Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Share

    Austin

    Posts : 6837
    Points : 7226
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    reator of the first working ASAT program at world

    Post  Austin on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:33 pm

    NickM wrote:
    Every single Russian (or Chinese or Indian) submarine can be detected by the UK and US. This is why Russian submarines hide under ice sheets to avoid detection and fire their SLBMs from their.

    lol! lol! lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12013
    Points : 12494
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  George1 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:12 pm

    Aerospace Defense Force Detects Reconnaissance Satellites Spying on Russia

    According to commander of the Space Command Maj. Gen. Oleg Maidanovich, Russia's Aerospace Defense Force has recently detected on the orbit a group of reconnaissance satellites spying on Russia.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) – Russia's Aerospace Defense Force (VKO) has recently detected on the orbit a group of reconnaissance satellites spying on Russia, commander of the Space Command Maj. Gen. Oleg Maidanovich said Sunday.

    "Recently the staff of the Main Space Intelligence Center detected a group of newly launched satellites. The group was set to collect intelligence on the devices located on the territory of the Russian Federation," Maidanovich told Russia's Zvezda TV channel.

    He said there was no need to specify the country of origin of the satellites.

    He added that the Main Space Intelligence Center monitors about 20,000 space objects out of a total number of 100,000 on the Earth's orbit. Russia has more than 140 space objects.

    The mission of the Main Space Intelligence Center located in the Moscow Region is to detect satellites, maintain the catalogue of space objects and provide intelligence.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150412/1020783617.html#ixzz3X61bUvzj
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12013
    Points : 12494
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  George1 on Fri May 01, 2015 9:32 am

    Say Cheese! Russia Snaps Photos of Top Secret US Spysats
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12013
    Points : 12494
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  George1 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:13 pm

    Russia Developing Unique Radar Satellite System

    A group of Russian companies are currently cooperating to develop a cutting-age satellite radar system for country’s Defense Ministry.

    The new system will allow for creating a precise 3D model of Earth as well as tracking ground objects.

    "In the beginning of 2015, the Defense Industrial Commission decided that Russia will develop the system on its own. Then, a roadmap was agreed," a source in the industry told the Russian newspaper Izvestia.

    According to the project design, the system will comprise five satellite vehicles. The first launch is scheduled for 2019, the source added.

    The key component of the new system is an active phased array antenna for the on-board radar station.

    Russia’s Roselektronika Company is expected to develop, test and unveil the first Russian-made transmitter-receiver device in the first quarter of 2016.

    Earlier it was reported that the Defense Ministry wanted to purchase a radar system from Airbus Defense and Space (ADS).

    In 2013, Russia’s Lavochkin Research and Production Association won the tender. The company was expected to buy electronic parts for the radar from ADS and then mount them on the satellite platform. After the West imposed sanctions against a number of Russian companies over the Ukrainian crisis the decision was made to develop the entire system in Russia.

    If the project is successful Russia could import such systems, specialists said.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151105/1029632141/russian-radar-satellite.html#ixzz3qcdXt0YH
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2943
    Points : 2968
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  max steel on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:07 pm

    Russian Aerospace Capabilities, Warning Systems to Provide Security by 2021

    The capabilities of intelligence and warning systems will provide for the timely warning of an airspace attack, according to the head of Russia’s Aerospace General Staff.

    Russian Aerospace Forces’ intelligence capabilities and its early missile attack warning systems will provide for the country’s security and response decision-making by 2021, the head of Russia’s Aerospace General Staff said Monday.

    “The capabilities of intelligence systems and warning systems of aerospace enemy attacks will provide for the timely warning of an aerospace attack with the goal of making a decision on responsive actions, including the use of strategic nuclear forces,” Lt.-Gen. Pavel Kurachenko said.
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3022
    Points : 3054
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  franco on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:07 pm

    The Russian military will receive space-based radar system

    The Russian military plans to deploy in Earth orbit constellation of radar satellites of the five exploration spacecraft. The first satellite-radar with active phased array is planned for launch in 2019. The agreement was signed by the Ministry of Defense and Lavochkin. About this newspaper "Izvestia" , citing a source in the command of air and space forces of Russia.

    First, the complex will consist of two spacecraft, then the orbit will be launched three more.

    The new system of electronic surveillance will be located at an altitude of about two thousand kilometers. It will allow the military to "see" live images on the ground in sub-meter resolution. The vagaries of the weather should not affect the quality of the transmitted information.

