Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Economy General News: #2

    Share
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4627
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:02 am

    kvs wrote:
    Rmf wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2M5l__vCwo

    That look she gave him, as if he had just raped her.   Merkel is a scumbag and acts like one.

    Germans have to live with the consequences of her quisling decisions in the service of Washington.

    I've never seen that...this got's me dieing of laughter lmao!!! lol1 lol1 lol1
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17865
    Points : 18427
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  GarryB on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:50 am

    I wonder how the Prime Minister of Finland will feel if Russia started punitive sanctions on neighbouring countries when those countries do things Russia does not approve of...

    Perhaps if Finland joins NATO Russia should impose a NATO tarriff on all Finnish goods and services traded in Russia? Say 20% to cover the extra costs of defence? But of course Russia will want to maintain good relations with Finland... Rolling Eyes what a dick.
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5268
    Points : 5473
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:41 am

    Rmf wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2M5l__vCwo

    Indeed great video, thanks for posting.
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5642
    Points : 6275
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 37
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Viktor on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:47 am

    Nice thumbsup

    Ministry of Finance: the RF federal budget surplus amounted to 1, 126 trillion rubles

    and another 55 tons of gold in RF stash

    Putin "Prepares For Economic War", Buys Whopping 55 Tonnes Of Gold In Q3
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3766
    Points : 3869
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  kvs on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:37 am

    Viktor wrote:Nice  thumbsup

    Ministry of Finance: the RF federal budget surplus amounted to 1, 126 trillion rubles

    and another 55 tons of gold in RF stash

    Putin "Prepares For Economic War", Buys Whopping 55 Tonnes Of Gold In Q3

    But, but there was supposed to be a deficit because of falling oil prices. Russia is an oil exporting banana republic as everyone knows.

    This is just paradoxical and must be evidence of faking of statistics by the Putin regime.

    <insert whatever Russia hating inanity comes to mind here and you get an op-ed for the New York Times>
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7113
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  sepheronx on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:39 am

    kvs wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Nice  thumbsup

    Ministry of Finance: the RF federal budget surplus amounted to 1, 126 trillion rubles

    and another 55 tons of gold in RF stash

    Putin "Prepares For Economic War", Buys Whopping 55 Tonnes Of Gold In Q3

    But, but there was supposed to be a deficit because of falling oil prices.  Russia is an oil exporting banana republic as everyone knows.

    This is just paradoxical and must be evidence of faking of statistics by the Putin regime.

    <insert whatever Russia hating inanity comes to mind here and you get an op-ed for the New York Times>

    I know. I love it.

    Austin

    Posts : 6804
    Points : 7193
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Austin on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:01 pm

    Europe's Next Energy Crisis Is Now Assured
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3766
    Points : 3869
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  kvs on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:16 pm

    Austin wrote:Europe's Next Energy Crisis Is Now Assured

    http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-11-14/new-chinarussia-gas-pact-is-no-big-deal

    Bloomberg says there is nothing of importance. LOL. Another lame attempt to create reality by the western media, the
    loyal mouthpiece of western elites.

    The article that Austin posted talks about the EU having to set up LNG ports. This is not some trivial thing. If the
    EU started demanding 100 billion cubic meters per year in LNG, the LNG price would skyrocket since it is not
    an oversupplied market. Anyway, the Russia hating Euro-tards can pay double and triple for their natural gas just
    to spite Russia. Russia ain't no banana republic and the EU should grow a brain and realize that beggars cannot be
    choosers.
    avatar
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1261
    Points : 1275
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:39 pm

    Very well said.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17865
    Points : 18427
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  GarryB on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:51 am

    Cornering and trying to economically punish a nuclear armed power is pretty dumb... but the west is not smart it is cunning and is only out for survival.

    The irony is that most people accept their morals and standards to a degree, but they really just use such things as a weapon rather than a code to live by.

    Austin

    Posts : 6804
    Points : 7193
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Austin on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:53 am

    Merkel and Obama specfically today mentioned more Economic Sanctions will be applied , though nothing is mentioned what it could be.

    I suspect Russia would be cut out from SWIFT system and may be US will block Russia from getting help on civilian program like MS-21 and others
    avatar
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1261
    Points : 1275
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:19 pm

    GarryB wrote:Cornering and trying to economically punish a nuclear armed power is pretty dumb... but the west is not smart it is cunning and is only out for survival.

    The irony is that most people accept their morals and standards to a degree, but they really just use such things as a weapon rather than a code to live by.


