Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Share
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2418
    Points : 2435
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  eehnie on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:32 am

    salt on
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:43 am

    miketheterrible wrote:Russians cant drive worth shit.  And this is just an example of it.  I hope the guy in the white car is alive, but I hope he/she will face the full arm of the law.  There needs to be much stricter rules of the road.
    Can't see that that guy did anything wrong, he slowed down behind the first car and pulled sufficiently to the side of the road for the van to pass him. It was the third car's driver/car that caused the crash. For some reason he didn't or couldn't slow down fast enough. I suspect that the car did not have ABS and or good tyres as it looks as if he was skidding out of control until he hit the white SUV and van virtually simultaneously. He then paid the ultimate price.

    According to the MoD the General has not died.

    T-47

    Posts : 219
    Points : 219
    Join date : 2017-07-17
    Location : Planet Earth

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  T-47 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:33 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    Can't see that that guy did anything wrong, he slowed down behind the first car and pulled sufficiently to the side of the road for the van to pass him. It was the third car's driver/car that caused the crash. For some reason he didn't or couldn't slow down fast enough. I suspect that the car did not have ABS and or good tyres as it looks as if he was skidding out of control until he hit the white SUV and van virtually simultaneously. He then paid the ultimate price.

    According to the MoD the General has not died.


    The guy did completely wrong man. He turned his left and came right into the van, while the thing he should've done is to turn right. It'd take him in the bushes the car might got flipped (worst case) several times but he had A LOT better chance of surviving. Even if he died there would be only one causality.
    avatar
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1444
    Points : 1605
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 21
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:10 pm

    The guy was just a brainless retard who thought he was king of the road and tried to overtake the 2 cars in front of him while not giving a shit about cars in the opposite lane.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:16 pm

    Final comment from me. I think you are both wrong. I have been driving for nearly 55 years and over 1m km, in my experience there was no way that car was set up for a passing manoeuvrer. Look at the vid at the start of 21 seconds the driver is under 10m from the car in front with no hope of slowing quickly enough, the van is still in front of him and he has no chance of steering round the car in front. As I said before I believe that driver had his foot hard on the brake as he slid out of control to his death. His only hope was to have gone square into the SUV or into the side of the road but if his wheels were locked he couldn't do that.

    But I've never driven in Russia Very Happy
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12386
    Points : 12865
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  George1 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:52 pm

    Restored the 45th Separate Engineering and Masking Regiment

    As Izvestiya newspaper writes in the article by Alexei Ramm and Yevgeny Andreev, "The Defense Ministry has regained the inflatable regiment, the new military unit will hide the troops from enemy satellites, drones and reconnaissance aircraft, and build fictitious airfields and missile positions," the Russian military department again formed a unique military unit. The 45th separate engineering and camouflage regiment (WWIS) will make important military and social facilities invisible to satellites, reconnaissance aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles. Also, in just a few minutes, servicemen can deploy false artillery positions, missile systems and even build a fictitious airfield. For this purpose, in the arsenal of the regiment there are inflatable models of tanks, guns, infantry fighting vehicles, air defense complexes and other weapons systems. For such an unusual equipment, the 45th regiment received a nickname from the military "inflatable" regiment.

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/2861999.html
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7371
    Points : 7465
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:59 pm


    An unusual article by legendary ultra-liberal parasite Mary Dejevsky

    Russia was the target of Nato's own fake news

    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/russia-zapad-2017-putin-west-fake-news-us-world-war-three-ukraine-belarus-nato-a7961856.html

    And if content isn't unusual enough you also have the joy of watching neocon fluffers accusing her of all people of being Russian stooge in the comment section. Liberal revolution truly eats it's own children...   lol1
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3923
    Points : 3961
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 77
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:15 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    An unusual article by legendary ultra-liberal parasite Mary Dejevsky

    Russia was the target of Nato's own fake news

    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/russia-zapad-2017-putin-west-fake-news-us-world-war-three-ukraine-belarus-nato-a7961856.html

    And if content isn't unusual enough you also have the joy of watching neocon fluffers accusing her of all people of being Russian stooge in the comment section. Liberal revolution truly eats it's own children...   lol1

    Well nothing beats Polish MoD Maciarewicz. He said that Russia is going to use nukes during Zapad maneuvers. Then his spokesman explained that this was about nuclear assault on Warsaw. But he is a beautiful mind anyway.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2858
    Points : 2840
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  miketheterrible on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:28 am

    So regarding the helicopter rockets fire incident. So apparently it was the fault of the fire control system. Once its master system was turned on, it instantly fired the rockets. So there seemed to have been a malfunction with it as it detected the trigger to fire when it shouldn't have. So I imagine they will have to ground Ka-52's to find out why this malfunctioned happened.

    As for Poland making really stupid comments, you don't have to go far and see Ukraine makes the same equal stupid comments. If Poolacks are dumb enough to vote these people in and believe their horseshit, they deserve everything bad they get as a people. Fuck them.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7371
    Points : 7465
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:39 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    An unusual article by legendary ultra-liberal parasite Mary Dejevsky

    Russia was the target of Nato's own fake news

    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/russia-zapad-2017-putin-west-fake-news-us-world-war-three-ukraine-belarus-nato-a7961856.html

    And if content isn't unusual enough you also have the joy of watching neocon fluffers accusing her of all people of being Russian stooge in the comment section. Liberal revolution truly eats it's own children...   lol1

    Well nothing beats Polish MoD Maciarewicz. He said that Russia is going to use nukes during Zapad maneuvers. Then his spokesman explained that this was about nuclear assault on Warsaw. But  he is a beautiful mind anyway.

