Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Share

    hoom

    Posts : 1309
    Points : 1299
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom on 08/12/16, 08:39 am

    New pic from http://kuleshovoleg.livejournal.com/513762.html (mostly about the Pella factory)

    hoom

    Posts : 1309
    Points : 1299
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom on 22/12/16, 03:40 pm

    Number 5 (Alive!) coming up http://vz.ru/news/2016/12/22/850722.html
    Google translate wrote:The representative of the Department of Information and Mass Communications of the Ministry of Defense for the Navy Igor Dygalo announced tab on the St. Petersburg shipyard "Pella" five small missile ship Project 22800 "Karakurt", which will be given the name of "The Tempest".

    Tab will be made on Saturday, December 24, reports RIA "Novosti" .
    Буря Burya = The Tempest.
    Kinda surprised at another for Pella without a 2nd at Kerch/starting one at Zelenodolsk.

    Edit:
    Hurricane, Typhoon, Storm, Squall & Tempest, appropriately boisterous names, though with a class name Black Widow kinda weird not to be using insect names?
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7233
    Points : 7327
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon on 23/12/16, 01:55 am

    hoom wrote:Number 5 (Alive!) coming up http://vz.ru/news/2016/12/22/850722.html
    Google translate wrote:The representative of the Department of Information and Mass Communications of the Ministry of Defense for the Navy Igor Dygalo announced tab on the St. Petersburg shipyard "Pella" five small missile ship Project 22800 "Karakurt", which will be given the name of "The Tempest".

    Tab will be made on Saturday, December 24, reports RIA "Novosti" .
    Буря Burya = The Tempest.
    Kinda surprised at another for Pella without a 2nd at Kerch/starting one at Zelenodolsk.

    Zelenodolsk probably still has production capacities clogged up because of engine delays for Buyans that are under construction there. At least that would be my best guess.  



    Edit:
    Hurricane, Typhoon, Storm, Squall & Tempest, appropriately boisterous names, though with a class name Black Widow kinda weird not to be using insect names?

    Maybe they think that ''RNS Termite'' does not have the same ring to it?   lol1
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3046
    Points : 3078
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  franco on 24/12/16, 04:56 pm

    Pella shipbuilding in St Petersburg to build eighteen 22800's through 2022.

    https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20161224/1484514598.html
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12194
    Points : 12673
    Join date : 2011-12-23
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  George1 on 25/12/16, 03:38 am

    Fourth small missile ship Project 22800 laid down











    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2343935.html
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7233
    Points : 7327
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon on 25/12/16, 03:43 am

    franco wrote:Pella shipbuilding in St Petersburg to build eighteen 22800's through 2022.

    https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20161224/1484514598.html

    18 in Pella alone? Damn, they are really embracing that whole ''distributed lethality'' concept.

    Smart move, give the low level gig to these things and free up bigger ships for proper work.


    Also, noticing anything different on this plate?


    hoom

    Posts : 1309
    Points : 1299
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom on 03/01/17, 08:42 pm

    Interesting that it appears to be a late addition to the plate, can see the darker outline of AK-630 as on the earlier plates Suspect
    Someone forgot to send the updated profile to the laser guy or late finalisation that the naval Pantsir would actually be on this one?

    18 in Pella alone?
    Well 18 was the total build quoted for a while, Pella own the Kerch shipyard so ships built there can be called 'built by Pella' & if Zelenodolsk is too busy...

    Edit: also some pics of the 76mm gun from Balancer forum




    hoom

    Posts : 1309
    Points : 1299
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom on 05/01/17, 05:42 am

    LCS be cryin' so hard Sad (Via Balancers again)

    Seems to confirm the panel radar only on front faces of the mast.
    Also note that the plate shows the Pantsir up on a pedestal with the top nearly same height as the mast while the model & render show it quite a lot lower. Wonder which will prove correct?
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7233
    Points : 7327
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon on 05/01/17, 06:42 am

    hoom wrote:LCS be cryin' so hard Sad (Via Balancers again)

    Seems to confirm the panel radar only on front faces of the mast.
    Also note that the plate shows the Pantsir up on a pedestal with the top nearly same height as the mast while the model & render show it quite a lot lower. Wonder which will prove correct?