    In addition, radar satellites have an accurate 3D-model of the Earth necessary for flight missions cruise missiles.

    Earlier, the Ministry of Defense reported that in addition to the orbital satellites, radar group until 2018, more than ten new laser-optical and radio space object recognition systems will be deployed on the territory of Russia.

    From the beginning, the officers of the main intelligence center space situation found and taken to support more than 650 space objects, to control of the in-orbit delivery of more than 180 satellites and termination ballistic existence of 60 space objects.

    VCS Experts issued six warnings on dangerous close encounters of space debris and meteorites Russian satellites constellation, including the International Space Station. It is possible to avoid collisions in orbit. Total duty force ground automated complex FSI Russian control had more than 420,000 sessions with Russian spacecraft constellation.
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3022
    Points : 3054
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  franco on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:49 pm

    Some updates from the Space Forces Command;

    - major upgrades to OKNA and Krona space surveillance systems. The range of OKNA has been increased to 50,000 kms from 40,000.
    - new Glonass K satellites to have a life of 10 years, 2.5 x the old ones.
    - Voronezh installations should be completed and operational by the end of 2019. Four are presently on combat duty, 3 others are coming on duty and the last two are under construction.
    - The space monitoring locations in Crimea, Altai, Buryatia and the Far East are to receive major upgrades.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3757
    Points : 3856
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Space Forces Command

    Post  kvs on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:00 am

    franco wrote:Some updates from the Space Forces Command;

    - new Glonass K satellites to have a life of 10 years, 2.5 x the old ones.

    They must have finally abandoned the pressurized vessel format for their satellites. For some bizarre reason
    the USSR did not develop vacuum-exposed satellites and chose to package the electronics in a pressurized air
    box. The short life was due to this box leaking out its air and not the longevity of the electronics and other
    components.

    Of course all instruments exposed to the vacuum must be designed and tested in vacuum chambers on Earth.
    But this is not a technology Russia cannot handle.

    OK... just found a link that confirms my speculation:

    http://spaceflight101.com/spacecraft/glonass-k1/
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12013
    Points : 12494
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  George1 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:33 am

    Russia’s Space Force deploys high-tech space monitoring systems

    They will make it possible to carry out global non-stop monitoring at all altitudes and angles by 2020, according to the Russian Defense Ministry

    MOSCOW, March 30. /TASS/. Russia’s Space Force has started deploying special new generation ground-based means of space monitoring, the Russian Defense Ministry said.

    "The emergence of four new laser-optical and four radio-technical systems of identification of space objects will make it possible to carry out global non-stop monitoring at all altitudes and angles by 2020," the Defense Ministry said.

    The first laser-optical system of a new generation has already undergone government certification tests and entered duty in the Altai Territory, the Defense Ministry said.

    Since the moment they went operational the space control means have carried out "hundreds of thousands of special works" to identify and keep track of 15,000 space objects, verify the end of the "ballistic existence" of about 5,000 space objects, and issue 300 warnings of dangerous rapprochement of space objects with the operational spacecraft of Russia’s group of satellites.

    New-generation satellites

    Specialists of the Russian Aerospace Force’s Space Troops are carrying out flight development tests of the first satellite of the single space system’s orbital grouping:

    "Specialists of the Aerospace Force’s Space Troops are carrying out flight development tests of the first satellite of the orbital grouping of the single space system that will become the basis of the space echelon of the early missile attack warning system and help considerably reduce the time of detecting the launches of a potential enemy’s ballistic missiles, and also significantly raise the promptness and the reliability of information on warning the country’s military and political leadership about missile threats," the Defense Ministry said.

    The orbital grouping of new-generation satellites of the early missile attack warning system will allow ensuring global control of the territory and the water area of the Earth, the Defense Ministry said.

    "Over the entire period of combat alert, the early missile attack warning system has detected over 1,500 launches of foreign and domestic ballistic missiles and space rockets," the Defense Ministry said.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/938501
    avatar
    Singular_Transform

    Posts : 686
    Points : 680
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  Singular_Transform on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:55 pm

    George1 wrote:Russia’s Space Force deploys high-tech space monitoring systems

    They will make it possible to carry out global non-stop monitoring at all altitudes and angles by 2020, according to the Russian Defense Ministry

    MOSCOW, March 30. /TASS/. Russia’s Space Force has started deploying special new generation ground-based means of space monitoring, the Russian Defense Ministry said.

    "The emergence of four new laser-optical and four radio-technical systems of identification of space objects will make it possible to carry out global non-stop monitoring at all altitudes and angles by 2020," the Defense Ministry said.

