Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Share
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4489
    Points : 4654
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:15 am

    calm wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Russian MP



    Patch is one of "Manbij Military Council" according to the internet so that would be Kurds, right?

    I wonder if this means that Russian troops are again wearing "terrorist symbols"? Cool


    ANNA footage of Russian convoy to Manbij, link up with SDF, and Russo-Syrian danceoff, including Chechen lezginka



    Erdogan now

    Question for the Balkanites on the forum....is this dance called the "Remove the Kebab"?

    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17957
    Points : 18531
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  GarryB on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 am

    The Russians have proven they will work with anyone to get rid of ISIS.

    Does not really prove anything.

    I would not believe the US is hard fast ally either... they can change alliances overnight when they want to... 1990s best friends with the Taleban... after 2000 or so not so much.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2060
    Points : 2085
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  eehnie on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:18 pm

    GarryB wrote:The Russians have proven they will work with anyone to get rid of ISIS.

    Does not really prove anything.

    I would not believe the US is hard fast ally either... they can change alliances overnight when they want to... 1990s best friends with the Taleban... after 2000 or so not so much.

    No, this is not right. Russia knows why they fight, and who their allies are. Russia helps their friends without make this war a global war.
    avatar
    Regular

    Posts : 2071
    Points : 2071
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  Regular on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:02 pm


    By the way, not sure if You seen it guys.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6637
    Points : 6741
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:04 pm

    Can we direct this discussion into some other direction?

    Discussing Russian involvement in Syrian war sounds like a promising avenue of conversation....
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17957
    Points : 18531
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  GarryB on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:48 am

    What I deleted was argument and abuse... not a discussion and therefore not worth keeping.

    This thread is about Russian military involvement and assistance in Syria.

    Arguments and abuse and other crap will be deleted... except this warning.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1450
    Points : 1452
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  calm on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:59 pm

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6637
    Points : 6741
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 pm


    Remember when Rostov-on-Don sub fired cruise missiles at jihadists in Syria back in 2015? Here is drone footage of event, complete with moment of launch filmed from UAV:



    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4489
    Points : 4654
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:15 am

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11422
    Points : 11901
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  George1 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:44 pm

    Armored cars "Lynx" and "Typhoon-K" for sappers of of the Russian Armed Forces sent to Syria











    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1450
    Points : 1452
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  calm on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:34 am

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11422
    Points : 11901
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  George1 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:10 am

    Heroes of the war: losses of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation during the Syrian operation

    http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/3445013


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6637
    Points : 6741
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:54 pm


    Interesting pics of Su-35S multirole fighter which gets maintenance after Syrian detachment at KnAAZ a/factory. Not bad for fighter.

    https://twitter.com/RSS_40



    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1450
    Points : 1452
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  calm on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:04 am

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6637
    Points : 6741
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:53 pm


    Apparently in Afrin according to Jihadi Julian:



    https://mobile.twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/status/842756306217840640?p=v
    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1139
    Points : 1149
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:01 pm

    Is that shit-eating ubertard Jihadi Julian the Goat-Fucker still preaching his hate-filled maniacal screeds???
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3651
    Points : 3762
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  kvs on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:00 pm

    Big_Gazza wrote:Is that shit-eating ubertard Jihadi Julian the Goat-Fucker still preaching his hate-filled maniacal screeds???

    It seems that he has toned down a bit now that he has to use a colostomy bag for the rest of his life after getting so
    much anal action from his jihadi heroes.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11422
    Points : 11901
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  George1 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:22 am

    Satellite imagery of the Russian military intelligence center of the air base Khmeimim in Syria dated March 12, 2017



    You can consider at least 5 Su-34 and 8 Su-24M (2) bombers, 5 Su-30SM fighters and 4 Su-25 attack aircraft [and also four Su-35S fighters]. In addition, there are no less than 1 An-124, Tu-154, An-30, An-74, Il-20 (22) and at least 3 Il-76.




    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2501309.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Vann7

    Posts : 3786
    Points : 3892
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  Vann7 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:47 am

    Interesting discussion in RT ,Someone with a Russian name ,that i cant spell ,using that weird alphabet and his bio is all RUssian , told this in RT discussion , about the Israeli incident in Syria where the Israeli angry general threatened Syria to destroy its air defenses if dare to defend themselves against their attacks.  Neutral  

    Can anyone confirm if the Russian minister of defense told this?


    @Russian guy:

    ... S-300 shooting of 2 Israeli planes CONFIRMED .Now, they're angry. Good

    @Allan Esterhuizen
    ... S200 , not S300

    @RUssian guy:
    ... Both

    @Olive Magnet
    ...Confirmed by who? Where's the pictures? There aren't any. Fake news!

    @Russian guy:
    ...The Russian Ministry of Defense said it. Fake news?



    https://www.rt.com/news/381303-israel-threatens-syria-defense/


    Syria government is not popular for inventing things. Syrian perspective who have contact with Syrian army general staff ,even explained that it was 6 missiles launched at 4 planes that invaded Syria and that two were shutdown. The Syrian air defenses scared the Israeli airforce and they had to abort their mission and flee towards Jordan airspace after entering for 5 minutes in Palmyra.

    If you know some country defenses are "totally useless" against your airforce ,then why get angry and complain about them? threatening to destroy them?  Wink

    The only reason he will seek to target Syria air defenses is because they feel
    they are quite dangerous for their airforce.  anyone agrees?   Cool

    Whatever it is the truth.. it is clear ,now that the Israel airforce for the first time admits that Syrian air defenses are a major threat to them so much that they now threaten to destroy them. and that flying over Syria is a major risk ,even for Israel modernized planes. russia

    it have been said that Syria S-200s have been improved by Russia with more newer sensors ,so i will not discount their capabilities to do the job of defending today any airspace ,like some people likes to do.

    avatar
    Godric

    Posts : 546
    Points : 568
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  Godric on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:33 pm


    i wonder how Russia would react to that
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2060
    Points : 2085
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  eehnie on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 pm

    The team of reality deniers now shut-up. They tried to deny the reality, in line with the arguments of Israel, but failed.

    https://www.rt.com/news/381351-russia-israeli-ambassador-strikes-palmyra/

    Russia summoned Israeli ambassador over airstrikes near Palmyra

    Published time: 20 Mar, 2017 07:06
    Edited time: 20 Mar, 2017 07:27
    Get short URL

    Russia summoned Israeli ambassador over airstrikes near Palmyra
    An Israeli F-16 fighter jet © Amir Cohen / Reuters
    3.5K6

    The Russian Foreign Ministry summoned the Israeli ambassador in Moscow to demand explanations for the airstrikes Israel conducted near the Syrian city of Palmyra last week, the ministry confirmed.

    Read more

    FILE PHOTO: An Israeli Air Force F-15 fighter jet © Amir CohenSyria claims Israeli jet shot down after strike near Palmyra, IDF says all aircraft undamaged

    Ambassador Gary Koren was called in by Russia’s Foreign Ministry on Friday after news about the strike emerged, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov told the media on Monday, confirming earlier media reports.

    The embassy refrained from commenting on Koren’s visit over the weekend, but the Russian Foreign Ministry did say that the ambassador’s visit “was mostly to discuss the latest events in Syria and around it.”

    On Friday morning, Israeli planes attacked several targets in Syria, reportedly destroying advanced arms provided to the Lebanese militant movement Hezbollah. Syria’s air defense force fired anti-aircraft missiles at the planes as they were returning from the mission. Israel said it shot down one of the interceptors with its Arrow long-range SAMs.

    On Sunday, Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman threatened to destroy Syria’s air defenses if the country attacked Israeli warplanes again.

    READ MORE: Israeli minister threatens to destroy Syrian air defenses

    “Next time, if the Syrian aerial defense apparatus acts against our planes, we will destroy it,” Avigdor Lieberman told Israeli Public Radio on Sunday. “We won't hesitate. Israel's security is above everything else; there will be no compromise.”

    Israel has a long record of violating Syrian airspace with impunity that stretches back to before 2011, when the country’s current armed conflict began. Arguably the most famous incident occurred in 2007, when an alleged Israeli raid destroyed a suspected nuclear reactor in Syria’s Deir ez-Zor governorate.
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2918
    Points : 2952
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  franco on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:48 pm

    How has the composition of the air force of the Russian Air Force in Syria changed in 2015-2017?

    To date, the Russian Federation Air Force Group in Syria uses the airfield Khmeimim, as well as the airfields of the Shirat Hop in Homs and Tijas in Palmyra. Another Russian base was expected to appear in Syria at the Shayrat airfield, 35 kilometers south-east of Homs. Accommodation on the base would, if necessary, bring the number of combat aircraft to one hundred.

    In January 2016, the media reported on the transformation of the airport El-Kamyshly to a new Russian air base. Kurdish and Turkish media reported the arrival on January 16 on the territory of the 154th base of the Syrian army of 100 Russian military under the command of a certain lieutenant-general. The Russian delegation carried out an inspection inside the airport and around. On January 23, The Times published information about the arrival of 200 Russian military specialists who started work at the airport runway near El Qamishli. This information was confirmed by the sources of the publication in US intelligence. However, the use of the airfield did not begin.

    At the moment, the Russian air group in Syria has 24 aircraft.

    http://in24.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/C7S1_CrW4AAkcyg.jpg
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5922
    Points : 5961
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  Militarov on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:56 pm

    eehnie wrote:The team of reality deniers now shut-up. They tried to deny the reality, in line with the arguments of Israel, but failed.

    https://www.rt.com/news/381351-russia-israeli-ambassador-strikes-palmyra/

    Russia summoned Israeli ambassador over airstrikes near Palmyra

    Published time: 20 Mar, 2017 07:06
    Edited time: 20 Mar, 2017 07:27
    Get short URL

    Russia summoned Israeli ambassador over airstrikes near Palmyra
    An Israeli F-16 fighter jet © Amir Cohen / Reuters
    3.5K6

    The Russian Foreign Ministry summoned the Israeli ambassador in Moscow to demand explanations for the airstrikes Israel conducted near the Syrian city of Palmyra last week, the ministry confirmed.

    Read more

    FILE PHOTO: An Israeli Air Force F-15 fighter jet © Amir CohenSyria claims Israeli jet shot down after strike near Palmyra, IDF says all aircraft undamaged

    Ambassador Gary Koren was called in by Russia’s Foreign Ministry on Friday after news about the strike emerged, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov told the media on Monday, confirming earlier media reports.

    The embassy refrained from commenting on Koren’s visit over the weekend, but the Russian Foreign Ministry did say that the ambassador’s visit “was mostly to discuss the latest events in Syria and around it.”

    On Friday morning, Israeli planes attacked several targets in Syria, reportedly destroying advanced arms provided to the Lebanese militant movement Hezbollah. Syria’s air defense force fired anti-aircraft missiles at the planes as they were returning from the mission. Israel said it shot down one of the interceptors with its Arrow long-range SAMs.

    On Sunday, Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman threatened to destroy Syria’s air defenses if the country attacked Israeli warplanes again.

    READ MORE: Israeli minister threatens to destroy Syrian air defenses

    “Next time, if the Syrian aerial defense apparatus acts against our planes, we will destroy it,” Avigdor Lieberman told Israeli Public Radio on Sunday. “We won't hesitate. Israel's security is above everything else; there will be no compromise.”

    Israel has a long record of violating Syrian airspace with impunity that stretches back to before 2011, when the country’s current armed conflict began. Arguably the most famous incident occurred in 2007, when an alleged Israeli raid destroyed a suspected nuclear reactor in Syria’s Deir ez-Zor governorate.

    Sometimes i wonder if you are really this retarded or just being like 13, i dont have third explanation.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6637
    Points : 6741
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:04 pm


    AlMasdar news says Russian sub fired cruise missiles at ISIS.

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/russian-navy-launches-cruise-missiles-isil-eastern-syria/
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4489
    Points : 4654
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:10 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    AlMasdar news says Russian sub fired cruise missiles at ISIS.

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/russian-navy-launches-cruise-missiles-isil-eastern-syria/

    Looks like (ironically) Passover has arrived early... Wink

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon May 28, 2018 5:00 am