Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+70
nemrod
sheytanelkebir
mack8
Kadmos45
Azi
ult
krakovv
Viktor
arpakola
Teshub
NationalRus
Shadåw
sweartome123
zepia
KoTeMoRe
JohninMK
calm
Cyrus the great
Aldin_Aba
PapaDragon
Morpheus Eberhardt
ExBeobachter1987
wilhelm
BKP
GarryB
sepheronx
Firebird
crod
zorobabel
Boshoed
medo
Bolt
Rodinazombie
Godric
Regular
Karl Haushofer
TheArmenian
higurashihougi
d_taddei2
AlfaT8
OminousSpudd
Boban
Airbornewolf
x_54_u43
AK-Rex
flamming_python
Walther von Oldenburg
Neutrality
KiloGolf
dionis
Erk
Zivo
par far
short_fuze
Dima
max steel
jhelb
GunshipDemocracy
magnumcromagnon
Isos
Solncepek
franco
auslander
kvs
Werewolf
ultron
George1
zenmonk
zg18
Vann7
74 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8

George1
    George1

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8

Post  George1 Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:37 pm

i have banned that troll, dont continue his discussion pls..
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8

Post  Werewolf Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:58 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    zenmonk wrote:Surface-to-air missiles in Syria is going to change the balance of power on the ground. It will allow the moderate opposition to be able to neutralize the helicopters and aircraft that are dropping chemicals and have been carpet-bombing them, just like surface-to-air missiles in Afghanistan were able to change the balance of power there. How the Russians  see it and what are the counter tactics the Russians likely to adopt to neutralise it?  Hope i may have good response from you. Thanks, Zen.

Like they didn't change the balance in Afghanistan, they will not change it in Syria. The "Stingers" in Afghanistan downed about 70 aircraft à year and the Mujahidins couldn't hold any urban node. Even in Panshir. Here the deal is even better most of the areas to target with manpads are either already isolated or difficult to supply by border. ironically the only areas that could be used as stage for an AA ambush are being treated by High Ceiling craft not by CAS. For CAS AAA is almost more dangerous than Manpads. So basically the train to arm the Moderats has left à month ago.

No stinger never had so much kills, just bollocks.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:16 pm

kvs wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Arming an enemy with proper SAMs can be a two edged sword that can come back to bite.

I have little doubt that the Russians have quietly mentioned both to the Saudis the effect of giving the flip-flops the same facilities as well as to the US about, how shall we say it, accidental use on the wrong target.

No problem, any civilian airliner that gets shot down will be blamed on Putin.   There will be an orgy of hate propaganda
    in the NATO mass media.   The NATO MSM could not ask for a better gift.
    I was actually thinking of accidentally downing a USAF plane.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:19 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Arming an enemy with proper SAMs can be a two edged sword that can come back to bite.

I have little doubt that the Russians have quietly mentioned both to the Saudis the effect of giving the flip-flops the same facilities as well as to the US about, how shall we say it, accidental use on the wrong target.

No problem, any civilian airliner that gets shot down will be blamed on Putin.   There will be an orgy of hate propaganda
    in the NATO mass media.   The NATO MSM could not ask for a better gift.
    I was actually thinking of accidentally downing a USAF plane.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 Fig1-5

I am quite sure they would supply them with IFF interrogators too, not like they would risk it.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:32 pm

I would imagine that the Saudi's have already been told by the Russians that if the Syrian rebels get MANPADS then so do the Yemen's. I'm also sure a similar message has been conveyed to the Turks.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    zenmonk wrote:Surface-to-air missiles in Syria is going to change the balance of power on the ground. It will allow the moderate opposition to be able to neutralize the helicopters and aircraft that are dropping chemicals and have been carpet-bombing them, just like surface-to-air missiles in Afghanistan were able to change the balance of power there. How the Russians  see it and what are the counter tactics the Russians likely to adopt to neutralise it?  Hope i may have good response from you. Thanks, Zen.

Like they didn't change the balance in Afghanistan, they will not change it in Syria. The "Stingers" in Afghanistan downed about 70 aircraft à year and the Mujahidins couldn't hold any urban node. Even in Panshir. Here the deal is even better most of the areas to target with manpads are either already isolated or difficult to supply by border. ironically the only areas that could be used as stage for an AA ambush are being treated by High Ceiling craft not by CAS. For CAS AAA is almost more dangerous than Manpads. So basically the train to arm the Moderats has left à month ago.

