Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+4
Tsavo Lion
hoom
Big_Gazza
medo
8 posters

Gender ethics in the military

medo
    medo

Gender ethics in the military Empty Gender ethics in the military

Post  medo Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:23 pm

This thread contains content from another thread that these posts were really not related to.

This thread ends up being about women in the military but being the international politics section you can talk about any countries military and not just women in service.

hoom wrote:Also Marching Girls were present Very Happy
    Gender ethics in the military 677_KRONSHTADT_180920_1_06

Tsar Peter the Great would like them in his NAVY. Very Happy
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Gender ethics in the military Empty Re: Gender ethics in the military

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:17 pm

Real girls!

In the West we'd have a troop of "trans-women" shaking their fake tits while libtard SJWs wave rainbow flags and some pet cuck of a navy spokesman struggles to mix LGBTQWERTY themes into the speech without making it sound contrived (yes, an impossible task).  Suspect
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:

Real girls!

In the West we'd have a troop of "trans-women" shaking their fake tits while libtard SJWs wave rainbow flags and some pet cuck of a navy spokesman struggles to mix LGBTQWERTY themes into the speech without making it sound contrived (yes, an impossible task).  Suspect

This Russian drums team girls are often present at ship launching ceremonies in StP. It seems in Russia in girl's groups are still real girls members. But if I understand you correctly, in the West political correctness already enforced LGBT quotas in girl's groups. And the West still thinks, they could win in war against real power. They could not defend themselves even against muslim immigrants. lol1
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:59 am

medo wrote:This Russian drums team girls are often present at ship launching ceremonies in StP. It seems in Russia in girl's groups are still real girls members. But if I understand you correctly, in the West political correctness already enforced LGBT quotas in girl's groups. And the West still thinks, they could win in war against real power. They could not defend themselves even against muslim immigrants. lol1

Russian troops don't have to undergo training in Gender Studies or Diversity Appreciation, and don't have to accept female combat troops who will only be a &ucking burden and pain in the arse in actual combat operation.  They also don't need to tolerate the prancing fags who demand the right to be openly "gay and proud".  Russian combat vets in leadership roles don't get their ticket punched because they remark to their men that they don't do that "faggot stuff".  Suspect

NATOstani combat forces are being steadily cucked, but that's a good thing.  Sun Tzu said that when your enemy is making a mistake, don't interrupt him....  Twisted Evil

Apologies for OT, but this "issue" makes my blood boil like nothing else does...
    hoom

Post  hoom Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:42 am

don't have to accept female combat troops who will only be a &ucking burden and pain in the arse in actual combat operation
    Suspect
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klavdiya_Kalugina
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Lobkovskaya
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roza_Shanina
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalya_Kovshova
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatyana_Baramzina
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliya_Moldagulova
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Litvyak
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yekaterina_Budanova

dunno
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:16 am

Not all women r created equal:
    9 Female Warriors Who Made Their Mark On History
    Lozen : The badass warrior woman you've probably never heard of
    Lozen: An Intelligent and Brave Apache Warrior Women
    Lozen fought alongside Victorio, Geronimo
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:Not all women r created equal:

Or Xena from New Zealand  lol1  lol1  lol1 GarryB should know her better

Gender ethics in the military Nbc-cancela-el-reboot-de-xena-la-princesa-guerrera-original
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:47 am

That's fiction!
    Females now serve on the USN SSBNs. There r also some pilots. Don't know how good their performance compared to males.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:38 am

Yeah... thats Lucy... she lives down the street... everyone in New Zealand knows each other... it is not a big place....  What a Face

Regarding this gender respect stuff and feminism... in Desert Storm there was a ship nicknamed the Love Boat, because over half the crew were women... the Navy was so proud... so many brownie points I am surprised they didn't send a camera crew and make a TV show about them... except when it came time to actually go to Desert Storm to a real war something like 80% of the women crew suddenly got pregnant and couldn't go... obviously the ship couldn't go without replacement crew.

