Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+45
GarryB
max steel
OminousSpudd
kvs
fragmachine
Vann7
A Different Voice
TheArmenian
magnumcromagnon
Austin
higurashihougi
Rmf
Hannibal Barca
Godric
AlfaT8
Kimppis
Walther von Oldenburg
mutantsushi
Nikander
Book.
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
Cowboy's daughter
PapaDragon
Dforce
George1
Firebird
Regular
bmtppk
zg18
Maximmmm
Karl Haushofer
victor1985
medo
KoTeMoRe
franco
Viktor
Werewolf
Project Canada
Prince Darling
Svyatoslavich
flamming_python
par far
Neutrality
JohninMK
49 posters

Russian Economy General News: #5

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Russian Economy General News: #5 - Page 31 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:17 pm

Very powerful article, and I know members such as kvs and sepheronx can improve on the article:

Made in Russia: Not Just Oil and Gas

The only real issue with the Russian economy is the relatively small population, and the underdevelopment of the Far East, and I expect those problems to properly solved in the coming decades.
    kvs
    kvs

Russian Economy General News: #5 - Page 31 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

Post  kvs Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:59 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:Very powerful article, and I know members such as kvs and sepheronx can improve on the article:

The only real issue with the Russian economy is the relatively small population, and the underdevelopment of the Far East, and I expect those problems to properly solved in the coming decades.

It's a nice introduction to reality. But you can see the retarded lemmings like "Twinkie" posting below don't give up when
    faced with facts. This retard seems to think that consumerist exports are the be all and end all of economic existence. What a load
    of rubbish. He also, trots out the stale and brain dead trope that Soviet/Russian industries are big machinery dinosaurs.
    I guess to this moron the nuclear industry is a dinosaur, but production of cheap plastic consumer crap is the dog's bollox.

The GDP does not give a flying f*ck about the the composition of industry and services. As long as people have jobs and
    can afford a middle class lifestyle, which is now the case in Russia, that is all that matters. Twinkie and the other retards
    can shove their attempts to paint black as white and vice versa where the sun don't shine.

I will also repeat what I have stated more than once, the Russian government is doing the right thing by loading the taxes
    on oil and gas exports. They reduce the income tax burden on the rest of the economy including consumers and producers.
    The hate filled BS spewed at Russia that it is "a one commodity banana republic" is pathetic in its jealousy and resentment.
    Eat sh*t haters, Russia is going far and you can do nothing but yap like mangy mutts on the side of the road.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:02 pm

sepheronx wrote:Are the communists not aware that they do not make A321's?  Has nothing to do with domestic manufacturers.

I keep seeing people post such garbage that "its Russian so it will crash" but this is an Airbus jet for crying out loud.

And it wasn't even Russian maintenance that could be at fault, but that done outside of Russia before the plane was acquired by
    the company.

The lesson here is that Russia should make its own aircraft and have its companies fly them instead of using 3rd rate foreign
    used junk.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:07 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:Very powerful article, and I know members such as kvs and sepheronx can improve on the article:

Anatoly Karlin wrote it. I follow him.

this is interesting data. But it is a bit inaccurate as to the methodology. The chosen methodology overestimates USA and Western countries and undermines Russia. The problem with the methodology here is that it is based on nominal GDP. He should do it with PPP GDP, and then Russia would be 3 times higher. Russia would then be roughly 50% of USA. But in reality, I think that 60% would be more correct. - I don't have the figures at hand, but read them in 2014, where I also did the comparison of people employed in manufacturing in Russia, USA and other countries. I absolute millions of industry workers, Russia was about 30% behind of USA. Given lower productivity in Russia, that would confirm what I wrote above that Russian industrial output is about 60% of USAs. - The PPP figure approaches the comparison to volume output. If you produce a jet fighter in Russia, it is probably bound to cost at least 3 times less than in USA. Only with the PPP figure can you account for that. - The conclusion is that Russia's industrial output in volume terms per capita is approximately the same as that of USA. And if you look at the trend it is overwhelmingly in favour of Russia.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:15 pm

max steel wrote:

Anatoly Karlin wrote it. I follow him.

