Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Rising HIV epidemic in Russia.

KomissarBojanchev

Rising HIV epidemic in Russia.

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:12 am

Is this a myth? Because every single western propaganda source is now parroting this trend. I've seen statistics, and the HIV rates do seem to be rising. Apparentlt its because health clinics dont have enough money to afford sterile needles.
    kvs

Re: Rising HIV epidemic in Russia.

Post  kvs on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:25 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:Is this a myth? Because every single western propaganda source is now parroting this trend. I've seen statistics, and the HIV rates do seem to be rising. Apparentlt its because health clinics dont have enough money to afford sterile needles.

There is a hysteria every several years where all sorts of worms come out of the woodwork in Russia to pronounce doom and
    gloom.

1) No evidence has ever been presented that the previous estimates of doom are on target. That is, they were total
    BS back then and it is crystal clear in hindsight.

2) The projections of doom are devoid of reality. Why is Russia special compared to the USA for example? People are
    well aware of HIV and how to prevent its spread in Russia. Russia does not have rampant homosexualism of 1980s
    variety were partners in unprotected sex were a dime a dozen. This leaves the insinuation that Russians fornicate
    outside of married couples like rabbits. I would like to see evidence that unprotected heterosexual sex with multiple
    partners is more widespread than the USA and the EU.

2b) Drug use (e.g. heroin) in Russia is not out of control compared to the west. I see no evidence presented that
    drug use is growing out of control.

3) The pattern here is clear. This is anti-Russian propaganda that leverages the standard talking points (memes) that
    Russians are depressed with life under Putin's tyranny, that they have nothing to live for and that Russia is too poor
    to fight HIV. This BS can be shot down real quick with the fact that alcohol consumption in Russia is now lower than
    the lowest it has been in 50 years. It was low in the late 1980s thanks to Gorbachev's draconian, prohibition style
    control of alcohol. The current low consumption is not associated with control but by change in consumer habits.

https://www.unz.com/akarlin/russian-demographics-in-2018/

https://www.unz.com/akarlin/myths-russia-demography/

According to the lie factory BBC the above is "not true" LOL:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42738511

Yeah, really solid evidence there BBC. Maybe you should put up a few more meaningless charts that lump different
    types of alcohol (beer and vodka) together and assume that there is no change in the partitioning into each type.
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:31 am

kvs wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:Is this a myth? Because every single western propaganda source is now parroting this trend. I've seen statistics, and the HIV rates do seem to be rising. Apparentlt its because health clinics dont have enough money to afford sterile needles.

There is a hysteria every several years where all sorts of worms come out of the woodwork in Russia to pronounce doom and
    gloom.

1) No evidence has ever been presented that the previous estimates of doom are on target.   That is, they were total
    BS back then and it is crystal clear in hindsight.

2) The projections of doom are devoid of reality.   Why is Russia special compared to the USA for example?   People are
    well aware of HIV and how to prevent its spread in Russia.   Russia does not have rampant homosexualism of 1980s
    variety were partners in unprotected sex were a dime a dozen.    This leaves the insinuation that Russians fornicate
    outside of married couples like rabbits.   I would like to see evidence that unprotected heterosexual sex with multiple
    partners is more widespread than the USA and the EU.  

2b) Drug use (e.g. heroin) in Russia is not out of control compared to the west.   I see no evidence presented that
    drug use is growing out of control.

3) The pattern here is clear.  This is anti-Russian propaganda that leverages the standard talking points (memes) that
    Russians are depressed with life under Putin's tyranny, that they have nothing to live for and that Russia is too poor
    to fight HIV.    This BS can be shot down real quick with the fact that alcohol consumption in Russia is now lower than
    the lowest it has been in 50 years.    It was low in the late 1980s thanks to Gorbachev's draconian, prohibition style
    control of alcohol.   The current low consumption is not associated with control but by change in consumer habits.

https://www.unz.com/akarlin/russian-demographics-in-2018/

https://www.unz.com/akarlin/myths-russia-demography/

According to the lie factory BBC the above is "not true" LOL:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42738511

Yeah, really solid evidence there BBC.   Maybe you should put up a few more meaningless charts that lump different
    types of alcohol (beer and vodka) together and assume that there is no change in the partitioning into each type.

