Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    BKP
    BKP

    Posts : 462
    Points : 471
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  BKP on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:46 am

    dino00 wrote:Way more serious than i though, This means business

    For real. You know, at first, when i kept seeing that the Syrians would be given "a S-300", I kept picturing a single launcher. I thought that's what they meant, lol

    dino00 wrote:This means 96 ready to launch missiles right?

    Let's see, 12x4x2=96. Yep, I think so.

    Also I read that these launchers feature a fast reloading time. Don't know if that's unusual for this type of system in general, but...

    Anyhow, wow, the Russians must've really not dug the heaping dollop of that famous hee-broo chutzpah that got dished out at them in Moscow on Saturday.
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3214
    Points : 3246
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  franco on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:30 am

    dino00 wrote:This means 96 ready to launch missiles right?

    Most Russian regiments have 2 battalions of 8 TEL's each or 64 missiles.
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2476
    Points : 2487
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  eehnie on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:05 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Boy did Israelis royally screwed the pooch here or what... Smile

    They spent nearly a decade keeping S-300 away from SAA and not only were they successfull at it but they also got free pass from Russia to strike at will all over Syria.

    But instead of apologizing and eating tiny slice of humble pie after this s**tstorm they went to Moscow and gave MoD some BS story while Russians​ were probably looking at their own data and said: "You fooking kidding me here dude???"

    So now they are stuck in way worse situation than SAA just having S-300 because in addition to having S-300, that same S-300 is plugged​ directly into VKS sensor network and pretty much remotely operated with full deniability by Russian troops.

    So now 555th can blow whatever they want out of the sky and then choose if they want to sign off on it or let SAA take the credit/fall.

    All the while Russian EW systems are roasting the wildlife above West Syria 24/7.

    Bravo Israelis, you just flushed decades of effort down the toilet and got stuck with worst case scenario because you let your ego do the thinking. Poetic...lol1

    The supposed previous success of Israel has not been real. In fact it was a humiliating defeat to see the Syrian forces to reach the contact line again. Neither they have been successful in the refered to the S-300 in Syria. Is not the first time Russia offered pictures of S-300 components in Syrian territory.

    https://rg.ru/photos/8f/f9/8ff99e85.html#1
    https://rg.ru/2013/05/30/siriya-anons.html

    The size of the defeat of Israel is severe and painful, taking into account that even you have been forced to recognize it. But is not a defeat by a wrong action of one day.

    And this is not the final situation for Israel.


    Last edited by eehnie on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 1398
    Points : 1392
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  LMFS on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:24 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Boy did Israelis royally screwed the pooch here or what... Smile

    They spent nearly a decade keeping S-300 away from SAA and not only were they successfull at it but they also got free pass from Russia to strike at will all over Syria.

    But instead of apologizing and eating tiny slice of humble pie after this s**tstorm they went to Moscow and gave MoD some BS story while Russians​ were probably looking at their own data and said: "You fooking kidding me here dude???"

    So now they are stuck in way worse situation than SAA just having S-300 because in addition to having S-300, that same S-300 is plugged​ directly into VKS sensor network and pretty much remotely operated with full deniability by Russian troops.

    So now 555th can blow whatever they want out of the sky and then choose if they want to sign off on it or let SAA take the credit/fall.

    All the while Russian EW systems are roasting the wildlife above West Syria 24/7.

    Bravo Israelis, you just flushed decades of effort down the toilet and got stuck with worst case scenario because you let your ego do the thinking. Poetic...lol1

    Hahaha, very good summary! Their arrogance will be their demise, like always happens

    The question is: will IAF have the balls to organize a big hunt for the S-300, knowing they are going to get Russians killed in such attack for sure? They have proven recently they are insanely arrogant retards, but will they be capable of bettering themselves with such a screw-up?
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2476
    Points : 2487
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  eehnie on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:48 am

    LMFS wrote:The question is: will IAF have the balls to organize a big hunt for the S-300, knowing they are going to get Russians killed in such attack for sure? They have proven recently they are insanely arrogant retards, but will they be capable of bettering themselves with such a screw-up?

