Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

Aristide
    Aristide

Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 15 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

Post  Aristide on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 am

GarryB wrote:Perhaps they will flatten it completely and put something modern up... all glass and concrete... and no soul... that would better reflect the EU and western civilisation... and for more realism they could make poor people in Africa pay for it...

What? No. Its rebuild like it was. The building is intact and only roof must be made new. We were lucky.

Also there are almost 1 billion € send for it.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 15 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

Post  flamming_python on Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:17 am

It doesn't look too bad.
    All the stone, foundations, stained-glass windows - all intact. Main structure is intact too. So too I heard most of the valuable stuff in there was saved too.

The roof and beams and so on are all destroyed - they aren't the same ones as they were in the 11th century anyway or when was the cathedral built. I doubt the wooden furniture was the same either; wood doesn't tend to last that long especially with the treatment and techniques used 1000 years ago.

No biggie, it'll be rebuilt. And in a couple of decades people won't even pay attention to the fact that a fire once destroyed it.

One of the main cathedrals in Moscow was razed to the ground following the Russian revolution (and it was far from the only one); the Cathedral of Christ the Savior. It hasn't the history of Notre Dame, it was only built in the 19th century to commemorate the defeat of Napoleon. However still, it was the tallest Orthodox Cathedral in the world, and a massive project in its own time; taking decades to build.
    Stalin wanted to build a massive monument or skyscraper there, but WW2 cut the plans short. Then under Khruschev a giant outdoor swimming pool was built instead. When the USSR was collapsed the cathedral was built from scratch. It's a recreation, not the original, and has some changes - as are many monuments, landmarks and buildings in Russia - but people pay it no mind, far as they're concerned it's the same building.

Personally I liked the idea of the swimming pool though. But I guess history is history, and should be preserved.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:43 am

You know the hilarious part of the joke... it was this very thread that Aristide said he didn't give a shit about the Một Cột pagoda, which is actually a few years older than this piece of crap in France... so we are supposed to care about one but not the other?

In fact you actual words were:

What if i tell you, that nobody in France knows this Pagoda? We obviously destroyed something nobody gives a shit about.

I hear those name for first time.

Well to be honest I had heard of the hunchback of notre dame but I thought he was American... I didn't watch the disney movie... just another old fairy tale westernised and PCed.

Life in the west wont end if it burned to the ground... it is not important.

I rather suspect in that area of France they could probably do with a new carpark building for all your flash expensive cars...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:49 am

Well to be honest I had heard of the hunchback of notre dame but I thought he was American... I didn't watch the disney movie...
    I saw a feature film years ago, not bad!
    The Chinese lost the Old Summer Palace to French & British; now some netizens in China can't hide their joy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Summer_Palace
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:53 pm

GarryB wrote:You know the hilarious part of the joke... it was this very thread that Aristide said he didn't give a shit about the Một Cột pagoda, which is actually a few years older than this piece of crap in France... so we are supposed to care about one but not the other?

In fact you actual words were:

What if i tell you, that nobody in France knows this Pagoda? We obviously destroyed something nobody gives a shit about.

I hear those name for first time.

Well to be honest I had heard of the hunchback of notre dame but I thought he was American... I didn't watch the disney movie... just another old fairy tale westernised and PCed.

Life in the west wont end if it burned to the ground... it is not important.

I rather suspect in that area of France they could probably do with a new carpark building for all your flash expensive cars...

Well good then, that Notre Dame was saved and only needs a new roof.

And people spend 1 billion € within 2 days for this.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:22 am

But I am sure after seeing how upset everyone in France got regarding this accident all those muslims and poor black people from Africa that French people despise so much might think a proper attack on that church might be a way of getting your attention for a change... or just piss you off a bit...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:03 am

It's not over yet: https://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=3140900
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:40 pm

GarryB wrote:But I am sure after seeing how upset everyone in France got regarding this accident all those muslims and poor black people from Africa that French people despise so much might think a proper attack on that church might be a way of getting your attention for a change... or just piss you off a bit...

Sometimes its better not to get our attention.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:49 pm

Ur selective attention & memory is what will doom u as a nation.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:46 am

Indeed, a monster demands respect... but the problem for the monster is that when they can people usually try to get rid of monsters or limit their ability to affect their normal lives... they don't invite them around for tea and biscuits...