I remember reading Soldier of Fortune magazine in the 80s and 90s and they would talk about units with women in them where the men did the extra work to cover for the fact that the women were not physically strong enough to do their job... officers would see logistics units shifting boxes of ammo... what they didn't see was that the boxes were empty because the women in the unit couldn't move the full boxes... that is training to win...

Career soldiers couldn't say anything... one soldier left the army because he said to one woman recruit that was struggling to handle the M60 machine gun that she didn't need to worry because she would likely never get to use it... I say left, but I mean kicked...

Made my blood boil too...

Gender ethics in the military 72672_10

Females now serve on the USN SSBNs. There r also some pilots. Don't know how good their performance compared to males.

There are some jobs women are better than men at... I have read that being a sniper requires patience and women can be very good at it, but when you mix in PC where she is in the job because if she can't get combat roles it hurts her chance of promotion... even though most women tend to get promoted faster than men anyway... because we don't want to be seen as sexist... if you can promote a man or a woman you promote the woman or risk being labelled sexist...

Last edited by GarryB on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:59 am

Yes, in boot camp they r not pushed as hard as guys. Sexual assaults r all time high in the US military, & a few years back 1 female B-52 pilot was kicked out of the AF for adultery. Some die for their stupidity, like sticking a screwdriver in a hole on a mounted a/c tire & loosing her head, & jumping out of a truck cab while it was falling on its side. So it's a mixed bag.
    China, NK & Israel also have female combat troops- again, don't know how good they r at their jobs.
    kumbor

Post  kumbor Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:44 pm

GarryB wrote:
    According to available data, economic speed of pr/677 SSK on batteries is 650NM @3knots, which is a decent figure, not far from stirling driven swedish boats. If future russian AIP can achieve 1000NM range @, say, 6 knots it can be real step forward! It corresponds to 4x bigger energy capacity, or something like that.

Russian subs don't have to go anywhere, the real value in AIP is not having to surface.

Off the top of my head I seem to remember the stats being something like the Kilo can stay underwater for 5-7 days, while the Lada with the new batteries can do more than twice that, and with the AIP it extends to 3-4 weeks underwater but not zipping round at high speed of course.

The talk was that the new batteries plus the AIP basically made them nuke powered equivalents in terms of time underwater... but without the speed of a nuke of course.

Their sensors and equipment including land attack cruise missiles and the like also make them nuke like in performance... but as mentioned the first in the series did not meet expectations to start with... they found and fixed the problems and now they are finishing number two and three and likely making one or two more.

Yeah... thats Lucy... she lives down the street... everyone in New Zealand knows each other... it is not a big place....  What a Face

Regarding this gender respect stuff and feminism... in Desert Storm there was a ship nicknamed the Love Boat, because over half the crew were women... the Navy was so proud... so many brownie points I am surprised they didn't send a camera crew and make a TV show about them... except when it came time to actually go to Desert Storm to a real war something like 80% of the women crew suddenly got pregnant and couldn't go... obviously the ship couldn't go without replacement crew.

I remember reading Soldier of Fortune magazine in the 80s and 90s and they would talk about units with women in them where the men did the extra work to cover for the fact that the women were not physically strong enough to do their job... officers would see logistics units shifting boxes of ammo... what they didn't see was that the boxes were empty because the women in the unit couldn't move the full boxes... that is training to win...

Career soldiers couldn't say anything... one soldier left the army because he said to one woman recruit that was struggling to handle the M60 machine gun that she didn't need to worry because she would likely never get to use it... I say left, but I mean kicked...

Made my blood boil too...

Gender ethics in the military 72672_10

There are some jobs women are better than men at... I have read that being a sniper requires patience and women can be very good at it, but when you mix in PC where she is in the job because if she can't get combat roles it hurts her chance of promotion... even though most women tend to get promoted faster than men anyway... because we don't want to be seen as sexist... if you can promote a man or a woman you promote the woman or risk being labelled sexist...