    They would not care of it.

    The problem for them is to lose a good part of their air force in the bid. Unlike Russia, they have nothing to replace loses.

    The amount of S-300 in Syria will be still lower than the amount of S-300 captured to Ukraine in Crimea.
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4131
    Points : 4235
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Vann7 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:18 am

    Interesting if True..

    Russian Jets INTERCEPT U.S. F-22 Over Syria



    A Russian Su-35S air-superiority fighter jet of Russia’s Aerospace Force has intercepted and visually identified the U.S. F-22 Raptor Raptor combat aircraft flying over Syria.

    Photographs, made by the infrared search and track fire control system of the Russian Su-35S, shows in infrared spectrum, an F-22 Raptor fighter jet flying over Syria.

    The Su-35S infrared search and track system called the OLS-35 and includes an infrared sensor, laser rangefinder, target designator and television camera. This system to determine the general position of aircraft within a fifty-kilometer radius—potentially quite useful for detecting stealth aircraft, such as F-22, at shorter ranges.

    The systems scans the airspace ahead of the jet for heat signatures caused by aircraft engines and/or plane’s surface friction caused by the aircraft flying through the air.

    According to the Deagel.com, OLS-35 comprises a heat-seeker, a laser rangefinder/designator with new algorithms and advanced software to outperform its predecessor installed on the Su-27/Su-30 aircraft family. The Su-35 IRST is superior to the OEPS-27 in terms of range, precision and reliability.

    But, the Su-35’s infrared search and track system (IRST) does not represent a panacea solution against stealth aircraft.

    The OLS-35, like and other IRST, does not provide target quality track data for weapons employment. For example, if a Russian Su-35 fighter jet detected an approaching forward aspect F-22, the Russian pilot could not directly utilize the IRST data to direct semi-active, active, or passive homing missiles; laser illumination capabilities are generally a means to guide air-to-ground munitions rather than air-to-air missiles.



    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 F-22-Fighter-Bomber-Pic

    http://halturnerradioshow.com/images/Sept-2018/F-22-Fighter-Bomber-Pic.jpg

    http://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/news/world-news/3194-russian-jets-intercept-u-s-f-22-over-syria


    I really hope Russia and China create more military bases.. that will create buffer zones ,that will complicate the launch of Cruise missiles over Syria without flying above CHina or Russia military bases..   Russia can block NATO from bombing if deploy Military bases.. in the places Syrian military have..  people should look for False Flag attacks.. Israelis or NATO could pull one , shut down for example a remote controlled civilian airliner flying to Israel. and later claim Syria did it.. with Russia s-300s..  No  So people have been warned.. Israel and NATO are capable of staging a false flag with planes over Israel, in order to justify another attack on Syria. That way Israel will have a way to claim , Russia or Syria or IRAN shut down the civilian plane... and justify a major scale attack on Syria.. with NATO and ISrael combined.

    ====================================================================
     
    update..

    By the way.. anyone knows how many long range missiles from S-300s ,Syria military will have the capability to launch at same time , to intercept NATO and Israel planes in a mass wave attack ?  (without reloading)  ?


    .


    avatar
    mnztr

    Posts : 151
    Points : 165
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  mnztr on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:14 am

    50 or 90 km is not really that useful. At that range you would be shot down before you detect it. Its kinda nice, but not useful in full bore combat.
    avatar
    mnztr

    Posts : 151
    Points : 165
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  mnztr on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:18 am

    The linking of the Syrian air defence net to Russias sensor network the real gem here. No one will be able to approach Syria without the Syrians knowing it. And they will be able to reach out 400 km. If the US decides to bomb Syrian troops again, it will be much more dangerous.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 2746
    Points : 2744
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:34 am

    The gentleman's agreement is null & void!
    Umbrella for Bashar Assad: how will the Syrian S-300 help
    Russia will equip Syria's air defense systems with Russian aircraft identification systems

    Missile strike against Israel is inevitable- time will tell!


    Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 1800
    Points : 1975
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  par far on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:45 am

    Vann7 wrote:Interesting if True..

