Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
Arkanghelsk
Rodion_Romanovic
AMCXXL
Scorpius
owais.usmani
lancelot
Arrow
marcellogo
ALAMO
Navy fanboy
Podlodka77
LMFS
Kiko
chinggis
Sujoy
mnztr
kumbor
Gibraltar
Hole
miroslav
Tsavo Lion
verkhoturye51
The-thing-next-door
Airman
eridan
archangelski
chicken
ozpirate
hoom
Big_Gazza
SeigSoloyvov
OminousSpudd
Isos
GRU
JohninMK
PapaDragon
magnumcromagnon
Backinblack
GunshipDemocracy
AlfaT8
Vann7
collegeboy16
Stealthflanker
Viktor
Kimppis
Naval Fan
kvs
Cyberspec
Firebird
flamming_python
George1
Austin
TR1
runaway
GarryB
IronsightSniper
ekacipta021292
Russian Patriot
Admin
63 posters

[Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

ozpirate

[Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 Empty Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

Post  ozpirate Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:20 am

thanks PapaDragon , I already downloaded them. I'm looking for images like this and closer. Maybe even to focus on just one or two radars or guns or bridge images. In other words close enough to almost focus on a face or something like that. I'm not a terrorist just a bloody keen model builder.
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 0_da297_3f1f21f8_orig

A good close up
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 Good_c10

My Model
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 110
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 210
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 310
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 410
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 510
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 610
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 710
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 810
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 910

Mick
    Tumut
    Australia
    chicken

[Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 Empty Re: [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread:

Post  chicken Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:01 am

ozpirate wrote:thanks PapaDragon , I already downloaded them. I'm looking for images like this and closer. Maybe even to focus on just one or two radars or guns or bridge images. In other words close enough to almost focus on a face or something like that. I'm not a terrorist just a bloody keen model builder.

Mick
    Tumut
    Australia

Nice
    ozpirate

Post  ozpirate Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:10 am

I wonder if anyone has seen the other model in the picture. Not The Nanuchka 3 (Which is also mine 1/50) the other big model also 1/72.
    The Sovremenny is from a friend of mine also 1/72.

It's Russian and a bit bigger than the Kirov Class in front.
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 410
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:52 pm

chicken wrote:
    ozpirate wrote:thanks PapaDragon , I already downloaded them. I'm looking for images like this and closer. Maybe even to focus on just one or two radars or guns or bridge images. In other words close enough to almost focus on a face or something like that. I'm not a terrorist just a bloody keen model builder.

Mick
    Tumut
    Australia

Nice

Agreed. Awesome stuff!
    archangelski
    archangelski

Post  archangelski Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:50 pm

https://topspb.tv/news/2017/07/26/video-petr-velikij-i-dmitrij-donskoj-v-full-hd/
    eridan

Post  eridan Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:23 pm

https://imgur.com/hQ7AlIx

[Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 HQ7AlIx

Can someone help me with several questions? Image above is of Peter the Great.

Marked with orange circle - on older Kirovs there was a SA-N-4 Osa launcher. Yet on various PtG images (not just this one), it seems that weapon system is not present? Has it been removed? (i also can't find its associated radar sets)

Marked with purple circle is an area which used to house Kinzal radar guidance set. Yet none seems to be present. have frontal kinzal directors been removed?

marked with green are two sensors in the front and one in the back that i'm not sure what they're for. Can someone tell me their purpose? (aft one should be for the main gun?)

Marked with red is kinzhal radar set in the aft, i believe. but why have just one set for so many missiles? why cover just the aft portion of the ship? Does PtG indeed have just a single Kinzal director??

has kinzhal also been renovated on PtG, as was the s300?
    hoom

Post  hoom Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Glorious Granit is Glorious
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:13 am

The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:59 pm

hoom wrote:
    Glorious Granit is Glorious

Isn't that the Admiral Nakimov the Pyotr Velikey has above deck launchers and an AK-130 turret on the front?

I remember reading that the Admiral Nakimov (formerly Kallinin) was going to receive vertical launch systems.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:36 pm

The-thing-next-door wrote:........
    Isn't that the Admiral Nakimov the Pyotr Velikey has above deck launchers and an AK-130 turret on the front?

AK-130 is located in the back:
    [Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 11442%2Bpedro%2Bel%2Bgrande%2Bmaqueta%2Baf

The-thing-next-door wrote:...I remember reading that the Admiral Nakimov (formerly Kallinin) was going to receive vertical launch systems.

Correct. Both Nakhimonov and Peter the Great.

10 UKSK vertical launchers with 8 missiles each. 80 total.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Airman wrote:

Interesting since Binkov seems to be hevily biased if faver of nato in his videos I am suprised he even made this.

But seriously I would take a single kashtan over 2 phalanx any day twice the fire rate in a bigger caliber plus 8 short range SAMs how can you possible say its not allot beeter than a phalanx.