    The first laser-optical system of a new generation has already undergone government certification tests and entered duty in the Altai Territory, the Defense Ministry said.

    Since the moment they went operational the space control means have carried out "hundreds of thousands of special works" to identify and keep track of 15,000 space objects, verify the end of the "ballistic existence" of about 5,000 space objects, and issue 300 warnings of dangerous rapprochement of space objects with the operational spacecraft of Russia’s group of satellites.

    New-generation satellites

    Specialists of the Russian Aerospace Force’s Space Troops are carrying out flight development tests of the first satellite of the single space system’s orbital grouping:

    "Specialists of the Aerospace Force’s Space Troops are carrying out flight development tests of the first satellite of the orbital grouping of the single space system that will become the basis of the space echelon of the early missile attack warning system and help considerably reduce the time of detecting the launches of a potential enemy’s ballistic missiles, and also significantly raise the promptness and the reliability of information on warning the country’s military and political leadership about missile threats," the Defense Ministry said.

    The orbital grouping of new-generation satellites of the early missile attack warning system will allow ensuring global control of the territory and the water area of the Earth, the Defense Ministry said.

    "Over the entire period of combat alert, the early missile attack warning system has detected over 1,500 launches of foreign and domestic ballistic missiles and space rockets," the Defense Ministry said.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/938501

    Wow, they managed to manufacture 90nm radhard IR sensors and CPUs.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3757
    Points : 3856
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  kvs on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:06 am

    Singular_Transform wrote:
    George1 wrote:Russia’s Space Force deploys high-tech space monitoring systems

    They will make it possible to carry out global non-stop monitoring at all altitudes and angles by 2020, according to the Russian Defense Ministry

    MOSCOW, March 30. /TASS/. Russia’s Space Force has started deploying special new generation ground-based means of space monitoring, the Russian Defense Ministry said.

    "The emergence of four new laser-optical and four radio-technical systems of identification of space objects will make it possible to carry out global non-stop monitoring at all altitudes and angles by 2020," the Defense Ministry said.

    The first laser-optical system of a new generation has already undergone government certification tests and entered duty in the Altai Territory, the Defense Ministry said.

    Since the moment they went operational the space control means have carried out "hundreds of thousands of special works" to identify and keep track of 15,000 space objects, verify the end of the "ballistic existence" of about 5,000 space objects, and issue 300 warnings of dangerous rapprochement of space objects with the operational spacecraft of Russia’s group of satellites.

    New-generation satellites

    Specialists of the Russian Aerospace Force’s Space Troops are carrying out flight development tests of the first satellite of the single space system’s orbital grouping:

    "Specialists of the Aerospace Force’s Space Troops are carrying out flight development tests of the first satellite of the orbital grouping of the single space system that will become the basis of the space echelon of the early missile attack warning system and help considerably reduce the time of detecting the launches of a potential enemy’s ballistic missiles, and also significantly raise the promptness and the reliability of information on warning the country’s military and political leadership about missile threats," the Defense Ministry said.

    The orbital grouping of new-generation satellites of the early missile attack warning system will allow ensuring global control of the territory and the water area of the Earth, the Defense Ministry said.

    "Over the entire period of combat alert, the early missile attack warning system has detected over 1,500 launches of foreign and domestic ballistic missiles and space rockets," the Defense Ministry said.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/938501

    Wow, they managed to manufacture 90nm radhard IR sensors and CPUs.

    Dude, put the crack pipe down. As if you know anything about the US ICs used in their early warning systems. There was a reason the shuttle was
    using 1980s ICs and it wasn't because they couldn't be bothered to use some consumer weenie CPU mass produced on the smallest process possible
    because random game crashes make no frelling difference. Unless all the electronics are encased in 30 cm of lead, the geometric increase of
    ionizing radiation interference with the inverse of the component size is a show stopper for using your precious latest and greatest, and pointless
    CPUs and RAM. Coarse resolution IC parts with added metal traces are the only radhard parts one can build because of physical limitations and
    not fanboi idiot fantasies.