this is interesting data. But it is a bit inaccurate as to the methodology. The chosen methodology overestimates USA and Western countries and undermines Russia. The problem with the methodology here is that it is based on nominal GDP. He should do it with PPP GDP, and then Russia would be 3 times higher. Russia would then be roughly 50% of USA. But in reality, I think that 60% would be more correct. - I don't have the figures at hand, but read them in  2014, where I also did the comparison of people employed in manufacturing in Russia, USA and other countries. I absolute millions of industry workers, Russia was about 30% behind of USA. Given lower productivity in Russia, that would confirm what I wrote above that Russian industrial output is about 60% of USAs. - The PPP figure approaches the comparison to volume output. If you produce a jet fighter in Russia, it is probably bound to cost at least 3 times less than in USA. Only with the PPP figure can you account for that. - The conclusion is that Russia's industrial output in volume terms per capita is approximately the same as that of USA. And if you look at the trend it is overwhelmingly in favour of Russia.

Unfortunately the common PPP methodologies do not bother to count defense industries.

http://www.oecd.org/std/prices-ppp/eurostat-oecdmethodologicalmanualonpurchasingpowerparitiesppps.htm

http://www.oecd.org/std/prices-ppp/13-3012041ec015.pdf

Your numbers are realistic. The actual "proper PPP" GDP of Russia is much higher than 3 trillion USD. I think it is closer to 5 trillion USD and at
    the same time the US economy is grossly overestimated based on fraudulent manipulation of the inflation rate since 1990 (http://www.shadowstats.com/).
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:13 pm

The development of the far east will stimulate growth significantly as long as there is a strong mixture of government, private and public investments in the region, which seems to be the case so far.  Vladivostok is now a free trade zone and special economic zone and will enjoy many benefits over the years in development, while many other locations like Krasnoyarsk may enjoy further development in other fields like energy and agriculture/ranching industry.

Once (and if) they build a high speed railway going from east to west of Russia, Siberia will gain even more popularity in terms of both travel and investments.  Siberia offers a lot in both natural resources, various tech institutions, military production, tourism, etc.  It really is untouched though as those industries are far and few and it is mostly natural resource extraction while most of the manufacturing and tech development is further west.  I do have hope though that eventually Krasnoyarsk itself can become some sort of major hub between the east and west Russia and really bring in lots of development.  It truly looks like a beautiful city and lots of potential.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:24 pm

sepheronx wrote:The development of the far east will stimulate growth significantly as long as there is a strong mixture of government, private and public investments in the region, which seems to be the case so far.  Vladivostok is now a free trade zone and special economic zone and will enjoy many benefits over the years in development, while many other locations like Krasnoyarsk may enjoy further development in other fields like energy and agriculture/ranching industry.

But the Far East needs a supporting population, as in population growth. It's nice to know that Russian population is not in decline (with half of the articles of sdenolaus about new kindergartens being built), but still the population at 150 million is too small. Ideally speaking Russia needs a population of 600-800 million, or perhaps over billion to fully realize it's true potential.

With climate change warming the polar regions, plus the development of photonic based home heating systems (which are nearly 100% efficient), we should see a nice population boom in the coming decades. I also would like to see the Russia govt. support and promote families with up to six children per household.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:33 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:The development of the far east will stimulate growth significantly as long as there is a strong mixture of government, private and public investments in the region, which seems to be the case so far.  Vladivostok is now a free trade zone and special economic zone and will enjoy many benefits over the years in development, while many other locations like Krasnoyarsk may enjoy further development in other fields like energy and agriculture/ranching industry.

But the Far East needs a supporting population, as in population growth. It's nice to know that Russian population is not in decline (with half of the articles of sdenolaus about new kindergartens being built), but still the population at 150 million is too small. Ideally speaking Russia needs a population of 600-800 million, or perhaps over billion to fully realize it's true potential.

With climate change warming the polar regions, plus the development of photonic based home heating systems (which are nearly 100% efficient), we should see a nice population boom in the coming decades. I also would like to see the Russia govt. support and promote families with up to six children per household.  

Not it doesn't.  Russia's population in history hasn't been very large.  Roughly 90M people.  It is actually much higher than most of its history.  Far east is roughly 30M+ population (maybe closer to 40) and that is larger than Canada as a whole.

