Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Western propaganda #2

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Western propaganda #2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Western propaganda #2

Post  Rodion_Romanovic on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:37 pm

Aristide wrote:
    PhSt wrote:
    Dude...the Superjet has a very bad renomme. It crashs regulary and also has the problem

You mean like how a Boeing 737 crashes regularly?

Airlines that had it, sold it all and switched to Airbus.

Exactly my point, Western Airlines are under pressure to let go and avoid these planes so they have to make all the lousy excuse about how the plane is unreliable like what you are doing now.

You dont make money with a plane that is constantly in repairs and has a bad renomee for crashing.

Yes you do. look at Boeing 737.

Superjet has quality issues, thats Sukhois fault and nobody else.

I understand your narrative. When a western plane crash its the pilot's fault. but when a Russian plane crash its the manufacturer's fault. Got it.

It also uses more fuel than compareable models.

Indeed, according to this news article the airplane failed certification tests in 2010, and among the significant drawbacks that were found are increased weight and excessive fuel consumption. The article also mentioned that the plane's engines, the SaM146, was jointly developed with France's Snecma.

Should I have omitted the last part? As it will reveal that partnership with a French company has resulted to the plane's engine problems.

Im french. I give a shit about Boeing 737, which btw still has a better ranking than SuperJet.

That SuperJet have a very low flight readiness is a simple fact. No other current model has such a bad ratio.

The "pressure" how you call it, is called capitalism. No airline can afford to have an aircraft in its fleet with a 50% failure ratio.

And it cant be France fault. we also make the airbus engines and they work perfectly fine.

Concerning superjet;

https://airlinerwatch.com/sukhoi-superjet-underperforms-due-to-a-design-flaw-in-the-engines/

SaM146 problems occur in the so-called hot part of the engine, where fuel is burned. Cracks appear in the combustion chambers or oil collectors after 2000–4000 flight hours, and sometimes after 1000 flight hours.

The hot part of SaM146 is Safran responsibility... so...

Anyway France doesn't do alone any aircraft engines except for some military jet (e.j for the rafale).. the last engine they tried alone (silvercrest for the business jet market ) was a big failure..

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-safran-textron-silvercrest/safran-loses-last-silvercrest-client-as-cessna-drops-engine-idUSKCN1UC1YA

France still makes decent helicopter engines (for small to medium helicopters), though.

And no, no solely french engines on Airbus, almost all the new big widebodies have Rolls-Royce engines (except the a380 that can also mount a GE/pratt and withney engine as alternative to the Rolls-Royce Trent 900) while for the a320s the engines are either pratt&withney or CFM, that is only 50% French.

By the way, in the CFM engines, GE is responsible for the "hot part", the high-pressure compressor, combustor, and high-pressure turbine, so that's the reason why they work
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:34 pm

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    Aristide wrote:
    PhSt wrote:
    Dude...the Superjet has a very bad renomme. It crashs regulary and also has the problem

You mean like how a Boeing 737 crashes regularly?

Airlines that had it, sold it all and switched to Airbus.

Exactly my point, Western Airlines are under pressure to let go and avoid these planes so they have to make all the lousy excuse about how the plane is unreliable like what you are doing now.

You dont make money with a plane that is constantly in repairs and has a bad renomee for crashing.

Yes you do. look at Boeing 737.

Superjet has quality issues, thats Sukhois fault and nobody else.

I understand your narrative. When a western plane crash its the pilot's fault. but when a Russian plane crash its the manufacturer's fault. Got it.

It also uses more fuel than compareable models.

Indeed, according to this news article the airplane failed certification tests in 2010, and among the significant drawbacks that were found are increased weight and excessive fuel consumption. The article also mentioned that the plane's engines, the SaM146, was jointly developed with France's Snecma.

Should I have omitted the last part? As it will reveal that partnership with a French company has resulted to the plane's engine problems.

Im french. I give a shit about Boeing 737, which btw still has a better ranking than SuperJet.

That SuperJet have a very low flight readiness is a simple fact. No other current model has such a bad ratio.

The "pressure" how you call it, is called capitalism. No airline can afford to have an aircraft in its fleet with a 50% failure ratio.

And it cant be France fault. we also make the airbus engines and they work perfectly fine.

Concerning superjet;

https://airlinerwatch.com/sukhoi-superjet-underperforms-due-to-a-design-flaw-in-the-engines/

SaM146 problems occur in the so-called hot part of the engine, where fuel is burned. Cracks appear in the combustion chambers or oil collectors after 2000–4000 flight hours, and sometimes after 1000 flight hours.

