Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Which country could buy a carrier from Russia ?

Isos
    Isos

Which country could buy a carrier from Russia ? Empty Which country could buy a carrier from Russia ?

Post  Isos on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Russia is the only country with France that offers carriers for export. Especially the light Shtorm KM.

Who do you think could buy it ?

IMO, Turkey could be very well interested once it got kicked out of Nato. Brazil could also buy one when another president came at power as they are a big country with large EEZ.

I also see india buying one when they find out their own carriers suck like the rest of their domestic programs.

South Korea maight also be interested if China build a couple of carriers and start sailing them around. And they could build them locally as they have much better shipyards.

Last edited by Isos on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hole
    Hole

Which country could buy a carrier from Russia ? Empty Re: Which country could buy a carrier from Russia ?

Post  Hole on Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:47 pm

Don´t want to lecture you but the question should be "which country could buy a carrier from Russia?" Wink

Russia should first built a few carriers for her own navy.

Best option to make money is to deliver parts, electronics and weapons to those friendyl countries who are building carriers themselves, like China and India.
    Isos
    Isos

Which country could buy a carrier from Russia ? Empty Re: Which country could buy a carrier from Russia ?

Post  Isos on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:55 pm

Hole wrote:Don´t want to lecture you but the question should be "which country could buy a carrier from Russia?" Wink

Russia should first built a few carriers for her own navy.

Best option to make money is to deliver parts, electronics and weapons to those friendyl countries who are building carriers themselves, like China and India.

Yeah thanks. I corrected my mistake. In french we say "to" instead of "from" btw that's why I made the mistake.

Russia uses its money on other more important vessels. They don't plan new carrier on the near future and don't want a small one. They clearly said they need something bigger than K.

Or they could let those not so friendly countries fail with their domestic carriers and sell them a russian made. France is already offering one to India if I'm not wrong. At least it is iffered to export with conventional propulsion.

Which country could buy a carrier from Russia ? 2888110

Russian one is smaller and cheaper specially when it comes to the air wing. It won't compete with US or french, but is more than a power boost for any smaller navies to protect their waters.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:01 am

I really like that wide flat top design with the so called multi hull they called a 45 K ton carrier but now seem to refer to it as a 40K ton design now.

But ship sales is all about politics... I mean the US is having a cow about Turkey and China and India all buying S-400s from Russia... imagine the reaction to a country buying a carrier from them...

In fact if it happens a bit further down the line in time and the US has sunk further into madness I could see them inventing some scandal and demanding France refuse to sell carriers to India.

The main sticking point of selling French carriers to India is that they might get away with only charging 8-9 billion for the carrier, but the naval Rafales are going to triple that price easily...

The Mistral scandal is not nothing... everyone buying ships from France will keep it in mind in the future...
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:07 am

US failed with its CAATSA or whatever the name is to forbide to anyone to buy russian stuff.

The Shtorm KM is a very good product for any navy and I don't see Trump trying to stop south korea or India buying a carrier that is supposed to be used against Chinese.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:39 am

US failed with its CAATSA or whatever the name is to forbide to anyone to buy russian stuff.

They certainly have, and their clumsy attempts to use the US dollar as a weapon has also backfired on them and accelerated the move away from US dollars for international contracts...

The Shtorm KM is a very good product for any navy and I don't see Trump trying to stop south korea or India buying a carrier that is supposed to be used against Chinese.

S-400 is also a very good product but Trump wants everyone to use Patriot and THAAD against China... trying and actually stopping are two different things, and trying has its effects on the relationship too.

It specifically states in the law that these measures are supposed to directly hurt Russia and not the countries Russia is trading with as they are potential US customers if the law has its effect of forcing everyone to trade with the US and not Russia... but the US government is as clumsy as an ox...

Mistral was a good product too, there is enormous potential for cooperation between France and Russia but French politicians let America get in the way... a loss for France and Russia, but I am sure Russia is over it now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:02 am