Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
mnztr
OminousSpudd
Aristide
Hole
Big_Gazza
Firebird
zorobabel
PhSt
nero
Tingsay
Viktor
magnumcromagnon
ATLASCUB
ultimatewarrior
PapaDragon
Regular
calripson
par far
AlfaT8
GarryB
nomadski
Tsavo Lion
Rodion_Romanovic
auslander
George1
Vann7
medo
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Manov
kvs
SeigSoloyvov
JohninMK
littlerabbit
starman
miketheterrible
Isos
Walther von Oldenburg
jhelb
Hannibal Barca
MiamiMachineShop
yavar
crod
47 posters

US-Iran standoff 2019-

nomadski
    nomadski

US-Iran standoff 2019- - Page 16 Empty Re: US-Iran standoff 2019-

Post  nomadski Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:50 am

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DBnnkcdH5v14&ved=0ahUKEwjLx5_QpY7jAhWuVBUIHVShCMIQ_-MBCNwBMB0&usg=AOvVaw2ypfVKQtH0TmLCz2grcUgC

Some media in Iran report that Tanker attacks and attacks against oil pipe in Saudi and attack against yank interests in Iraq are ALL the work of the Usraelis . Without providing any proof . Although they have a point  that war against Iran by yanks will benefit Usraelis . But again pressure against Saudi  / UAE  will benefit Iran . So who done it ? In my view if Usraelis wanted bad blood and war , and they were bold enough to attack their allies then why not make sure that the attacks resulted  in loss of life ? And why now and not on previous occassions when nuclear deal was  being done , to ruin it . And why or why stop now ?  So Iran must take responsibility for any attacks . And also any liberation forces must take responsibility also . Without doing this , then  putting pressure  has no effect . Even UAE now doubt , who done it . That is why we fight in uniform  .

Next Iranians must abandon JCPOA .  And forget nuclear ambiguity . They must create new conditions on the ground . Build nukes and missiles . Half hearted attempts of stock piling  materials is useless . And anyone in Iran who thinks about further negotiations or going back to JCPOA or nuclear ambiguity  are mad ...mad ...mad ...mad ....mad ....or worse !

Last edited by nomadski on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:46 am

GarryB wrote:Clever, but I am soon to hand my chinese copy of the AKM back to nanny state and know that is a trick question... the AK doesn't have a mag release button, it has a lever in front of the trigger guard behind the mag.

In fact for some time I have lamented the stupid laws regarding large magazines because the new shorter 7 shot magazines makes it much much harder to use.

With a 30 round mag you have a decent sized magazine to grab and hold while you operate the magazine release lever with your thumb... either hand and either thumb will do... but with the small mags there is nothing to grab so you essentially need to hold the rifle between your arm and body and hold the little mag with one hand and with the other move the lever release to free the magazine... pain in the ass.

My experience with real vets... these from WWII BTW, generally they don't like to talk about it because most of the time they lost some very good friends and had to do things they are certainly not proud of. War is hell... have never been and no wish to go and would not wish that on anyone and I am totally disgusted by the leadership of the united states of america and her population and allies that seem so keen to start them.

I guess when you own a lawn mower you want to cut grass...

I am a product of the first world... never been to war and my biggest worry is that I am not allow military style weapons in my private ownership collection.

Yes, it is a trick question and not a one got it correct. I've also been known to ask them how one changes the 30 round mag on an SKS. They got that one wrong, too. Always.

No one talks publicly about what they may or may not have done in wartime, especially in the detail that the fakes pontificate in. My problem is I have visible scars, hence the constant problems of going in to a pub for a quiet brew and getting bullshitted by the local 'hero'.

All 'western' countries are disarming their citizens. It's much more difficult to do in US with the Constitution wording but they are doing everything they can to take all weapons from law abiding citizens. It won't affect me, I sold what I had in '14 when I was back in the States. I had nothing that warranted a permit at the time, but I did have some interesting goodies and in today's times the amount of ammo I had would raise eyebrows. Here, it's not a problem to get an AKM, the permit course is not that difficult, but strictly regulated before, during and after the acquisition. On the other hand, like in US, Oz, EU or anywhere else, if you know the right people you can get anything you want.

