Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3399
    Points : 3379
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:58 am

    Russia has it's own fabrication plants for very specific needs. Rest is done by TSMC. Much like what most do.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 557
    Points : 595
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Soviet Interdimentional Command

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:17 pm

    Vladimir79 wrote:

    A bunch a spoiled children who have no respect for how good they have it.  Let them live on a Russian pension for a month, they will be begging to go back.  

    Well why not go live in france then where you are expected to follow all of thier vile decadent rituals and still retain your financial problems unless you
    somehow manage to backstab your way into a management position at some company.

    If you are short on money don't buy so much european branded crap like some little fifth columnist euro worshiper. Modern products are crap nomatter where they are from so you may aswell by local.

    By the way I am curious as to why you hold france to such a high regard it is just another eu province with a small military and a handful of industries, that is to say a handful less than germany nothing that would really result in it being held in such high regard... Then ofcourse there you could say that france is the country responsible for disgracing this world with concepts like fashion and the so called class that the members of so called "high society" are obsessed with, thoes profound insults to organic life really do have france on the brain.

    By all criteria you have mentioned so far would Switzerland not be by far the better country?

    Vladimir79
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2723
    Points : 3601
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Vladimir79 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:

    First off, they saw a Su-57 prototype early model. Second, it was obvious it was an early build since the next follow up ones didn't have same issue by even photo evidence provided on this very forums.  India is a useless state. Try going there and find out yourself.

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 ?q=70&w=1920&url=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F04%2Fkakd01313

    I see plenty of bolts and other crap sticking out of it. It isn't stealthy from the front with all of those bolts nor the back with exposed engine casings.

    Even their media states they may just buy Su-57 as is when it's ready for development.  If you seriously think a Su-57 will have more bolts sticking out of it (when we know it doesn't from later models) vs Su-30 and Su-35, you are horribly mistaken.

    No there are no bolts sticking out anymore. I see rivets but not sticking out (but visible) evidence please. Of model Su-57 number 05 and later.

    The evidence is right there, verdict = not stealthy.

    As well, radar is fine, no more work is intended for it as the same exact TR modules are used for civilian and military radar as of now.  The N036 is working from what we all have heard and was tested even in Syria.  Major thing I noticed though is performance of N036. It doesn't exceed that of Irbis E in nearly all perameters. So if that is the case, they may not be exactly interested in it at current stage so waiting on new GaAS modules or GaN (which in both cases already exist in production by NPO Istok).

    We have been testing AESA radars for a long time. The last time it was evaluated in the MMRCA it couldn't pick up an airliner within 150km much less discriminate ground targets from the background clutter. France has since gone into full rate production with theirs and the reason Rafale was selected by India.

    A test module of GaN might exist, it certainly doesn't power any of our in service radars. We don't even have any active service GaAS AESA radars.

    Engines are the only problem from my understanding. Everything else has been cleared.  Maybe the EO subsystem isn't ready?

    Engines are only the first of a long list of problems. According to the IAF it suffers from over 40 deficiencies.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3399
    Points : 3379
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:04 pm

    Uh, you just grabbed a photo of earliest of prototypes flyable as those are sensors used for gaining info during flight and use.  

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 T-50-6-2_KnAAPO

    Lots of rivets but that is standard without the ram after coatings. As well, take a look at the back in this photo. And these aren't Type 30 engines either.

    As for AESA, yes you guys have them in service with Pantsir S2 a and SM units. GaAS modules also used in Nebo M. There it is also used in civil radar systems used in example at airports or used in wireless towers for mobile structures.  GaN modules being made now by Rostec for 5G and radar structures.

    This site has details on the GaAS ceramics

    https://www.niipp.ru/catalog/detail.php?ID=245
    Vladimir79
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2723
    Points : 3601
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Vladimir79 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:23 pm

    The-thing-next-door wrote:
    Well why not go live in france then where you are expected to follow all of thier vile decadent rituals and still retain your financial problems unless you
    somehow manage to backstab your way into a management position at some company.