The hot part of SaM146 is Safran responsibility... so...

Anyway France doesn't do alone any aircraft engines except for some military jet (e.j for the rafale).. the last engine they tried alone (silvercrest for the business jet market ) was a big failure..

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-safran-textron-silvercrest/safran-loses-last-silvercrest-client-as-cessna-drops-engine-idUSKCN1UC1YA

France still makes decent helicopter engines (for small to medium helicopters), though.

And no, no solely french engines on Airbus, almost all the new big widebodies have Rolls-Royce engines (except the a380 that can also mount a GE/pratt and withney engine as alternative to the Rolls-Royce Trent 900) while for the a320s the engines are either pratt&withney or CFM, that is only 50% French.

By the way, in the CFM engines, GE is responsible for the "hot part", the high-pressure compressor, combustor, and high-pressure turbine, so that's the reason why they work

Its always easy to blame others and when i see in this forum its never russias fault, always others. It gets boring.

So its France fault, that Sukhoi has no operational customer service, bad contracts, lack of maintenance service, lack of international connections.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:52 pm

Superjet is the first civilian plane made since USSR. Not the best out there but at least it brings russia back in the game.

Now they are making a 100% russian version. And they are also making the bigger MS-21. Then Russian companies will start using only russian planes just like during USSR.

In the same time China is doing the same.

At the end airbus and boeing will loose the russian and chinese markets but will also have them as competitor. In Asia, chinese will sell their plane very well since most of its neighbours countries have more ties with them than with french or US. Russia on the other hand will sell in Africa and south america.

If I was rich and had invested in airbus and boeing I would sell my parts quickly ...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:59 pm

Isos wrote:Superjet is the first civilian plane made since USSR. Not the best out there but at least it brings russia back in the game.

Now they are making a 100% russian version. And they are also making the bigger MS-21. Then Russian companies will start using only russian planes just like during USSR.

In the same time China is doing the same.

At the end airbus and boeing will loose the russian and chinese markets but will also have them as competitor. In Asia, chinese will sell their plane very well since most of its neighbours countries have more ties with them than with french or US. Russia on the other hand will sell in Africa and south america.

If I was rich and had invested in airbus and boeing I would sell my parts quickly ...

You should mark your post as satire.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:04 pm

Nothing better to say ?
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:15 pm

Aristide wrote:

Its always easy to blame others and when i see in this forum its never russias fault, always others. It gets boring.

So its France fault, that Sukhoi has no operational customer service, bad contracts, lack of maintenance service, lack of international connections.

I never said that Russia had made no mistake in this issue  and some of the points you mention in this last post are true (and if you check some of my posts on similar topics I mentioned them since at least a couple of years). As an example bombardier spent a lot of money to prepare a good logistic and aftersales support for their CS series (that has been in the meanwhile bought by airbus and it is the A220, by the way) before inducting it. Sukhoi did not.. probably they were naive, they lacked experience and they did not properly analized how the business work... all of this is true..

However it still remains the fact the the largest chunk of the reliability problems are associated with the hot part of the engine, that is made by safran
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:22 pm

Isos wrote:

Nothing better to say ?

What should i say? Its rubbish.

No western airline will buy russian or chinese jets. Its even doubtfull that western countries will buy chinse 5g network equipment, so thats it.

China is incredible unpopular in Asia and increasingly also in Africa.

And what market in South America? Bolivia and Venezuela?

Airbus has nothing to worry about for next decades.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:35 pm

Funny how the resident troll cannot accept Fench culpability for a design flaw. An example of the pathological hubris of the
    self-annointed guiding lights of humanity in NATzO. Trash posing as gods.

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:50 pm

Aristide wrote:
    Isos wrote:

Nothing better to say ?

No western airline will buy russian or chinese jets. Its even doubtfull that western countries will buy chinse 5g network equipment, so thats it.

I never said western companies. And btw the two foreign companies that bought SSJ were mexican and Irish ( leased to Belgian company). Those are not really usual russian clients yet they bought the planes.

China unpopular in Asia ? They have more economical ties  with China than with US. Chinese market alone will impact airbus and boeing. Chinese won't buy anymore from them since they ill produce their own planes.

100% of the aerial companies will be happy if China and russia propose their planes as it will drop the prices, and that will also hurt boeing and airbus.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:56 pm

Isos wrote:
    Aristide wrote:
    Isos wrote:

Nothing better to say ?

I never said western companies. And btw the two foreign companies that bought SSJ were mexican and Irish ( leased to Belgian company). Those are not really usual russian clients yet they bought the planes.