Concerning your, and my 'official', rulers, they are mad, purely and simply mad. President Trump has precisely zero power, he was emasculated a month before he took the oath of office. Pence is de facto president and the truly frightening thing is Bolton is unofficial VP. President Putin is doing everything he can to prevent war, but my fear is eventually he will be pushed to a corner. He has made it patently clear that there will be no fighting on Russian soil again. The 'other side', being what they are, don't believe him and feel they will eventually be able to bend him to their way. I say again, they are mad. President Putin will never bend, nor will whoever he chooses to take up the reigns when he 'retires'. You and I know he will never retire, but he will leave office in time. After that, methinks he will be 'the most senior of senior advisers' to the next president.

My father served in the last war, which by the by I simply regard as a continuation of the '14 war, they had to grow another generation of men, and he jumped the night before D Day. I knew he served, I'd seen the medals he kept in his home office desk drawer when I was a child. We never talked about his or my experiences and we actually never got along, we were too much alike. In 2007 I was back in the States to tie up some loose ends and my maid, who of course knew when I was returning, had a surprise guest for me the day after I returned. We both buried the hatchet somewhere besides each other's crotch, and that first evening he wanted to talk. We sat in the park in front of my house and talked from early evening until next dawn. Miss Dora kept us in Weissen and cigars for the duration, she normally left at 18:00. He told me everything, and I mean everything, and after he asked me what I did so I told him all. We both knew we would never be 'friends' but parents and children are never friends, the respect is and must be always there. He told me he had never told anyone what he told me, not even my mother (to be expected, women don't need to know) and I told him the same, I never have and never will tell anyone else what I've done. We never communicated again and he died three months later. I think he wanted to see me and tell all because he knew he was dying.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:47 am

And anyone in Iran who thinks about further negotiations or going back to JCPOA or nuclear ambiguity are mad ...mad ...mad ...mad ....mad ....or worse !

No point in a new agreement if they can just rip up the old one when it suits then any new one could just as easily be ripped up too.

Yes, it is a trick question and not a one got it correct. I've also been known to ask them how one changes the 30 round mag on an SKS. They got that one wrong, too. Always.

Hahaha... a 30 round stripper clip would be an awkward looking thing... I do believe the Chinese did make the SKK which removed the fixed 10 round mag and replaced it with a mag well to take AK mags, but then they have kept that rifle in service and production way after it was sensible to keep making them.... like Tu-16s and An-12s I guess...

The 'other side', being what they are, don't believe him and feel they will eventually be able to bend him to their way.

They believe their own hype and think they will not only survive, but actually win.

The only thing that will win is the earth because like Chernobyl bloomed back to life when humans were removed, the world will do the same, but it will take millions of years for the poisons and pollution we created to be consumed and restored to nature again... if the west had any brains they would be going on a tack of renewables and reuse, and cleaning the place up... the US would be great at that sort of shit and the whole world would benefit and they could honestly be proud of what they are doing... but instead they are just being censored .

President Putin will never bend, nor will whoever he chooses to take up the reigns when he 'retires'. You and I know he will never retire, but he will leave office in time. After that, methinks he will be 'the most senior of senior advisers' to the next president.

That is what I find most amusing... the west thinks Putin is just being awkward, he is just trying to annoy the people of the west and deep down he knows what is best for the US is best for the world... just one more sanction and he will crack... yeah right... all this bullshit is nothing compared with what the Germans tried during WWII and they didn't crack then either.

I am so glad you got the chance to talk with your father. There are so many movies about great war heroes... key people in great battles or great events and so many other things, but so few about the other people involved. What chance did the west have of actually being good when our entertainment was so screwed up... all of the Disney cartoons have the underdog winning every time, and no matter how high the coyote falls from or how big the anvil that lands on his head is, he is always back in the next shot receiving his new kit from Acme to catch the road runner.