    If you are short on money don't buy so much european branded crap like some little fifth columnist euro worshiper. Modern products are crap nomatter where they are from so you may aswell by local.

    I should take a lesson from you as someone who knows all about suffering. I don't see how you can live like that. I refuse to stick things out just to suffer through it. When I see an opportunity to improve my condition I take it. Wallowing in self pity isn't the answer.

    By the way I am curious as to why you hold france to such a high regard it is just another eu province with a small military and a handful of industries, that is to say a handful less than germany nothing that would really result in it being held in such high regard... Then ofcourse there you could say that france is the country responsible for disgracing this world with concepts like fashion and the so called class that the members of so called "high society" are obsessed with, thoes profound insults to organic life really do have france on the brain.

    By all criteria you have mentioned so far would Switzerland not be by far the better country?

    I was comparing the powers of the UNSC, obviously Switzerland wouldn't apply.
    Vladimir79
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2723
    Points : 3601
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Vladimir79 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:27 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:Uh, you just grabbed a photo of earliest of prototypes flyable as those are sensors used for gaining info during flight and use.  

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 T-50-6-2_KnAAPO

    Lots of rivets but that is standard without the ram after coatings.  As well, take a look at the back in this photo. And these aren't Type 30 engines either.

    As for AESA, yes you guys have them in service with Pantsir S2 a and SM units. GaAS modules also used in Nebo M. There it is also used in civil radar systems used in example at airports or used in wireless towers for mobile structures.  GaN modules being made now by Rostec for 5G and radar structures.

    This site has details on the GaAS ceramics

    https://www.niipp.ru/catalog/detail.php?ID=245

    You mean this one?  It still has the same bolts and crap on it as the last one.

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Su-57-inlet

    We have no AESA in service, try again.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3399
    Points : 3379
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:44 pm

    Yes you do. I just listed them.  It's obvious for Pantsir S2 due to no antenna on the search radar. And it's also used on the Gorshkov frigate for polemont redeux system. And nebo M is aesa.  The Su-35 also has AESA L band TR modules on it's wings.


    http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Nebo-SVU-Analysis.htmlry again.

    You should really learn what sensors are.  Those aren't "bolts" because no other Russian jet has those. So I think we may have to see what serial produced model looks like.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 3073
    Points : 3067
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Isos on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:53 pm

    Still better than any other nation (but US) can make.

    Rafale aesa is quoted by its pilots to have a 200km range. It is also quoted to detect an airliner at 160km from the rear. Very good but not better than Irbis E or the last fga-35 tested for mig 35 with a range of 260km against fighters with 3 to 5m2.

    Indians pull out from fgfa and not pak fa. They were supposed to make everything by themselves. But guess what ? They actually wanted russians to do it for them, give them everything like an aesa radar ready for production, a RAM coating which reduces rcs by billions time, infinite service life ...

    Once they find out russians won't provide anything and they totally suck at producing their own tech they went to buy the rafale.

    But guess what ? They asked the frenches same thing as russians. Provide everything already made so that they can not copy but just take the technologies away at home.

    And Dassault said "fuck you" so they had no choice but to buy simply the rafales prooduced by France. And also buy quickly some more migs from the 90 because they are stupid.

    Aaaand for you information they also asked Dassault to be responsible of the rafales produced in india by india.

    So yeah indians sucks. And now that pakistan fucked them both military and in medias, they will beg for something like a su-57 even in its prototype version.