    Bitches, they think they live the good life. Thei typical 30 year old Greek is long time unemployed, lonely, single with _zero_ personal fortune, living with parents etc.
    Still think he is well off and has to protect his way of life and his supreme master USA. Go figure!
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5642
    Points : 6275
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 37
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Viktor on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:13 pm

    GarryB wrote:Cornering and trying to economically punish a nuclear armed power is pretty dumb... but the west is not smart it is cunning and is only out for survival.

    The irony is that most people accept their morals and standards to a degree, but they really just use such things as a weapon rather than a code to live by.
    now take a another and closer look at this answer and you GarryB wonder why people still think you are infact Putin Very Happy always spot on with flawless logic. ... Hanibal, my proud Greek I really hope this EU agony will not last for long. To many people found themselves left with only empty promises, their goverments power transfered to a hihger supranatural body hijacked by American regime with nothing to hold on, no future no security and NO LIFE.
    avatar
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1261
    Points : 1275
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:19 pm

    People's minds will not change anytime soon I'm afraid. Reality changes much faster than people's notions this days.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7113
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:07 pm

    Austin wrote:Merkel and Obama specfically today mentioned more Economic Sanctions will be applied , though nothing is mentioned what it could be.

    I suspect Russia would be cut out from SWIFT system and may be US will block Russia from getting help on civilipan program like MS-21 and others

    This will make me cream my pants if they do this. Russia will have their own swift by march or may next year according to CB, and this will mean that companies like transnaz and alike will get contracts for the equipment for MS-21.

    Hopefully then Russia will jack up prices of Titanium and other metals that US and EU purchase in large quantities from Russia, to 2000% of cost, to help financially ruin EU and US aerospace companies. As well as ban flights from their companies over Russia. Doing so will hurt these organizations real bad. Especially German automakers who relies on both Russian metal and Russian sales. Then they may start to protest more than they already have (apparently German companies have been demanding Merkel to lift sanctions).
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5268
    Points : 5473
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:36 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    Austin wrote:Merkel and Obama specfically today mentioned more Economic Sanctions will be applied , though nothing is mentioned what it could be.

    I suspect Russia would be cut out from SWIFT system and may be US will block Russia from getting help on civilipan program like MS-21 and others

    This will make me cream my pants if they do this. Russia will have their own swift by march or may next year according to CB, and this will mean that companies like transnaz and alike will get contracts for the equipment for MS-21.

    Hopefully then Russia will jack up prices of Titanium and other metals that US and EU purchase in large quantities from Russia, to 2000% of cost, to help financially ruin EU and US aerospace companies. As well as ban flights from their companies over Russia. Doing so will hurt these organizations real bad. Especially German automakers who relies on both Russian metal and Russian sales. Then they may start to protest more than they already have (apparently German companies have been demanding Merkel to lift sanctions).

    There are two major goods in our lifetime that are among the most valueble and most used for daily life up to scientific and researching of new technologies and that is oil and metals, Oil not only for getting gas into your car or jet or whatever, but also to produce all the low quality CrApple products and alike made from plastic. Hurting the metals industry which is almost a monopoly of a few countries like China,Russia,Kazachstan,Japan and Ukraine and when BRICS sell their metals with a high price for EU/US that will hurt their markets to such an extent that will lift either the sanctions or happily have economy crippled especially our german economy which is mainly based on automarket industry and industrial machinery like Siemens which also will cripple down, that will hurt the entire EU and the US but will open markets for other car builders and industrial machinery equipment. That is what i said all along, Russia should use its leverage over the resources it holds and show who on this planet is the richest country by far.

    Austin

    Posts : 6804
    Points : 7193
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Austin on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:10 pm

    Russian economy to sink into recession at $60 oil price — finance minister

    MOSCOW, November 18. /TASS/. The Russian economy will sink into recession, if world oil prices fall to $60 per barrel, Bloomberg news agency reported on Tuesday, citing Finance Minister Anton Siluanov.

    Recession in Russia is inevitable, if the situation worsens, the finance minister said.

    “If the oil price declines to $60 per barrel, the economy will have negative growth,” he told Bloomberg.

    The Russian government will have to make a more strict approach to the budget and actively use crisis-fighting tools, Siluanov said.

    “We’ll have to adjust our budget strategy and review priorities. All social obligations will be met, nobody plans to revise them, but second-tier priorities will be postponed.”

    The drop in oil prices and the economic contraction won’t be as serious as it was for Russia in 2008-2009, Siluanov said.

    “Growth will recover after the economy adapts to new conditions.”