    BTW, sunhine, they don't make radhard IR sensors. IR sensors (such as the state of the art ones used on science satellites) are CCDs.
    How the f*ck can you make a detector immune to the high energy radiation that it is exposed to by its very design? CCDs are not
    shielded and high resolution is a priority since every pixel carries information. In the real world, the noise is removed by software.
    But you wouldn't know that, troll.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3757
    Points : 3856
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  kvs on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:40 pm

    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/3065053_Total_dose_and_displacement_damage_effects_in_a_radiation-hardened_CMOS_APS

    A radiation hardened APS sensor, built with a 0.5 micron process and having a 25 micron pixel (dot) pitch.

    https://lirias.kuleuven.be/bitstream/123456789/178143/1/paper10b.pdf

    Nice discussion on the difference between a CCD and APS sensor. But look at the scale of the pixels: 18 x 18 microns
    and consisting of 3 transistors.

    Nobody builds 90 nm radiation hardened sensors.

    avatar
    Singular_Transform

    Posts : 686
    Points : 680
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  Singular_Transform on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:20 pm

    kvs wrote:
    Singular_Transform wrote:

    Wow, they managed to manufacture 90nm radhard IR sensors and CPUs.

    Dude, put the crack pipe down. As if you know anything about the US ICs used in their early warning systems. There was a reason the shuttle was
    using 1980s ICs and it wasn't because they couldn't be bothered to use some consumer weenie CPU mass produced on the smallest process possible
    because random game crashes make no frelling difference. Unless all the electronics are encased in 30 cm of lead, the geometric increase of
    ionizing radiation interference with the inverse of the component size is a show stopper for using your precious latest and greatest, and pointless
    CPUs and RAM. Coarse resolution IC parts with added metal traces are the only radhard parts one can build because of physical limitations and
    not fanboi idiot fantasies.

    So, let see the known informations.

    The US has early warning system, russia doesn`t.
    Means Russia missing the technology to make key components to these satelites, and the main issue is the radhard components.

    We know that many satelite failed due to the lack of radhard components.

    The Russian goverment bought a 90nm plant at the begining of 2010 .They started it around 13/14.

    Means that they should finish the first radhard batches of satelite electronics roughtly now, and now they are in the appllicatin design phase.

    The new ICs must be 90nm , simply because they have advanced, 200mm line for this technology.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angstrem_(company)

    The smaller component size means less power consumption. : )


    BTW, sunhine, they don't make radhard IR sensors. IR sensors (such as the state of the art ones used on science satellites) are CCDs.
    How the f*ck can you make a detector immune to the high energy radiation that it is exposed to by its very design? CCDs are not
    shielded and high resolution is a priority since every pixel carries information. In the real world, the noise is removed by software.
    But you wouldn't know that, troll.

    5 mins with google prove that you don`t know that you talk about.
    ?
    You can`t remove the noise by software. The radiation doesn`t introduce noise to the circuit . A gamma photon carry (st leat) 50000 times more energy than a visible photon. The human eye sensitivity is 10 photon.

    Means that one gamma photon will overload not only one pixel, but the neighbroud pixels as well.

    So, with non radhard sensors it will be quite hard to see anything in the van allen belt, and practicaly useless forir observation.
    The radhard cicuits/CCDs are NOT shielde, this are require special manufacturing process/materials to make them radiation resistant.


    The size doesn`t make a circuit radhard, this paramter is nor related to the processing technology.

    They (military) doesn`t use say 14nm technology NOT becasue it is not possible, but because it is extremly expensive.
    The 90nm is very cheap however. : )

    On 14nm the manufacturing tooling and design translation cost 80 millions in dollard, means if you make 80 circuit then each of them will cost 1 million dollar :0

    If the technology is 7nm then the design cost will be 271 million dollars.
    See?
    You can make radhard component on 7 nm even, but if it will be one off sircuit then it will cost more than the whole satelite.
    And if you need say 30 different circuit then the cost will be mindblowingly high.
    avatar
    Singular_Transform

    Posts : 686
    Points : 680
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  Singular_Transform on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:30 pm

    kvs wrote:https://www.researchgate.net/publication/3065053_Total_dose_and_displacement_damage_effects_in_a_radiation-hardened_CMOS_APS

    A radiation hardened APS sensor, built with a 0.5 micron process and having a 25 micron pixel (dot) pitch.

    https://lirias.kuleuven.be/bitstream/123456789/178143/1/paper10b.pdf

    Nice discussion on the difference between a CCD and APS sensor. But look at the scale of the pixels: 18 x 18 microns
    and consisting of 3 transistors.

    Nobody builds 90 nm radiation hardened sensors.


    You think that a research will use the current state of the art technology to conduct experiment?

    Just a sidenote, if you say that a CCD doesn`t require small features technology then it maybe hold same water, but a CMOS require as small features as possible.

    media.the-digital-picture.com/Information/Canon-Full-Frame-CMOS-White-Paper.pdf

    Read wiki pls before talk.