    Russian Jets INTERCEPT U.S. F-22 Over Syria



    A Russian Su-35S air-superiority fighter jet of Russia’s Aerospace Force has intercepted and visually identified the U.S. F-22 Raptor Raptor combat aircraft flying over Syria.

    Photographs, made by the infrared search and track fire control system of the Russian Su-35S, shows in infrared spectrum, an F-22 Raptor fighter jet flying over Syria.

    The Su-35S infrared search and track system called the OLS-35 and includes an infrared sensor, laser rangefinder, target designator and television camera. This system to determine the general position of aircraft within a fifty-kilometer radius—potentially quite useful for detecting stealth aircraft, such as F-22, at shorter ranges.

    The systems scans the airspace ahead of the jet for heat signatures caused by aircraft engines and/or plane’s surface friction caused by the aircraft flying through the air.

    According to the Deagel.com, OLS-35 comprises a heat-seeker, a laser rangefinder/designator with new algorithms and advanced software to outperform its predecessor installed on the Su-27/Su-30 aircraft family. The Su-35 IRST is superior to the OEPS-27 in terms of range, precision and reliability.

    But, the Su-35’s infrared search and track system (IRST) does not represent a panacea solution against stealth aircraft.

    The OLS-35, like and other IRST, does not provide target quality track data for weapons employment. For example, if a Russian Su-35 fighter jet detected an approaching forward aspect F-22, the Russian pilot could not directly utilize the IRST data to direct semi-active, active, or passive homing missiles; laser illumination capabilities are generally a means to guide air-to-ground munitions rather than air-to-air missiles.



    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 F-22-Fighter-Bomber-Pic

    http://halturnerradioshow.com/images/Sept-2018/F-22-Fighter-Bomber-Pic.jpg

    http://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/news/world-news/3194-russian-jets-intercept-u-s-f-22-over-syria


    I really hope Russia and China create more military bases.. that will create buffer zones ,that will complicate the launch of Cruise missiles over Syria without flying above CHina or Russia military bases..   Russia can block NATO from bombing if deploy Military bases.. in the places Syrian military have..  people should look for False Flag attacks.. Israelis or NATO could pull one , shut down for example a remote controlled civilian airliner flying to Israel. and later claim Syria did it.. with Russia s-300s..  No  So people have been warned.. Israel and NATO are capable of staging a false flag with planes over Israel, in order to justify another attack on Syria. That way Israel will have a way to claim , Russia or Syria or IRAN shut down the civilian plane... and justify a major scale attack on Syria.. with NATO and ISrael combined.

    ====================================================================
     
    update..

    By the way.. anyone knows how many long range missiles from S-300s ,Syria military will have the capability to launch at same time , to intercept NATO and Israel planes in a mass wave attack ?  (without reloading)  ?


    .



    I think a flase flag involving a civilian plane is next, this is why I hope the SAA don't get the S 300 and other advanced Russian Air Defense system.
    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 1800
    Points : 1975
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  par far on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:48 am

    mnztr wrote:The linking of the Syrian air defence net to Russias sensor network the real gem here. No one will be able to approach Syria without the Syrians knowing it. And they will be able to reach out 400 km. If the US decides to bomb Syrian troops again, it will be much more dangerous.

    This both excites me and scares the hell out of me(it is not a good idea to give a country that is at war this kind of advanced stuff.)
    auslander
    auslander

    Posts : 1195
    Points : 1265
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  auslander on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 am

    mnztr wrote:
    Ah so you are very close to the issue and emotional about it. I understand. Just like all those American mothers who lost sons in Iraq and want to believe it was for some good. In this case it might be. This manuvering, if successful, will save Russian and Syrian lives.

    Emotion has nothing to do with it, reality is reality.
    auslander
    auslander

    Posts : 1195
    Points : 1265
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  auslander on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:23 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Boy did Israelis royally screwed the pooch here or what... Smile

    They spent nearly a decade keeping S-300 away from SAA and not only were they successfull at it but they also got free pass from Russia to strike at will all over Syria.

    But instead of apologizing and eating tiny slice of humble pie after this s**tstorm they went to Moscow and gave MoD some BS story while Russians​ were probably looking at their own data and said: "You fooking kidding me here dude???"

    So now they are stuck in way worse situation than SAA just having S-300 because in addition to having S-300, that same S-300 is plugged​ directly into VKS sensor network and pretty much remotely operated with full deniability by Russian troops.

    So now 555th can blow whatever they want out of the sky and then choose if they want to sign off on it or let SAA take the credit/fall.

    All the while Russian EW systems are roasting the wildlife above West Syria 24/7.

    Bravo Israelis, you just flushed decades of effort down the toilet and got stuck with worst case scenario because you let your ego do the thinking. Poetic...lol1

    In a nutshell, Tel Aviv took one of Sam Colt's finest, cocked it, shoved it right town their trousers front and pulled the trigger.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21749
    Points : 22295
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  GarryB on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:16 am


    Ah so you are very close to the issue and emotional about it. I understand. Just like all those American mothers who lost sons in Iraq and want to believe it was for some good. In this case it might be. This manuvering, if successful, will save Russian and Syrian lives.

    Russia has been very sensitive to Israeli needs... they backtracked on sales of S-300s to Syria, they backtracked on sales of new aircraft to Syria, they helped Israel in the Golan heights by getting Iranian forces moved back, and in return... they get lies.

    Israel said they were attacking north syria... ie Idlib, not Latakia... where they actually attacked, they gave 1 minute warning... which was no where near enough time to get the Il-22 out of harms way. They claimed the F-16s were back in Israeli airspace when Syria started launching SAMs, but the radar trace given from the S-400 system clearly shows the missiles heading towards the F-16s and one of the F-16s which changed altitude to match the Il-22 duck behind the radar return of the larger aircraft... how did it do that from Israeli airspace?

    Russia didn't have to engineer anything, and much like the Turkish shootdown of a Russian plane they likely would not have escalated if it had not happened.

    The result of the Turkish attack is that bombers were escorted with armed fighters and S-400 and S-300V was deployed to protect the airspace for Russian aircraft.

    The result of the Israeli bullshit, is that the Syrians will get their S-300s that they ordered almost a decade ago and were refunded for, but not only that... they will likely get Pantsir air defence units to defend them and a battle management system... an IADS system so they get a better air picture over their own territory so they wont make the same mistake again... and on top of that Russia will jam radars and GPS and comms of aircraft entering Syrian airspace from the Med without permission...

    This was a big price...

    Boy did Israelis royally screwed the pooch here or what...

    Yes. Yes, they did.


    But instead of apologizing and eating tiny slice of humble pie after this s**tstorm they went to Moscow

    Well they did express regret, but just like the US, they blamed their enemies... it was Syria, Iran, and Hezbullahs fault of course... but I suspect even if they had taken full responsibility these changes were going to be made as it does make Russian air crew safer and also Russians on the ground in Syria safer too... and may be the springboard for a larger no fly zone that might be useful later in the war.

    Also I read that these launchers feature a fast reloading time. Don't know if that's unusual for this type of system in general, but...

    Will likely operate with a short range system like Pantsir...

    The question is: will IAF have the balls to organize a big hunt for the S-300, knowing they are going to get Russians killed in such attack for sure? They have proven recently they are insanely arrogant retards, but will they be capable of bettering themselves with such a screw-up?

    I suspect an S-300 hunt would draw the Russian S-400 and S-300V systems into this too.

    They might try to kill it, or they might try to sneak things past it... it will be interesting.


    Photographs, made by the infrared search and track fire control system of the Russian Su-35S, shows in infrared spectrum, an F-22 Raptor fighter jet flying over Syria.

    I saw that image and the wings and tail look more like the Su-57 to me to be honest...
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21749
    Points : 22295
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  GarryB on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:18 am

    This both excites me and scares the hell out of me(it is not a good idea to give a country that is at war this kind of advanced stuff.)

    Yeah because Israel is right... they might smuggle these into the Gaza strip and shoot down innocent civilian airliners just going about their normal business of enforcing the curfew...