    Russians are too much passive. Instead of taking the opportunity to bash israeli and french hardware so that they can sell migs and sukhoi, they wait.
    MiamiMachineShop
    MiamiMachineShop

    Posts : 35
    Points : 39
    Join date : 2019-04-09

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  MiamiMachineShop on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:57 pm

    I do not think what Vladimir is saying is such a bad thing. Look our F-35 fell from Japanese sky. Not much is known about this aircraft. At least the Rafale and the SU57 have not had such disastrous results for an aircraft that is supposedly in serial production. India pulling out of the program is really not that bad, Indians can make their own decisions , they also did not agree to buy our military equipment simply because we demanded that they do it. For all the countries that went along with F35, I really wonder what goes through the minds of the defense establishments knowing they have a true turkey as the main means of aerial capability. The F35 is indefensible in terms of cost, production, capability... This is in serial production. So the complaints about SU-57 although somewhat justified really pale in comparison to the disaster of the so called joint strike fighter. Rafale is decent aircraft, expensive, but decent, and Indians can do what they want, does not reflect on SU-57 as a whole or the Russian manufacturing as a whole.
    Vladimir79
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2723
    Points : 3601
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Vladimir79 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:58 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:Yes you do. I just listed them.  It's obvious for Pantsir S2 due to no antenna on the search radar. And it's also used on the Gorshkov frigate for polemont redeux system. And nebo M is aesa.  The Su-35 also has AESA L band TR modules on it's wings.


    http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Nebo-SVU-Analysis.htmlry again.

    You should really learn what sensors are.  Those aren't "bolts" because no other Russian jet has those. So I think we may have to see what serial produced model looks like.

    The SOTS S-band search radar is not AESA, it is PESA.  If it was AESA the range would have increased more than 4km.  

    You should learn what is stealthy and what is not.  Metallic objects sticking out of it is not.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 4105
    Points : 4210
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  kvs on Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:22 pm

    Wow a NATO stealth fanboi session. The protruding rivets crap is for the uneducated. Listening to all the
    self-anointed "authority" jabbering you wold think that every protruding rivet is a delta-function EM emitter. Any
    backscatter or re-emission from protruding rivets depends on their cross section. Do people think that
    these rivets are meters in diameter?

    A line of rivets is not the same thing as a densely packed area of rivets. Identify on any jet a substantial area covered
    by rivets. Rivets are nth order (n very large) terms in the backscatter-emission budget of the F-22, Su-57, F-35, etc. Billboard sized
    rudders for the F-22 are a non issue but some lines of rivets with a reflection cross section millions of times smaller
    is a big deal? Get real.

    This is the "quality" of criticism thrown at Russia. Let's hope that the NATO planners are this smart.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3399
    Points : 3379
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:47 pm

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Yes you do. I just listed them.  It's obvious for Pantsir S2 due to no antenna on the search radar. And it's also used on the Gorshkov frigate for polemont redeux system. And nebo M is aesa.  The Su-35 also has AESA L band TR modules on it's wings.


    http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Nebo-SVU-Analysis.htmlry again.

    You should really learn what sensors are.  Those aren't "bolts" because no other Russian jet has those. So I think we may have to see what serial produced model looks like.

    The SOTS S-band search radar is not AESA, it is PESA.  If it was AESA the range would have increased more than 4km.  

    You should learn what is stealthy and what is not.  Metallic objects sticking out of it is not.

    Sots S is Janus faced ESA. That's all I can find. Pantsir SM is double the range all I can find.

    But AESA doesn't instantly mean longer range. Just has some benefits behind it. It's about power output and input. If it produces 20KW of power (not saying it does but using let's say Irbis E vs N036 as example, then that is all the radar works with. In this case, Irbis E uses about 19KW of power and can actually use it. N036 only works with same total amount of power output with it's TRMs. So it's detection range is about the same. It's what can be generated and used. Bars R on Su-30SM only has about 7KW to work with. It can be more if it could obtain that.