    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2675
    Points : 2657
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:36 pm

    Just a note: KVS works in this industry. So far, we both have argued against you but you tend to ignore us or claim we are wrong with no backup. So it may be in your best interest to stay quiet. So we dont remove doubt about you.
    avatar
    Singular_Transform

    Posts : 686
    Points : 680
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Space Forces Command

    Post  Singular_Transform on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:02 am

    miketheterrible wrote:Just a note: KVS works in this industry. So far, we both have argued against you but you tend to ignore us or claim we are wrong with no backup. So it may be in your best interest to stay quiet. So we dont remove doubt about you.

    The simple fact of sameone workplace dosen't means that he/she has any relevat knowledge about the product/technology/production system of the given place.

    If you do nothing but google throught KVS statements ( and that was quite agressive and trolling) to check the validity of the hard data, and do the same with mine you will see the validity of each statement.

    And you get better understanding of the russian semiconductor manufacturing : )


    Oh, interesting information : the shuttle used to have ferrit core memory, and russia strugle for years now to learn the capability to manufacture spin torque transfer MRAM technology.

    There was same news about restricting the export of semiconductor manufacturing equipment usable for mram , but since that the first news is this.

    Maybe they managed to make radhard mrams?
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12013
    Points : 12494
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  George1 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:13 pm

    Russian Space Forces identify all missile launches in their area of responsibility

    The Missile Warning System receives and transmits data of missile launches and missile paths in order to warn authorities of a looming missile attack on settlements and military bases

    YENISEISK, June 6. /TASS/. The Space Forces of the Russian Aerospace Forces have detected all missile launches in the area of responsibility of the Missile Warning System during their combat duty in 2016, Space Forces Commander, Lieutenant General Alexander Golovko, told Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu.

    "During combat duty in 2016, over 40 launches of foreign and Russian ballistic missiles were detected with the help of the Missile Warning System, the Space Tracking Systems and anti-missile defense systems," Golovko reported.

    Today, Shoigu checked the organization of the experimental combat duty of the Voronezh-DM radar located in the vicinity of the city of Yeniseisk, Krasnoyarsk Region.

    The Missile Warning System receives and transmits data of missile launches and missile paths in order to warn authorities of a looming missile attack on settlements and military bases. The Missile Warning System deploys the new-generation Voronezh class radars.

    At present, four new Voronezh radars are now on combat duty in the Leningrad, Kaliningrad, Irkutsk and Krasnodar Regions. Three more new Voronezh radars were deployed on experimental combat duty in the Krasnoyarsk, Altai and Orenburg Regions. By the end of 2017, there are plans to wrap up their experimental operation and put them on full combat duty.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/950028
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12013
    Points : 12494
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  George1 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:33 pm

    Evolution of the Russian early-warning radar network



    he Soviet Union built a lot of early-warning radars (I wrote about it a while back and then again). Most of them, however, ended up outside of Russia after the breakup of the Soviet Union. Those that are still operating are getting rather old, so Russia has been building an almost entirely new early-warning radar network. I tried to collect all these radars - past, current, and future - in one place, or, rather, one Google Earth file. Here it is - [url=russianforces.org/RussianEarly-WarningRadars2018.kmz]Russian Early-Warning Radars 2018.kmz[/url]

    The entire picture is quite busy, so I tried to add a color scheme to the file to make it easier to read. Those radars that are no longer operational (some of them have been demolished) are in black and hidden by default. The old Soviet radars that are still in service are blue. The missile-defense radars around Moscow are orange. Of the new ones, Voronezh-M and Voronezh-VP are red and Voronezh-DM are green. I hope that the file gives some idea of how the new radars are replacing old ones and how the different types of radars complement each other. It takes some clicking, though.

    The numbers for range, minimum elevation and azimuth coverage are taken from the map that was seen in the Main Space Situational Awareness Center. For some older radars, especially the Dnestr and Dnepr deployed in Skrunda, Mishelevka, and Balkhash, these are largely guesses.

    Comments, corrections, and interesting observations are welcome.

    UPDATE: There is a file for the United States too - [url=russianforces.org/US-Early-WarningRadars2018.kmz]U.S. Early-Warning Radars 2018.kmz[/url]. It's not as colorful, though:

    http://russianforces.org/blog/2018/09/evolution_of_the_russian_early.shtml

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Space Forces Command: News

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:26 pm