In a multi polar world your deceit and behaviour will lead to you being treated like you treat others... used against others as a weapon, but not trusted... enjoy the voyage...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:39 pm

GarryB wrote:

Indeed, a monster demands respect... but the problem for the monster is that when they can people usually try to get rid of monsters or limit their ability to affect their normal lives... they don't invite them around for tea and biscuits...

In a multi polar world your deceit and behaviour will lead to you being treated like you treat others... used against others as a weapon, but not trusted... enjoy the voyage...

France exists in a multipolar world since roughly 1500 years and so far our voyage was a great one.

We never trusted any other nations and we never demanded trust from others. We are honored for our style and culture. For those we see as equals, we are honored and those below us fear us.

Have you never asked yourself, why our former colonies stick to us no matter what we do? We rule through fear and in subtile ways.

Just look what we did to Muammar and even worse what we started in Rwanda in 1994.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:29 am

We are honored for our style and culture. ..
    We rule through fear and in subtle ways.
    Those who rule through fear don't deserve to be honored, no matter their self-proclaimed & accepted (by others) cultural achievements. There is nothing subtle in the French ways- a golden cage is still a cage, & those u control will 1 day break free. It's better to die standing than to live on 1s knees.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:37 am

They will pick style and culture to flatter you, but to your back you are just cheese eating surrender monkeys.

The butler will tell the guest how wonderful his master is... when the master can hear... when he is not there who knows what he will say.

I guess when you despise everyone who is not you or your kind it does not really matter what they think or say.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:00 pm

GarryB wrote:They will pick style and culture to flatter you, but to your back you are just cheese eating surrender monkeys.

The butler will tell the guest how wonderful his master is... when the master can hear... when he is not there who knows what he will say.

I guess when you despise everyone who is not you or your kind it does not really matter what they think or say.

Right, you answered your own argument. When you look down on evryone, you dont care what they think about you.

Do you think we cared what Libyans think, when our agent gave Kadhafi a headshot?

You know, when i fly La Réunion, you fly over alot of african countries who were our former colonies. Its mostly night flights, so you cross vast dark areas.

Thats what they are. Dark masses, used as tools and thrown away when not needed anymore.

They know it. We know it.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:16 pm

That won't last for much longer. Africans & Arabs will change France from within & then they won't care what the native French think about them.
    Italy just joined the Chinese led BRI & France will be economically marginalized if she doesn't follow suit.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/26/asia/belt-and-road-summit-beijing-intl/index.html

The alternative is to remain being the American vassal state with all that it entails. Sitting on 2 chairs isn't a viable option either.

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:05 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:That won't last for much longer. Africans & Arabs will change France from within & then they won't care what the native French think about them.
    Italy just joined the Chinese led BRI & France will be economically marginalized if she doesn't follow suit.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/26/asia/belt-and-road-summit-beijing-intl/index.html

The alternative is to remain being the American vassal state with all that it entails. Sitting on 2 chairs isn't a viable option either.

The fun fact is, that africans and arabs bron in France turn out to be even more ruthless in crushing their former home areas.

Its their biggest goal to become french and be better. Its a funny thing that they act like that though.

Your argument regarding Italy is amusing. They take what they can get. Italy being Italy. They steal from the pancake faces and move on.

You should study european history more amigo. France never joins one side. We stand only for ourself.

But hey, maybe the italians send teh pancakes some soap, so tehy learn basic hygiene.

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 pm

They take what they can get. Italy being Italy. They steal from the pancake faces and move on.
    China won't let them to benefit more than them, so it's mutual win-win. The Roman Empire won't rise again- they sided with the Axis & switched to the allies, like Finland, Bulgaria & Thailand.
    You should study european history more amigo. France never joins one side. We stand only for ourself.
    No shit! U sided with Scotland against England, with the 13 colonies against the GB, then u sold them Louisiana which made then an empire, sided with the GB in the Crimean & Opium Wars (then also with Russia, US & Germany), helped the Nazis while other French fought them, sided with the US in SE Asia after losing Vietnam, again with the GB + Israel against Egypt; with the US, GB, etc. against Serbia, Iraq, Syria, & Libya.
    Even if u know history as well or better than I do (although it doesn't show), the problem is that u interpret it wrong.