China unpopular in Asia ? They have more economical ties  with China than with US. Chinese market alone will impact airbus and boeing. Chinese won't buy anymore from them since they ill produce their own planes.

100% of the aerial companies will be happy if China and russia propose their planes as it will drop the prices, and that will also hurt boeing and airbus.

Actual not. Just like Huawei, it simply gets banned and thus is out of market. Thats Chinas problem. EU and USA stick together in that regard.

Show me how popular China is in Japan, or India Wink
    PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:40 am

An Aircraft that has more crashing incidents is still better? You are not shy in showing your bias.

It is a simple biased opinion not fact.

The "pressure" how you call it, is called capitalism.

Its called Western hostility towards Russia. Russia needs to respond.

France and French people like you have a personal vendetta against Russia, of course you will do everything in your capacity to smear Russia, in Snecma's case, sabotage the design to make the engine uncompetitive.

So if you have it your way it is always Russia's fault right?

Again, this is a direct result of Western hostility against Russia.

Just because you reject a highly probable future event it is already rubbish? Denying the inevitable doesn't stop it from happening.

The West is addicted to Chinese made goods, very soon they will be adding Chinese planes to their cart list.

I'm from Asia. I can disprove this, what you hear and read in mainstream Western propaganda media is far from actual reality. Of course, Western paid politicians will continuously bark anti Chinese rhetoric.

Actual not. Just like Huawei, it simply gets banned and thus is out of market. Thats Chinas problem.

And you are Proud about this brazen example of the West's dirty method of doing business?

Show me how popular China is in Japan,

Indeed, After slaughtering millions of Chinese civilians during WW2, still it is the Japs that have the reason to hate China. Laughing Fortunately, India is smart enough not allow the French to fool them into starting a war against China lol! The Japs on the other hand cannot be taken seriously as they are not the master of their own country and until now still have a leash on their head.

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt on Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:01 am

On Topic,

There is a recent report about Russia's newest Richest woman, Tatyana Bakalchuk.

The news article can be found here

Now there is nothing unusual about the article itself, but after reading the news piece I started researching about Tatyana Bakalchuk. The first result in my search is an article in Wikipedia about her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatyana_Bakalchuk

Western propaganda #2 - Page 12 Screen-Shot-2020-02-20-at-10-54-21-PM

In the page, you can clearly see that her Nationality is indicated as "Koryo-saram" instead of Russian despite the fact that she was born in Moscow. Rolling Eyes

This is the kind of soft level BULLSHlT Nato PlG propaganda outlets like WikiPlGdia is proudly propagating across the internet. Russia needs to act with great haste to setup their own answer to WikiPlGdia and completely ban this vile Nato propaganda site.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:33 am

PhSt wrote:
    On Topic,

There is a recent report about Russia's newest Richest woman, Tatyana Bakalchuk.

Now there is nothing unusual about the article itself, but after reading the news piece I started researching about Tatyana Bakalchuk. The first result in my search is an article in Wikipedia about her.

In the page, you can clearly see that her Nationality is indicated as "Koryo-saram" instead of Russian despite the fact that she was born in Moscow. Rolling Eyes

This is the kind of soft level BULLSHlT Nato PlG propaganda outlets like WikiPlGdia is proudly propagating across the internet. Russia needs to act with great haste to setup their own answer to WikiPlGdia and completely ban this vile Nato propaganda site.

Bakalchuk is an obvious Ukrainian surname. WTF is Koryo-saram? Even if her mother was this obscure minority, it does not make her 100%
    that minority. And there really is not such thing as a Ukrainian ethnic group. It is a regional Russian dialect that has been turned into
    an "ethnicity" by foreign meddling explicitly designed to carve up Russia. That is why this fake nationality has to steal Russian history
    (e.g. they don't recognize Russians as being from Kievan Rus).
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:37 am

The crap above about how Japs supposedly hate the Chinese is thick and rich BS. It shows the character of the poster who
    trots out this BS as evidence of anything other than Jap chauvinist imbecility. China has done nothing in the last 3000 years
    that Japan can claim as wrong doing against itself. By contrast, Jap barbarity in their occupation of eastern China (Nanking)
    during the 1930s and 1940s is one of the worst in human history.

Here we see NATzO historical revisionism in action. Soon China will be claimed to have been ruled by the commies during the 1930s
    and noble Japs intervened to bring freedom and democracy to the Chinese.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:08 am

PhSt wrote:

An Aircraft that has more crashing incidents is still better? You are not shy in showing your bias.

