Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Share
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11422
    Points : 11901
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  George1 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:21 pm



    Combat helicopter Mi-24Pfrom the air group οf Russian airbase Hmeymim near Latakia


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Vann7

    Posts : 3786
    Points : 3892
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Vann7 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:32 am

    JohninMK wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Militarov wrote:"Russian A-50E AWACS  appeared in the airspace over Syria.

    The Beriev A-50 (NATO reporting name “Mainstay”) is a Russian Airborne early warning and control (AEW) aircraft based on the Ilyushin Il-76 transport. The A-50E airborne early warning and contol aircraft is intended to perofrm the following missions: detection, tracking and IFF determination of the air and surface targets, surveilance, command, control and communication functions for both commands posts of automatic control systems, guidance of fighters to air targets and attack aviation to serface targates.

    Earlier  German Defense Ministry informed about that NATO is preparing to relocate E-3 Sentry AWACS aircraft from Germany to Turkey’s Konya base, to monitor airspace at the border with Syria. A third of the personnel will be from Germany."


    Hmmm...

    Source: http://defence-blog.com/news/russian-a-50e-awacs-appeared-in-the-airspace-over-syria.html

    NATO ratcheting up the tension in the region.   WTF does NATO need AWACS for if it is only fighting Daesh.
    Yup no need at all, NATO has under its control a fully operational three year old AN/TPY-2 radar deployed at Matatya in the middle of Turkey, which should provide pretty good coverage over most of Syria, plus Turkey has its own radar system.

    The AWACS is part of the package that NATO cobbled together to make Erdo feel loved and protected by its big brother. Waste of money really.

    The A-50 is different in that it will provide coverage to the east of the limit of the range of the S-400, plus fill in its radar shadow areas. That is when its airborne. As a comparison NATO has 18 or so E-3A up its sleeve.

    Germany are supplying another 4 photo-recce Tornados as well. Again, not sure why given the assets already there.

    Perhaps one theory is that  the AWACS are fully controlled by Germany and supplied there to monitor what happens in the border ,so no longer Turkey can pull claims of "air space violation"
    risking them to contradict them. This is one posibility. the other was of course under American
    pressure. The fact that Pentagon was pressuring Germany to deploy more military "in the fight against ISIS" in public , means that the contacts in private ,have not achieved what US wanted.

    You have France speaking about "sharing information with Russia" in public against ISIS , and Pentagon requesting Germany to move more military in the middle east. So its looks like Americans are not getting the kind of cooperation they wanted from France and or Germany.
    Merkel was also in public (before they deployed in middle east) requesting US to join Russia efforts.  all those things in public record at very least happened. Germany have nothing to gain
    from ISIS destroying Syria ,other than seeing more refugees in Europe.

    Of course all of this is just possibilities of what could be happening. ie. France and Germany not cooperating with Americans enough and or distancing.. but is also possible that behind the scenes is all a show. So if i was to bet. ill give 70% probability that germany awacs are more to monitory Turkey than Russia operations. It could also be against Assad too ,and not necessarily against Russia. ie. Germany might find easier to keep distance from US policies on Syria if Assad no longer the leader and no longer Americans can justify the disbanding of Syria ,destroying it without Assad any more in control there.be the opposite.

    That said.. i can't hardly imagine merkel feeling any sympathy for the beardies, Alack snackbars any different than Putin. If any the disbanding of Syria and Americans getting what they want will means more refugees in Germany. Neither i think Merkel likes to be forced to take refugees
    or any Sanctions on Russia. Germany is not a fully free country and its gold reserves and savings in American banks is a powerful blackmail tool that Obama could use to pressure germany. Same way they did with France to sabotage the mistral sale.. even when Hollande
    wanted to sell them.
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2959
    Points : 2988
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  max steel on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:58 am

    From Syria with love


    avatar
    Regular

    Posts : 2071
    Points : 2071
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Regular on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:43 pm

    Guys what do You think about Russia cooperating by us created terrorists http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/24/europe/putin-taliban-isis/
    Me thinks Russia should support those bitches and help them take hold of Pakiland and Arsestan

