Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Share
    avatar
    medo

    Posts : 3387
    Points : 3471
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  medo on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:49 pm

    Excellent, so Su-30SM are now attacking ground targets too. I hope they will also use KAB-500S bombs like Su-34 for precision attacks. Su-30SM could precisely measure target coordinates with its radar and IRST complex together with GLONASS navigation and made same precision hits with unguided bombs like Su-24M and Su-34. Anyway, Su-30SM are now getting real combat experiences, what will be good for future export sells.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:51 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:


    You can see the open skeleton stock is rounded like a wire with a sheet of metal pressed around the butt and fixed by two rivets, while the bayonet stock is a sheet of metal pressed and shaped. There is also a strip that takes the front screw of the bayonet stock, while the skeleton stock has only a welded support to stiffen it.

    BTW Albania produced its own variant Type 56/2 at Poliçan, called Automatiku 78-3 with...no bayonet handle because...we couldn't afford the material. Good times. thumbsup  

    Ye i am aware of differences, just thought it might be some locally made variant, stock is not really rocket science, also you never know with Chinese, i bought two flashlights that are supposed to be same, they had at least 10 different parts.

    I was holding ASH-82 some years ago, taken from "tomato sellers" in Preševo near local market after their tractor flipped over, police stopped and called towing service and medics, and saw rifle laying partially covered with tomatoes. I think its destroyed by now together with rest of the weapons of such origin.

    Typical talk back in the day when they retired the AKM's from conscripts and replaced them with Vietnam surplus Type 56's.

    Kinez është?
    Jo është mut.
    Epo kinez qënka.

    Is it Chinese?
    Nope, it's shit.
    Well Chinese it is.

    Good times. I failed my first marksman certification, put only 3 rounds out of 20 on the 125 m target. Which was as good as any in my company. Then the sergent (toger) can't belive his eyes. He grabs the old mausers from Yugoslavia, and hands them over. Whole company hits at least 7/10 with those. Sights were completey unreliable, barrels were loose worn or badly cleaned. Then during system termination, a day my youngest brother shows me a m70 he had bought from Macedonia along with a couple of Poliçan models (1992 best year of my life  clown ). We spent half a day in the mountain just shooting. i think I have never seen such a performance difference between to supposedly similar systems. Night and day. Like five hours after we had started shooting, a dozen of herders come by all riled up screaming we're scaring the goats and the sheep, all armed like rambos with RPD's and what not. I shed tears twice about those years. Once because it became a tragedy, twice because life somehow was happier.

    M70 as long as you take care for rust is one hell of a weapon. I served with very short version of it dubbed M92 as i wasnt frontline personel, but whole actual infantry training i had with M70AB2, some had luck getting 70s production of M70 which was already quite used so follding stocks were abit "woobly", however guns itself were working like day 1.

    Once we were clearing some army depots from captured and decomissioned weapons that were to be scrapped, i was taking 1 piece of each "unique" to be checked by guy from Military museum if there is some piece they do not have and i remember finding StG44, it ended up being melted Smile

    Yeah you guys ended up making no money out of those STG's. Selling them now would have made some pretty penny.
    avatar
    Solncepek

    Posts : 277
    Points : 280
    Join date : 2015-08-27
    Location : USSR

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Solncepek on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:00 pm

    Militarov wrote:"Russia has helped Iran deliver weapons into Syria twice a day over the past 10 days, western intelligence sources tell Fox News. Those sources say Russian cargo planes transported the weapons. The planes were spotted earlier this month on the tarmac at the Russian air base in Latakia, Syria's primary port city. The flights are not registered, and are in breach of two United Nations Security Council resolutions which impose an arms embargo on Iran. Fox News is told the increased Russian transport of Iranian weapons is being coordinated by Qassem Soulimeini, the head of the Iranian Al-Quds force, as well as President Vladimir Putin and Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu. An Iranian civilian airline, Mahan Air, is flying military personnel into Syria several times each day from Tehran to Latakia.


    Tehran's support has been crucial to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's survival. Besides significant financial aid to Assad, Iran has acknowledged that its Revolutionary Guard officers are on the ground in Syria in an advisory role. There have been multiple Iranian officers and soldiers killed in fighting in Syria, though Tehran denies the presence of actual combat troops in the country."