It is a simple biased opinion not fact.

The "pressure" how you call it, is called capitalism.

Its called Western hostility towards Russia. Russia needs to respond.

France and French people like you have a personal vendetta against Russia, of course you will do everything in your capacity to smear Russia, in Snecma's case, sabotage the design to make the engine uncompetitive.

So if you have it your way it is always Russia's fault right?

Again, this is a direct result of Western hostility against Russia.

Just because you reject a highly probable future event it is already rubbish? Denying the inevitable doesn't stop it from happening.

The West is addicted to Chinese made goods, very soon they will be adding Chinese planes to their cart list.

I'm from Asia. I can disprove this, what you hear and read in mainstream Western propaganda media is far from actual reality. Of course, Western paid politicians will continuously bark anti Chinese rhetoric.

Actual not. Just like Huawei, it simply gets banned and thus is out of market. Thats Chinas problem.

And you are Proud about this brazen example of the West's dirty method of doing business?

Show me how popular China is in Japan,

Indeed, After slaughtering millions of Chinese civilians during WW2, still it is the Japs that have the reason to hate China.  Laughing  Fortunately, India is smart enough not allow the French to fool them into starting a war against China lol! The Japs on the other hand cannot be taken seriously as they are not the master of their own country and until now still have a leash on their head.

The 50% flight readiness is not an opinion, but what Brussels airlines experienced. 50% had to be cancelled or delayed.

Airlines operate with small margins and no airline can accept that. Its that easy.

The rest of your bla bla makes no sense.

1st you say we are addicted to chinese crap, then one sentence later you cry because USA and France issue a Huawei ban.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/02/04/orange_nokia/

Orange, France's largest telecoms company, will use Nokia and Ericsson to deploy its 5G networks as pressure to ban Huawei from European networks mounts.

C'est simple comme bonjour!

Same will be done with chinese aircrafts.

Dont worry, russian aircrafts wont be banned. SuperJet shows they are no threat and only for russian market. Beside that, Aeroflot is a very loyal airbus customer and we have no problems with Russia.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic on Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:45 am

Aristide wrote:
    Dont worry, russian aircrafts wont be banned. SuperJet shows they are no threat and only for russian market. Beside that, Aeroflot is a very loyal airbus customer and we have no problems with Russia.
    Airbus make good airplanes.. but that is not not just a french company. It is an European (mainly french german) multinational and anyways all the wings are made in Bristol (England) and then transported later to France.

Furthermore Airbus paid huge bribes in many countries to had their airplanes bought... they have just been slapped a 3.6 billions  fine because of corruption and bribes.

https://www.cityam.com/corruption-campaigners-say-airbus-e3-6bn-fine-may-not-reflect-the-full-wrongdoing-in-bribery-case/

Finally, as I said before, while there were issues for some of the engines in the various airbus models  they were not so big as in the sam146... but that's just because most engines were not french at all or in case of joint development  engines no french company was responsible for the hot parts of the engines.

.. French managers knew best than buying french engines....
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:04 pm

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    Aristide wrote:
    Airbus make good airplanes.. but that is not not just a french company. It is an European (mainly french german) multinational and anyways all the wings are made in Bristol (England) and then transported later to France.

Furthermore Airbus paid huge bribes in many countries to had their airplanes bought... they have just been slapped a 3.6 billions  fine because of corruption and bribes.

https://www.cityam.com/corruption-campaigners-say-airbus-e3-6bn-fine-may-not-reflect-the-full-wrongdoing-in-bribery-case/

Finally, as I said before, while there were issues for some of the engines in the various airbus models  they were not so big as in the sam146... but that's just because most engines were not french at all or in case of joint development  engines  no french company was responsible for the hot parts of the engines.

.. French managers knew best than buying french engines....

All companies bribe in that business. Lockheed bribed itself

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_bribery_scandals

And corruption is a mayor problem in Russia. Even Putin says that. So to bring up bribes is not an argument.

You know as much as i do, that no russian jet will ever have sucess on western market.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:55 pm

Keep on topic. Airbus does not make jet engines. So it is not any sort of proof of French superiority in anything relevant to
    the issue: the trash produced by the French for the Sukhoi Superjet.

Never trust the French. They will spit in your coffee if you look away from your cup and will always stab you in the back.

Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:28 pm

kvs wrote:Keep on topic.  Airbus does not make jet engines.  So it is not any sort of proof of French superiority in anything relevant to
    the issue:  the trash produced by the French for the Sukhoi Superjet.

