Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development

Hole
    Hole

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development

Post  Hole on Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:19 am

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 24603410
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 Empty Russian Cities (Pictures, news, etc)

Post  miketheterrible on Sun May 05, 2019 11:50 am

I didn't see a thread on this but on sdelanounas, I always see lots of good photos of Russian cities so it should be shared here. Let me start.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development

Post  miketheterrible on Sun May 05, 2019 11:55 am

Lost in Siberia - New buildings in Novosibirsk (has 50 photos in it)

https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/119646/

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 7tmvgy1
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 5SKUR3M
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 SludORb
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 NiH3Yge
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 X4hu83T
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 1iYzyQh
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 IaIeMDA
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 042NqbG
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 J9axINC
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 R1Hkljn
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 5hF4b81
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 RlvyJjl
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 YQkfESK
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 RqcHz0E
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 UxXHART
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 2gGnjgp
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 IJbA8Pj
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 6FqsUfG
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 NDbtd8O
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 2hyOETt
     Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 QpEckJZ
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun May 05, 2019 3:39 pm

skyscrapercity.com has a lot of excellent content on this subject.

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 F6NQAtRotXY

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 GzQ6LefLrqQ
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon May 06, 2019 1:34 am

Nice.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 2 Empty Russian Towns, Cities, Villages etc.

Post  miketheterrible on Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:16 am

Since there isn't any specific thread on cities, villages, and what not, I would like to start one.

Here is something I just saw that caught my interest and just overall felt to share since its so darn beautiful:

Starozolotovsky khutor Village along the River Don in Rostov. Old Cossack town that is being renovated. Really gorgeous.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:34 am

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt on Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:05 am

im not sure if this is the proper thread to ask this but a few years ago there was this proposal to construct a new Russian parliament building, but the initial architectural design was rejected, afterwards there has been no new updates about it. Was the project completely abandoned?
    Firebird

Post  Firebird on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:36 pm

PhSt wrote:im not sure if this is the proper thread to ask this but a few years ago there was this proposal to construct a new Russian parliament building, but the initial architectural design was rejected, afterwards there has been no new updates about it. Was the project completely abandoned?

Last I heard is that they were told to rework the designs.
    There was a winning design. But the designers were told it had too much glass (environmental factors apparently), that it was too sombre, that it wasn't Russian looking enough. It was the one with the dome, similar to the American Capitol building, just with more glass.

I don't know whether it has slipped down the list of "to do" things on the Federal budget.
    I also wonder if they might eventually choose a site nearer to the Kremlin. As they had done previously where a site S West of the Kremlin on the South riverbank was selected as I recall.

Personally I think the design should be uniquely Russian, not modernist or classical Western. It should become an icon of Russia, like St Basils etc.

I'd like to see a more updated reworking of the Pre Petrine themes of Izmailovo market used to create an iconic Parliament, maybe closer to the core than the recent designs. It would be showing a self confident Russia, proud of its own traditions, individualist and not trying to mimmick others.

PS I'd imagine the new Parliament will be done at some point. Its a way of spreading the city out a bit, as needed. The old sites are cramped, poor quality and split in 2. The old sites could be sold off for good money... at some point. And it will mean lots of people won't be stuck in traffic jams as much.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 pm