Far east can actually enjoy a lot of development without large populations.  Far east can actually have a ton of farming and that will bring a lot of money in.  Centers like Krasnoyarsk can act as transport hubs, as well as economic center for the far east.  Places like Vladivostok acts more like a manufacturing, fish farming, and industrial economy and inbetween more energy development.  Heck, Siberia can act as a huge economic base for transportation of electricity to China as an example.

Once they put enough money and time, as well as investments and plans into those regions, the people will end up migrating there in order to find work and prosperity.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:36 pm

Overview of new production: October 2015
    +11 New industries with an investment volume of 500 million rubles
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:11 am

sepheronx wrote:Far east is roughly 30M+ population (maybe closer to 40) and that is larger than Canada as a whole.

What is your definition of Far east?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:32 am

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Far east is roughly 30M+ population (maybe closer to 40) and that is larger than Canada as a whole.

What is your definition of Far east?

http://www.geohive.com/cntry/russia.aspx

Siberian Fеdеrаl District: 19,312,169
    Far East Fеdеrаl District: 6,211,021

The discussion is about the "underdeveloped" east of Russia which in the common perception is the "far east".
    I would call everything east of the Urals the far east.
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:35 am

[quote="kvs"][quote="magnumcromagnon"]Very powerful article, and I know members such as kvs and sepheronx can improve on the article:

[url=http://www.unz.com/akarlin/made-in-russia/]Made in Russia: Not Just Oil and Gas[/url]

The only real issue with the Russian economy is the relatively small population, and the underdevelopment of the Far East, and I expect those problems to properly solved in the coming decades.[/quote]

It's a nice introduction to reality.  But you can see the retarded lemmings like "Twinkie" posting below don't give up when
    faced with facts.   This retard seems to think that consumerist exports are the be all and end all of economic existence.   What a load
    of rubbish.  He also, trots out the stale and brain dead trope that Soviet/Russian industries are big machinery dinosaurs.
    I guess to this moron the nuclear industry is a dinosaur, but production of cheap plastic consumer crap is the dog's bollox.

The GDP does not give a flying f*ck about the the composition of industry and services.   As long as people have jobs and
    can afford a middle class lifestyle, which is now the case in Russia, that is all that matters.   Twinkie and the other retards
    can shove their attempts to paint black as white and vice versa where the sun don't shine.  

I will also repeat what I have stated more than once, the Russian government is doing the right thing by loading the taxes
    on oil and gas exports.   They reduce the income tax burden on the rest of the economy including consumers and producers.
    The hate filled BS spewed at Russia that it is "a one commodity banana republic" is pathetic in its jealousy and resentment.
    Eat sh*t haters, Russia is going far and you can do nothing but yap like mangy mutts on the side of the road. [/quote]

But the main question is :has russia pass the critical point in wich the other areas can sustain the economy ? Because if things continue like this russia would have to recalculate every formula and reestablish balance every time until is nothing left to do. This ofcourse if not the attacks of west hit exacly in their own formulas and the capability of usa &others to sustain looses is less than capability of russia to rebalance all
    Austin

Post  Austin Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:56 am

Naryshkin: the Russian economy need to rely on internal resources and sources of growth
    Economy & Business
    November 2, 15:17 UTC + 3

http://tass.ru/ekonomika/2400954

According to the Speaker of the State Duma, one of the strategic objectives of the state policy of the country includes the diversification of the economy and its structural changes

MOSCOW, November 2nd. / TASS /. External capital markets and technologies have become unreliable because of the unlawful anti-Russian sanctions in the current situation the Russian economy need to rely on their internal resources and sources of growth. This was stated by State Duma Speaker Sergei Naryshkin at the hearings devoted to "address structural imbalances and promote growth of the Russian Federation."

"External capital markets and technologies have become unreliable due to the fact that our Western partners have non-legal decisions that contradict the principles of freedom of competition and the principles of international trade", - said the politician. In this regard, today the main settlement of Russia - "it's own strengths, internal resources and domestic sources of growth," he said.

According to Naryshkin, in the number of strategic public policy objectives include diversification of the Russian economy and its structural changes. "If you look at the structure of the Russian economy as a whole, the share of oil and gas in Russia's GDP from year to year decline. Today it is less than 10%", - the speaker said.