WWII was completely avoidable and killed and scarred so many people, and brought out monsters in so many too, yet they repeat the same mistakes to this day.

Great power blocks didn't prevent WWI it created WWI... little countries dragging big ones into conflicts that were none of their business. The punishment of Germany who was no more to blame for WWI than any other country that fought on either side set the stage for WWII. The treatment of the Soviet Union after WWII set the stage for the cold war... which was always a hairs breadth from WWIII... now the EU and US think pressure on China and Russia will get them to conform and instead they are pushing them away... the people in charge are clearly idiots but there is no sensible alternative when it takes a lot of money to get into power and the people with the money don't want change... they made their money in this system... they don't want any fundamental changes to that... the fact that it is killing most of the population means nothing.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:25 pm

GarryB wrote:That is what I find most amusing... the west thinks Putin is just being awkward, he is just trying to annoy the people of the west and deep down he knows what is best for the US is best for the world... just one more sanction and he will crack

The West realizes that they can't win an all out war with Russia. So they are trying to win the war outside the battlefield, through deceit.

The US has a massive economy, almost 10x that of Russia and they are leveraging that against Russia. Have you noticed GarryB the number of Russians who are getting US citizenship? That number has spiked in the last 10 years. The US is giving citizenship to almost every Russian who applies for a US citizenship.

These "newly acquired" Russians are then used by the US to spread social discord across Russia.

Within Russia the US, UK, EU are spending millions of $$ to buy influence. Some important individuals within the Kremlin are now in the payroll of the West.

This is one MASSIVE issue that Russia faces. The West/US can easily outspend Russia in this Cold War 2.0

I don't know how Putin/Russia will address this issue, but I've always felt that Russia needs to grow the size of its economy to at least half the size of the US economy.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:05 pm

Garry,

Yes, they do believe their own hype and that, too, is frightening. I doubt a full nuke war will kill all of us, but just about all of us who are in built up areas will be dead. For 99% of us it won't matter what happens to the environment, we'll be dead, as will be the same percentage of wildlife in general. But, within a decade or so nature will take it's course, wash it's hands of the failed biped experiment and move on. After all, we 'two legs' are but the blink of an eye in the eons of evolution and in a few thousand years just about all trace of us will be gone.

I agree, the thirty round stripper clip for the SKS would be an interesting concept, especially when the bolt was slammed home and the clip ejected the hard way. Eye, face and upper body protection is recommended. About three or so decades ago there were conversion kits to foist a thirty round mag on to the weapon, but the only one I ever saw as some convoluted plastic thing that only fit the company that made it's conversion. I had a Sov SKS but sold it with the rest of the goodies.

The West is in many ways like a spoiled child and when VVP tells them no, in those words or by actions or nuance, they have a tantrum like a four year old of poor parentage. Problem is they are playing with a man and a country that can obliterate them in minutes. Even in the darkest days after the fall of SSSR, the Strategic Rocket Forces and boomers were maintained by some very patriotic and dedicated men, even in the days when there was little or no payment for them. They were always ready to defend The Motherland but 'the west' either don't know that, don't want to know that or don't believe that.

The war that started in 1914 has not ended yet. Vicious and active hostilities were from 1914-1923 and 1937-1954 and since then have calmed down a little in regards to the global shooting war 'ceased' but fighting and the 'cold war' never stopped. Even today, the cold war is still on and the anger and frustration of 'the west' is growing exponentially. On the other hand, we know that the real hands on the buttons know very well that to attack Russia and/or China would be the end, otherwise they would have done it twenty years ago. They didn't so at least someone has some sense.