    Also, Voronez is also AESA. And same with Container. It appears all AESA are ground based and or Navy based with exception of A-100 test model and these N036.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 2110
    Points : 2110
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:02 pm

    China ..has never had a decent or indecent navy before,
    They had a big armada of huge & smaller junks that made 7 voyages to SE Asia, India, Sri Lanka, Persian Gulf, Red Sea, & E. Africa during the Ming Dynasty:
    http://afe.easia.columbia.edu/special/china_1000ce_mingvoyages.htm#voyages

    Some researchers believe they also reached Australia, NZ & the Americas.
    After 1970 & before 1990, they had large coastal navy with mostly high speed boats & SSKs. The PLA Navy was the 3rd largest navy in the world in 1987:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Liberation_Army_Navy#1970s_and_1980s

    Hang on... when did the Soviet Union actually have a strong navy?
    In the 1970s, 80s & till 1991. It was the biggest sea denial blue water force in the world, & the USN admirals & analysts said so.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Navy#Carriers_and_aviation
    jhelb
    jhelb

    Posts : 549
    Points : 636
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  jhelb on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:10 pm

    This thread went off on a tangent a long time ago. But by far the most readworthy comment was - Vlad has never been(leave alone reside) to Russia Smile Smile
    Aristide
    Aristide

    Posts : 517
    Points : 573
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 21
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Aristide on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:33 pm

    One thing about the yellow wests. They are the symbol that France has it too good. Those people dont know poverty.

    The big problem in France is president Macron.

    The thing is, he was not elected because the people wanted him. He was elected to prevent Marine Le Pen. And thats his failure from day one.

    Marine has enormous popularity. All otehr fractions had to unite against her to make Macron persident.

    So he has no own base. Just various oppossing groups who carry him but fight each other.

    Macron is very unpopular and it is very possible that we will have Marine as president next election.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 2110
    Points : 2110
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:01 pm

    If French r so divided, how can u claim that ur country is so good?
    They wouldn't be so divided if they had dulce vita.
    The Sun shines over a dump the same impartial way it shines over the Louvre.
    MiamiMachineShop
    MiamiMachineShop

    Posts : 35
    Points : 39
    Join date : 2019-04-09

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  MiamiMachineShop on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:21 pm

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    MiamiMachineShop wrote:True, Russia has the capability of a superpower with the budget of French military. The Russian capability is in an entire category of its own when compared to France. It is the only country that can destroy us. Alone, this is enough to consider. I give credit to Vlad for being so self-critical. It simply means they are aiming for even more. This is to be celebrated, considering if he sees room for improvement there are undoubtedly others that see it and with implementation of slow but sure anti-corruption measures, the improvements will be made.  

    If France wanted to destroy you there isn't much you could do about it.  Their modernised Terrible class boomers are more stealthy than your old Ohios.  I started this board 10 years ago with the full faith that Putin could rearm us into a 21st century Super Power with the development of new weapons at least on par with the French.  What I see are so many failures and refurbishment of Soviet era kit it makes me want to puke.  There is very little in the French inventory that is of Cold War vintage, most of our inventory is still burdened by the rust.  The MIC is still burdened by the corruption and the design bureaus make things that look the same as the last.  Until we start putting real money into R&D we are going to be stuck in the same rut.  


    Vladimir79, I have to disagree with French ability to destroy the United States without knowing it. Simply put to destroy us, you have to surprise us, and only one country can do that, it is Russia. Simply launching their tiny nuclear arsenal at us and damaging some infrastructure, while we retaliate with full salvo and destroy France is not smart on their part. They do not have a triad, they have 4 triomphant class submarines carrying 16 m45-m51 missiles with 6-10 MIRV and aids in deception. We have knowledge through spying, intelligence, and the vassalage of their military of which submarines are in port and which are underway. This means we can narrow down the zone of deployment and conduct a harassing search via anti submarine measures to hunt the submarine via nuclear depth charges and a whole host of weapons you already know about. As I stated earlier even if their 1-2 submarines on patrol could get off a salvo, we would retaliate in full and eliminate the existence of them. They are not stupid enough to try. This means their arsenal is not aimed at us, and simply even if, would be ineffective at the goal of destroying us without consequence.