Never trust the French.  They will spit in your coffee if you look away from your cup and will always stab you in the back.

You blame France for Sukhois lack of service quality? That Sukhoi js unable to provode service staff at any mayor hub, unable to deliver same service contracts that Airbus and Boeing deliver.

When you buy an Airbus or Boeing you also get massive technical and global service support. With Sukhoi you dont get that. As the mexican airline said, Sukhoi doesnt offer anything like that. There is no 24/7 service aupport.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Aristide wrote:All companies bribe in that business. Lockheed bribed itself

And corruption is a mayor problem in Russia. Even Putin says that. So to bring up bribes is not an argument. 

You know as much as i do, that no russian jet will ever have sucess on western market.

Well if they don't allow fair competition in Europe than it is time to put large import tariffs (e.g. 15%, as trump wants to do for importing Airbus aircrafts in USA) for American and European planes on all the segment where a Russian modern alternative is present, and some tax breaks for airlines buying Russian airplanes...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:54 pm

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    Aristide wrote:All companies bribe in that business. Lockheed bribed itself

Well if they don't allow fair competition in Europe than it is time to put large import tariffs (e.g. 15%, as trump wants to do for importing Airbus aircrafts in USA) for American and European planes on all the segment where a Russian modern alternative is present, and some tax breaks for airlines buying Russian airplanes...

You can do that, thing is that Russia is a very tiny market.

Plus...tax breaks dont change anything when the russian aircraft gets no flying permission in EU and USA or such airlines are snuffed out of the market.

Putin is a realist. He knows that as well. Some minor projects for national ego but huge airbus orders. Russia has no chance in that market globally and the potential investments would never generate the profits.

Aeroflot is state airline, right?

They just ordered over 100 Airbus. Including 22 A 350. That binds them for decades on Airbus plus they already have a huge Airbus fleet. I assume Aeroflot is state controlled, so those orders show where Russia is heading towards.

French politics show that as well. Russia is not our enemy.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python on Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:09 pm

kvs wrote:
    PhSt wrote:
    On Topic,

Bakalchuk is an obvious Ukrainian surname.   WTF is Koryo-saram?  Even if her mother was this obscure minority, it does not make her 100%
    that minority.   And there really is not such thing as a Ukrainian ethnic group.   It is a regional Russian dialect that has been turned into
    an "ethnicity" by foreign meddling explicitly designed to carve up Russia.   That is why this fake nationality has to steal Russian history
    (e.g. they don't recognize Russians as being from Kievan Rus).  

Um

Koryo-sam are Koreans from the ex-USSR basically, and there are a lot of them. Kim Jong Il was born in the USSR.

It's not really a nationality though, but an ethnicity (or really just Korean). Although the Russian word for ethnicity is nationality; so maybe some Russian wrote this article and got lost in translation.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos on Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:29 pm

Actual not. Just like Huawei, it simply gets banned and thus is out of market. Thats Chinas problem. EU and USA stick together in that regard.

Well Huawei is a total success and is better in many point than Samsung or Apple. It is still sold in France and all the world. China can ban Apple and hurt more apple than US are hurting China since lot of chinese buy apple...

China is like 1st or 2nd japanese economical partener ...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:52 pm

Isos wrote:

Well Huawei is a total success and is better in many point than Samsung or Apple. It is still sold in France and all the world. China can ban Apple and hurt more apple than US are hurting China since lot of chinese buy apple...

China is like 1st or 2nd japanese economical partener ...

Our biggest telecommunication company Orange kicked Huawei out. With that, its dead in France

https://telecoms.com/502147/orange-france-just-says-non-to-huawei/

French operator Orange will not have any Huawei kit in its 5G network, following the announcement of Nokia and Ericsson as its chosen vendors.

While this would appear to endorse hardening sentiment against Chinese kit vendors promoted by the US, Orange had indicated it was going to avoid Huawei when it launched its request for proposals last year. ‘…after several months of testing, Orange has chosen Nokia and Ericsson,’ said the announcement, apparently trying to maintain the illusion of choice in the matter.

This sets the tone. France not official banned Huawei, but the national phone company did not chose it. Same can be expected in Germany and all of western europe.

Its a very elegant solution.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:25 am

Eh While Orange is the biggest unless SFR, Bouygues and Free mobile all do the same thing, Huawei is in no real danger in France. Even if only one of them stays with it that's 14ish Million. Now if all three them follow suite then yes Huawei is pretty dead in France.

Orange has what 22M last I heard.

Sure a 6M difference is big but it's not the end big.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:50 pm