Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Fighting Corruption in Russia

ZoA

Re: Fighting Corruption in Russia

Post  ZoA on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:00 am

Enera wrote:I'm sorry if I somehow gravedig the thread but I came across two interesting links. Mind that we shouldn't totally dismiss them but view them in close scrutiny. I would like to ask second opinions from the more knowledgeble members of the forum such as Auslander, Austin, GarryB and perhaps even Mindstorm if he isn't too busy. The topic may be controversial but it is a start of a conversation. I'm still digesting the information but my preliminary opinion is that VVP is working the long game and he needed the cooperation of these people at the moment to steer Russia. American sanctions greatly helped VVP effort to curb these oligarchs. Now for the links,

Corruption in Russia as a Business: Putin’s Palace Case Study (PDF, 2012)
    Billion-dollar medical project helped fund “Putin’s palace” on the Black Sea (Reuters, 2014)

FFS when you post some content ad least check the sources. That pdf like is produced by "Institute of Modern Russia". 30 s internet search produces this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Modern_Russia

In another words you linked paper by some bullshit New York outfit founded by the son of notorious Russian oligarch who's father was imprisoned by Russia on various criminal charges. You have to be complete certain to take as objective impartial source. Furthermore paper has no sources listed under references, only random footnotes leading to other largely irrelevant content, so, even if we disregard it's extremely suspect origin, it should be dismissed in account of that alone. 2nd link is just regurgitation of bullshit peddled by original worthless paper.
    auslander

Post  auslander on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Enera wrote:I'm sorry if I somehow gravedig the thread but I came across two interesting links. Mind that we shouldn't totally dismiss them but view them in close scrutiny. I would like to ask second opinions from the more knowledgeble members of the forum such as Auslander, Austin, GarryB and perhaps even Mindstorm if he isn't too busy. The topic may be controversial but it is a start of a conversation. I'm still digesting the information but my preliminary opinion is that VVP is working the long game and he needed the cooperation of these people at the moment to steer Russia. American sanctions greatly helped VVP effort to curb these oligarchs. Now for the links,

Corruption in Russia as a Business: Putin’s Palace Case Study (PDF, 2012)
    Billion-dollar medical project helped fund “Putin’s palace” on the Black Sea (Reuters, 2014)

Your inquiry is suspicious to say the least. You dug up a dead thread started in 2009 to post two questionable source articles, one from 2012 and another from 2014 on the same subject, and want us, and in particular me, to discuss them? When I finished laughing I decided to waste my time and reply to you.

Here's some more reading for you, intro is free. Enjoy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079KRPLS4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0797XJM91 All royalties from sales of this book will be donated to Rahdio Gorka Effort, a local not for profit organization that works with stray dogs and cats. The process is catch, vaccinate, neuter and release.

I'll do to you what I do to all trolls, when I hit 'send' on this reply you go on cosmic ignore.

Enera

Post  Enera on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:23 am

Firstly I would like to apologize if I did mistakenly offend the members of the forum and my post coming from a negative light as I'm not fully aware of the matter or in other words, misinformed. My query was initially prompted from allegations from my American and European colleagues. So I would like to thank for giving me the actual truth over the matter and convey it proper to presumably, badly-informed colleagues of mine. I will carefully vet my sources next time. Embarassed

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:17 pm