    Vann7

    Posts : 3786
    Points : 3892
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Vann7 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:50 am

    Regular wrote:Guys what do You think about Russia cooperating by us created terrorists http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/24/europe/putin-taliban-isis/
    Me thinks Russia should support those bitches and help them take hold of Pakiland and Arsestan


    Talibans some of them , fight US simply because of the occupation of their country by them.
    Some Talibans joined ISIS..this is what Obama called "good talibans." That is good for American
    Policy since agreed to aim their guns at Russia and not to US. So Russia could benefit in supplying weapons to some taliban groups who fight ISIS . But all of them are islamic radicals.
    So Any support there to beat ISIS will have to be limited and with a lot of monitoring.

    So the answer to your question depends on what benefit vs risk Russia get . Only Russia knows
    if arming Talibans is better than not arming them. If there are Talibans that fight ISIS in afganistan.. at very least Russia could provide logistics of ISIS positions. to weaken ISIS.
    Talibans were never a problem for Russia in decades. so better weak enemy you know ,that a stronger one backed by Americans. and ready to aim their guns at Russia.

    short_fuze

    Posts : 273
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2015-12-09

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  short_fuze on Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:57 am

    Vann7 wrote:
    Regular wrote:Guys what do You think about Russia cooperating by us created terrorists http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/24/europe/putin-taliban-isis/
    Me thinks Russia should support those bitches and help them take hold of Pakiland and Arsestan


    Talibans some of them , fight US simply because of the occupation of their country by them.
    Some Talibans joined ISIS..this is what Obama called "good talibans." That is good for American
    Policy since agreed to aim their guns at Russia and not to US.  So Russia could benefit in supplying weapons to some taliban groups who fight ISIS . But all of them are islamic radicals.
    So Any support there to beat ISIS will have to be limited and with a lot of monitoring.

    So the answer to your question depends on what benefit vs risk Russia get . Only Russia knows
    if arming Talibans is better than not arming them. If there are Talibans that fight ISIS in afganistan.. at very least Russia could provide logistics of ISIS positions. to weaken ISIS.
    Talibans were never a problem for Russia in decades. so better weak enemy you know ,that a stronger one backed by Americans. and ready to aim their guns at Russia.

    The Taliban also were not keen on having opium grown, though that may have changed over the years, if they have benefitted from the immense amount of money it generates. The US/UK forces around Camp Bastion have certainly protected local growers, according to reports from a UK soldier based there some time ago. Cutting down opium production would also put a pinch on CIA finances, which would be a good thing it itself.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4489
    Points : 4654
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:38 am

    short_fuze wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:
    Regular wrote:Guys what do You think about Russia cooperating by us created terrorists http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/24/europe/putin-taliban-isis/
    Me thinks Russia should support those bitches and help them take hold of Pakiland and Arsestan


    Talibans some of them , fight US simply because of the occupation of their country by them.
    Some Talibans joined ISIS..this is what Obama called "good talibans." That is good for American
    Policy since agreed to aim their guns at Russia and not to US.  So Russia could benefit in supplying weapons to some taliban groups who fight ISIS . But all of them are islamic radicals.
    So Any support there to beat ISIS will have to be limited and with a lot of monitoring.

    So the answer to your question depends on what benefit vs risk Russia get . Only Russia knows
    if arming Talibans is better than not arming them. If there are Talibans that fight ISIS in afganistan.. at very least Russia could provide logistics of ISIS positions. to weaken ISIS.
    Talibans were never a problem for Russia in decades. so better weak enemy you know ,that a stronger one backed by Americans. and ready to aim their guns at Russia.

    The Taliban also were not keen on having opium grown, though that may have changed over the years, if they have benefitted from the immense amount of money it generates. The US/UK forces around Camp Bastion have certainly protected local growers, according to  reports from a UK soldier based there some time ago. Cutting down opium production would also put a pinch on CIA finances, which would be a good thing it itself.