    A decline in world oil prices to $70 per barrel or perhaps to $60 per barrel won’t be a long-term trend, Siluanov said. “Most likely, the price will be within range from $80 per barrel to $90 per barrel next year.”

    Russia’s Central Bank lowered on November 10 its forecast on the country’s GDP growth in 2014 to 0.3%

    The regulator explained its forecast downgrade by “the cumulative impact of external and structural factors,” which caused a slowdown in the growth rates of the Russian economy.”

    “Instead of the GDP growth acceleration expected earlier [from 1.3% in 2013 to 2.0% in 2014], the Bank of Russia now projects its slowdown to 0.3% in 2014,” according to the specified monetary policy guidelines.

    The regulator’s previous monetary policy guidelines projected the country’s GDP growth at 0.4% in 2014.

    Russia’s Economic Development Ministry expects GDP to grow by 0.5% in 2014 and by 1.2% in 2015.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7113
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:37 pm

    Good thing Russia signed agreements for supplies by x amount of years. Doing so will mean total amount stays the same, just means that volume changes. So priority will be on reducing costs on extraction while pumping more oil as they will need to meet their obligations (either more oil or less funds).

    That being said, it can hurt future oil fields and investments. But the biggest cost in oil is the exploration and drilling. Once site is up, it is real cheap.

    I wonder why no one is talking about the fracking industry right now. Fracking needs WTI oil at $85 bbl in order to break even. Right now, WTI is at $75 while brent is at $79.

    Wonder how much of a recesson would we look at, with brent at $60? Since oil and gas (combination) accounts for small amount of budget.

    Lets say it gets to $60 per bbl, and ruble stays at same value: $60/bbl x 1000 x 45 rubles per usd = 2700000

    At 80/bbl

    $80 x 1000 x 45 = 3600000

    So thereis a difference but the difference is not enough to make a huge adjustment to the gdp, especially if it accounts for 20% or less of the gdp. If Oil drops, so will Ruble and that somewhat mitigates the change. Oil prices are now changing due to world uncertanty. But Putin will be in India in december for economic development. Talk is that Russia is looking to invest in India big time, especially some sort of new business park being developed in India. Also, oil pipeline.

    Gas is Russias number #1 seller. Gas prices are purely based on volume and so I dont see why they cant do same for oil.
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2344
    Points : 2501
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Cyberspec on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:19 am

    sepheronx wrote:

    I wonder why no one is talking about the fracking industry right now. Fracking needs WTI oil at $85 bbl in order to break even. Right now, WTI is at $75 while brent is at $79.

    Because it's mostly a big load of crap, hyped to the sky by the media. The estimates of reserves are crazily overestimated.


    And I wouldn't worry too much about the oil price....unless there's a catastrophic drop in demand, they can only play their silly little games for so long

    Austin

    Posts : 6804
    Points : 7193
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Austin on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:49 pm

    Russia-China Deal Could Kill U.S. LNG Exports
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7113
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 pm

    Im curious how it could kill us lng. Lng from us to asia may drop but it will increase in Europe due to EU hostilities to Russia.

    Austin

    Posts : 6804
    Points : 7193
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Austin on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:32 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Im curious how it could kill us lng. Lng from us to asia may drop but it will increase in Europe due to EU hostilities to Russia.

    Coz Russia can easily undercut the market if it wants to as its Gas Supplies will last more than 100 yrs.

    It can just drop price from $380 to 300 and suddenly things may not be as great for other producers specially from shale
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1814
    Points : 1965
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  TheArmenian on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:17 pm

    Russia grain harvest for 2014 at 110 million tons.

    That is 17% greater than 2014 and 51% greater than 2012.

    On top of that potato harvest came to 6.1 million tons (it was 3.8 million tons in 2013).

    Vegetables production also increased to 3.7 million tons (1.9 million tons in 2013)

    http://www.zol.ru/z-news/showlinks.php?id=116147

    It is expected that meat production (particularly pork and poultry) will also show increased figures.
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5642
    Points : 6275
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 37
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Viktor on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:08 pm

    Meat production up by 12%, cheese 11%

    Rosstat: Russia for 10 months increased the production of meat, cheese and sausage

    and industry production rose

    Rosstat: Russian industry continued to grow in October



    deofshorization law passed in Duma

    Federation Council approved the law on deofshorizatsii economy

    no more financing US war machine

    Russia has reduced investment in US bonds by 16 percent per year

    avatar
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1261
    Points : 1275
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:09 pm

    Superb!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:44 pm