I'm specifically talking about HIV, not alchohol. None of the articles you linked me disprove the propaganda about HIV. Also all all HIV statistics for Russia after 2010 show a steady increase. I can't find anything to the contrary.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:33 am

https://www.food-exhibitions.com/Market-Insights/Russia/The-Russian-alcohol-market

Beer and wine are replacing vodka as the largest alcohol products in Russia. That is, alcohol consumption
    in Russia is basically now that of a "normal" country. The BBC can go and f*ck itself.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:34 am

@Bulgarian Troll

F*ck off and do your own research.
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:35 am

kvs wrote:https://www.food-exhibitions.com/Market-Insights/Russia/The-Russian-alcohol-market

Beer and wine are replacing vodka as the largest alcohol products in Russia.    That is, alcohol consumption
    in Russia is basically now that of a "normal" country.    The BBC can go and f*ck itself.

I'm talking about HIV, not alchohol. Can you read?

https://www.avert.org/professionals/hiv-around-world/eastern-europe-central-asia/russia

According to this article, the needles in the infirmaries in Russian prisons have HIV.
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:37 am

kvs wrote:@Bulgarian Troll

F*ck off and do your own research.

I'm researching now, I simply cant find anything saying to the contrary. None of my go to news sites have any articles about HIV(except Karlin's one articles which is from 2009, so its not actual) in Russia.
    Nibiru

Post  Nibiru on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:59 am

Im not a conspiracy theorist, but I have a strong feeling that the exploding HIV epidemic in Russia is happening because of a 'Helping Hand' from Nato through is agents spread across Russia. 

Russia needs to return the favor and instruct its agents in NATO soil too to help propagate Hiv infection in enemy territory.
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:21 am

Nibiru wrote:Im not a conspiracy theorist, but I have a strong feeling that the exploding HIV epidemic in Russia is happening because of a 'Helping Hand' from Nato through is agents spread across Russia. 

Russia needs to return the favor and instruct its agents in NATO soil too to help propagate Hiv infection in enemy territory.
    And how would that NATO conspiracy work? Does germany sell deliberately infected needles to clinics and drug addicts?
    Hole

Post  Hole on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:19 am

The west got thos "epidemic" in the 80´s and beginning of the 90`s when Russia had nearly zero HIV infections. Russia is sadly catching up with the west because of some changes in lifestyle.

The part with infected needles in prisons or clinis is BS. Do you really think Russians are to dumb to sterilise something?
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Hole wrote:The west got thos "epidemic" in the 80´s and beginning of the 90`s when Russia had nearly zero HIV infections. Russia is sadly catching up with the west because of some changes in lifestyle.

The part with infected needles in prisons or clinis is BS. Do you really think Russians are to dumb to sterilise something?

So you're saying the Russians are only just catching up on safe heterosexual sex practices? This doesnt make sense because in the 2000s Russians were just as promiscuous as they are now but HIV was declining then.
    Hole

Post  Hole on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:02 pm

I meant brothles. Whores. Trips to Thailand.
    The catching up are the rising HIV infections.
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:44 pm

Hole wrote:I meant brothles. Whores. Trips to Thailand.
    The catching up are the rising HIV infections.

You're saying Russia has more whores and brothels now so HIV is rising?
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:37 pm

~90% or more (I think upwards to 98%) is all drug related. People sharing needles for their drugs. There is the odd case that the drug addicted significant other passes it onto their unsuspecting SO through sex. These people are not people you want alive in society anyway cause they do not contribute.
    auslander

Post  auslander on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:27 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:

Yes, and according to the latest statistics from the State Bureau For Counting Whores, 97.22 % of the whores in Russia come from Bulgaria.
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:16 pm

auslander wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:

Yes, and according to the latest statistics from the State Bureau For Counting Whores, 97.22 % of the whores in Russia come from Bulgaria.

Whats ironic is that Bulgaria's HIV rates are declining, unlike Russia's, even though we have just as many drig addicts, more gays and more prostitutes.
    Nibiru

Post  Nibiru on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:37 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:

Whats ironic is that Bulgaria's HIV rates are declining, unlike Russia's, even though we have just as many drig addicts, more gays and more prostitutes.

Thats because Bulgaria is not in NATO's crosshairs unlike Russia, there is no NATO program that seeks to spread HIV infection in Bulgaria so naturally there won't be any drastic increase.
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:12 am

Or you know, we can use actual numbers like: number of drug addicts per 100,000 people, and HIV rate per 100,000, etc instead of stupid bullshit some dumb shit Bulgarian say?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:45 pm