Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

    Posts : 872
    Points : 952
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 31
    Location : Indonesia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Stealthflanker on Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:33 pm

    Well..how about waitin until the investigation about that crash begin ?
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

    Posts : 277
    Points : 280
    Join date : 2015-08-27
    Location : USSR

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Solncepek on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:10 pm

    Russian elite units in Zabadani, Homs, Hama and Aleppo

    “Al-Rai” learned that “Special Elite Russian combat forces arrived to Hama, Aleppo, Homs, Damascus, as well as Zabadani to monitor, participate and study the military map on the field and suggest future workflow Combat plans. These Special Forces submit to the operating room suggestions to determine the full plan to start the flow of further Russian special combat forces and troops on the battlefield all over the Syrian map where it is necessary”.

    This development will be the largest Russian external military intervention since Afghanistan in 1979.

    A very senior field commander around Zabadani city said that “there are small Russian combat units, mostly sniper unit that we call the “Ivan unit”, another reconnaissance unit, a unit of urban warfare, and advanced missiles unit in the area of ​operations run by the Syrian Army. ”

    Ivan and Yulia belong to a Russian sniper unit that came recently to Zabadani. At the end of the day, the team left after shooting 4 deadly bullets. “I return to Aleppo where there is more action than Zabadani. Here there isn’t much left”, said Yulia before leaving Zabadani, according to the source.

    “Russia is beginning with what we define as a” quiet support ” supplying advanced technology and preparing a spearhead force before reaching a further level we call the” stormy Support “. We expect a large presence of troops that will be supported by Russian Air Force. There are around 2500 Russian fighters, military expert and consultant in Syria. The number is expected to go much higher in the near future “, confirm the source that is in contact with the Russian units on the Syrian ground.

    “There are two aspects for the Russian intervention in Syria: In the first, the front line should be reinforced, maintained and is expected later to recover more lands and lost cities. The second is to hunt and bomb the Islamic State (ISIS) group leaders as well as other extremist groups in Syria, without exception. There are no red lines for the Russian operational tactics against terrorism that may extend to Iraq if necessary. The Kremlin has decided to face and fight terrorism by all means and is determine to eliminate, not to contain, ISIS.
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Russian-troops-in-syria-e1441863599823
    http://fortruss.blogspot.bg/2015/10/russian-elite-units-in-zabadani-homs.html
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2729
    Points : 2884
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Cyberspec on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:57 pm

    There were reports about 'Ivan' snipers 2-3 weeks ago and some have credited them with the taking out of several rebel commanders in Aleppo. I doubt we'll see large regular Russian units taking part though...more likely some unofficial/volunteer type groups.


    PapaDragon wrote:Taylor Swift experienced triple orgasm last night. PapaDragon claims it was his job. love

    Laughing what a stud pirat
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2189
    Points : 2183
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Regular on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:14 pm

    Solncepek wrote:snip
    OFC there are Russians there, FOC or advisers and etc. But picture the one You posted is very old one. Those guys got into some problems after their trip to Syria. Nothing major, but they were left out of pocket.
    avatar
    Svyatoslavich

    Posts : 400
    Points : 401
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:27 pm

    ultron wrote:
    whir wrote:
    ultra wrote:If someone got killed and you claim responsibility then you would make yourself guilty of manslaughter.
    Are you for real? Laughing

    Believe it or not, if you claim responsibility for someone who got murdered, you get to be thrown in jail.
    I am not a lawyer nor have any formation in this, but confession alone is not accepted as evidence of who committed a crime, and no one will be throw to jail just for confessing a crime. It is very easy to guess why. What you are claiming is very stupid.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Guest on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:25 pm

    Warload in Latakia airbase:

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 CSrKxetUkAAYrfe

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 CSrKxfeUcAAmgiE

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 CSrKxUKVAAE1FCB
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8383
    Points : 8467
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:42 pm


    "In Syria, Russian media take a page from US playbook"

    http://news.yahoo.com/syria-russian-media-page-us-playbook-164313356.html

    --------------------------------

    "Alexandr Tkachenko", Syria Express.

    http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/69872/

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 CzAyMC5yYWRpa2FsLnJ1L2k3MjAvMTUxMC9lZi9hYmQzMzQ4MGQ4NDguanBnP19faWQ9Njk4NzI=

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 CzAyMC5yYWRpa2FsLnJ1L2k3MTAvMTUxMC9kYS9mZTg0ODdkZDk1OWEuanBnP19faWQ9Njk4NzI=

