Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6590
    Points : 6657
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:42 pm

    As heavily loaded as we have seen any of them southbound, Alexandr Otrakovskiy leaving Sevastopol yesterday.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 DN5GrDHXUAENVBN
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DN5GrDHXUAENVBN.jpg
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21769
    Points : 22315
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  GarryB on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:45 am

    The 54 and 62 designations would not be the year of production, but are related to the year of adoption of the ammunition.

    They identify the type of ammo... the 54s have flat noses and are shorter and are designed for internal carriage in weapons bays, but also for external carriage on subsonic platforms like CAS aircraft and helicopters.... AFAIK they are still in production.

    The 62s are a more aerodynamic shape with a pointy nose and are designed to be carried externally on fast aircraft including Su-35 and Su-24 and other aircraft.

    The short nose of the 54s allows them to fit better on multiple ejector racks and internal bays so a Tu-22M3 might carry them internally and on external multiple bomb ejector racks under its main pylons.

    Model 62 and model 54 style bombs are still made today.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8237
    Points : 8321
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:08 pm


    Video about sappers and journalist that got injured, footage of incident, all wounded alive:

    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2476
    Points : 2487
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  eehnie on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:33 am

    GarryB wrote:
    The 54 and 62 designations would not be the year of production, but are related to the year of adoption of the ammunition.

    They identify the type of ammo... the 54s have flat noses and are shorter and are designed for internal carriage in weapons bays, but also for external carriage on subsonic platforms like CAS aircraft and helicopters.... AFAIK they are still in production.

    The 62s are a more aerodynamic shape with a pointy nose and are designed to be carried externally on fast aircraft including Su-35 and Su-24 and other aircraft.

    The short nose of the 54s allows them to fit better on multiple ejector racks and internal bays so a Tu-22M3 might carry them internally and on external multiple bomb ejector racks under its main pylons.

    Model 62 and model 54 style bombs are still made today.

    You can see what I was saying here:

    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=es&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://www.militaryparitet.com/nomen/russia/aviabomb/data/ic_nomenrussiaaviabomb/16/&usg=ALkJrhjvvlo0-ONKNlAqlVJqWF-E6LMxLQ

    The FAB M-54 of different weights were adopted in 1954 or 1955. The FAB M-62 of different weights were adopted in 1962 or 1963.

    There is not contradition.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21769
    Points : 22315
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  GarryB on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:43 am

    What I was t was trying to say was that the 54 and 62 do not denote the dates these bombs were made, they denote the dates these designs were introduced and indicate whether the weapon is for external supersonic or internal/subsonic platforms.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6590
    Points : 6657
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 pm

    Yet another big load of Russian trucks for Syria. Cranking up the SAA's logistical capabilities. Contents of lower deck unknown but not heavy given the ride height of the ship.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 DOVaIuaW0AAA1Hi
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2509
    Points : 2501
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:51 pm

    AQ seems to have hit the Russians in Latakia.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Al-Qaeda-suicide-bombing-on-Russian-convoy-917x516

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 23484886_148918262523906_1757443914_o-917x516

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 23546934_148918269190572_706042843_o-917x516

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/al-qaeda-claims-suicide-bombing-russian-army-convoy-near-khmeimim-air-base/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8237
    Points : 8321
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:53 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:AQ seems to have hit the Russians in Latakia.
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/al-qaeda-claims-suicide-bombing-russian-army-convoy-near-khmeimim-air-base/

    Russian Defense Ministry Denies Attacks on Servicemen in Syria's Latakia


    https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201711111059004764-russian-ministry-denies-attacks-servicemen-syria/
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3981
    Points : 3998
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:52 pm

    According to people in the know 2 KIA 3 WIA.

    The cell was made of locals. Syrian Interior Ministry is on the task.
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3215
    Points : 3247
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  franco on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:54 pm

    From Gerasimov's speech the other day in regards to Syria;

    "Many officers of the Armed Forces have acquired combat experience. All the commanders of the military districts, combined arms armies and air and air defense armies, almost all divisional commanders and more than half of the commanders of combined arms brigades and regiments passed through the grouping of troops with their collective staffs. They received combat practice in the management of troops, the organization of inter-service interaction, as well as the integrated use of reconnaissance, command and fire weapons.

    Practically all the flight personnel of the operational-tactical and army aviation acquired combat experience. Many of them showed themselves to be real air aces."
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3215
    Points : 3247
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  franco on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:59 pm

    First reports that Mig-31's have joined the Russian Air Base in Syria.Would suspect to ensure non-interference from foreign air forces in Syria and Lebanon, as the war against ISIS winds down and the next phase starts.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2509
    Points : 2501
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:03 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:According to people in the know 2 KIA 3 WIA.

    The cell was made of locals. Syrian Interior Ministry is on the task.

    Russians better move around Syria in proper MRAPs like the Typhoon.
    Riding hobo on light skin kamaz trucks or on top of BTRs is a deadly choice.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 1475
    Points : 1467
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:06 pm

    franco wrote:First reports that Mig-31's have joined the Russian Air Base in Syria.Would suspect to ensure non-interference from foreign air forces in Syria and Lebanon, as the war against ISIS winds down and the next phase starts.  

    Yes there is 3-4 there from what the air guys said.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2509
    Points : 2501
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:30 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    franco wrote:First reports that Mig-31's have joined the Russian Air Base in Syria.Would suspect to ensure non-interference from foreign air forces in Syria and Lebanon, as the war against ISIS winds down and the next phase starts.  