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:20 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    They take what they can get. Italy being Italy. They steal from the pancake faces and move on.
    China won't let them to benefit more than them, so it's mutual win-win. The Roman Empire won't rise again- they sided with the Axis & switched to the allies, like Finland, Bulgaria & Thailand.
    No shit! U sided with Scotland against England, with the 13 colonies against the GB, then u sold them Louisiana which made then an empire, sided with the GB in the Crimean & Opium Wars (then also with Russia, US & Germany), helped the Nazis while other French fought them, sided with the US in SE Asia after losing Vietnam, again with the GB + Israel against Egypt; with the US, GB, etc. against Iraq, Syria, & Libya.
    Even if u know history as well or better than I do (although it doesn't show), the problem is that u interpret it wrong.

You are an old men. Old and soon cold. How you interpret things is rather unimportant.

What matters is that France stays on top. And we do so since last 800 years quite well. We adapt quickly to changing things.

Something that the pancake faces are obviously not able to do. Look at their investments in Africa. We let them invest and then take what we want.

I see all non europeans as cattle wihich only exists to serve us. Thats my personal point of view and so far i was right regarding that.

Your love for those is funny but unneeded. But i guess its like those people who love horses and dogs.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:32 pm

You are an old men. Old and soon cold. ..What matters is that France stays on top. And we do so since last 800 years quite well. We adapt quickly to changing things.
    Something that the pancake faces are obviously not able to do. Look at their investments in Africa. We let them invest and then take what we want.
    I may outlive u. Young men with high ego/self-esteem often die prematurely. France isn't on top- China is the 2nd largest economy, Japan is the 3rd; France is the 7th, behind India where u had colonies, & ahead of Brazil, a former Portuguese colony:
    https://www.investopedia.com/insights/worlds-top-economies/

They adopt better. What did u take from Chinese investments in Africa that benefited only u? Even if true, they'll repay u in kind.
    Your love for those is funny but unneeded.
    As mentioned, I'm & will not be in love with any of them (unless I get a girlfriend or wife), just being objective.
    In fact, a lot of them have an attitude towards us that's as bad & prejudiced as ur sentiments towards them. But that is the result of 200 years of humiliation at the hands of the West.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:43 am

Hahaha.... good on you Aristide... make fun of us old men... we are your inferiors after all...

@Tsavo

Confucius say pity the man who sits on two chairs because it can only be a matter of time before one of those chairs is moved and there is a parting of the ways so to speak... ouch.

In fact, a lot of them have an attitude towards us that's as bad & prejudiced as ur sentiments towards them. But that is the result of 200 years of humiliation at the hands of the West.

But when they have a bad attitude they are uncivilised... when the french elite do it is it human nature and the peak of foreign relations technique... just because we stabbed you in the back so many times before does not mean you shouldn't trust usssssssssssssssss... we are just pretending to be evil backstabbers... see?

Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 15 61266010
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:31 pm

GarryB wrote:Hahaha.... good on you Aristide... make fun of us old men... we are your inferiors after all...

@Tsavo

Confucius say pity the man who sits on two chairs because it can only be a matter of time before one of those chairs is moved and there is a parting of the ways so to speak... ouch.

But when they have a bad attitude they are uncivilised... when the french elite do it is it human nature and the peak of foreign relations technique... just because we stabbed you in the back so many times before does not mean you shouldn't trust usssssssssssssssss... we are just pretending to be evil backstabbers... see?

Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 15 61266010

Its amusing that he brings up shitholes like China, India or Brazil, where most people live in absolute poverty and none of them reaches french standards. Comparing overall economic power in that regard is laughable.

Ever visited Brazil? I liked it alot. We were in a luxury quarter and behind the massive walls were the gigantic fevelas, where poverty reigns in unknown dimensions.

India is a black hole with one of worst poverty counts worldwide. Anotehr 3rd world shithole.

Nations are like Stars. Countries like India are like red giants. Hundreds of millions of km wide and around 30 solar masses.

