Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

US/NATO Armed Forces vs Russian Armed Forces

Odin of Ossetia

Re: US/NATO Armed Forces vs Russian Armed Forces

Post  Odin of Ossetia on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:01 am

U.S. Military Triples Anti-RPG Weapons on Europe-bound Tanks

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/04/12/army-triples-abrams-tank-rpg-killing-weapons-bound-for-europe.html

They are getting ready to fight Russia.

GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:52 am

Perhaps they want to get involved in the Ukraine... this will be interesting...
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:10 am

franco wrote:A look into how the US views the Russian forces and tactics.

https://info.publicintelligence.net/AWG-RussianNewWarfareHandbook.pdf

I agree with Garry, This needs to be put in the propaganda section.

Reading this, i would not know where to start to comment on based from my own experiences within NATO and the U.S Millitary.

The U.S Millitary is very good at digging its own grave to defeat in combat. It always sees itself as an force that is unmatched in terms of skill, firepower and technology. Groslly misrepresenting the true enemy's strength and capability's. And always acts according to exactly that. This forms and very fragile glass bubble around their psyche that bursts at the first signs things are not as uncle sam advertised. And usually its already too late at this point.

In Afghanistan, Americans lost almost entire platoons in single ambushes because as soon the dying starts and command structure starts falling appart the individual american soldier is overwhelmed that things could have gone so badly while since basic training they where told they where "unmatched". And even questioning this line of "superiority" or being self-critical is seen as betrayal inside the U.S Millitary.

even when their own dead are loaded up in cargo aircraft and send back to the States they do not even question that they might have been wrong in their assumptions. even major tactical blunders and failure of leadership are ignored.
    Altough, this may have also been atributed because the U.S Milltary can not keep up filling up the rotation spots for their missions in foreign country's. Americans that did their tour in Iraq and assuming they where going home, often get told they get two weeks R&R in Europe before going for another Tour in Afghanistan without prior notice. They litterally might need every breathing body, regardless of skill.

NATO troops themselves have grown disillusioned working with the U.S Millitary during the past decade of war in the middle east. NATO's Millitary's have functioned as auxillary forces to the U.S itself in its foreign adventures of course. In the field however, U.S Millitary actions often irritated and angered their NATO counterparts.

Americans are seen as violent, trigger happy. unsensitive to collateral damage and disrespectfull to others. Untrustworthy and likely to shoot you in the back if the situation demanded it from them. During my stay at Camp Holland in Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan. Dutch And Australian Troops grew a deep dislike for american forces.

If it became actual war in Europe, or in this case Ukraine. No sane NATO soldier would stand with the americans in the conflict against Donbass or even Russia. Far too much incidents already happened between EU army's and the U.S forces in mission zones.

The crippling internal issues within EU NATO countries itself is also a list that never ends.

This manual is simply pure fantasy.

If i where an U.S soldier going to Ukraine, I'd trade it in for an English-Russian wordbook and use a permanent marker to encircle "dont shoot" and "i surrender".

franco

Post  franco on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:06 pm

It is propaganda. And I served too... just before your time Wink
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:16 am

franco wrote:It is propaganda. And I served too... just before your time Wink  

I know Franco, i hope my reply did not came across as personal as i certainly did not meanth it like that.

In the past i just had maybe a little too much to deal with "american exceptionalism" in the mission zones. So nowadays when i see them doing it i tend to start to get slightly irritated they just go down the same road they always gone. when responding out of emotion, its not always purely objectively and from an neutral standpoint.

Out of curiosity, are you willing to share something about your service?. like when,witch country and particular branch?. i can not remember reading where you where active. i do not mind doing it trough Private Messaging if it makes you more comfortable if you do not want to do it in public.

If you rather not, no hard feelings of course.

GarryB

Post  GarryB on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:22 am

The U.S Millitary is very good at digging its own grave to defeat in combat.

To be fair that is not just the US... the Soviets thought they just had to go to Afghanistan and restore order and everything would be fine... and it was probably the same with the British when they went into Afghanistan... what is it now... 5 times... and kicked out each time.

Under estimating your enemy is so easy to do... I remember a family friend who fought in WWII in the Pacific war saying his commanders had told him that the Japs would be easy to beat as their planes were made of rice paper and could not even fly in the rain... he said they learned very quickly that they had an excellent navy and very professional pilots and rather capable planes... and the conflict would not have been so one sided if the US wasn't intercepting and reading their orders.

But in this day and age only a fool thinks the enemy is going to be an easy beat... that is why I am against Russia just rolling in to the Baltics or the Ukraine and trying to take over... these countries could never beat Russia in a fair fight, but the fight would never be fair... it would be a guerilla fight... the chechens showed they knew what they were doing... like the Finns, or the Vietnamese... and I would suspect the Scottish.

Here in New Zealand we didn't wipe out the Maori... we ended up having to have a peace treaty and then stole their land using the white mans laws.
    If the British had not been so full of their own superiority they could have learned a lot about trench warfare from the Maori... but they were superior asses...

In Australia the white men treated the locals poorly... until about 1967 they were counted as Flora and fauna...

Americans are seen as violent, trigger happy. unsensitive to collateral damage and disrespectfull to others. Untrustworthy and likely to shoot you in the back if the situation demanded it from them.

Sounds like an American policeman... to a black person especially.

But where would they learn respect from... US presidents have been demonising leaders of other countries for the last 5 or 6 decades... if Gorby is the head of the evil empire then what does that make a Soviet citizen?

In the 1990s all Iraqis were bad, but then it was Saddam and his lot that were bad and Iraqis were OK... to the point where it was worth an invasion to save them... even though they killed more Iraqis than Saddam ever did to save them from Saddam.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:58 pm