The talk with my father was of interest. I left home at the age of 18 years and one second, after all, I knew far more of The World than that potbellied old man who raised me and kept me fed. I was gone for over twenty years before I contacted my mother when I was back in the States and told her I was still alive. She contacted him and told him just that, I was alive. As we talked I understood he was as much a 'hero' as anyone and had the scars to prove it, but like 99.999% of soldiers, he did what he had to do, survived despite the massive casualties his division took on D Day and Bastogne and fought to the very end. He lost the sight of one eye the last week of the war. I have his Silver Star, Purple Heart, Bronze Star, two European campaign medals and his jump wings plus one photo of him in early '44 whilst in England. My brother contacted me months after he died to tell me and asked if I wanted his medals. If not, he said he would toss them in the trash.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:38 pm

Ok let me segue in here for a moment with my 2 cents.
    The U.S by all indications is already in a State of decline, recent news from the FED about lowering interest rates indicates that financial turmoil is coming.

And looking at the Demographic situation within the States in combination with the worsening political divide, clearly indicates that in the near future the political turmoil in the U.S will become very chaotic to say the least.
    Not just on the streets, but also within Washington itself.
    The European powers will also be going through a similar situation, especially Britain.

Looking at this, it starts to make sense that the U.S would become more and more aggressive towards any likely competitors.
    IMO, this is nothing more than a desperate last effort by the waning power to somehow take all it's competitors down with him, in some sad hope that they will somehow be able to restore themselves before their competitors do.

Overall, from what i can see, the key to Russia and China's victory would be to maintain internal/social stability and continue to develop their own financial/Banking systems (SWIFT alternatives), while simply waiting for the West to collapse within themselves.

Granted, situations like that of Iran and Syria would mean that some expeditionary forces will need to be used.
    Although, India's maneuvers (if true) are gonna make things tricky.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:36 pm

As I was saying: US allowes the use of low-power nuclear weapons against Iran
    https://regnum.ru/news/polit/2656859.html

Unless Russia opens its "nuclear umbrella" over entire Iran & declares it, we r living in a pre Gulf War III time.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:23 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:As I was saying: US allowes the use of low-power nuclear weapons against Iran

Unless Russia opens its "nuclear umbrella" over entire Iran & declares it, we r living in a pre Gulf War III time.

Nukes?
    So close to Russia?
    Yea no, it's not gonna happen.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:34 am

Has nothing to do about bullying, the straight has too much traffic going in and out daily for any training exercises to be held.

Any delays to this traffic will case millions of dollars a day, you think China is going to stand for Iran costing them money?. Lol no, China only cares about one thing. It's piggy bank and if Iran messes with that. China will respond, the EU will not stand for it.

You cannot just block a major traffic lane for any excuse.

You should be smart enough to realize a UAV. Isn't a ship with lives on it, I shouldn't have to explain the difference to you Garry with this. I REALLY SHOULDN'T.

I could give a rats ass they shot down a UAV.

I don't mind you talking to me but I do mind when you try and put narratives in place that aren't based on anything but fantasy. I am not going sit here and pretend you are right when you are wrong.

Not sure what communism has to do with this.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:38 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:As I was saying: US allowes the use of low-power nuclear weapons against Iran

This is standard Trump talk make big threats and just that threats.

We aren't going to drop Nukes on Iran unless they do something really bad to make us.

I am against the release of any Nuclear weapons.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:12 am

The US has a massive economy, almost 10x that of Russia and they are leveraging that against Russia.

They do, but if everyone in the US was benefiting then perhaps Trump would never have been elected. All the number tricks they use to hide the real facts can work on you or I, but someone who lives there might not believe that when they work three jobs that that counts as three people with three full time jobs...

Have you noticed GarryB the number of Russians who are getting US citizenship? That number has spiked in the last 10 years. The US is giving citizenship to almost every Russian who applies for a US citizenship.

Everyone wants the best for their kids and to live a nice comfortable live... the number spiking is no surprise when you admit the US is giving away citizenship.

Ask Maria Butina about her stay there... was it everything she thought it would be?

Sure others will arrive to a nice place and get a good job and think it is wonderful, but there will be just as many who have a terrible time and just don't fit in and want to leave.

I know a few Americans here in NZ who came here when Bush was in charge because they didn't like the way things were headed, and they are still here too.

Migration is normal and not really a good indicator of anything.