    Neither. Both are just promo guesswork. We won't know for certain until first one is floated out.

    Remember first image of this thing? It showed AK CIWS instead of Pantsir. Not exactly tiny detail.

    God knows what else will change later on. And don't get me started on difference between original Buyan and Buyan-M version. That was one crazy upgrade. I am sure Karakurts will be getting crazy as well later in production.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7233
    Points : 7327
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon on 10/03/17, 07:39 am


    According to this Vostochnaya Verf Vladivostok might get contact to build 22800 ships:

    http://nortwolf-sam.livejournal.com/1841482.html

    hoom

    Posts : 1309
    Points : 1299
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom on 10/03/17, 05:10 pm

    Makes sense since Komsomolsk-on-Amur is out.
    They're building some Rubin class patrol ships.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7233
    Points : 7327
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon on 10/03/17, 05:31 pm

    hoom wrote:Makes sense since Komsomolsk-on-Amur is out.
    They're building some Rubin class patrol ships.

    That's a Coast Guard contract. Those are fine ships (not warships but lot bigger than Karakurts), more of them the better.

    And I wouldn't say they are out. They still have those Buyan-Ms that got delayed over engines and taking up space so until they sort that out they will not he able to commit to anything new.

    Although I assumed they would be building Okean class and not Rubin. Probably imported parts problem again so they switched to Rubin.

    Now if Navy would only apply this multiple shipyard approach to frigates it would be fantastic....

    marat

    Posts : 224
    Points : 222
    Join date : 2015-04-26

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  marat on 11/03/17, 01:51 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    hoom wrote:Makes sense since Komsomolsk-on-Amur is out.
    They're building some Rubin class patrol ships.

    That's a Coast Guard contract. Those are fine ships (not warships but lot bigger than Karakurts), more of them the better.

    And I wouldn't say they are out. They still have those Buyan-Ms that got delayed over engines and taking up space so until they sort that out they will not he able to commit to anything new.

    Although I assumed they would be building Okean class and not Rubin. Probably imported parts problem again so they switched to Rubin.

    Now if Navy would only apply this multiple shipyard approach to frigates it would be fantastic....

    Buyan in KoA? Are you sure?
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7233
    Points : 7327
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon on 11/03/17, 02:00 am

    marat wrote:..........

    Buyan in KoA? Are you sure?

    Crap, you are right. Embarassed

    I mixed up Komsomolsk with Zelenodolsk. Russian cities can get confusing...
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7233
    Points : 7327
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon on 17/03/17, 07:46 pm


    Another Karakurt laid down at Feodosia, Crimea. Name is Ohotsk. russia

    This is second in Crimea and sixth overall I think. Nice, this is how you build a ship class! thumbsup

    https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/91497/

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7233
    Points : 7327
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon on 17/03/17, 10:07 pm


    Also, photo of Uragan from December. Anything new on it or just business as usual?


    hoom

    Posts : 1309
    Points : 1299
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom on 18/03/17, 07:53 am

    Sweet Smile

    Different pic of the plate via Balancer

    Plate has gained a couple of radomes that have been missing on previous ones, Pantsir mount is still on the raised plinth.
    Compare with


    Video but not really anything interesting to see

    Would have been nice to see progress pic of the other one cry

    http://flotprom.ru/2017/%D0%97%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%B4%D0%B02/
    Zvezda has hired 100 more staff but are still behind on engine production.

    http://flotprom.ru/2017/%D0%97%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%B4%D0%B03/
    They've also launched a new transmission production facility.


    Also, photo of Uragan from December. Anything new on it or just business as usual?
    Very similar to the one George1 posted in Dec.
    Main thing is the radar panel holes in the mast (still no sign of clarification as to what actual radar is going there), some bridge window holes. In the George1 pic you can see there seems to be a size issue with fairleads on the bow.

    Edit: Another angle from Dec

    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  ult on 18/03/17, 05:40 pm

    Picture of Storm in Feodosiya.


    hoom

    Posts : 1309
    Points : 1299
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom on 18/03/17, 05:52 pm

    Cool, coming along nicely thumbsup

    That angle/lens makes it look super small like a forced perspective movie set scratch
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1815
    Points : 1966
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  TheArmenian on 18/03/17, 06:02 pm

    I am really pleased to see that the "More" shipyard in Feodosiya (Crimea) is now seriously back in the naval shipbuilding business.

    More (Feodosiya) and Zaliv (Kerch) are the two Crimean shipyards that churned up large numbers of warships in Soviet times. From small torpedo boats to frigates. They are both back in business now. Zaliv even built a nuclear powered large icebreaker/cargo ship (the Sevmorput).

    The return of Crimea to Russia in 2014 is thus far the greatest event of the 21st century.
    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1357
    Points : 1359
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  Big_Gazza on 18/03/17, 06:20 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:The return of Crimea to Russia in 2014 is thus far the greatest event of the 21st century.

    I think thats actually a fair statement. The return of Crimea to Mother Russia is of ENORMOUS importance and is a 1st-class geo-political victory of the highest order. Crimea, more than anything else, explains the fatal level of butthurt exhibited by the feckless Uh'Murikkkanz and their mewling Eurotrash sycophants.

    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  ult on 18/03/17, 06:24 pm

    More footage in this video. 3rd ship will be laid down in second half of 2017.


    hoom

    Posts : 1309
    Points : 1299
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom on 19/03/17, 06:38 pm

    More (Feodosiya) and Zaliv (Kerch)
    Reading back through the thread I seem to have got quite mixed up on that Embarassed

    The return of Crimea to Russia in 2014 is thus far the greatest event of the 21st century.
    Without getting all political its quite amazing how stark the difference is between all the places US has invaded/regime changed & Crimea: (almost) Everywhere the US has been involved is quite thoroughly borked as a result angry Crimea is better off & undergoing a massive modernisation including breakneck paced construction of the long dreamed of Kerch strait bridge cheers
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1815
    Points : 1966
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  TheArmenian on 23/03/17, 02:23 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Another Karakurt laid down at Feodosia, Crimea. Name is Ohotsk. russia

    This is second in Crimea and sixth overall I think. Nice, this is how you build a ship class! thumbsup

    https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/91497/

    Apparently this is the seventh.
    One vessel was earlier laid down without any announcement. The name is Tziklon (Cyclone).

    The names of the ships laid down are:

    Ураган Uragan
    Тайфун Tayfun
    Шторм Shtorm
    Шквал Shkval
    Буря Burya
    Циклон Tsiklon
    Охотск Okhotsk

    In other news, the first unit(s) will have the PALASH gun/missile system. Later units will receive the naval PANTSYR gun/missile system once it becomes available.

    miroslav

    Posts : 100
    Points : 102
    Join date : 2016-11-16
    Location : Land of Serbia

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  miroslav on 24/03/17, 01:39 am

    [quote="TheArmenian"]
    PapaDragon wrote:
    In other news, the first unit(s) will have the PALASH gun/missile system. Later units will receive the naval PANTSYR gun/missile system once it becomes available.

    This is very serious armament for a ship that is 65 meter long, a fine universal gun, 8 big missiles, superb point defense from the air, 4 of these ships in the Northern and 4 in the Black fleet can do a lot work for their size, very nice.

    Lets not forget that almost no ship in NATO (excluding the USA) has a capability to perform a tactical or strategic land missile attack, deep in land that is.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 16/11/18, 01:32 pm