No stinger never had so much kills, just bollocks.

That's what they killed in total, I'm on my smartphone set on French, autotype changed all to a.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:09 pm

Werewolf wrote:I see bigger influx of trolls participating in masturbation amongst themselfs.

No wonder i and others post less and less.

X2

I think Vladimir needs to make an executive decision about this situation.

The main question is if the goal is for the forum

1- to continue becoming a low-quality free-for-all or instead

2- the trolls and semi-trolls will swiftly get banned to transform the forum back to a place for knowledgeable serious members.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:13 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:I see bigger influx of trolls participating in masturbation amongst themselfs.

X2

2- the trolls and semi-trolls will swiftly get banned to transform the forum back to a place for knowledgeable serious members.
    George 1 killed a troll today. A step in the right direction.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:16 pm

George1 wrote:i have banned that troll, dont continue his discussion pls..

Thanks, George.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:16 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:

X2

George 1 killed a troll today. A step in the right direction.

thumbsup
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:27 pm

A step yes, but there mast be a balance in import and export of trolls. George use China as an example, thanks.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:35 am

Haven't seen this before. What looks to be a very heavily loaded Ropucha class landing ship 131 Alexander Otrakovski returning to the Black Sea from Syria. They don't run that low in the water southbound. Carrying 'stuff' back for repair perhaps.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 031_1

5th photo down at https://turkishnavy.net/

What a Ropucha looks like normally northbound

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 1271

Last edited by JohninMK on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Second item added)
    ult

Post  ult Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:36 am

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:58 am

Interesting. After watching a new documentary about the T-14, they had a short segment in which they mentioned the FAB-250 employed by the Aerospace forces, and that it only costs 355,000 Rubles for the VKS to procure/buy. With current exchange rates were talking about a munition that costs less than $5,000 USD to purchase (between $4,700-4,800), which explains why the Tu22M3's are making good use of them....Hell the Tu22M3's are partying...err going on bombing runs like it's 1999 (Yuglosavia).[/darkhumor]
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:16 am

thumbsup
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:25 pm

JohninMK wrote:Haven't seen this before. What looks to be a very heavily loaded Ropucha class landing ship 131 Alexander Otrakovski returning to the Black Sea from Syria. They don't run that low in the water southbound. Carrying 'stuff' back for repair perhaps.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 031_1

5th photo down at https://turkishnavy.net/

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Большие_десантные_корабли_проекта_775
    Ropucha
    Displacement 2900 t (empty)
    3450 t (normal)
    4,400 tons (full)

Normal load is~450 ton according to wiki so this one might cayyr 1500t not muh for merchant ship but still ammo/medicicaments/fuel still reasonable load.

Spaßverderber Razz
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Meanwhile our Saudi friends are suggesting they have nukes. I suspect this is a grave threat to Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LMwVoQbS4&feature=youtu.be

zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:39 pm

jhelb wrote:Meanwhile our Saudi friends are suggesting they have nukes. I suspect this is a grave threat to Russia.

Of course they "have", they have bankrolled Pakistani bomb project (and also Iraqi during Saddam era), in their minds it is their "bomb" also. Although, i`m not sure Pakistanis share they same way.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:40 pm

jhelb wrote:Meanwhile our Saudi friends are suggesting they have nukes. I suspect this is a grave threat to Russia.

They would be glassed the moment they look at Russia (or any nuke nation) the wrong way. Just more hot air...

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Intelligence gathering ship Priazove SSV201 transits Bosphorus:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 Cbv2wYVW0AE_M8v

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 Cbv27siWIAE2mXb

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 Cbv2764WwAAS3cG

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:48 pm

Militarov wrote:Intelligence gathering ship Priazove SSV201 transits Bosphorus:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 Cbv2wYVW0AE_M8v

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 Cbv27siWIAE2mXb

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 Cbv2764WwAAS3cG

Video too

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:05 pm

Huraytan was targeted by Russian incendiary bombs, at least so is claimed by militants in that area:

Post  Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:20 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 Image10
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:29 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #8 - Page 2 Image10

Russian Airstrikes the Domino Effect!

Bomb one, get all!
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Militarov wrote:Huraytan was targeted by Russian incendiary bombs, at least so is claimed by militants in that area:

Bombs outside the village sounds more like the SyAF or MLRS.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am