While France is like a Neutron Star, just 20km diameter and roughly 2 solar masses. Enormous gravitational pull. If a neutron star gets close to a Red Giant...the Red Giant gets ripped apart.

No matter what, we always win.

There were a few times when enemies almost defeated us. Even thr Russians one time marched into Paris, as did Hitler.

It appears when someone defeats us he is quickly blinded by the glamour and shows a mercy on us, that we ourself would never show.

We devasted west german lands for centuries even before Napoleon and ruled german lands with an iron hand. We killed hundredthousands of russians.

And what happenes when german and russian troops got to Paris? They make a celebration march and then retreat.

We burned entire moscow to the ground just one year earlier. Over one million russion civilians died.

And what do they do? They plan revenge on us but fail that once they could do it. They get blinded by the glamour of France and give up their chance for revenge.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:03 pm

China, India or Brazil, where most people live in absolute poverty and none of them reaches french standards. Comparing overall economic power in that regard is laughable.
    On a nation to nation comparison, it's their economic power that matters, not the average income. Some rich folks there live better then most French. If India, Pakistan & Brazil weren't buying French weapons & products, ur economy would be in the gutter.
    Even the Russians one time marched into Paris, as did Hitler.
    It appears when someone defeats us he is quickly blinded by the glamour and shows a mercy on us, that we ourself would never show.
    And what happened when german and russian troops got to Paris? They make a celebration march and then retreat.
    We burned entire moscow to the ground just one year earlier. Over one million russion civilians died.
    And what do they do? They plan revenge on us but fail that once they could do it. They get blinded by the glamour of France and give up their chance for revenge.
    Moscow Kremlin & the Army survived & the rest was rebuilt. They helped to defeat Napoleon, restored the king, & u had a bloody revolution & terror. They left Paris to deal with other problems, not out of sense of owe of ur culture. Russia can say the same of Germans coming to occupy Ukraine in 1918 & then abandoning it to deal with internal problems; the 2nd time the Germans & their allies got stopped at Moscow & N. Caucasus, rolled back, & were occupied till 1989. The learned their lesson & will never fight Russia again, no matter what the US or France tell them. Thanks to the French Navy intel ship navigating the NSR, Russia took strict measures to protect it against any future unauthorized incursions.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:15 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    China, India or Brazil, where most people live in absolute poverty and none of them reaches french standards. Comparing overall economic power in that regard is laughable.
    On a nation to nation comparison, it's their economic power that matters, not the average income. Some rich folks there live better then most French. If India, Pakistan & Brazil weren't buying French weapons & products, ur economy would be in the gutter.
    Even the Russians one time marched into Paris, as did Hitler.
    And what happened when german and russian troops got to Paris? They make a celebration march and then retreat.
    Moscow Kremlin & the Army survived & the rest was rebuilt. They helped to defeat Napoleon, restored the king, & u had a bloody revolution & terror. They left Paris to deal with other problems, not out of sense of owe of ur culture. Russia can say the same of Germans coming to occupy Ukraine in 1918 & then abandoning it to deal with internal problems; the 2nd time the Germans & their allies got stopped at Moscow & N. Caucasus, rolled back, & were occupied till 1989. The learned their lesson & will never fight Russia again, no matter what the US or France tell them. Thanks to the French Navy intel ship navigating the NSR, Russia took strict measures to protect it against any future unauthorized incursions.

You talk shit again. The revolution and terror was before Napoleon.

And no, you are wrong. The russian leader at that time was Czar Alexander I, who saw France as the ideal for a nation. He admired France and many russians hated him for that.

Alexander was educated in the teachings of french philosopher Rousseau. For him Russians, Germans and French are brothers. It was Alexanders decission to be merciful with France, even so we killed one million russians and burned down Moscow.

