Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

[Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

ozpirate

Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

Post  ozpirate on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:20 am

thanks PapaDragon , I already downloaded them. I'm looking for images like this and closer. Maybe even to focus on just one or two radars or guns or bridge images. In other words close enough to almost focus on a face or something like that. I'm not a terrorist just a bloody keen model builder.

A good close up

My Model

Mick
    Tumut
    Australia

chicken

Post  chicken on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:01 am

ozpirate wrote:thanks PapaDragon , I already downloaded them. I'm looking for images like this and closer. Maybe even to focus on just one or two radars or guns or bridge images. In other words close enough to almost focus on a face or something like that. I'm not a terrorist just a bloody keen model builder.

Mick
    Tumut
    Australia

Nice

ozpirate

Post  ozpirate on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:10 am

I wonder if anyone has seen the other model in the picture. Not The Nanuchka 3 (Which is also mine 1/50) the other big model also 1/72.
    The Sovremenny is from a friend of mine also 1/72.

It's Russian and a bit bigger than the Kirov Class in front.
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:52 pm

chicken wrote:
    ozpirate wrote:thanks PapaDragon , I already downloaded them. I'm looking for images like this and closer. Maybe even to focus on just one or two radars or guns or bridge images. In other words close enough to almost focus on a face or something like that. I'm not a terrorist just a bloody keen model builder.

Mick
    Tumut
    Australia

Nice

Agreed. Awesome stuff!
    archangelski

Post  archangelski on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:50 pm

https://topspb.tv/news/2017/07/26/video-petr-velikij-i-dmitrij-donskoj-v-full-hd/

eridan

Post  eridan on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:23 pm

http://imgur.com/hQ7AlIx

Can someone help me with several questions? Image above is of Peter the Great.

Marked with orange circle - on older Kirovs there was a SA-N-4 Osa launcher. Yet on various PtG images (not just this one), it seems that weapon system is not present? Has it been removed? (i also can't find its associated radar sets)

Marked with purple circle is an area which used to house Kinzal radar guidance set. Yet none seems to be present. have frontal kinzal directors been removed?

marked with green are two sensors in the front and one in the back that i'm not sure what they're for. Can someone tell me their purpose? (aft one should be for the main gun?)

Marked with red is kinzhal radar set in the aft, i believe. but why have just one set for so many missiles? why cover just the aft portion of the ship? Does PtG indeed have just a single Kinzal director??

has kinzhal also been renovated on PtG, as was the s300?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:32 pm