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 CzAxNy5yYWRpa2FsLnJ1L2k0MDcvMTUxMC83My9iZDViNDBjOWI1NzIuanBnP19faWQ9Njk4NzI=

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 F_czAxOS5yYWRpa2FsLnJ1L2k2MTQvMTUxMC81Yi82YWU4NDUxMWEyYzcuanBnP19faWQ9Njk4NzI=

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 CzAxNy5yYWRpa2FsLnJ1L2k0MTIvMTUxMC9jYy9lMzcwMzBhYmYxOWIuanBnP19faWQ9Njk4NzI=
    avatar
    cracker

    Posts : 232
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2014-09-04

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  cracker on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:40 am

    Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 CSk316QWUAERTpp

    Few photos of which this Syrian soldier claims to be Russian soldier and their vehicle. Looks like AKS-74 in his hands. Unifom however is unusual pattern for Russians, looks like version of uniform i saw few times on MVD members, some kind of Woodlandish pattern but never on soldiers. (and guy kinda does not look to me like he is Russian to be honest)

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Internal_Troops_of_the_Ministry_for_Internal_Affairs_(Russia)_(494-11)

    Reminds abit of Serbian M03 pattern too.



    Syrian woodland ripoff and russian woodland ripoff ("Lyes" aka forest, by analogy, woodland...) are not the same thing at all. Yes in the 2000s this camo (the oversuits made by the company which i forgot the name) was very popular in russian troops. Now, not so much, there are so many alternatives and modern camos available...

    And for the photo with obvious slav guy + in the BDU + the usual russian green digital gear, well, he's obviously wearing a syrian BDU for reasons (his clothes were fucked, he liked it, he wants to blend with syrians, etc, who knows)
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Guest on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:04 am



    Syrian woodland ripoff and russian woodland ripoff ("Lyes" aka forest, by analogy, woodland...) are not the same thing at all. Yes in the 2000s this camo (the oversuits made by the company which i forgot the name) was very popular in russian troops. Now, not so much, there are so many alternatives and modern camos available...

    And for the photo with obvious slav guy + in the BDU + the usual russian green digital gear, well, he's obviously wearing a syrian BDU for reasons (his clothes were fucked, he liked it, he wants to blend with syrians, etc, who knows)

    Well aware they are not the same. There are like at least 10-15 different woodland ripoffs around. Well tbh even uniform i served in, M03, is kinda woodland ripoff. However i found it very unusual for Russian soldier to wear Syrian uniform, somehow i cant find legit enough reason. In fact by what we here call PS ("Pravilo službe") discarting your service uniform is probably for firing squad Very Happy
    avatar
    Bidoul

    Posts : 54
    Points : 56
    Join date : 2015-06-30

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Bidoul on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:19 am

    [quote="Militarov"]


    However i found it very unusual for Russian soldier to wear Syrian uniform, somehow i cant find legit enough reason. In fact by what we here call PS ("Pravilo službe") discarting your service uniform is probably for firing squad Very Happy

    He's not wearing a Syrian uniform, it's the old "NATO/Les" pattern that was fairly popular 15 years ago (mainly in MVD though).

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 VJaAfm3

    As to why... could be they're issuing some to blend more with the syrians uniforms?

    Harder to get sniped if they can't tell who's Russian and who's Syrian. Easier to make joint units and hide yourself from the locals too (low footprint is key to counter-insurgency something the US still doesn't understand and Russia learned the hard way).
    avatar
    Austin

    Posts : 7446
    Points : 7843
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Austin on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:08 am

    Russia no longer a superpower: US

    WASHINGTON: Russia is no longer a superpower as its deteriorating economy is ranked "somewhere behind Spain", the White House on Thursday said and stressed that Moscow's influence is limited compared to the erstwhile Soviet Union.

    "Russia is no longer a superpower. Observed in the last couple of weeks that the condition of Russia's economy is weak and further deteriorating," White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters.

    "They are now the 15th-largest economy in the world, and they rank somewhere behind Spain," he said.

    Earnest said Russia does not have the kind of influence that the Soviet Union once did and it does not have the kind of economic power that the Soviet Union once was able to flex.

    "Their economy is getting worse, and Russia is isolated in a significant way. Not just from countries in Europe, but, as they get further engaged in a sectarian quagmire inside of Syria, they're finding that the only friends that they have there to fight in a difficult fight with them is a floundering Syrian government and the Iranian regime," he said.