So see it that way, France never had to learn a lesson. Even WW II with all its bad stuff left France relative untouched compared to others.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Right, I mixed it up with the timeline. But u lost most of ur navy after Churchill decided to deny it to the Germans.
    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/fact-during-world-war-ii-churchill-went-war-against-french-navy-36787

1812 Napoleonic invasion of Russia casualties: 334,000 dead [total]
    100,000 killed in action (70,000 French and 30,000 allied)
    Russian casualties: 289,000 killed in major battles.
    Overall, France lost 306,000 men during Napoleonic Wars.
    https://howlingpixel.com/i-en/Napoleonic_Wars_casualties

The effect of the war on France over this time period was considerable. According to David Gates, the Napoleonic Wars cost France at least 916,000 men. This represents 38% of the conscription class of 1790–1795. This rate is over 14% higher than the losses suffered by the same generation one hundred years later fighting Imperial Germany. The French population suffered long-term effects through a low male-to-female population ratio. At the beginning of the Revolution, the numbers of males to females was virtually identical. By the end of the conflict only 0.857 males remained for every female. Combined with new agrarian laws under the Napoleonic Empire that required landowners to divide their lands to all their sons rather than the first born, France's population never recovered. By the middle of the 19th century France had lost its demographic superiority over Germany and Austria and even the United Kingdom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleonic_Wars_casualties#Allies
    https://howlingpixel.com/i-en/Napoleonic_Wars_casualties
    https://www.history.com/news/napoleons-disastrous-invasion-of-russia-200-years-ago
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinakillgrove/2015/07/25/skeletons-of-napoleons-soldiers-in-mass-grave-show-signs-of-starvation/#5bd470a23743

So, overall, France lost more population as a result.
    Napoleon expected the Russians to surrender; however, the citizens of the city simply left Moscow to Napoleon. Three-fourths of the city had been burned by the time Napoleon’s army arrived and there was no food or other provisions for them.
    Leaving Smolensk on Nov. 13, the army arrived in Vilnius on Dec. 8. Only 20,000 soldiers remained that could be considered fit enough to fight. Having heard of an impending coup d’etat in France by Gen. Claude François de Malet, Napoleon left Gen. Joachim Murat in charge and hastened to Paris. Murat refused to make a stand in Vilnius—he left his guns and the booty obtained in Moscow to the advancing Russians and retreated back toward the Nieman, crossing on Dec. 14 with fewer than 40,000 men, mostly incapacitated. So ended Napoleon’s great dream of reaching India through Russia.

https://slate.com/technology/2012/12/napoleon-march-to-russia-in-1812-typhus-spread-by-lice-was-more-powerful-than-tchaikovskys-cannonfire.html

The long-standing tradition of admiration for French culture meant that the French prisoners of war, especially officers, were in fact treated leniently. Yuri Arnold, writing from the province of Mogilev, noted that the obsession with all things French led to the situation when “it was rare at that time to find a noble residence in which one did not meet a French prisoner. To have at home ‘one’s own’ Frenchman had become an established practice for every ‘respectable home.’ My family, consequently, found ‘our Frenchman’ as well.”..
    Despite their experiences in captivity, some POWs did choose to stay in Russia, finding prospects of staying in the foreign land more attractive than returning to homeland. After pledging allegiance to the Russian sovereign, a few of them enlisted in the Russian army but most settled in various towns and villages, working in industry and farming and gradually assimilating into the Russian society.

https://www.cairn.info/revue-napoleonica-la-revue-2014-3-page-35.htm#

Russian losses were partially compensated by those prisoners.
    "1M Russian civilians the French killed" u keep repeating is impossible; it's at least 2x the real total. Do u have any credible references to support this figure? FYI,
    In total, despite earlier estimates giving figures of several million dead, around one million were killed including civilians–fairly evenly split between the French and Russians.
    https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/French_invasion_of_Russia

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add a quote)
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:25 pm

Your hate against my country amuses me - Today at 10:09 am
    it really does. It must anger you so much to see France as one of the richest countries on this planet.
    I'm neutral to France & any other nation, as each has it's strong & weak sides. I wouldn't mind visiting it & experience everything it has to offer. It doesn't affect me in any way that France is richer than those below it's rank & which u call shit holes; don't judge others by ur own metrics. To be frank, it amuses me that in the 21st century a rich & educated kid like u can be so brainwashed & not ashamed to express such a biased attitude towards other peoples & cultures.
    When u can't counter me & substantiate ur pseudo history/diatribes, u fall back on emotions & resort to attacking the messenger.
    Not a sign of particularly high IQ!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:35 pm