Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

PC technical issues

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

PC technical issues Empty PC technical issues

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Does anyone know how to fix stuttering in games on PC? UBOAT is unplayable because of it, every 2-3 s there is a "freeze" for about 0.5 s. It also happens in FC4 and AC: Oddysey but only in cutscenes.

I have latest AMD dricers, I tried turning off game mode in Win 10 but it did not work.
    kvs
    kvs

PC technical issues Empty Re: PC technical issues

Post  kvs on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Does anyone know how to fix stuttering in games on PC? UBOAT is unplayable because of it, every 2-3 s there is a "freeze" for about 0.5 s. It also happens in FC4 and AC: Oddysey but only in cutscenes.

I have latest AMD dricers, I tried turning off game mode in Win 10 but it did not work.

You are experiencing the worst type of issue. Your newest drivers may be the source of the problem. The latest drivers do not
    ensure best performance. This is partly related to the interaction of the drivers with the OS. Windows updates have and will continue
    to break software. Your options are:

1) Fresh install of the OS and earlier version of the drivers.

2) Install earlier version of the drivers with a proper full uninstall of the version you have now. You need a custom utility to
    do this since windows uninstall will leave files behind.

The above assumes that you are not experiencing video card hardware failure. The stuttering seems to be a texture upload problem where
    it takes too long to periodically transfer textures from disk into video RAM. I am also assuming you had no stuttering issues before
    and your video card is new enough to have sufficient and fast (GDDR5 or later) video RAM to handle these games.

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:07 pm

I have an RX 480 from on a 2016 high-end PC. The stuttering started around April-May 2018 after either Windows or drivers update. I had zero stuttering in Far Cry 4 before that time and ultra smoot framerate on almost highest settings.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:44 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:I have an RX 480 from on a 2016 high-end PC. The stuttering started around April-May 2018 after either Windows or drivers update. I had zero stuttering in Far Cry 4 before that time and ultra smoot framerate on almost highest settings.

Sounds like an OS or driver update specific issue. That narrows it down. Try rolling back the video drivers. Or wait until there is a driver update that may fix
    a problem introduced by the OS update. Check the AMD driver board if people are having similar issues. If they are, then you will likely get a driver fix in
    the near future. If not, then you are going to have to play around with older drivers that may be immune to the OS update issue.

Bloody annoying all of this. M$haft and the various companies that depend on it to reach the mass market consumer treat the consumer like
    sh*t.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:53 am

Could be multitude of things.

What temps is your RX 480 running at? As well, when was last time you updated drivers?

If you need to update drivers, remember to use DDU

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Use monitoring software such as:
    https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

Or

https://www.nzxt.com/camapp

To grab temps.

Also, what is your power supply?

Last but not least on top of my head, is your motherboard running at pci e 16x 3.0? Use gpuZ to check.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:02 am