Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Share
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6364
    Points : 6433
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:06 pm

    Sympathetic article on the Kirovs

    http://nationalinterest.org/feature/why-america-the-world-still-fears-russias-lethal-17055
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6364
    Points : 6433
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:53 am

    Is there any info out there as to whether Peter the Great will be going to Syria as part of a carrier task force?
    GRU
    GRU

    Posts : 7
    Points : 10
    Join date : 2015-11-04

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  GRU on Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:36 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Is there any info out there as to whether Peter the Great will be going to Syria as part of a carrier task force?

    yes 1-2 hours ago left for syria with kuznetsov, going to randevu with kulakov and severamorsk to form a carrier group
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 2724
    Points : 2718
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  Isos on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:05 pm

    GRU wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Is there any info out there as to whether Peter the Great will be going to Syria as part of a carrier task force?

    yes 1-2 hours ago left for syria with kuznetsov, going to randevu with kulakov and severamorsk to form a carrier group

    It's "rendez-vous" Mad
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 898
    Points : 907
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 23
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:19 pm

    Isos wrote:
    GRU wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Is there any info out there as to whether Peter the Great will be going to Syria as part of a carrier task force?

    yes 1-2 hours ago left for syria with kuznetsov, going to randevu with kulakov and severamorsk to form a carrier group

    It's "rendez-vous" Mad
    Seriously? English probably isn't his first language you know...
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 1169
    Points : 1167
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:42 pm

    Isos wrote:
    GRU wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Is there any info out there as to whether Peter the Great will be going to Syria as part of a carrier task force?

    yes 1-2 hours ago left for syria with kuznetsov, going to randevu with kulakov and severamorsk to form a carrier group

    It's "rendez-vous" Mad

    That's actually a real word, he just said.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6364
    Points : 6433
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:31 am

    OminousSpudd wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    GRU wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Is there any info out there as to whether Peter the Great will be going to Syria as part of a carrier task force?

    yes 1-2 hours ago left for syria with kuznetsov, going to randevu with kulakov and severamorsk to form a carrier group

    It's "rendez-vous" Mad
    Seriously? English probably isn't his first language you know...
    I thought it was a French word that we adopted but kept their spelling Very Happy

    Randevu seems to be the Turkish version.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 2724
    Points : 2718
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  Isos on Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:36 am

    JohninMK wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    GRU wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Is there any info out there as to whether Peter the Great will be going to Syria as part of a carrier task force?

    yes 1-2 hours ago left for syria with kuznetsov, going to randevu with kulakov and severamorsk to form a carrier group

    It's "rendez-vous" Mad
    Seriously? English probably isn't his first language you know...
    I thought it was a French word that we adopted but kept their spelling Very Happy

    Randevu seems to be the Turkish version.

    It's a well known french word ^^ But I was jocking with him, I do lot of mistakes too in french and english Razz
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6364
    Points : 6433
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:44 am

    Isos wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    GRU wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Is there any info out there as to whether Peter the Great will be going to Syria as part of a carrier task force?

    yes 1-2 hours ago left for syria with kuznetsov, going to randevu with kulakov and severamorsk to form a carrier group

    It's "rendez-vous" Mad
    Seriously? English probably isn't his first language you know...
    I thought it was a French word that we adopted but kept their spelling Very Happy

    Randevu seems to be the Turkish version.

    It's a well known french word ^^ But I was jocking with him, I do lot of mistakes too in french and english Razz
    Think you meant 'joking' . Just trying to help Very Happy
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 2724
    Points : 2718
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  Isos on Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:27 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    GRU wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Is there any info out there as to whether Peter the Great will be going to Syria as part of a carrier task force?

    yes 1-2 hours ago left for syria with kuznetsov, going to randevu with kulakov and severamorsk to form a carrier group

    It's "rendez-vous" Mad
    Seriously? English probably isn't his first language you know...
    I thought it was a French word that we adopted but kept their spelling Very Happy

    Randevu seems to be the Turkish version.

    It's a well known french word ^^ But I was jocking with him, I do lot of mistakes too in french and english Razz
    Think you meant 'joking' . Just trying to help Very Happy

    ^^ like I said I make lot of mistakes too. lol!
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6364
    Points : 6433
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  JohninMK on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:26 pm

    Good picture of her in the Norwegian Sea, published today in a Norwegian paper. Clearly cruising south at a very leisurely pace. No risks being taken here!!!

    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6364
    Points : 6433
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:33 pm

    A good picture of Peter the Great



    And tracking them nearby HMS Duncan, looking totally different in the new style of ships

    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 2724
    Points : 2718
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  Isos on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:41 am

    JohninMK wrote:A good picture of Peter the Great



    And tracking them nearby HMS Duncan, looking totally different in the new style of ships


    The canon on the Kirov is not in peace time position Very Happy
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6364
    Points : 6433
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Peter the Great

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:52 pm

    Stunning Peter the Great in the North Sea picture from the Dutch Navy

    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 1522
    Points : 1512
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  hoom on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:23 am

    I presume its been posted before but I love this one of PtG going through the Suez canal Smile
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1447
    Points : 1449
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:56 pm

    Nice find! Thats a keeper.... lol!
    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 1522
    Points : 1512
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  hoom on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:48 am

    Here's another

    Something something ship of the desert something Razz
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1719
    Points : 1714
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  AlfaT8 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:05 am

    hoom wrote:Here's another

    Something something ship of the desert something Razz

    Russia, a true land power. Smile Smile
    Militarov
    Militarov

    Posts : 5990
    Points : 6017
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  Militarov on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:57 pm

    Not sure if it was ever posted but ill do it anyways:



    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 1522
    Points : 1512
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  hoom on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:20 am

    Been posted in the K thread but there are some nice pics of PtG from the recent English Channel transit http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2394860.html


    Looking damn fine for being on the way back from a several month deployment I love you
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 12678
    Points : 13161
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  George1 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:53 pm

    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 1522
    Points : 1512
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  hoom on Tue May 02, 2017 9:25 am

    Another PtG doc from the Syria deployment
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 12678
    Points : 13161
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  George1 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:50 am

    The entrance of the heavy nuclear-powered cruiser "Peter the Great" to the Kronstadt raid








    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2750548.html
    avatar
    ozpirate

    Posts : 4
    Points : 4
    Join date : 2013-06-29
    Age : 56
    Location : Australia

    Share pictures

    Post  ozpirate on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:14 am

    If anyone gets some real close up or general pictures please share.

    I'm building a scale radio controlled model at 1/72.

    Post links or picture please.

    Mick
    Tumut
    Australia
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7570
    Points : 7664
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:00 am

    ozpirate wrote:If anyone gets some real close up or general pictures please share.

    I'm building a scale radio controlled model at 1/72.

    Post links or picture please.

    Mick
    Tumut
    Australia


    Try these:

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2750548.html

    Sponsored content

    Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:33 am