These "newly acquired" Russians are then used by the US to spread social discord across Russia.

Well such things could be described as the US pushing Russia to do better for its people. Russia needs to decide what it wants as a country and work towards that and ignore pressure from the west regarding what they should do or the way they should think.

Just the other day I was watching Russia today rip in to the Pope for some release about gay people and transgender people... which was ironic because they said they didn't believe in more than two genders, but that all people should be respected, and the journalist doing the story turned it into homophobia and hatred and all this crap.

Even here in New Zealand with that Aussie footballer releasing a list of people who will go to hell... it included gay people but also included liars and thieves and athiests, but the media and all the public attention is about it being homophobic.

The transgender and pervert brigade are now as powerful as the Jews... no criticism or denial allowed...

Within Russia the US, UK, EU are spending millions of $$ to buy influence. Some important individuals within the Kremlin are now in the payroll of the West.

Well income for Russian officials should be monitored and tracked and regulated and any attempts to manipulate should be dealt with harshly... ie an EU country tries to influence Russian elections or judicial process and that EU country will find any agreements and contracts and economic ties becomes at risk.

This is one MASSIVE issue that Russia faces. The West/US can easily outspend Russia in this Cold War 2.0

So you aren't going to win by outspending. Track the money and seize it as an illegal bribe... create a resource using those funds for something that benefits all Russians... make examples of those caught... public humiliation and then ban them from any public office positions ever in Russia.

Make it clear from the outset and have an amnesty so those that have transgressed in the past can start afresh, but come down hard on those caught and seize a penalty from their own personal wealth to compensate those they have wronged and look at any changes they have helped make and decide whether their decisions need to be reversed.

I mean no to GMO has paid dividends with food exports earning money now... at the time it would have been easy to give in and say yes because you don't export much food anyway so it wont matter... but it does.

I don't know how Putin/Russia will address this issue, but I've always felt that Russia needs to grow the size of its economy to at least half the size of the US economy.

Yeah, I would not be focussed too much on the size of the economy... I get the feeling that more than 70% of the US economy is smoke and mirrors and makes nothing and does nothing but earn money for a few people who already have too much.

Auslander

Yeah, killing people is like killing rabbits... it is easy to kill them in large numbers over and over but it only take a few to survive and when you stop dealing with the problem the numbers come back again.

Even if all the people in cities are not killed they are in serious trouble because a city is not a natural habitat for anything... it would be like a forest full of lions they would have to turn on each other or starve... and the reality would be a bit of both and it would be brutal.

Out in the rural areas things wont be hugely better because the transport infrastructure will be gone as will be the global market... survivors from urban areas will likely migrate to the rural areas and likely fight for food... but the rural people they kill to take farmland from are the people who grow the food... it wont be pretty.

I did see one conversion kit for an SKS for 30 rounds but it was just an extended 30 round fixed hinged system that you filled with stripper clips.

The stripper clips on my old SKS didn't go into the gun, you positioned in on the clip guide on the front of the bolt carrier and with your thumb slid the ten round into the internal mag and then I lifted out the clip and pulled back on the cocking handle to load the first round.

It was a Chinese copy of an SKS though with the spike bayonet...

Problem is they are playing with a man and a country that can obliterate them in minutes.

We are lucky that man is smart enough to know that if it comes to that we all lose so it is really only an option for them if they see no other more positive choice... right now the west isn't giving them any, but every few years they change the people in charge. Of course the big problem there is that it seems to be the people in the background running the show and they seem dead set on this course no matter who is holding the wheel.

The war that started in 1914 has not ended yet. Vicious and active hostilities were from 1914-1923 and 1937-1954 and since then have calmed down a little in regards to the global shooting war 'ceased' but fighting and the 'cold war' never stopped. Even today, the cold war is still on and the anger and frustration of 'the west' is growing exponentially. On the other hand, we know that the real hands on the buttons know very well that to attack Russia and/or China would be the end, otherwise they would have done it twenty years ago. They didn't so at least someone has some sense.