    Earnest also earlier said that the US Navy scrambled four fighter jets to intercept Russian warplanes earlier this week near a US aircraft carrier operating off the Korean peninsula in the Sea of Japan.

    Two Russian planes flew close to the USS Ronald Reagan, prompting the mobilisation of four FA-18s, he said.

    "There were four FA-18 firers from the carrier airwing five that were launched to intercept the bombers and the US Navy aircraft did escort the Russian aircraft until they departed the area where the carrier, the USS Ronald Reagan was operating," he said.

    "We have previously raised concerns about Russian military aircraft essentially carrying out incursions on the sovereignty of other countries... This is a little bit different than that. This is -- these are international waters and international airspace," Earnest said.


    The US has regularly urged the Russian military to make sure that their operations in this space were consistent with generally accepted international protocols.

    This is a particular situation that did not result in a significant confrontation for that reason, he added.


    Earnest acknowledged that there's no doubt that there are some vigorous disagreements between our two countries on issues like Ukraine and Syria, most prominently.


    "We've been pretty candid about our concerns about Russians behaviour, particularly with regard to those two countries," he said.
    Erk
    Erk

    Posts : 483
    Points : 494
    Join date : 2015-04-26

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Erk on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:22 pm

    [quote="Austin"]Russia no longer a superpower: US

    WASHINGTON: Russia is no longer a superpower as its deteriorating economy is ranked "somewhere behind Spain", the White House on Thursday said and stressed that Moscow's influence is limited compared to the erstwhile Soviet Union.

    "Russia is no longer a superpower. Observed in the last couple of weeks that the condition of Russia's economy is weak and further deteriorating," White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters.

    I would like to see how the Washington explains why the US is one of the worlds largest debtor nations whilst Russia is still a creditor nation. The US economy is fake, run by money printing not goods and services.


    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3987
    Points : 4004
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:10 pm

    Austin wrote:Russia no longer a superpower: US

    WASHINGTON: Russia is no longer a superpower as its deteriorating economy is ranked "somewhere behind Spain", the White House on Thursday said and stressed that Moscow's influence is limited compared to the erstwhile Soviet Union.

    "Russia is no longer a superpower. Observed in the last couple of weeks that the condition of Russia's economy is weak and further deteriorating," White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters.

    "They are now the 15th-largest economy in the world, and they rank somewhere behind Spain," he said.

    Earnest said Russia does not have the kind of influence that the Soviet Union once did and it does not have the kind of economic power that the Soviet Union once was able to flex.

    "Their economy is getting worse, and Russia is isolated in a significant way. Not just from countries in Europe, but, as they get further engaged in a sectarian quagmire inside of Syria, they're finding that the only friends that they have there to fight in a difficult fight with them is a floundering Syrian government and the Iranian regime," he said.

    Earnest also earlier said that the US Navy scrambled four fighter jets to intercept Russian warplanes earlier this week near a US aircraft carrier operating off the Korean peninsula in the Sea of Japan.

    Two Russian planes flew close to the USS Ronald Reagan, prompting the mobilisation of four FA-18s, he said.

    "There were four FA-18 firers from the carrier airwing five that were launched to intercept the bombers and the US Navy aircraft did escort the Russian aircraft until they departed the area where the carrier, the USS Ronald Reagan was operating," he said.

    "We have previously raised concerns about Russian military aircraft essentially carrying out incursions on the sovereignty of other countries... This is a little bit different than that. This is -- these are international waters and international airspace," Earnest said.


    The US has regularly urged the Russian military to make sure that their operations in this space were consistent with generally accepted international protocols.

    This is a particular situation that did not result in a significant confrontation for that reason, he added.


    Earnest acknowledged that there's no doubt that there are some vigorous disagreements between our two countries on issues like Ukraine and Syria, most prominently.


    "We've been pretty candid about our concerns about Russians behaviour, particularly with regard to those two countries," he said.

    All this ranting man. FFS just try it. Try and go for no longer a super power and see what happens. Earth be damned, just fucking try it.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6659
    Points : 6726
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:27 pm

    Militarov wrote:Warload in Latakia airbase:

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 CSrKxetUkAAYrfe

    Interesting that they are confident storing all that stuff out in the open. Its not even well away from the flight line.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7091
    Points : 7359
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:31 pm

    Erk wrote:
    Austin wrote:Russia no longer a superpower: US

    WASHINGTON: Russia is no longer a superpower as its deteriorating economy is ranked "somewhere behind Spain", the White House on Thursday said and stressed that Moscow's influence is limited compared to the erstwhile Soviet Union.