    For people who are in doubt:


    short_fuze

    Posts : 273
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2015-12-09

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  short_fuze on Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:28 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    short_fuze wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:
    Regular wrote:Guys what do You think about Russia cooperating by us created terrorists http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/24/europe/putin-taliban-isis/
    Me thinks Russia should support those bitches and help them take hold of Pakiland and Arsestan


    Talibans some of them , fight US simply because of the occupation of their country by them.
    Some Talibans joined ISIS..this is what Obama called "good talibans." That is good for American
    Policy since agreed to aim their guns at Russia and not to US.  So Russia could benefit in supplying weapons to some taliban groups who fight ISIS . But all of them are islamic radicals.
    So Any support there to beat ISIS will have to be limited and with a lot of monitoring.

    So the answer to your question depends on what benefit vs risk Russia get . Only Russia knows
    if arming Talibans is better than not arming them. If there are Talibans that fight ISIS in afganistan.. at very least Russia could provide logistics of ISIS positions. to weaken ISIS.
    Talibans were never a problem for Russia in decades. so better weak enemy you know ,that a stronger one backed by Americans. and ready to aim their guns at Russia.

    The Taliban also were not keen on having opium grown, though that may have changed over the years, if they have benefitted from the immense amount of money it generates. The US/UK forces around Camp Bastion have certainly protected local growers, according to  reports from a UK soldier based there some time ago. Cutting down opium production would also put a pinch on CIA finances, which would be a good thing it itself.

    For people who are in doubt:


    Sorry, I didn't have time to find & post the link about the British soldier's report.

    Here is an image from it showing people in fields adjacent to Camp Bastion perimeter harvesting poppies.

    http://www.globalresearch.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Afghanistan-opium-field-1024x562.jpg

    Here is the complete report

    http://www.globalresearch.ca/afghan-opium-harvesting-protected-by-british-occupation-forces/5470988
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2959
    Points : 2988
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  max steel on Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:28 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    It finally dawned on them but naturally we still have obligatory "ZOMG Russia doomed!!!1!1!!" parts sprinkled around... Cool


    U.S. sees bearable costs, key goals met for Russia in Syria so far

    http://news.yahoo.com/u-sees-bearable-costs-key-goals-met-russia-061507121.html

    WASHINGTON


    Just sharing it again I know it has been discussed earlier : How Russian engineering made the current operation in Syria possible


    Russians came up with a much better solution.Instead of mounting a kit on an old bomb and lose the kit every time, the Russians mounted a JDAM-like kit, but on the airplane. Introducing the SVP-24. SVP-24 is good the same or even tactically more convenient than sugarcoated Jdams.



    avatar
    Mustafa

    Posts : 100
    Points : 106
    Join date : 2015-11-24
    Age : 27
    Location : Bafra

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Mustafa on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:00 pm

    See, as i said, Things cool down and are never as hot as they start with. Smile Happy new year btw
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4014
    Points : 4037
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:53 pm

    Mustafa wrote:See, as i said, Things cool down and are never as hot as they start with. Smile Happy new year btw

    What part of the current uptempo of operations and complete blocking of Turkish strategy IN Syria and Iraq is exactly cooling down?

    Do you live in a parallel universe or do you need more counseling on the side-effects of your roid intake?

    Currently the Russian campaign of targeting Turkish bound and coming convoys is suffocating the rebellion around Aleppo. The only cooling down so far has been the one that FSA/ISIS/JAN bodies have been doing recently.
    avatar
    Mustafa

    Posts : 100
    Points : 106
    Join date : 2015-11-24
    Age : 27
    Location : Bafra

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Mustafa on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:13 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Mustafa wrote:See, as i said, Things cool down and are never as hot as they start with. Smile Happy new year btw

    What part of the current uptempo of operations and complete blocking of Turkish strategy IN Syria and Iraq is exactly cooling down?

    Do you live in a parallel universe or do you need more counseling on the side-effects of your roid intake?

    Currently the Russian campaign of targeting Turkish bound and coming convoys is suffocating the rebellion around Aleppo. The only cooling down so far has been the one that FSA/ISIS/JAN bodies have been doing recently.