    200 odd attacks over a fairly recent period in which quite a few Iranians and Syrians have been killed... why shouldn't they be allowed to defend their own airspace?
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4131
    Points : 4235
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Vann7 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:22 am

    mnztr wrote:The linking of the Syrian air defence net to Russias sensor network the real gem here. No one will be able to approach Syria without the Syrians knowing it. And they will be able to reach out 400 km. If the US decides to bomb Syrian troops again, it will be much more dangerous.

    Indeed ,a very big thing.. Why this is so huge for Syria..? because if Russia share and link information of their radars with connect it with Syrian air defenses missiles... then the Syrians no longer will have a need to use their S-300s radars.. and can operate in passive mode totally hidden from Israel planes. It means that if Israel will find no use
    in bombing Syria radars.. if the Russians military base radars are the ones that locks on their planes.. So israel will have to attack Russia military base , and declare war on Russia ,in order to stop Syrian army missiles from always knowing the positions of their planes ,including the stealth ones. and if that wasn't enough ,Rusia will jam and interfere in Israel navigation GPS but also jam israeli planes radars.. so if Russia can do that ,effectively Israel airforce will be blind and will see nothing ,hear nothing ,and only way to receive information from where they are
    , is with their own eyes.. observing the terrain. is going to complicate a lot the navigation and guidance of Israel airforce ..if it is true Russia can jam their radars.
    avatar
    ATLASCUB

    Posts : 598
    Points : 608
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  ATLASCUB on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:45 am

    Wasn't so long ago we were reading Russia and Israel are allies nonsense.....some things can't be helped I guess.... lol1

    Israel's behavior is predictable not because of this "fuck up" but because they're realist. Russia's geopolitical ambitions run completely counter to Israeli and American grand designs for the region.... so one side has to give for the other to gain - that is a big FAT Fact. Going after Syria was a first salvo since it's better, on average, to be on the initiative and strike first.

    As such, you can only keep pretenses about the silent and not so silent wars being waged. The Israeli's don't want to go back to the 70s or 80s which is what will happen eventually if they don't oppose Russian moves in the region. They've achieved soo much when the USSR disappeared (counter balance), and they rightfully feel threatened. So they will try to push the Russians around, AGAIN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN.... different means, tactics....what have you...

    It's the Russians, unsure about how to reassert itself in the region and the best policies to use that provide unpredictability and result in this sort of mini-chaos. The Israeli's are open book in their designs. Should not be news to anyone.

    Lebanon is still the more valuable pain pill.... as a rule Russia's diplomatic circles should start talking about it.... give the Israeli's something to think about. Better when it's out there in public "official" discourse instead of private.

    Getting into the oil/gas dispute by parking a Gazprom exploratory rig would be even better.

    They fuck with you, you fuck them harder. Some things never change.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3771
    Points : 3751
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  miketheterrible on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:10 am

    I seem to remember that years ago, Russia had air defense students in Russia from Syria learning the S-300 and what not. Is this correct or a false memory?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6588
    Points : 6655
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  JohninMK on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:16 am

    Update


    Elijah J. Magnier
    ‏ @ejmalrai
    6m6 minutes ago

    #BreakingNews:
    #Russia sent the first shipment of Russian Radar jumper Krasukha 4 to Hamymeen airport in #Syria.

    Elijah J. Magnier
    ‏ @ejmalrai
    2h2 hours ago

    #BreakingNews:

    #Russia has decided to deliver #Syria S-300 VM, capable of dealing with 96 targets simultaneously.


    #Moscow has started shipping adjacent equipment to Hamymeen to deliver to #Damascus.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 3758
    Points : 3746
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Isos on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:24 am

    miketheterrible wrote:I seem to remember that years ago, Russia had air defense students in Russia from Syria learning the S-300 and what not. Is this correct or a false memory?

    Correct. They canceld the delivry at the last minute. Syrians have been trained on s-300.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 3758
    Points : 3746
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Isos on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:29 am

    Any info about that ?