The sad thing is that it is clear from this history it is possible to change sides... even for countries that have committed the most horrendous crimes like Germany and Japan.

Kissenger had the brilliant idea of befriending the Chinese and using them against the Soviets because the Soviets were seen as the biggest threat.

It is so sad that he didn't realise that if he could snuggle up to communist China to achieve his goals against the communist Soviet Union, then WTF didn't he just snuggle up to the communist Soviet Union AND communist China and there would be no fucking problem.

But politicians need problems... something to rally everyone against on both sides of the political spectrum.

The talk with my father was of interest. I left home at the age of 18 years and one second, after all, I knew far more of The World than that potbellied old man who raised me and kept me fed. I was gone for over twenty years before I contacted my mother when I was back in the States and told her I was still alive. She contacted him and told him just that, I was alive. As we talked I understood he was as much a 'hero' as anyone and had the scars to prove it, but like 99.999% of soldiers, he did what he had to do, survived despite the massive casualties his division took on D Day and Bastogne and fought to the very end. He lost the sight of one eye the last week of the war. I have his Silver Star, Purple Heart, Bronze Star, two European campaign medals and his jump wings plus one photo of him in early '44 whilst in England. My brother contacted me months after he died to tell me and asked if I wanted his medals. If not, he said he would toss them in the trash.

I would like to apologise sincerely regarding any comments I might have made belittling the efforts of the men and women in western europe, I can only say it was in response to those who did the same to Soviet efforts in the same conflict, which is wrong, but I said it to annoy people who had nothing to do with the events claiming moral superiority simply because other people did what had to be done on their behalf.

I would also say that while I have disrespected these people, the people I responded to disrespected them more, but the winners are generally the governments who do everything they can to get volunteers for wars and rush to any war going, but turn a blind eye to the damaged souls created by the bloody mince machine that is war.

The U.S by all indications is already in a State of decline, recent news from the FED about lowering interest rates indicates that financial turmoil is coming.

Nothing more dangerous than a cornered wounded animal.

Overall, from what i can see, the key to Russia and China's victory would be to maintain internal/social stability and continue to develop their own financial/Banking systems (SWIFT alternatives), while simply waiting for the West to collapse within themselves.

Not just that... they need to establish and grow ties with countries outside the west... they might be poor weak countries but solid and positive trade ties can lead them to grow and develop into stronger countries... something the west was afraid of and tried to stop and stymie. Lots of Asian powerhouses today were created accidentaly by the west who wanted cheap labour to make their consumer stuff, but that country has been sensible and used the investment and production to boost education and living standards and have grown despite western efforts... when the wages rise they move on to the next poor country. Some countries flourish and others grow to a point and then stagnate it depends on the leadership... Malaysia and Singapore are good examples.

Granted, situations like that of Iran and Syria would mean that some expeditionary forces will need to be used.
    Although, India's maneuvers (if true) are gonna make things tricky.

I don't think India will comply with what America is demanding... they are still buying S-400 and are still imposing return sanctions on the US...

Has nothing to do about bullying, the straight has too much traffic going in and out daily for any training exercises to be held.

They are not doing it for fun.

They could probably close an area that forces shipping closer to their land based forces... then expand the exercise area.

If the US attacks Iran they will close off the waterway anyway... without the need to claim it is an exercise.

Any delays to this traffic will case millions of dollars a day, you think China is going to stand for Iran costing them money?

Burning oil tankers create bigger costs.

What is China going to do?

China will respond, the EU will not stand for it.

Who cares about the EU? They had a chance to keep the deal and they had no spine...

You cannot just block a major traffic lane for any excuse.

I am not suggesting they will block it for fun or because it is Wednesday.

You should be smart enough to realize a UAV. Isn't a ship with lives on it, I shouldn't have to explain the difference to you Garry with this. I REALLY SHOULDN'T.

An Aircraft carrier is a tool of war that uses force to ensure they get their way... as a tool of war it is expendable and losses should be expected.

