par far

Re: Russia-EU relationship

Post  par far on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:46 am

Werewolf wrote:I am affraid not.

This what I also think, sucks but true.
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:02 am

Werewolf wrote:Banning their market, letting them financially die.

Sanction against EU dairy product has not ended yet.

And even if it ends, EU dairy product will never have any chance to enter Russian market because Russia has been replacing EU stuffs with domestic ones.

All the things about increasing the domestication and localization in Russia are silent blows to corrupted oligarchs in the Western world.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:22 am

Actually I read that article and thought the opposite.

I thought they would set up something to study something because they clearly realise they know nothing about that something and so far have gotten things wrong.

they don't need to set anything up to just be a robot and do as washington and brussels tells them to.

this new org might actually allow more sensible policies to be formed and more constructive communications... it might be a good thing....
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:38 pm

Being France I would have to agree with Garry, this could very well be a good thing. Remember, the French, all the way up to some of the political wings, have been among some of the most vocal about America's Cold War against Russia.
    George1

Post  George1 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:38 pm

NOVO-OGAREVO, February 3. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin has noted the special nature of relations between Russia and Germany’s Bavaria federal state and thanked Bavarian Minister-President Horst Seehofer for his efforts to normalize relations with Russia.
    "We have a special relationship with Bavaria, the volume of our bilateral trade and economic relations is very large," Putin said at a meeting with Bavaria’s head.
    "We share the major responsibility for maintaining jobs, preserving the cultural ties. We know your attitude and desire to do everything for the normalization of EU-Russian, Russian-German relations and of course, we are grateful for this," Putin said.

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/politics/854336
    George1

Post  George1 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:14 pm

KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:43 pm

higurashihougi wrote:And even if it ends, EU dairy product will never have any chance to enter Russian market because Russia has been replacing EU stuffs with domestic ones.

There's dairy and there's dairy. Sure milk and butter can and should be local. But if you want some UK cheddar, mozarella, parmesan, roquefort and so on it will be imported. Moscow city alone is a tremendous market for EU produce, be it dairy or fruit/veg.

PS. I tried some Russian butter (cost peanuts) and it was much better than Greek, Austrian cr@p I find back home.
    Same for that red, nerka salmon >>> Norwegian/Irish ones. F'in class food you guys have up there.
    George1

Post  George1 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Russia, Austria enter into several agreements during Putin’s visit to Vienna

More:
    http://tass.com/politics/1008079

Austria's OMV fully supports Nord Stream 2 project

More:
    http://tass.com/economy/1007871
    George1

Post  George1 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:04 am

Russia-France trade turnover up 25% in three months of 2018 - ambassador

More:
    http://tass.com/economy/1009103
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:57 pm

I would not have a problem with EU- Russia Trade back to normal.

We buy russian gas and oil and russia buys our products. Thats a good thing.

btw what russian food is tasty for a french?
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:14 am

Aristide wrote:I would not have a problem with EU- Russia Trade back to normal.

Salad Vinaigrette? Jellied meat? Okroshka? Baked pikeperch? Idk you guys eat boiled cow's head and dont use many spices so Russian food would be agreeable to french.
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:51 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    Aristide wrote:I would not have a problem with EU- Russia Trade back to normal.

Salad Vinaigrette? Jellied meat? Okroshka? Baked pikeperch? Idk you guys eat boiled cow's head and dont use many spices so Russian food would be agreeable to french.

boiled cow head? I know nobody who eats such stuff. Thats something some strange people in remote villages eat. Wink
    George1

Post  George1 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:53 pm

Russia will quit Council of Europe if opponents insist on its expulsion, says Lavrov

The diplomat recalled Russia once joined the Council being convinced that "it is geared to ensure a common European universal legal and humanitarian space", while later the space was undermined

MOSCOW, October 16. /TASS/. Russian will quit the Council of Europe voluntarily if its opponents in the association insist on its expulsion, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Tuesday.

"I don’t think presence in the Council of Europe is more important for Russia than it is for European countries. It is my firm position. We joined the Council of Europe being convinced that it is geared to ensure a common European universal legal and humanitarian space," he said in an interview with the EuroNews television channel.

"Those who have undermined this space through illegitimate actions that violate the Charter and striped the Russian delegation of equal rights with other delegations are aware of what they are doing. I am sure of that. If they want to expel Russia from the Council of Europe, we will not give them such a pleasure. We will quit it voluntarily," he stressed.

According to the Russian top diplomat, Council of Europe officials who will be elected with Russia’s say will be illegitimate for Moscow. "The Council of Europe will elect its new Secretary General next June. If we are denied participation in the elections of these officials, a right we enjoy under the Council of Europe’s Charter, they [officials] will be illegitimate for us," he said. "So, I hope very much that all of our partners, first of all those who have caused this whole mess, who seek to punish people’s representatives for Crimea’s free expression of will, I hope they will ultimately see the gravity of the situation and understand the responsibility they are undertaking."

Apart from that, in his words, the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe must reiterate that all delegations to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) enjoy equal rights. "We will insist that the Council of Europe’s Committee of Ministers pass a resolution reiterating the irrevocability of this charter provision. If such a resolution is blocked, it will be seen as a step deliberately taken by those who are, blinded by anti-Russia passions, are seeking to simply bury the Council of Europe," he said.

More:
    http://tass.com/politics/1026225
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 am

If they have no say, no voting rights... what is the point of paying membership fees?

Screw them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:13 pm