    To overcome the American multilayered defense and truly destroy USA, you would have to bypass the first defense, the Space Based Infrared System, a system of recon sats in geostationary orbit, scanning by infrared means to detect launches of missiles around the world. The Satellites relay the information in a defense chain to the Solid State Phased Array Radar System which tracks via Raytheon AN/FPS-120 Solid State Phased Array Radar and other radars monitoring the airspace around the United States at Beale, Cape Cod, Thule, and Clear. This information is relayed to the GMD which is being considered for construction as part of the Proposed Eastern United States missile defense site. Overcoming this chain on French capability alone is impossible. Not only does the attacker have to destroy our satellites or disable them, but a traditional anti-sat missile attempt a la India will only tell us that an attack is planned and we would launch on warning. France does not operate sabotage satellites as Russia does with lasers, dazzlers, and grapplers to disable our eyes in space without triggering an immediate launch, Russia can mask such disabling measures and claim their satellites also are not working, while they work on eliminating the rest of the defense chain while our commanders are in disarray figuring out what is going on. After eliminating our satellite monitoring system, Russia can launch Satan missiles with Yu-74 Avangard carrying maneuvering hypersonic warheads and make short work of the Solid State Phased Array Radar System by gliding above the detection range, and employing destructive warheads outside the range of detection. Then the rest of the Russian ICBM force can be launched during this operation and clean up the rest of our command and control centers, stealth bomber airbases, and the rest of our nuclear and communication components. Then Russia can begin the anti sub portion after catching us by surprise and conduct massive poseidon and nuke depth charge attacks to hunt the positions of the Ohio class subs lurking in the ocean to retaliate. With Russian intel, spies in Navy, and other means of detection they can see which Ohios are patrolling, and which are at port. Then they can begin "fishing with dynamite". Any missiles that get through after the so called "fishing with dynamite" phase will be cleaned by S-500 and Nudol ABM. Once Nudol and S-500 are ready, Russia can eliminate us off the face of the planet without worry of massive retaliation, at best minor damage would be dealt, a tragedy, but with the knowledge that the main aggressor has been eliminated to the full consequence of his actions.

    French do not have this capability and are nowhere close. Please do not insult us with this allegation. Self deprecating comments about your own countries capabilities aside, I do not take the threat lightly. Neither does Washington DC. The sun already set on France long ago, they will be giving these innovations of theirs to Africans in the years coming, this will be when we will have to consider France an enemy of the United States for being an incompetent country that can let these dangerous weapons into the hands of Boko Haram, Isis, or other militants they have in their country and they do nothing about it. French political, military, and economic power falling into the hands of such characters is truly concerning. With the incompetence of French, it is a real possibility I am worried about in next 10 years. They will have an African Boko Haram president as some point, and this should concern the entire UNSC. UK is following in French footsteps and a Jihadi John president also concerns me. In any case France and UK will be African countries in coming years seeing the trajectory of internal politics, immigration, and the presence of a large zombie liberal population in their countries, waiting to hand over French former power to these militant figures.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 3073
    Points : 3067
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Isos on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:46 pm

    Our nuclear strategy is to make it too costly to engage a nuclear war for the opponent. Not to destroy the earth.

    Contrary to what you think, we give 0 details to you about ower boomers. They are not part of Nato. Only UK shares that with you because they have to as they use your missiles.

    1 boomer is at sea always. Which means 16 missiles with 6-10 warhead ready to launch. 160 warheads that will target your major cities, military ports ...

    A second sub is always ready to go.

    You wouldn't be able to sustain so much damage. You will detect the attack forbsure but can't do anything. Mutual destruction ...

    All these spy thing near the base are hollywood propaganda. The base is isolated and very well controled. And when the sub goes at sea it is escorted.

    Satelittes can't see under water. USSR (and china today ) tried to develop such satellite but they couldn't.

