Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Forum URL changing in 29 days

    Share
    Vladimir79
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2566
    Points : 3446
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Forum URL changing in 29 days

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sun 24 Feb 2019, 21:21

    The web host has increased the prices for custom domains so I will no longer be maintaining russiadefence.net.  It will revert back to russiadefence.englishboard.net.  Nothing else should change.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 12831
    Points : 13318
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Forum URL changing in 29 days

    Post  George1 on Sun 24 Feb 2019, 22:16

    Vladimir79 wrote:The web host has increased the prices for custom domains so I will no longer be maintaining russiadefence.net.  It will revert back to russiadefence.englishboard.net.  Nothing else should change.

    how much is the price for whole year?
    Vladimir79
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2566
    Points : 3446
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Forum URL changing in 29 days

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sun 24 Feb 2019, 23:18

    George1 wrote:
    how much is the price for whole year?

    They have gone from a flat rate for the domain to only offering it at a higher package.  It would quadruple what I have paid in the past.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3224
    Points : 3206
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Forum URL changing in 29 days

    Post  miketheterrible on Mon 25 Feb 2019, 00:06

    You can redirect to something else like .cc or whichever
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 2875
    Points : 2871
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Forum URL changing in 29 days

    Post  Isos on Tue 26 Feb 2019, 22:55

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    George1 wrote:
    how much is the price for whole year?

    They have gone from a flat rate for the domain to only offering it at a higher package.  It would quadruple what I have paid in the past.

    What will be the new URL ?


    Why don't you allow adds in your forum ? We will open them so that you can use the money to pay for the forum.
    dino00
    dino00

    Posts : 632
    Points : 677
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Location : portugal

    Re: Forum URL changing in 29 days

    Post  dino00 on Tue 26 Feb 2019, 23:18

    Isos wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:
    George1 wrote:
    how much is the price for whole year?

    They have gone from a flat rate for the domain to only offering it at a higher package.  It would quadruple what I have paid in the past.

    What will be the new URL ?


    Why don't you allow adds in your forum ? We will open them so that you can use the money to pay for the forum.

    They are ads in the forum...
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 2875
    Points : 2871
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Forum URL changing in 29 days

    Post  Isos on Tue 26 Feb 2019, 23:42

    dino00 wrote:

    They are ads in the forum...

    You are right, the one between the header and the forum section. I never pay attention to this one. Sometime i see adds like if someone posteda new message in a thread. But not a lot.

    Maybe that because I use the web version on my phone.
    Vladimir79
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2566
    Points : 3446
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Forum URL changing in 29 days

    Post  Vladimir79 on Wed 27 Feb 2019, 00:19

    Isos wrote:
    What will be the new URL ?


    Why don't you allow adds in your forum ? We will open them so that you can use the money to pay for the forum.

    russiadefence.englishboard.net

    I have never monetized the forum.  Any ads you see are from the web host.  They had the option in the past that you could buy a domain from godaddy for a flat rate, now you can only do that if you buy a package which I am not doing.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Forum URL changing in 29 days

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 21 Mar 2019, 01:36