The US wants to invade the country and topple the government and put a puppet regime in its place that will conform to US wants and needs instead of Iranian wants and needs... they want the same in Syria and Venezuela and North Korea right now... they have actually done such a thing in the past in Iran.

Sinking a US carrier is the least the Iranians can do to say no.

Not sure what communism has to do with this.

Sorry, I am a product of the cold war... communism was the excuse for every violence from the west... now it should be terrorism I think...

This is standard Trump talk make big threats and just that threats.

We aren't going to drop Nukes on Iran unless they do something really bad to make us.

I am against the release of any Nuclear weapons.

Yeah, the problem with threats is that they escalate things... yell at someone that you are going to kill them if they don't do what you tell them... don't complain if they pull a gun and shoot you dead... or sink one of your ships...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:52 am

AlfaT8 wrote:

Nukes? So close to Russia? Yea no, it's not gonna happen.
    They border with her only across the Caspian Sea. The US was ready to nuke next door Iraq in 1991 had Saddam used chemical/bio. weapons.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Post  jhelb Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:04 am

GarryB wrote:Well income for Russian officials should be monitored and tracked and regulated and any attempts to manipulate should be dealt with harshly... ie an EU country tries to influence Russian elections or judicial process and that EU country will find any agreements and contracts and economic ties becomes at risk.

Most of these people in the Kremlin have offshore bank accounts. So it's not possible for Russian authorities to monitor, crack down on these transactions. Those countries like Switzerland, Singapore, UK, Cayman Islands will not co-operate.

There are oligarchs close to Putin who are also corrupt and have families, businesses in the West. They also pay handsomely to Putin's party. So Putin needs them.

So if Putin begins a crackdown on politicians within Russian the West will target these Russian oligarchs.

GarryB wrote:Make it clear from the outset and have an amnesty so those that have transgressed in the past can start afresh, but come down hard on those caught and seize a penalty from their own personal wealth to compensate those they have wronged and look at any changes they have helped make and decide whether their decisions need to be reversed.

Human interactions, in their primeval barebone essence, is an interplay of two eternal beasts: (1) Everything else being equal, the dirtiest player always wins; and (2) Most sustainable pattern of interplay in a group of people is that the selfish majority does whatever it wants with the weaker minority. Each of us, sandwiched by these two nasty, bloody-minded, hungry forces needs to navigate between them, escaping, joining, switching allegiances as the situation dictates.

If you had been here in Russia you would have realized what I'm talking about.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Post  jhelb Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:13 am

AlfaT8 wrote:Although, India's maneuvers (if true) are gonna make things tricky.

Currently they are escorting Indian merchant ships in the Straits of Hormuz. But what difference it makes. India is a dirt poor country. Can barely afford to feed its people. How long do you think they can afford to manoeuvre in that area ?

The problem with corrupt, third world states like India is that the US can easily buy influence in those countries & then use it against Russia. The son of the National Security Advisor of India is a billionaire who lives in the US & does business with the Saudis.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:11 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:They border with her only across the Caspian Sea. The US was ready to nuke next door Iraq in 1991 had Saddam used chemical/bio. weapons.

Say what??
    Nuke Iraq?.. dude they pulled out just because of that "Highway of Death" incident, any talk about nukes was just that, Talk.
    Besides, there's a big difference between the collapsing Soviet Russia and the Current Russia.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:28 pm

jhelb wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:Although, India's maneuvers (if true) are gonna make things tricky.

The problem with corrupt, third world states like India is that the US can easily buy influence in those countries & then use it against Russia. The son of the National Security Advisor of India is a billionaire who lives in the US & does business with the Saudis.

What a terrible situation.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:01 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:Say what??
    Nuke Iraq?.. dude they pulled out just because of that "Highway of Death" incident, any talk about nukes was just that, Talk.
    Besides, there's a big difference between the collapsing Soviet Russia and the Current Russia.
    U better believe it! There were 2 SSBNs in the Med./Arabian Sea &/ the Indian Ocean assigned to CENTCOM for that task, just in case. Also nukes storage sites were built in Saudi Arabia. All part of "overwhelming force".
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:36 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:Say what??
    U better believe it! There were 2 SSBNs in the Med./Arabian Sea &/ the Indian Ocean assigned to CENTCOM for that task, just in case. Also nukes storage sites were built in Saudi Arabia. All part of "overwhelming force".