    The one training and arming terrorists are US since the soviet/afghan war.
    MiamiMachineShop
    MiamiMachineShop

    Posts : 35
    Points : 39
    Join date : 2019-04-09

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  MiamiMachineShop on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:02 pm

    It would not make sense for France to attack us only to be completely destroyed. No surprise can be achieved, meaning staging an attack that will not trigger a response. Otherwise nuclear warfare is unthinkable. Your boomers launching 160 warheads make no sense when you will not exist afterwards. What I said stands, France cannot surprise us, not today, tomorrow, or in years to come. Time works against France. Only Russia can surprise us, and therefore a nuclear exchange become thinkable and winnable with their new technology. Your nukes are aimed at Iran, and other lesser threats. Sarkozy clearly said you would attack countries that use terror to attack you. This means Iran mainly. You will not tolerate a response, never in your entire history have you fought when the possibility of adequate response existed to your homeland. You will not provoke when possibility of response exists. This is why you appease Iran. Because they have adequate responses already throughout France. Russia is the true existential threat. France has no sabotage satellites, it barely possesses adequate destruction means of real global power, USA and Russia only. Talk of other minor powers is ego stroking only.
    MiamiMachineShop
    MiamiMachineShop

    Posts : 35
    Points : 39
    Join date : 2019-04-09

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  MiamiMachineShop on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:19 pm

    When I speak of spying, I mean business contacts, procurement contacts, and other contacts that provide relevant information from which we can deduce the movement of subs, replenishing of supplies, and other indicators of movement. I did not mean that 007 was at your base watching your every move. We can observe activity that hints to preparations of anything. So no surprise will be achieved. We will know which subs are at port and which are at sea, 4 submarines are not difficult to track, we are talking about defending from a myriad of Russian weapons, a gargantuan task. 4 subs is nothing to lose sleep over in comparison. France is our ally, make no mistake, in the mind of American war planners we will fight Russia to the last Frenchman. Whether he knows it or not. Yikes.
    Vladimir79
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2723
    Points : 3601
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Vladimir79 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:22 pm

    MiamiMachineShop wrote:

    Vladimir79, I have to disagree with French ability to destroy the United States without knowing it. Simply put to destroy us, you have to surprise us, and only one country can do that, it is Russia. Simply launching their tiny nuclear arsenal at us and damaging some infrastructure, while we retaliate with full salvo and destroy France is not smart on their part. They do not have a triad, they have 4 triomphant class submarines carrying 16 m45-m51 missiles with 6-10 MIRV and aids in deception.

    I hate to burst your bubble but all four of the French SNLE are at Le Terrible standard and all of them carry 16X M51 v2. With the new stealthier and higher yield TNO warhead it is more lethal than ever before. Actually the French do have a nuclear triad, they launch them from under the water, on the water (CdG) and from land bases. All of their triad is survivable from a first strike as long as the carrier is out to sea. If they are conducting a first strike, all of them would be out.


    We have knowledge through spying, intelligence, and the vassalage of their military of which submarines are in port and which are underway. This means we can narrow down the zone of deployment and conduct a harassing search via anti submarine measures to hunt the submarine via nuclear depth charges and a whole host of weapons you already know about. As I stated earlier even if their 1-2 submarines on patrol could get off a salvo, we would retaliate in full and eliminate the existence of them. They are not stupid enough to try. This means their arsenal is not aimed at us, and simply even if, would be ineffective at the goal of destroying us without consequence.

    The French are smart enough to have submarine pens that are shielded from snooping satellites with special materials in the roof. You never found Saddam's WMD, you certainly aren't finding the French boomers. Of course you would retaliate and destroy them, but not before they laid waste to your entire country.

    To overcome the American multilayered defense...

    Everyone has seen the results of your ABM testing... no one is impressed.

    French do not have this capability and are nowhere close.

