nationalistic.

    The youth you speak of is mostly like that. As soon as reality strikes them, they are no longer these multi colored haired freaks of nature. Reality is seen. We all seen it. They have little support and that is as Franco pointed out - they try to divert the sanctioned rallies by protesting somewhere else and even many of their "own" ratted them out to authorities.
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2158
    Points : 2152
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  Regular on Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 am

    Say what ever you want about Russian gov, but god forbid to have these maggots rule Russia instead.
    They found an warm sweaty armpit to thrive. Marginals and nothing else.
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 521
    Points : 527
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:59 pm

    CIA paid shit. Who doesn't do work and hang out in the streets all day long? Yeah, CIA paid shit. Same shit as in Kiev in 2013.
    Aristide
    Aristide

    Posts : 659
    Points : 729
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 22
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  Aristide on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:08 pm

    ultimatewarrior wrote:CIA paid shit. Who doesn't do work and hang out in the streets all day long? Yeah, CIA paid shit. Same shit as in Kiev in 2013.
    So you say ukrainians were super happy with their regime and all in russia are happy as well? Its just one big happy family?
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2158
    Points : 2152
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  Regular on Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:50 am

    Aristide wrote:
    ultimatewarrior wrote:CIA paid shit. Who doesn't do work and hang out in the streets all day long? Yeah, CIA paid shit. Same shit as in Kiev in 2013.
    So you say ukrainians were super happy with their regime and all in russia are happy as well? Its just one big happy family?

    Russians and Ukrainians will never be happy with any regime.
    Americans are same too.
    Aristide
    Aristide

    Posts : 659
    Points : 729
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 22
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  Aristide on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:30 am

    Regular wrote:
    Aristide wrote:
    ultimatewarrior wrote:CIA paid shit. Who doesn't do work and hang out in the streets all day long? Yeah, CIA paid shit. Same shit as in Kiev in 2013.
    So you say ukrainians were super happy with their regime and all in russia are happy as well? Its just one big happy family?

    Russians and Ukrainians will never be happy with any regime.
    Americans are same too.

    What you think about us regarding that? Wink
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21441
    Points : 21991
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  GarryB on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 am

    I seem to remember a lot of protesting after the last lot of protestors, but that second protest wasn't covered by the western media because it was protestors protesting at not being paid money promised for their protests... how ironic is that...

    Of course the second protest didn't fit the agenda and was totally ignored by the western media... hope the current protestors make sure they get paid in advance...
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3712
    Points : 3694
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  miketheterrible Yesterday at 11:16 am

    So Moscow transit authorities along with plenty of civillians are pushing a class action lawsuits of about 1.4M Rubles or more against the city and the protestors over delayed times of transit or loss time from work because of protestors blocking roads.

    I think actual locals are starting to get real tired of authorities lack of response and the liberals constantly stirring trouble.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21441
    Points : 21991
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  GarryB Today at 4:27 am

    When are the Russians going to realise that being nice to prevent blow back from western media is a total waste of time... no matter what they do it will be wrong, so they might as well do their jobs and deal with illegal protests the way all police forces deal with illegal activity.

    Perhaps a stiff fine for protesting at an illegal rally... and suggest that the instigators might want to pay the fines of the pleebs they get to protest... that would be funny when they refuse because they get money from the west but doing this would mean they wont get to keep so much of it for themselves.

    It would also be a useful way of moving money going towards unrest in the country into the hands of those enforcing law and order for a change... those funds could be directed to local charities that could use better funding.

    It is dangerous to keep fines because it becomes a new source of income that becomes addictive to government agencies and dangerous to the general public.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 4536
    Points : 4651
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  kvs Today at 4:41 am

    GarryB wrote:When are the Russians going to realise that being nice to prevent blow back from western media is a total waste of time... no matter what they do it will be wrong, so they might as well do their jobs and deal with illegal protests the way all police forces deal with illegal activity.

    Perhaps a stiff fine for protesting at an illegal rally... and suggest that the instigators might want to pay the fines of the pleebs they get to protest... that would be funny when they refuse because they get money from the west but doing this would mean they wont get to keep so much of it for themselves.

    It would also be a useful way of moving money going towards unrest in the country into the hands of those enforcing law and order for a change... those funds could be directed to local charities that could use better funding.

    It is dangerous to keep fines because it becomes a new source of income that becomes addictive to government agencies and dangerous to the general public.

    Fines are some western invention that work for certain cases but are the wrong approach to others. Since all these protests revolve
    around money, the best punishment is prison time. Every clown who breaks the law gets to spend 30 days in jail. For every repeat
    offense they get to spend twice the jail time. That will add up real fast and real painful. And NATO will not be able to sneak the
    perps money to pay off fines.

    An example of the absurdity with fines was the shit pile known as "Pussy Riot". They kept geting $17 (yes, that small) fines over and over.
    For some bizarre reason the fines did not keep getting bigger. How can such waste of scarce court resources be justified? They did
    face jail time eventually, but that was some sort of special initiative. It should have been automatic.

    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3505
    Points : 3589
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  flamming_python Today at 5:00 am

    Pro-liberal demonstration of the Moscow middle class (and some other cities to a lesser extent). I don't even know what their program is. Maybe they don't have one, maybe they're too afraid of voicing it because they don't want to inevitably alienate the majority of the Russian population outright, and want as many people as possible to join these rallies.

    Our government doesn't have any big ideas other than how to tighten screws, and this radicalizes people. But that's no reason to participate in any sort of demonstration organized by the liberal opposition. All they know how to do is perform tricks in front of the cameras and whine in English on Facebook to their international friends. They had their chance in the 90s, set the country back decades. Fuck em.

    Sponsored content

    What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now? Empty Re: What are those huge demonstrations in Russia about right now?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:07 am