At the same time, he added, the Russian fuel and energy complex "give odds to many other sectors and on innovation in regard to the conquest of new foreign markets." "Despite all the difficulties and currency exchange rate fluctuations by the Russian government and the Central Bank is not removed the problem to enter the single-digit inflation, and in the next two years," - said the speaker of the State Duma.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:31 am

World Bank Economist: made in Russia can become a global brand

Central Bank will coordinate the appointment of heads of rating agencies

Problems with currency liquidity in Russia is not, said Nabiullina (bad translation but you get the point).
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:12 am

Oil, exchange rate, inflation: the financial authorities of the Russian economy

http://tass.ru/ekonomika/2404964
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:44 pm

The debt load of the non-financial sector accounted for about 80% of GDP

Moscow. On 3 November. INTERFAX.RU - The total debt burden of non-financial sector is now about 80% of GDP, said the head of the Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina during the discussion of the single monetary policy in the State Duma.

"From the point of view of the further development of lending to us, of course, concerned about the level of debt and the growth rate of arrears in the economy as a whole and by sector. The total level of debt of non-financial sector, including both foreign loans and bond issues, is now about 80% of GDP, "- said the head of the Central Bank.

She noted that it is even lower than in many developed countries, but higher than in the wide range of emerging market countries with which Russia itself compares: for example, in the Czech Republic, Turkey, India, Poland, South Africa, Mexico, Indonesia . From BRICS debt burden above the non-financial sector in China alone.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:38 pm

Austin wrote:The debt load of the non-financial sector accounted for about 80% of GDP

Moscow. On 3 November. INTERFAX.RU - The total debt burden of non-financial sector is now about 80% of GDP, said the head of the Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina during the discussion of the single monetary policy in the State Duma.

"From the point of view of the further development of lending to us, of course, concerned about the level of debt and the growth rate of arrears in the economy as a whole and by sector. The total level of debt of non-financial sector, including both foreign loans and bond issues, is now about 80% of GDP, "- said the head of the Central Bank.

She noted that it is even lower than in many developed countries, but higher than in the wide range of emerging market countries with which Russia itself compares: for example, in the Czech Republic, Turkey, India, Poland, South Africa, Mexico, Indonesia . From BRICS debt burden above the non-financial sector in China alone.

Hmm.None of the math add up.  How did it get to 80% if Russias overall debt wasnt close to that amount?

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/country-list/government-debt-to-gdp
    (Official numbers).  If it is government bonds issued, then that falls under gov debt. It is at 17% of gdp.

Maybe I am missing something here or a huge translation mistake.
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:52 pm

Even I dont understand what she is trying to say
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Austin wrote:Even I dont understand what she is trying to say

Who knows. A lot of it is play on words. Or a horrific translation error (bad on Ria). Maybe debt ceiling level?

As for the buying gold over green - I agree. Now that it is cheaper, it may be right time to buy.
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Ruble Devaluation Will Make 'Made in Russia' World Trademark

russia russia russia
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:37 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Austin wrote:Even I dont understand what she is trying to say

Who knows. A lot of it is play on words. Or a horrific translation error (bad on Ria). Maybe debt ceiling level?

As for the buying gold over green - I agree. Now that it is cheaper, it may be right time to buy.

A fiat currency is pretty much worthless specially when its not balanced by something and printing goes endlessly by pressing computer key and generating numbers.

Gold is something CBR should target to get as much as they can , Russia should have as much gold as Germany has which is 4000 T.

CBR should be dumping Green Note and not buying those worth less US bonds

Personally even I want to keep 25-30 % of what I have in Physical Gold
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:39 pm

If I could I would. Instead I can only afford poor mans gold - Silver.
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:53 pm

sepheronx wrote:If I could I would. Instead I can only afford poor mans gold - Silver.

Silver is also very good , it seems Silver growth has been more exponontial then gold
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:30 pm

Austin wrote:Not Russian but still
    “Debt payments comprise 6 percent of all spending now, but will more than double to 13 percent in 2025.”

Hmm... Interesting. And they will cut that additional 7% from where? Certainly not from the military? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Kimppis on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Global buyers snap up Russian corporate debt

http://www.euromoney.com/Article/3503387/Category/7/ChannelPage/8959/Global-buyers-snap-up-Russian-corporate-debt.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm