Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Share
    avatar
    zg18

    Posts : 885
    Points : 959
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  zg18 on Wed May 04, 2016 7:41 pm

    Victory day parade at Hmeyim base

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5897
    Points : 5962
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  JohninMK on Wed May 04, 2016 10:29 pm

    What is the aircraft at 1.15 with the overwing engines. Not seen that there before.

    See the winter is over, the troops are back in their shorts.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5922
    Points : 5961
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  Militarov on Wed May 04, 2016 10:42 pm

    JohninMK wrote:What is the aircraft at 1.15 with the overwing engines. Not seen that there before.

    See the winter is over, the troops are back in their shorts.

    Antonov An-72
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6637
    Points : 6741
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed May 04, 2016 11:01 pm

    JohninMK wrote:What is the aircraft at 1.15 with the overwing engines. Not seen that there before.

    See the winter is over, the troops are back in their shorts.

    And sneakers, check out 0:40 Cool


    Last edited by PapaDragon on Wed May 04, 2016 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : time)
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7176
    Points : 7456
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  sepheronx on Wed May 04, 2016 11:05 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:What is the aircraft at 1.15 with the overwing engines. Not seen that there before.

    See the winter is over, the troops are back in their shorts.

    And sneakers, check out 1:30 Cool  

    You mean at ~0:40, cause 1:30 is the end.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6637
    Points : 6741
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed May 04, 2016 11:18 pm


    Yeah, fixed that, it's 0:40 ground crewman in sneakers, pretty much same thing I would do in his place...
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2147
    Points : 2246
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  higurashihougi on Thu May 05, 2016 11:42 am

    #Pray for Palmira #Pray for Syria #Abdulamir Abu Tin

    https://www.rt.com/news/341896-gergiev-palmyra-concert-prokhorenko/

    Renowned conductor Valery Gergiev will lead a concert in the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra to support the restoration of the UNESCO site and honor victims of the war, as the remains of Officer Prokhorenkom, who died heroically there, return to Russia.

    The world-famous conductor offered his support to the embattled city that was devastated by Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) terrorists who occupied the site for some 10 months before it was liberated by Syrian troops with Russian air support.

    Gergiev will conduct a symphonic orchestra performance titled “Pray for Palmyra. Music revives ancient remains” to commemorate those who lost their lives liberating the city from IS and to back the tremendous efforts needed to restore Palmyra’s ruined architectural gems.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 2466
    Points : 2508
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu May 05, 2016 12:18 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:#Pray for Palmira #Pray for Syria #Abdulamir Abu Tin

    https://www.rt.com/news/341896-gergiev-palmyra-concert-prokhorenko/

    Renowned conductor Valery Gergiev will lead a concert in the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra to support the restoration of the UNESCO site and honor victims of the war, as the remains of Officer Prokhorenkom, who died heroically there, return to Russia.

    The world-famous conductor offered his support to the embattled city that was devastated by Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) terrorists who occupied the site for some 10 months before it was liberated by Syrian troops with Russian air support.

    Gergiev will conduct a symphonic orchestra performance titled “Pray for Palmyra. Music revives ancient remains” to commemorate those who lost their lives liberating the city from IS and to back the tremendous efforts needed to restore Palmyra’s ruined architectural gems.

    So Palmyra was not destroyed by Russians and and liberated by US an doggies allies? affraid





    ult

    Posts : 655
    Points : 695
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  ult on Thu May 05, 2016 1:28 pm





    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4489
    Points : 4654
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu May 05, 2016 6:25 pm

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5897
    Points : 5962
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  JohninMK on Thu May 05, 2016 7:07 pm

    This is another top ZH thread. This time on the concert. Some brilliant posts.

    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-05/russian-orchestra-performs-concert-syrias-palmyra-ruins-recently-held-isis-live-webc

    The concert itself is in the previous post
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5897
    Points : 5962
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  JohninMK on Thu May 05, 2016 7:12 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:What is the aircraft at 1.15 with the overwing engines. Not seen that there before.

    See the winter is over, the troops are back in their shorts.

    And sneakers, check out 1:30 Cool  

    You mean at ~0:40, cause 1:30 is the end.
    How about the soldier on the right wearing the, up till now, highly secret mini satellite uplink headset. Must be SF, the drum is to confuse the enemy or used as a counterbalance.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5922
    Points : 5961
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  Militarov on Fri May 06, 2016 3:32 pm



    Filmed in Aleppo. Some kind of high-ressure coolant cannister? Azot?
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6637
    Points : 6741
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri May 06, 2016 10:06 pm


    Heavy metal lol1



    http://www.euronews.com/2016/05/05/work-at-the-russian-airbase-hmeymim-in-latakia-to-advance-the-truce-in-syria/
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5922
    Points : 5961
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  Militarov on Sat May 07, 2016 2:12 am



    Прохоренко, pic apparently taken in Syria.

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4014
    Points : 4037
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat May 07, 2016 5:09 am

    Militarov wrote:

    Filmed in Aleppo. Some kind of high-ressure coolant cannister? Azot?

    Usually it has a black lacquering.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5922
    Points : 5961
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  Militarov on Sat May 07, 2016 6:28 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

    Filmed in Aleppo. Some kind of high-ressure coolant cannister? Azot?

    Usually it has a black lacquering.

    Yeah, black or green. This one is unusual, i cant rly make out the markings tho, it might be something totally different which i am failing to recognise.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4014
    Points : 4037
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat May 07, 2016 11:50 am

    Unfortunately I do recognize something like it...from a museum.

    It looks like an OKT 11SubM incendiary derivative used with an Ampulomet or an the ABK 500 Subtraps.
    http://img.valka.cz/attachments/4461/thumbs/1291186824_P1050504.jpg

    http://topwar.ru/581-ampulomet-zabytoe-oruzhie-vov.html

    So two possible explanations. BS from "Opposition" (after all they have been seen using stunts like these for propaganda, not unlike the SAA guys), or indeed the SAA or Russia are destrocking these things to burn these guys.

    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5922
    Points : 5961
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  Militarov on Sat May 07, 2016 1:02 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Unfortunately I do recognize something like it...from a museum.

    It looks like an OKT 11SubM incendiary derivative used with an Ampulomet or an the ABK 500 Subtraps.
    http://img.valka.cz/attachments/4461/thumbs/1291186824_P1050504.jpg

    http://topwar.ru/581-ampulomet-zabytoe-oruzhie-vov.html

    So two possible explanations. BS from "Opposition" (after all they have been seen using stunts like these for propaganda, not unlike the SAA guys), or indeed the SAA or Russia are destrocking these things to burn these guys.


    I dont think these things survived to this day... that would be really too much. It wasnt very safe even back in time lol
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7176
    Points : 7456
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  sepheronx on Sat May 07, 2016 7:09 pm



    Russian new army base in Palmyra. So far, protected with Pantsir-S2

    A few buks are needed and it will be a hardened base for sure.
    avatar
    zg18

    Posts : 885
    Points : 959
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  zg18 on Sun May 08, 2016 7:40 pm

    Military parade rehearsal at Hmeyim base, AFP


    ult

    Posts : 655
    Points : 695
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  ult on Sun May 08, 2016 7:59 pm

    http://aviadrive.ru/posts/273/





















    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5922
    Points : 5961
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  Militarov on Mon May 09, 2016 3:23 am









    "Project 141 Kashtan class KIL158 carried two patrol boats to Tartus Syria, possibly 2xProjekt 03160 Raptor"
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5922
    Points : 5961
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  Militarov on Mon May 09, 2016 3:26 am

    Two more shots:



    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5922
    Points : 5961
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  Militarov on Mon May 09, 2016 4:10 am

    Russian humanitarian aid being handed out to displaced civilians in Jbab, Eastern Hama:






    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #9

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon May 28, 2018 10:08 am