    See this is why I am against ban on nuclear tests. 

    3 decades without a mushroom cloud and everyone thinks that nukes are toys to be used at random and that WW3 will look like Call of Duty 4... . No
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3923
    Points : 3961
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 77
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:46 pm

    PapaDragon wrote: See this is why I am against ban on nuclear tests. 

    3 decades without a mushroom cloud and everyone thinks that nukes are toys to be used at random and that WW3 will look like Call of Duty 4... . No


    Maciarewicz is already on non curable stage I am afraid.  As for nukes as long as neocons in US do not really believe AMD will protect them form retaliatory strike MAD is gonna keep workin



    miketheterrible wrote:

    As for Poland making really stupid comments, you don't have to go far and see Ukraine makes the same equal stupid comments.  If Poolacks are dumb enough to vote these people in and believe their horseshit, they deserve everything bad they get as a people. Fuck them.

    well, you know I am a Pole Smile not big fan of Maciarewicz and gov policy tho
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12386
    Points : 12865
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  George1 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:38 am

    Russian Ground Forces to hold 7 international exercises next year — commander

    The exercises will involve servicemen from more than ten states

    MOSCOW, September 29. /TASS/. The Russian Ground Forces plan to hold seven joint international military exercises, involving servicemen from over 10 states, Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Ground Forces Col. Gen. Oleg Salyukov said in an interview published on Friday.

    "As far as joint international exercises are concerned, year 2018 will have a more intense schedule. We plan seven exercises involving army units from more than ten states," he said in an interview with the Krasnaya Zvezda paper.

    During the next year, Russia will be visited by chiefs of ground forces of India, China, Japan, Indonesia, Laos and Thailand. Russian ground forces representatives, in turn, will visit Chile, China, India and Algeria.

    Two international exercises are to take place until the end of 2017 - the Russian-Indian Indra-2017 exercise on October 19-29 and the Unbreakable Brotherhood war games within the framework of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO), to be held in Kazakhstan in October.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/968049
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12386
    Points : 12865
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  George1 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:01 am

    Tactical exercises at the Predboy training ground

    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3091
    Points : 3123
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  franco on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:12 am

    Practicing to fight ISIS...
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3091
    Points : 3123
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  franco on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:06 pm

    Today is Ground Forces Day (October 1st)

    https://www.youtube.com/embed/8FKD4-FxUXI?rel=0&wmode=transparent
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12386
    Points : 12865
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  George1 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:31 am

    Western MD formations received about 200 samples of armament

    Units of the Western military district combined-arms army with its headquarters located in the Voronezh region are reequipped and set.

    “Units and headquarters of motorised rifle divisions in 2017 received about 200 samples of armaments, military and special hardware. There are BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicles, BTR-82A armoured personnel carriers, BREM-1 armoured repair-and-evacuation vehicles, 2A65 Msta-B, KamAZ-5350 Mustang and KamAZ-63501 Medved’, 9K51M Tornado-G multiple-launch missile systems, MTO-UB2 universal maintenance workshops, REM-KL repair-and-evacuation wheel cars, Tigr and Rys’ armoured automobiles,” said Commander of the WMD combined-arms army Major General Alexander Peryazev.

    Also by the end of this year, it is planned to receive about 50 units of military and special hardware. Automobile and armoured vehicles, missile-and-artillery armaments are among them.

    http://eng.mil.ru/en/news_page/country/more.htm?id=12144438@egNews
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12386
    Points : 12865
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  George1 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:59 pm

    Expedition of advanced technology for the Russian Ministry of Defense in the desert





















    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/2883125.html

    Project Canada

    Posts : 663
    Points : 666
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  Project Canada on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 pm

    ^^^ if i may ask, where is that place? I didn't imagine there is a vast desert spot inside Russia, must be somewhere in Astrakhan?
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12386
    Points : 12865
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  George1 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:48 pm

    Project Canada wrote:^^^ if i may ask, where is that place? I didn't  imagine there is a vast desert spot inside Russia, must be somewhere in Astrakhan?

    Astrakhan region and Kalmykia
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3091
    Points : 3123
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  franco on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:03 pm

    Today is Military Communications Day.

    Not noticed by many but one of the major improvements that has happened and continues happening is the major upgrade in Military Communications throughout the Russian Defense Forces. The Georgian military action revealed how poor the system had sunk to and how important it was to have. Immense amount of money and new equipment purchases have gone into this along with a supporting very deep IT complex.
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3091
    Points : 3123
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  franco on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:00 pm

    A detailed look into some of the new communication systems in the Russian Military;

    https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20171020/1507250220.html




    Anonymous Fighter

    Posts : 14
    Points : 26
    Join date : 2017-11-06

    Amazing Russian Road Laying Vehicle...

    Post  Anonymous Fighter on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:03 pm

    avatar
    Ives

    Posts : 46
    Points : 60
    Join date : 2017-11-09

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  Ives on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:30 pm

    Is that just for military use?

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1383
    Points : 1385
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  Big_Gazza on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:32 am

    Doesn't look like a military vehicle, its clearly civvie. Probably developed to improve key roads in Russian regions (where conditions on unsealed roads can be atrocious due to poor weather).
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12386
    Points : 12865
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  George1 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:54 am

    The Russian Military Police

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #2

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:22 pm