    Look, why getting personal?

    I take no roids. I look like a perfectly healthy trained young male looks like. Someone who takes roids would propably be twice my size. Maybe you are so far from reality and only know your degenerated nerd friends but thats none of my business.

    Beside that we talk about russia here, not a great power at all. The effects russia has in syria are minimal.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6637
    Points : 6741
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:48 pm

    Mustafa wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Mustafa wrote:See, as i said, Things cool down and are never as hot as they start with. Smile Happy new year btw

    What part of the current uptempo of operations and complete blocking of Turkish strategy IN Syria and Iraq is exactly cooling down?

    Do you live in a parallel universe or do you need more counseling on the side-effects of your roid intake?

    Currently the Russian campaign of targeting Turkish bound and coming convoys is suffocating the rebellion around Aleppo. The only cooling down so far has been the one that FSA/ISIS/JAN bodies have been doing recently.

    Look, why getting personal?

    I take no roids. I look like a perfectly healthy trained young male looks like. Someone who takes roids would propably be twice my size. Maybe you are so far from reality and only know your degenerated nerd friends but thats none of my business.

    Beside that we talk about russia here, not a great power at all. The effects russia has in syria are minimal.

    I thought steroid use only reduces your balls but in your case it has effect on brain as well...

    If you think that Russia is not tearing you a new one then why are you even here?
    avatar
    Mustafa

    Posts : 100
    Points : 106
    Join date : 2015-11-24
    Age : 27
    Location : Bafra

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Mustafa on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:25 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Mustafa wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Mustafa wrote:See, as i said, Things cool down and are never as hot as they start with. Smile Happy new year btw

    What part of the current uptempo of operations and complete blocking of Turkish strategy IN Syria and Iraq is exactly cooling down?

    Do you live in a parallel universe or do you need more counseling on the side-effects of your roid intake?

    Currently the Russian campaign of targeting Turkish bound and coming convoys is suffocating the rebellion around Aleppo. The only cooling down so far has been the one that FSA/ISIS/JAN bodies have been doing recently.

    Look, why getting personal?

    I take no roids. I look like a perfectly healthy trained young male looks like. Someone who takes roids would propably be twice my size. Maybe you are so far from reality and only know your degenerated nerd friends but thats none of my business.

    Beside that we talk about russia here, not a great power at all. The effects russia has in syria are minimal.

    I thought steroid use only reduces your balls but in your case it has effect on brain as well...

    If you think that Russia is not tearing you a new one then why are you even here?

    The only one with no balls and a second asshole would be the serbs. Very Happy The albanians fucked you up good. Kosovo is the best humilation in the last decade. Very Happy
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4014
    Points : 4037
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:58 pm

    Mustafa wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Mustafa wrote:See, as i said, Things cool down and are never as hot as they start with. Smile Happy new year btw

    What part of the current uptempo of operations and complete blocking of Turkish strategy IN Syria and Iraq is exactly cooling down?

    Do you live in a parallel universe or do you need more counseling on the side-effects of your roid intake?

    Currently the Russian campaign of targeting Turkish bound and coming convoys is suffocating the rebellion around Aleppo. The only cooling down so far has been the one that FSA/ISIS/JAN bodies have been doing recently.

    Look, why getting personal?

    I take no roids. I look like a perfectly healthy trained young male looks like. Someone who takes roids would propably be twice my size. Maybe you are so far from reality and only know your degenerated nerd friends but thats none of my business.

    Beside that we talk about russia here, not a great power at all. The effects russia has in syria are minimal.