And if an aircraft carrier were to try attacking a Russian battlegroup or land facility it would just loose all its overpriced aircraft to Russian SAMs losing thousands of millions of dollars and many pilots a wave aircraft carriers are only good for attacking countries with poor air defence. Missile cruisers/submarines are much better becaus a missile cost alot less than an aircraft with missiles and pilot.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 pm

The-thing-next-door wrote:
    Airman wrote:

Interesting since Binkov seems to be hevily biased if faver of nato in his videos I am suprised he even made this.

But seriously I would take a single kashtan over 2 phalanx any day twice the fire rate in a bigger caliber plus 8 short range SAMs how can you possible say its not allot beeter than a phalanx.

And if an aircraft carrier were to try attacking a Russian battlegroup or land facility it would just loose all its overpriced aircraft to Russian SAMs losing thousands of millions of dollars and many pilots a wave aircraft carriers are only good for attacking countries with poor air defence. Missile cruisers/submarines are much better becaus a missile cost alot less than an aircraft with missiles and pilot.

Well this is the same clown who called the SU-35 mediocre but the Chinese J-15 Competent.

This guy makes some good points but he makes alot of stupid claims also.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm

He also has it set in his mind that all Russian tanks are obsolete and that the altay is in service but the Armata is not in a video withc he said Russia would have a hard time defeating the turks with their m60s and other obsolete equipmeent.

But will the Kirovs be getting Zirkon hypersonic missiles and the new Pantsir naval version anytime soon and is Russia going to build more Missile cruisers or do they just want a large amount of frigates?
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Well some are it depends which tank you are talking about but yes it's wrong to say all russian tanks are past the prime.

No one is sure what the russians are doing there unlikely they will build any new cruisers anytime soon tho. I'd expect more frigates
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:50 pm

RPK-6М Vodopad fired from what appears to be Russian battle-cruiser Pyotr Velikiy

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:04 am

George1 wrote:RPK-6М Vodopad fired from what appears to be Russian battle-cruiser Pyotr Velikiy

Some pics of the Vodopad
    Arrow http://armasrusasb.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/complejos-rpk-6-vodopad-y-rpk-7-veter.html

The Vodopad can be armed with a nuclear depth charge instead of the usual conventional torpedo...

Interestingly, the Iranians have tested their own version from a fast attack boat in 2015

Iran testing made version SS-N-16 Stallion
    http://defence-blog.com/news/iran-testing-made-version-ss-n-16-stallion.html

hoom

Post  hoom Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:19 am

These things are super bizzare.
    Fire from above water torpedo tube into water, pop out of water on booster rocket, supersonic ballistic trajectory then drop a torpedo back into the water.

I wonder if 11356 can use these too?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:28 pm

They were intended to be fired underwater from torpedo tubes.... they just had the capability to be fired from surface ships too.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:34 pm

hoom wrote:These things are super bizzare.
    Fire from above water torpedo tube into water, pop out of water on booster rocket, supersonic ballistic trajectory then drop a torpedo back into the water.

I wonder if 11356 can uspe these too?

There is the same video but with the udaloy II destroyer. Udaloy I don't have this weapon, just the udaloy II.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:55 am

A nice pair of detailed pics of the PtG.

[Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 0_1bdda9_13a658c7_orig

[Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 0_1bddaa_393934e3_orig
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 am

Comparison of the 1144 with WW2 era battleships... Nice graphic! Very Happy

[Official] 'Peter The Great' News Thread: - Page 5 07-5060265-bisjbg1
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:19 am

The flagship of the Northern Fleet, the cruiser Peter the Great, celebrated the 20th anniversary of the rise of flag

http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/5147830
    verkhoturye51
    verkhoturye51

Post  verkhoturye51 Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:00 pm

New presentation of Kirov class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K8BZoGH9-s

After recent rumours, that Liders have been cancelled in favour of Super Gorshkov, it really makes you sorry for not modernisinig the first two ships. Such an CVN killer would be better than several new destroyers and is exactly what Russian huge fleet of expendable Karakurts and Stereguschys needs. Their ocean-going mother, making the green water navy a blue water one. Especially in the times of Russian revival of their network of partners in Africa and ME and establishing new logistics centre in Eritrea. After all, in the event of war, a frigate or destroyer couldn't go there without a proper company, while this is unstoppable.
    hoom

Post  hoom Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:12 am

Kirov had a reactor incident, pretty sure the only reason its kept in one piece is to contain the radiation, its not gonna be refitted.

They thought Nakhimov was in pretty good condition & part of the delays is that they discovered it requires a lot more work than they thought, Lazarev was clearly in much worse condition -> not gonna happen.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:51 am

verkhoturye51 wrote:

After recent rumours, that Liders have been cancelled in favour of Super Gorshkov, it really makes you sorry for not modernisinig the first two ships. Such an CVN killer would be better than several new destroyers

Not true really. Lider would have ~ very close anti ship abilities (64 CLS vs 80) but much better AAD abilities (S-500 + Redut vs Redut) by lower maintenance expenses.   And no, Lider was not cancelled but their are gonna be launched after any of HDs or CVNs. This might be between 2025-2030s..Surely I'd love to see 4 Orlans in service but money supply is limited...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 pm