    Source: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/10/28/exclusive-russia-flying-iranian-weapons-shipments-into-syria-sources-say/

    According rumours in Syria - latest preparations on the way before beginning a massive ground assault of SAA, iranian troops & Hezballah fighters...
    The only question is : Where ?
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6194
    Points : 6259
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:16 pm

    medo wrote:Excellent, so Su-30SM are now attacking ground targets too. I hope they will also use KAB-500S bombs like Su-34 for precision attacks. Su-30SM could precisely measure target coordinates with its radar and IRST complex together with GLONASS navigation and made same precision hits with unguided bombs like Su-24M and Su-34. Anyway, Su-30SM are now getting real combat experiences, what will be good for future export sells.
    Yes, as a 'multi-role' fighter, it really had to show off some of its other abilities other than just posing around in the sky, helping out, virtually invisibly, as required.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5974
    Points : 6001
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:03 pm





    I think next Call of Duty expansion sould be called "FSA Ghost". Appearing and disappearing all the time Very Happy
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:07 pm

    Militarov wrote:



    I think next Call of Duty expansion sould be called "FSA Ghost". Appearing and disappearing all the time Very Happy

    Well Charles "Debilom" Lister. Whaddidya expect? I personally call them Formerly Seen Alive.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5974
    Points : 6001
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:10 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    Well Charles "Debilom" Lister. Whaddidya expect? I personally call them Formerly Seen Alive.

    Painful part is, look at all those retweets and favs... people are actually buying that crap.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:11 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    Well Charles "Debilom" Lister. Whaddidya expect? I personally call them Formerly Seen Alive.

    Painful part is, look at all those retweets and favs... people are actually buying that crap.

    You award too much credit to twitter. Usually its a little fan club from Ukropistan.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5974
    Points : 6001
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:12 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    Well Charles "Debilom" Lister. Whaddidya expect? I personally call them Formerly Seen Alive.

    Painful part is, look at all those retweets and favs... people are actually buying that crap.

    You award too much credit to twitter. Usually its a little fan club from Ukropistan.

    I actually hope you are right on this one. I would rly hate to be right.
    avatar
    Kimppis

    Posts : 513
    Points : 513
    Join date : 2014-12-23

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Kimppis on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:22 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    Well Charles "Debilom" Lister. Whaddidya expect? I personally call them Formerly Seen Alive.

    Painful part is, look at all those retweets and favs... people are actually buying that crap.

    You award too much credit to twitter. Usually its a little fan club from Ukropistan.

    I actually hope you are right on this one. I would rly hate to be right.

    Aren't those "pro-FSA" people actually less popular overall, even on Twitter?
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7349
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:28 pm

    Militarov wrote:..................................

    M70 as long as you take care for rust is one hell of a weapon. I served with very short version of it dubbed M92 as i wasnt frontline personel, but whole actual infantry training i had with M70AB2, some had luck getting 70s production of M70 which was already quite used so follding stocks were abit "woobly", however guns itself were working like day 1.

    Once we were clearing some army depots from captured and decomissioned weapons that were to be scrapped, i was taking 1 piece of each "unique" to be checked by guy from Military museum if there is some piece they do not have and i remember finding StG44, it ended up being melted Smile

    I used that same one during military service and really liked folding stock, did not affect accuracy at all like some "experts" back then said and it was damn practical. thumbsup
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5974
    Points : 6001
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:31 pm

    Kimppis wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    Well Charles "Debilom" Lister. Whaddidya expect? I personally call them Formerly Seen Alive.

    Painful part is, look at all those retweets and favs... people are actually buying that crap.

    You award too much credit to twitter. Usually its a little fan club from Ukropistan.

    I actually hope you are right on this one. I would rly hate to be right.

    Aren't those "pro-FSA" people actually less popular overall, even on Twitter?

    Generally speaking yes, they are less popular among common people/users. However they have huge support from badly educated long tongued Ukrainians joined by many people from various nations that do not like Russians, now even tho they cant find Syria on a map they "support" FSA. You know that type of people, mid aged, served 1 year in army as forklift driver, wife refuses sex, kids talk to him only when they need money, boss is abusing him, he needs some vent, since he remembers Cold War as a kid, Russians are perfect target to hate. Baltic countries, US, Croatia, Hungaria, Poland... few boasting significant number of such people, but there is also bunch of fake accounty used only for retweets and favs to give legit positions to people like one above.

    And unsuprisingly various Non-governmental organizations claiming they are very worried for well being of Syrian people.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7349
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:33 pm

    medo wrote:Excellent, so Su-30SM are now attacking ground targets too. I hope they will also use KAB-500S bombs like Su-34 for precision attacks. Su-30SM could precisely measure target coordinates with its radar and IRST complex together with GLONASS navigation and made same precision hits with unguided bombs like Su-24M and Su-34. Anyway, Su-30SM are now getting real combat experiences, what will be good for future export sells.

    More likely explanation is that command got tired of Su-30 pilots constantly complaining that bomber boys are hogging all the fun so they let them drop couple of bombs here and there just to get it out of their systems.... lol1 russia
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5974
    Points : 6001
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:36 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:..................................