    Babak Taghvaee
    Babak Taghvaee
    @BabakTaghvaee
    ·
    10h
    #BREAKING: #Russia|n Air Force has deployed 8 Su-30/35s to #Hmeimim AB to use them for 24/7 Combat Air Patrol over #Syria to confront any #Israel|i Air Force fighter jet which might attack #Latakia & #Tartus without #Russia's permission from 00:01Z on 27/09/18.(Via
    @galandecZP
    )
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21749
    Points : 22295
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  GarryB on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:21 pm

    50 or 90 km is not really that useful. At that range you would be shot down before you detect it. Its kinda nice, but not useful in full bore combat.

    Well the fact that it can be detected at 50-90km on an IRST suggests its IR stealth is not so good... now I wonder which country could develop a long range air to air missile that homes in on IR energy...

    BTW the AMRAAM is no hittile... with modern ECCM capabilities the Su-35 should be able to deal with AMRAAM, but the F-22 is supposed to be invisible so it does not have much in the way of jamming equipment... you are not supposed to be able to see it in the first place.

    The L band radar in the Su-35 might make an IIR guided R-37M an interesting idea...

    I think a flase flag involving a civilian plane is next, this is why I hope the SAA don't get the S 300 and other advanced Russian Air Defense system.

    But that is the point... if they do try a false flag, then both Syria and Russia will have the radar track data to prove it was not them and to possibly show who actually did it...

    This both excites me and scares the hell out of me(it is not a good idea to give a country that is at war this kind of advanced stuff.)

    Yes... those silly little Syrian children should just take bomb and missile attacks from Israel because Israel has every right to bomb anyone it pleases with full impunity. People who die from Israeli strikes deserve to die... God says so... it is in the bible.

    In a nutshell, Tel Aviv took one of Sam Colt's finest, cocked it, shoved it right town their trousers front and pulled the trigger.

    Twisted Evil Yes... in a nutshell... or is that a nut fragment... owch... What a Face pwnd

    I seem to remember that years ago, Russia had air defense students in Russia from Syria learning the S-300 and what not. Is this correct or a false memory?

    When the syrians first tried to buy S-300 they trained the syrians to use the system... it was intense pressure from US and Israel that the Russians decided to first hold the deal and then cancel it... returning money paid.

    I wonder if they will charge them for the new systems or let them have them free?

    Any info about that ?

    And that is an interesting aspect too... now that the Syrian AD has a decent IADS, they can now sensibly get aircraft that operate within the system... so AWACS platforms, and of course fighters like MiG-29SMT and MiG-29M2 and indeed Su-30s, which could all contribute and provide depth to the defences...

    SAMs on their own are a bit fragile... having fighters adds depth and capability and are enormously highly mobile to fill gaps or provide sensors to look in areas that need better coverage...
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 1475
    Points : 1467
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:28 pm

    Well it seems about two regiments worth of S-300's will be delivered which is like eight systems, that's a lot of support vehicles and other short to mid-range AA go9ng with them.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3771
    Points : 3751
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  miketheterrible on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:40 pm

    Wait, so there are now two Krasuka 4 EW systems in Syria? Second one going to Tartus I presume?
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2476
    Points : 2487
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  eehnie on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:41 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    I seem to remember that years ago, Russia had air defense students in Russia from Syria learning the S-300 and what not. Is this correct or a false memory?

    When the syrians first tried to buy S-300 they trained the syrians to use the system... it was intense pressure from US and Israel that the Russians decided to first hold the deal and then cancel it... returning money paid.

    I wonder if they will charge them for the new systems or let them have them free?

    Very Happy Never cancelled. And at this point, very likely completed.


    GarryB wrote:
    Any info about that ?

    And that is an interesting aspect too... now that the Syrian AD has a decent IADS, they can now sensibly get aircraft that operate within the system... so AWACS platforms, and of course fighters like MiG-29SMT and MiG-29M2 and indeed Su-30s, which could all contribute and provide depth to the defences...

    SAMs on their own are a bit fragile... having fighters adds depth and capability and are enormously highly mobile to fill gaps or provide sensors to look in areas that need better coverage...

    This instead is a lot less likely. Not even MiG-29s.

    Sponsored content

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:31 pm