    Please we don't have a Tom of Finland section, so when i think of a healthy good looking guy, I think about my own son, and he wears 30 in size not 34.
    Beyond that, Russia's impact on this war:

    http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-idUKKBN0UD0Z120151230

    There are much more indications, including and article from the WaPo about how Russia can afford to stay put in Surya for decades, since all expenses are from the current Budget.
    avatar
    Neutrality

    Posts : 853
    Points : 871
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Neutrality on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:03 pm

    One big pro at MP.net was about guys like Mustafa getting banned immediately. This website somehow doesn't mind insults adressed to not just an individual but an entire nation.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4014
    Points : 4037
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:07 pm

    Neutrality wrote:One big pro at MP.net was about guys like Mustafa getting banned immediately. This website somehow doesn't mind insults adressed to not just an individual but an entire nation.

    Why he's ridiculing himself. Let him be, sometimes you need a fool for fun.
    avatar
    Mustafa

    Posts : 100
    Points : 106
    Join date : 2015-11-24
    Age : 27
    Location : Bafra

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Mustafa on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:49 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:One big pro at MP.net was about guys like Mustafa getting banned immediately. This website somehow doesn't mind insults adressed to not just an individual but an entire nation.

    Why he's ridiculing himself. Let him be, sometimes you need a fool for fun.

    you are wrong. I just find it amusing to read bullshit people write who never saw a pussy in their entire life.

    Like that serbian guy lol or you for example.

    Boshoed

    Posts : 35
    Points : 37
    Join date : 2015-10-08

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Boshoed on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:04 pm

    Why are you lot even bothering to reply to him? He's an obvious troll, and his only purpose is to derail the threads on this site. It's honestly not even worth replying to him, all he is doing is antagonising you, which is exactly what he wants.

    short_fuze

    Posts : 273
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2015-12-09

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  short_fuze on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:07 pm

    Neutrality wrote:One big pro at MP.net was about guys like Mustafa getting banned immediately. This website somehow doesn't mind insults adressed to not just an individual but an entire nation.

    Ignore the troll and he will move on. Do not feed the troll.

    fragmachine

    Posts : 124
    Points : 129
    Join date : 2014-05-28
    Location : Poland

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  fragmachine on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:22 pm

    Well, at least in one Mustafa is right. He can see a pussy everyday. Be it if he look straight into the mirror, or needs to piss off lol1 really, those Turd eunuchs in Turdogan harem are funny, really funny sometimes lol1

    Waiting for Turdkey to try and make a mess in Armenia. Maybe poke it even more, and send S-400 defences for Armenia base? Would be fun pirat
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6637
    Points : 6741
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:46 pm

    Mustafa wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:One big pro at MP.net was about guys like Mustafa getting banned immediately. This website somehow doesn't mind insults adressed to not just an individual but an entire nation.

    Why he's ridiculing himself. Let him be, sometimes you need a fool for fun.

    you are wrong. I just find it amusing to read bullshit people write who never saw a pussy in their entire life.

    Like that serbian guy lol or you for example.

    Talking about me?

    Because I definitely see an extra pussy now:



    lol1
    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1139
    Points : 1149
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:56 pm

    Mustafa wrote:
    you are wrong. I just find it amusing to read bullshit people write who never saw a pussy in their entire life.

    If I feel the urge to look at a pussy, i'll simply open this thread and look at your photo...

    FFS... how childish and puerile can you be?
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4014
    Points : 4037
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:15 pm

    Mustafa wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:One big pro at MP.net was about guys like Mustafa getting banned immediately. This website somehow doesn't mind insults adressed to not just an individual but an entire nation.

    Why he's ridiculing himself. Let him be, sometimes you need a fool for fun.

    you are wrong. I just find it amusing to read bullshit people write who never saw a pussy in their entire life.

    Like that serbian guy lol or you for example.

    Wrong on what? Assad is safe, the bombings are having an effect, the US has accepted the regime isn't going anywhere soon. Meanwhile, Turkey sends troops to its own towns to kill Kurds. Looks like Paradise Turkestan is going bust.
    The endgame is really simple. Turkey's gamble backfired the moment it shot that plane.
    avatar
    Walther von Oldenburg

    Posts : 942
    Points : 997
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 27
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:55 pm

    Kotemor, what are your predictions about the future of Russo-Kurdish relations? Will there be huge arms supplies to HPG/YPG or not?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon May 28, 2018 5:19 am