    Yes there is 3-4 there from what the air guys said.

    There's very little some few MiG-31s bring to the table, unless they have few proper AWACS platforms to commit to that war, without putting their own airspace in peril. As I understand they have about 25 A-50s in service (I know, quite low for a country the size of Russia), why they have not given permanent presence to one in Syria is beyond me.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2509
    Points : 2501
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:32 pm

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 DOXB_dxX4AA78j_
    iBRABO‏
    @iBRABO_com
    27m27 minutes ago

    By #Geolocating the Tahrir al Sham (#HTS) VBIED attack on a #Russia/n convoy yesterday it places the attack just outside of Bustan al Basha, #Latakia. Just 1.6 kms from the entrance to Khmeimim Air Base. The person recording the attack was ONLY 130m away! #RiskMonitoring #OSINT

    Not as bad as Camp bastion, but lets hope this doesn't become a trend.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 1475
    Points : 1467
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:39 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    franco wrote:First reports that Mig-31's have joined the Russian Air Base in Syria.Would suspect to ensure non-interference from foreign air forces in Syria and Lebanon, as the war against ISIS winds down and the next phase starts.  

    Yes there is 3-4 there from what the air guys said.

    There's very little some few MiG-31s bring to the table, unless they have few proper AWACS platforms to commit to that war, without putting their own airspace in peril. As I understand they have about 25 A-50s in service (I know, quite low for a country the size of Russia), why they have not given permanent presence to one in Syria is beyond me.

    Syria isn't a huge country and they already have other air to air units in the airbase that amount of 31's is quite fair.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6590
    Points : 6657
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:57 pm

    Claimed to have used a Patriot SAM. Flying over Syrian territory currently occupied by the Israelis.

    SURA‏ @AlSuraEnglish
    4h4 hours ago

    #BREAKING - #Israel shoots down #Russian Orlan-10 drone flying over Golan Heights


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 DOWePcfXcAAP3HT
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOWePcfXcAAP3HT.jpg
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 3771
    Points : 3759
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  Isos on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:08 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Claimed to have used a Patriot SAM. Flying over Syrian territory currently occupied by the Israelis.

    SURA‏ @AlSuraEnglish
    4h4 hours ago

    #BREAKING - #Israel shoots down #Russian Orlan-10 drone flying over Golan Heights



    Nice I hope their EW systems were recording the emission of the radar cheers
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8237
    Points : 8321
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:50 pm

    franco wrote:From Gerasimov's speech the other day in regards to Syria;

    ......

    Practically all the flight personnel of the operational-tactical and army aviation acquired combat experience. Many of them showed themselves to be real air aces."

    I'm sure that experience gathered is immense and vital but good old Garry may be getting ahead of himself with 'ace' part.

    They need to have some air to air scalps before they can be called aces.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8237
    Points : 8321
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:53 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:According to people in the know 2 KIA 3 WIA.

    The cell was made of locals. Syrian Interior Ministry is on the task.

    Russians better move around Syria in proper MRAPs like the Typhoon.
    Riding hobo on light skin kamaz trucks or on top of BTRs is a deadly choice.

    My thought exactly and for quite a while.

    Going bare kamaz is stupid and those capsule trucks aren't any better.

    If true then they got sloppy big time.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6590
    Points : 6657
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:05 pm

    monitoring‏ @warsmonitoring
    2h2 hours ago
    Replying to @warsmonitoring

    First(?) look inside of Alexandr Tkachenko. Frequently photographed by @YorukIsik(outside) this is the lower deck loading/en route to Tartus, Syria.


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 DOXURIsW0AoKLWk

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 DOXUSyAWsAEiXvd

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 DOXUT4aWkAEBEjL
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3783
    Points : 3763
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  miketheterrible on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:12 pm

    So far, I haven't seen anything on these deaths.

    Seems its been denied and the explosion was a fuel tank dropped.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2597
    Points : 2752
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:30 am

    Russia flag RoRo Alexandr Tkachenko transits Bosphorus en route to #Tartus #Syria carrying Zil, KamAZ & Ural trucks
    https://twitter.com/YorukIsik/status/929248437505314816
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 JZy93
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2597
    Points : 2752
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:45 am

    JohninMK wrote:Claimed to have used a Patriot SAM. Flying over Syrian territory currently occupied by the Israelis.

    SURA‏ @AlSuraEnglish
    4h4 hours ago

    #BREAKING - #Israel shoots down #Russian Orlan-10 drone flying over Golan Heights

    3 x Patriots?....seems like a lot for an Orlan-10

    ...

    Su-34 with 2xKAB-1500L over Latakia. And close up of KAB-500Kr Hmeimim Air Base.
    https://twitter.com/warsmonitoring/status/926782778309578752
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 DNyT9LWV4AI4lvS
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 DNyX7DEW4AAZzDK
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8237
    Points : 8321
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:22 am

    Cyberspec wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Claimed to have used a Patriot SAM. Flying over Syrian territory currently occupied by the Israelis.

    SURA‏ @AlSuraEnglish
    4h4 hours ago

    #BREAKING - #Israel shoots down #Russian Orlan-10 drone flying over Golan Heights

    3 x Patriots?....seems like a lot for an Orlan-10

    ...

    Su-34 with 2xKAB-1500L over Latakia. And close up of KAB-500Kr Hmeimim Air Base.
    https://twitter.com/warsmonitoring/status/926782778309578752
    .......

    Loving that missile count. With that approach Russia wins any war without even warming up manned aircraft. thumbsup

    Sponsored content

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:08 pm