    They do indeed have this capability, we have this capability several times over. You are not safe.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 3073
    Points : 3067
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Isos on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:24 pm

    MiamiMachineShop wrote:It would not make sense for France to attack us only to be completely destroyed. No surprise can be achieved, meaning staging an attack that will not trigger a response. Otherwise nuclear warfare is unthinkable. Your boomers launching 160 warheads make no sense when you will not exist afterwards. What I said stands, France cannot surprise us, not today, tomorrow, or in years to come. Time works against France. Only Russia can surprise us, and therefore a nuclear exchange become thinkable and winnable with their new technology. Your nukes are aimed at Iran, and other lesser threats. Sarkozy clearly said you would attack countries that use terror to attack you. This means Iran mainly. You will not tolerate a response, never in your entire history have you fought when the possibility of adequate response existed to your homeland. You will not provoke when possibility of response exists. This is why you appease Iran. Because they have adequate responses already throughout France. Russia is the true existential threat. France has no sabotage satellites, it barely possesses adequate destruction means of real global power, USA and Russia only. Talk of other minor powers is ego stroking only.

    Our nuclear deterence is all azimuth since the begining. What you say makes no sense. A nuclear war will never be a "surprise".

    All nuclear countries are equiped with enough detection tools to know if they are being attacked.

    Russia can't make a surprise attack on USA. You also have early warning radars that will detect the ICBM in the space and will know from where they come. And it gives enough time to answer. Sabotage satelittes are no help as you would need to coordinate an attack on all satlittes of the opponent. Radars on the ground allows to see those satelittes coming too close.

    Nuclear weapons prevent a war because you and the opponent are sure that you can destroy him or damage so badly that he won't be able to get up.

    Iran is your and israeli's enemy. Not ours. We want better cooperation with them. Only your leaders don't want that to happen and impose sanctions on everyone cooperating with Iran. We don't want them to nuks because then saudi arabia will buy some to Pakistan. And they might use them against each other, impacting us. Actually we hate more israel than iran in France. That's why we stopped selling them weapons during cold war and started selling to arabs.
    Vladimir79
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2723
    Points : 3601
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Vladimir79 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:40 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:

    Sots S is Janus faced ESA. That's all I can find.  Pantsir SM is double the range all I can find.

    But AESA doesn't instantly mean longer range. Just has some benefits behind it. It's about power output and input. If it produces 20KW of power (not saying it does but using let's say Irbis E vs N036 as example, then that is all the radar works with. In this case, Irbis E uses about 19KW of power and can actually use it.  N036 only works with same total amount of power output with it's TRMs.  So it's detection range is about the same.  It's what can be generated and used. Bars R on Su-30SM only has about 7KW to work with. It can be more if it could obtain that.

    Also, Voronez is also AESA. And same with Container.  It appears all AESA are ground based and or Navy based with exception of A-100 test model and these N036.

    The first AESA that will be in service with the armed forces will be on a MiG-35... whenever that comes.
    Aristide
    Aristide

    Posts : 517
    Points : 573
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 21
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Aristide on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:44 pm

    MiamiMachineShop wrote:When I speak of spying, I mean business contacts, procurement contacts, and other contacts that provide relevant information from which we can deduce the movement of subs, replenishing of supplies, and other indicators of movement. I did not mean that 007 was at your base watching your every move. We can observe activity that hints to preparations of anything. So no surprise will be achieved. We will know which subs are at port and which are at sea, 4 submarines are not difficult to track, we are talking about defending from a myriad of Russian weapons, a gargantuan task. 4 subs is nothing to lose sleep over in comparison. France is our ally, make no mistake, in the mind of American war planners we will fight Russia to the last Frenchman. Whether he knows it or not. Yikes.

    Who do you mean with "we"? Mexicans?

    The fun fact is, that France has far less africans than you have mexicans.

    Hispanics in just 5 years will be majority in USA. Add your 20% african population and you see where you go.

    What you know about our subs or not is irrelevant, since you are a minority in greater Mexico.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 3073
    Points : 3067
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Isos on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:45 pm


    The first AESA that will be in service with the armed forces will be on a MiG-35... whenever that comes.

    Actually it will be su-57 as it is planned to come in 2019/2020 in service.

    Mig-35 without a perfectly operational aesa will never be bought by your air force.

    Sponsored content

    Why France is the land where the sun never setteles - Page 12 Empty Re: Why France is the land where the sun never setteles

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:52 pm