There is a clear difficulty for women to fly supersonic fighter plane. With high G numbers breast bounce wildly and tend to fly off! it`s not funny, it is very painful and even dangerous. Also during monthly cycles the "content" is prone to leak furiously when flying high G and manoeuvering fast!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:00 am

Actually women are generally shorter than men and therefore better able to handle high g forces, but I agree that statistically women are not aggressive killers, so therefore will not relentlessly hunt down a kill opponents... but then not all men are like that either.

Of course there were quite a few Soviet snipers that were rather effective during WWII, and of course the Night Witches showed they could be effective night attack bomber crews too.

I remember reading an account by a German officer where early in the war his unit took a village that had be rather well protected by an anti aircraft gun that stopped the German forces for quite some time and did some serious damage to the German unit... he was quite shocked when they finally killed them and found it was a female AA gun unit... he said he illusions of just walking into the Soviet Union like they walked into other European states just was not going to happen this time...

Of course during war time things are different... sometimes everyone has to fight. I understand that.

The problem I have is... I am a female... I should be put in a combat unit otherwise it will effect my promotion prospects... even if I don't deserve promotion and would be totally useless to any unit I was assigned to.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Gender ethics in the military Empty Gender ethics in the military

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:55 am

GarryB wrote:Actually women are generally shorter than men and therefore better able to handle high g forces, but I agree that statistically women are not aggressive killers, so therefore will not relentlessly hunt down a kill opponents... but then not all men are like that either.

Of course there were quite a few Soviet snipers that were rather effective during WWII, and of course the Night Witches showed they could be effective night attack bomber crews too.

I remember reading an account by a German officer where early in the war his unit took a village that had be rather well protected by an anti aircraft gun that stopped the German forces for quite some time and did some serious damage to the German unit... he was quite shocked when they finally killed them and found it was a female AA gun unit... he said he illusions of just walking into the Soviet Union like they walked into other European states just was not going to happen this time...

Of course during war time things are different... sometimes everyone has to fight. I understand that.

The problem I have is... I am a female... I should be put in a combat unit otherwise it will effect my promotion prospects... even if I don't deserve promotion and would be totally useless to any unit I was assigned to.

You need to get that entitlement out of your head, it's like this you try for the unit you want if you make it you do, I would not follow the orders of a commander who did not earn their position. I do agree woman aren't as effective as men in frontline combat, personal experience tells me they ain't. I'll provide some examples.

1. One day we were on Patrol in Afghan, we had a woman with us, her period came and well we had to drop out of it.

2. One was unable to keep up with us, she got tired quicker and so again we had to drop out.

3. She had to carry a lighter load of gear and has a result others had to carry some of it for her.

4. In simulated combat, woman are more maneuverable but are more limited than their male equals due to physical ability. They performed lower in all standards, I mean sure you can find those 1 or two here and there who can do it, but those are rare.

In positions where like you said they simply sit in an aircraft, man a mounted weapon, that works for them. Heck Assad tends to use woman has vehicle crewman because it works in that way.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:44 am

The problem as I see it is some people don't believe things are right until half the people are x, where x is the minority/victim.

That might be native american, or gay, or a woman, or whatever.

The problem is that people should be where they are on merit, not because we needed two more women or two more gays to get some artificial feeling of equality.

Putting someone in a job for any reason other than they are the best choice for the job is stupid and wrong.

Whether you got the job because your daddy owns the company, or because you are black and a gay and a woman and we don't have enough of those on staff yet... it is not good for an effective work environment... especially if you can't criticise them and any mistakes they make get blamed on those around them.

4. In simulated combat, woman are more maneuverable but are more limited than their male equals due to physical ability. They performed lower in all standards, I mean sure you can find those 1 or two here and there who can do it, but those are rare.

But the problem is that the few that would be good wont be given a fair go because she just seems like another token woman for the PR department to interview and put in adverts for the Armed forces...

The other problem is that if one can do it they might demand 50% representation of females... or all female units...

I have no problem with women in the military, but they need to earn it like everyone else.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:53 pm