Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

What does President Putin mean when he says " we as martyrs would go to paradise " ?

jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

What does President Putin mean when he says " we as martyrs would go to paradise " ? Empty What does President Putin mean when he says " we as martyrs would go to paradise " ?

Post  jhelb on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:35 am

Last week at the Valdai International Discussion Club Q & A session Putin said

we as martyrs would go to paradise while they will simply perish because they won’t even have time to repent their sins

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/58848#sel=129:1:I,129:1:I

What does he mean by this ?

Is this the first confirmation of the decision to dismantle the Soviet era civil defence, aiming to protect civilians under nuclear attack as well as a confirmation of non-survivable of Russian leaders in during an attack ?
    franco
    franco

What does President Putin mean when he says " we as martyrs would go to paradise " ? Empty Re: What does President Putin mean when he says " we as martyrs would go to paradise " ?

Post  franco on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:46 pm

Sounds very clear to me. He is saying that everyone will die in a nuclear war but as the innocent party they would go to heaven while the attacking side would just go to hell What a Face
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

What does President Putin mean when he says " we as martyrs would go to paradise " ? Empty Re: What does President Putin mean when he says " we as martyrs would go to paradise " ?

Post  PapaDragon on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:47 pm

jhelb wrote:Last week at the Valdai International Discussion Club Q & A session Putin said

we as martyrs would go to paradise while they will simply perish because they won’t even have time to repent their sins

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/58848#sel=129:1:I,129:1:I

What does he mean by this ?

Is this the first confirmation of the decision to dismantle the Soviet era civil defence, aiming to protect civilians under nuclear attack as well as a confirmation of non-survivable of Russian leaders in during an attack ?

You are overthinking this

Franco explained it
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:46 pm

franco wrote:Sounds very clear to me. He is saying that everyone will die in a nuclear war but as the innocent party they would go to heaven while the attacking side would just go to hell What a Face

Which shows that Putin is an idiot. All nuclear bombs combined are still nothing compared to a asteroid impact. Large parts of the world would still be intact. The effects of a nuclear war are over estimated. Beside that, most projectiles would be shot down anyways. And its doubtful that the commandline would follow orders in such a situation.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:27 am

Hahahaha... most missiles would be shot down by what exactly?

Your wit?

He is a religious man talking about the end of the world... not by his choice, but imposed upon him by the actions of the United States of America.

He is basically saying it would be murder/suicide, but as the victim, the Russians will have a clear conscience, while the guilty party of both murder and suicide (ie their own deaths) will likely not get what they are hoping for.

Remember there are lots of Trump supporters that are religious nutters who think the end is nigh... which makes them very dangerous to those of us who live in the real world...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:38 pm