    "Russia is no longer a superpower. Observed in the last couple of weeks that the condition of Russia's economy is weak and further deteriorating," White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters.

    I would like to see how the Washington explains why the US is one of the worlds largest debtor nations whilst Russia is still a creditor nation. The US economy is fake, run by money printing not goods and services.

    There is a fatal flaw in their statement though. GDP nominal takes into account of exchange rate of currency, while PPP takes into account value of domestic currency within its own country and cost of goods. Which in this case, means Russian economy (true economy) is over $3T, much larger than spains (2x).  USA is very butthurt over what Russia has done recently, and made the Americans look stupid (they did that to themselves actually) and are now trying to project themselves and their fake economy as something else.  I will actually do an article on my website about this.

    A loaf of bread in Russia is much cheaper than US. A Russian fighter jet, cruise missiles, small ships, ballistic missiles, etc are cheaper than in US. Hence why GDP PPP matters and not Nominal.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 4878
    Points : 5001
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  kvs on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:39 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    Austin wrote:Russia no longer a superpower: US

    WASHINGTON: Russia is no longer a superpower as its deteriorating economy is ranked "somewhere behind Spain", the White House on Thursday said and stressed that Moscow's influence is limited compared to the erstwhile Soviet Union.

    "Russia is no longer a superpower. Observed in the last couple of weeks that the condition of Russia's economy is weak and further deteriorating," White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters.

    I would like to see how the Washington explains why the US is one of the worlds largest debtor nations whilst Russia is still a creditor nation. The US economy is fake, run by money printing not goods and services.


    There is a fatal flaw in their statement though. GDP nominal takes into account of exchange rate of currency, while PPP takes into account value of domestic currency within its own country and cost of goods. Which in this case, means Russian economy (true economy) is over $3T, much larger than spains (2x).  USA is very butthurt over what Russia has done recently, and made the Americans look stupid (they did that to themselves actually) and are now trying to project themselves and their fake economy as something else.  I will actually do an article on my website about this.


    Poor little America, oh so butthurt from being exposed as a puffed up Wizard of Oz prop.

    Actually the $3 trillion is an underestimate since the PPP metric is fixated on consumer goods and services.   Also, the $17 trillion US economy is
    a gross overestimate based on fudged inflation numbers going back to at least 1990.   The real US inflation has been close to 6% for
    a long time but is claimed to be 2% or less.   Take the difference and apply it over a 25 year period: 1.04^25 = 2.7.   So the US GDP is
    inflated by a factor of 2.7.   I do not see any evidence of the $50,000 per capita GDP the US supposedly has.   Most American families
    make much less than $150,000 per year just like in Canada.   In fact, it is closer to $70,000 in the cities and less in the country side.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7091
    Points : 7359
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:46 pm

    kvs wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    Austin wrote:Russia no longer a superpower: US

    WASHINGTON: Russia is no longer a superpower as its deteriorating economy is ranked "somewhere behind Spain", the White House on Thursday said and stressed that Moscow's influence is limited compared to the erstwhile Soviet Union.

    "Russia is no longer a superpower. Observed in the last couple of weeks that the condition of Russia's economy is weak and further deteriorating," White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters.

    I would like to see how the Washington explains why the US is one of the worlds largest debtor nations whilst Russia is still a creditor nation. The US economy is fake, run by money printing not goods and services.


    There is a fatal flaw in their statement though. GDP nominal takes into account of exchange rate of currency, while PPP takes into account value of domestic currency within its own country and cost of goods. Which in this case, means Russian economy (true economy) is over $3T, much larger than spains (2x).  USA is very butthurt over what Russia has done recently, and made the Americans look stupid (they did that to themselves actually) and are now trying to project themselves and their fake economy as something else.  I will actually do an article on my website about this.


    Poor little America, oh so butthurt from being exposed as a puffed up Wizard of Oz prop.

    Actually the $3 trillion is an underestimate since the PPP metric is fixated on consumer goods and services.   Also, the $17 trillion US economy is
    a gross overestimate based on fudged inflation numbers going back to at least 1990.   The real US inflation has been close to 6% for
    a long time but is claimed to be 2% or less.   Take the difference and apply it over a 25 year period: 1.04^25 = 2.7.   So the US GDP is
    inflated by a factor of 2.7.   I do not see any evidence of the $50,000 per capita GDP the US supposedly has.   Most American families
    make much less than $150,000 per year just like in Canada.   In fact, it is closer to $70,000 in the cities and less in the country side.