Dang, very overkill then, the States really overestimated Iraqi capabilities at the time.
    Still ain't gonna happen in Iran though.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:52 pm

If they didn't have scruples nuking 2 Japanese cities, why should they hold back nuking sites in the desert/mountains on the other side of the globe? They've done tests in their own Nevada desert.
    http://www.atomicheritage.org/location/nevada-test-site
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_Test_Site

The people in Utah get cancers to this day- doctors, hospitals, drug makers & funeral homes make a good living off it!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._George,_Utah#Nuclear_contamination
    https://www.commondreams.org/views01/0105-06.htm

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/us-air-force-stealth-f-22-raptors-are-now-position-attack-iran-64981

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2019/06/30/europe-circumvents-u-s-sanctions-on-iran/#3c9e5dcb2c8d

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:30 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:If they didn't have scruples nuking Japanese cities twice, why should they hold back nuking sites in the desert/mountains on the other side of the globe? They done tests in their own Nevada desert. The Mormons in Utah get cancers to this day- doctors, hospitals, drug makers & funeral homes make a good living off it!

Good to hear about Mormons. They are terrible people and if there is a god out there then it's his gift to his chosen people.
    Now there are other (((chosen))) people who all deserve cancer, but let's leave that sweet cake in the future.

USA will not use nuclear weapons on Iran due to PR fallout and this would be counterproductive for regime change war. I expect ballistic missile showers and nothing more.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:38 am

The window of opportunity is closing- they can't do it to NK & China w/o them retaliating with ICBMs, but still can to Iran.
    Nukes is the last ace the US have- use it or lose it!

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:47 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:The window of opportunity is closing- they can't do it w/o them retaliating with ICBMs to NK & China, but can to Iran.
    Nukes is the last ace the US have- use it or lose it!

Window of opportunity was never open. US is no longer behemoth of power like it was in a wake of Iraq and Afganistan. Their legs are too weak to carry another war luggage.

I personally would love to see US to be wiped with a nuclear stick through the face or set 50 years in a past with a nuclear exchange that would kill their grid. NK and China can die in exchange and not a single russian would shed a tear for these losses.

It would be about time Alaska would get Crimea threatmen and China and NK would be cleaned out of yellow fewer.
    Let the Mexicans have what's left of US.

Vacuum of power would be filled overnight and life would continue.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:31 am

Some radioactive particles will stay in the ground for 100s of years. But even if true, u should add Iran's own NPP & enriched uraniaum stockpile. But then, if it's so safe, the US will have less to worry about & will surely nuke those Iran sites. Either way, they r leaving Afghanistan, unwelcome in Iraq & don't need to be in any meaningful #s in Iran.
    yavar

Post  yavar Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:03 am

Iran 3.67% enriched uranium stocks exceed 300kg of JCPOA ( Iran nuclear deal )

Iran’s enriched uranium stockpile has passed the 300-kilogram limit under its nuclear deal, an unnamed source familiar with the matter told Fars on Monday.
    https://en.mehrnews.com/news/147082/Iran-s-enriched-uranium-stockpile-exceeds-300-kg-source

ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

Post  ultimatewarrior Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:41 am

yavar wrote:

Iran 3.67% enriched uranium stocks exceed 300kg of JCPOA ( Iran nuclear deal )

Iran’s enriched uranium stockpile has passed the 300-kilogram limit under its nuclear deal, an unnamed source familiar with the matter told Fars on Monday.
    https://en.mehrnews.com/news/147082/Iran-s-enriched-uranium-stockpile-exceeds-300-kg-source

It took Manhattan project to make nuke. Iran don't have that capability. No matter what they enrich.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 am