    I will be asking for your assistance on the article I will write about how Austins article isnt worth toilet paper. And am wondering if you will be able to help?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Guest on Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:47 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Warload in Latakia airbase:

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 CSrKxetUkAAYrfe

    Interesting that they are confident storing all that stuff out in the open. Its not even well away from the flight line.

    Well there are no real storage facilities for ammunition there atm, and i guess these are just amounts that will be used in next 24-48h, its not huge stockpile, they are probably keeping bigger amounts of warload somewhere else.
    avatar
    cracker

    Posts : 232
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2014-09-04

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  cracker on Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:05 pm

    Bidoul wrote:
    Militarov wrote:


    However i found it very unusual for Russian soldier to wear Syrian uniform, somehow i cant find legit enough reason. In fact by what we here call PS ("Pravilo službe") discarting your service uniform is probably for firing squad Very Happy

    He's not wearing a Syrian uniform, it's the old "NATO/Les" pattern that was fairly popular 15 years ago (mainly in MVD though).

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 VJaAfm3

    As to why... could be they're issuing some to blend more with the syrians uniforms?

    Harder to get sniped if they can't tell who's Russian and who's Syrian. Easier to make joint units and hide yourself from the locals too (low footprint is key to counter-insurgency something the US still doesn't understand and Russia learned the hard way).

    no, the Lyes is not like that. It's clearly a syrian clothing. Why so surprising? Russians in 2008 wore a shitoad of georgian MARPAT ripoff when they got the chances to do so.
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3254
    Points : 3286
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  franco on Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:16 pm

    cracker wrote:
    Bidoul wrote:
    Militarov wrote:


    However i found it very unusual for Russian soldier to wear Syrian uniform, somehow i cant find legit enough reason. In fact by what we here call PS ("Pravilo službe") discarting your service uniform is probably for firing squad Very Happy

    He's not wearing a Syrian uniform, it's the old "NATO/Les" pattern that was fairly popular 15 years ago (mainly in MVD though).

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 VJaAfm3

    As to why... could be they're issuing some to blend more with the syrians uniforms?

    Harder to get sniped if they can't tell who's Russian and who's Syrian. Easier to make joint units and hide yourself from the locals too (low footprint is key to counter-insurgency something the US still doesn't understand and Russia learned the hard way).

    no, the Lyes is not like that. It's clearly a syrian clothing. Why so surprising? Russians in 2008 wore a shitoad of georgian MARPAT ripoff when they got the chances to do so.

    Someone care to explain the snow?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Guest on Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:21 pm

    franco wrote:
    cracker wrote:
    Bidoul wrote:
    Militarov wrote:


    However i found it very unusual for Russian soldier to wear Syrian uniform, somehow i cant find legit enough reason. In fact by what we here call PS ("Pravilo službe") discarting your service uniform is probably for firing squad Very Happy

    He's not wearing a Syrian uniform, it's the old "NATO/Les" pattern that was fairly popular 15 years ago (mainly in MVD though).

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 VJaAfm3

    As to why... could be they're issuing some to blend more with the syrians uniforms?

    Harder to get sniped if they can't tell who's Russian and who's Syrian. Easier to make joint units and hide yourself from the locals too (low footprint is key to counter-insurgency something the US still doesn't understand and Russia learned the hard way).

    no, the Lyes is not like that. It's clearly a syrian clothing. Why so surprising? Russians in 2008 wore a shitoad of georgian MARPAT ripoff when they got the chances to do so.

    Someone care to explain the snow?

    I belive that photo is from Second Chechen war.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Guest on Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:23 pm



    This particular part starts at: 2:40

    Video that includes some footage from Russian maintenance hangar in Latakia.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 DTsiKUk

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 QhwN9eM

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 THUjH7G

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 PWe0coY

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 LDQUK4A

    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6659
    Points : 6726
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:33 pm

    Militarov wrote:

    This particular part starts at: 2:40

    Video that includes some footage from Russian maintenance hangar in Latakia.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 LDQUK4A

    Ah, component level repairs, those were the days Smile
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Guest on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:35 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

    This particular part starts at: 2:40

    Video that includes some footage from Russian maintenance hangar in Latakia.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 LDQUK4A

    Ah, component level repairs, those were the days Smile

    Have atm two LG monitors on table next to me disassembled, waiting for capacitors to arrive Very Happy
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2729
    Points : 2884
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:47 pm

    Good find re: maintenance hangar footage... thumbsup

    Sponsored content

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:17 pm