    M70 as long as you take care for rust is one hell of a weapon. I served with very short version of it dubbed M92 as i wasnt frontline personel, but whole actual infantry training i had with M70AB2, some had luck getting 70s production of M70 which was already quite used so follding stocks were abit "woobly", however guns itself were working like day 1.

    Once we were clearing some army depots from captured and decomissioned weapons that were to be scrapped, i was taking 1 piece of each "unique" to be checked by guy from Military museum if there is some piece they do not have and i remember finding StG44, it ended up being melted Smile

    I used that same one during military service and really liked folding stock, did not affect accuracy at all like some "experts" back then said and it was damn practical. thumbsup

    Mine was brand new from storage, so i did not have issue with folding stock at all, but i have seen ones that were not really...fixed Very Happy M92 on other hand was so new i had to practice pulling stock in position coz it was so tight.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7349
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:46 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:..................................

    M70 as long as you take care for rust is one hell of a weapon. I served with very short version of it dubbed M92 as i wasnt frontline personel, but whole actual infantry training i had with M70AB2, some had luck getting 70s production of M70 which was already quite used so follding stocks were abit "woobly", however guns itself were working like day 1.

    Once we were clearing some army depots from captured and decomissioned weapons that were to be scrapped, i was taking 1 piece of each "unique" to be checked by guy from Military museum if there is some piece they do not have and i remember finding StG44, it ended up being melted Smile

    I used that same one during military service and really liked folding stock, did not affect accuracy at all like some "experts" back then said and it was damn practical. thumbsup

    Mine was brand new from storage, so i did not have issue with folding stock at all, but i have seen ones that were not really...fixed Very Happy M92 on other hand was so new i had to practice pulling stock in position coz it was so tight.

    You lucky SOB!!! Mine was hauled trough every trench in every war in the 90's Balkans, reading service booklet was like modern history lesson...lol1 lol1 lol1

    Barrel was like a coal mine.

    Stock itself worked perfectly though, what is even better after all that use it was so smooth I could snap it into place without even touching it, just press of a button and a quick swing. Cool
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5974
    Points : 6001
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Militarov on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:59 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:..................................

    M70 as long as you take care for rust is one hell of a weapon. I served with very short version of it dubbed M92 as i wasnt frontline personel, but whole actual infantry training i had with M70AB2, some had luck getting 70s production of M70 which was already quite used so follding stocks were abit "woobly", however guns itself were working like day 1.

    Once we were clearing some army depots from captured and decomissioned weapons that were to be scrapped, i was taking 1 piece of each "unique" to be checked by guy from Military museum if there is some piece they do not have and i remember finding StG44, it ended up being melted Smile

    I used that same one during military service and really liked folding stock, did not affect accuracy at all like some "experts" back then said and it was damn practical. thumbsup

    Mine was brand new from storage, so i did not have issue with folding stock at all, but i have seen ones that were not really...fixed Very Happy M92 on other hand was so new i had to practice pulling stock in position coz it was so tight.

    You lucky SOB!!! Mine was hauled trough every trench in every war in the 90's Balkans, reading service booklet was like modern history lesson...lol1 lol1 lol1  

    Barrel was like a coal mine.

    Stock itself worked perfectly though, what is even better after all that use it was so smooth I could snap it into place without even touching it, just press of a button and a quick swing. Cool

    For some reason whole my unit got brand new rifles, i dont wanna know what kind of junk previously was used if army decided to replace them in whole unit. But in other units were mostly quite used ones, except officers that either had brand new M92s or just carried pistol instead, coz why bother with rifle.
    avatar
    medo

    Posts : 3387
    Points : 3471
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  medo on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:29 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    medo wrote:Excellent, so Su-30SM are now attacking ground targets too. I hope they will also use KAB-500S bombs like Su-34 for precision attacks. Su-30SM could precisely measure target coordinates with its radar and IRST complex together with GLONASS navigation and made same precision hits with unguided bombs like Su-24M and Su-34. Anyway, Su-30SM are now getting real combat experiences, what will be good for future export sells.

    More likely explanation is that command got tired of Su-30 pilots constantly complaining that bomber boys are hogging all the fun so they let them drop couple of bombs here and there just to get it out of their systems.... lol1 russia

    Su-30SM could do as precise attacks as Su-34, specially if they use FAB-500S bombs. Two bombs on Su-30SM will not degrade much its capabilities, so they could easily escort other bombers and drop some bombs on targets which they spot or were directed on. This mean 4 more jets, which drop bombs on terrorists. This is also good for marketing.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7349
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:02 pm


    Hit Them Where it Hurts Most: Russian Airstrikes Cut ISIL Funding From Oil

    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151029/1029306176/russian-us-airstrikes-isil-funding.html#ixzz3pzLecWoZ




    Russian Forces Strike Syria's Southern Rebels In Preparation For Pro-Regime Ground Offensive

    http://www.ibtimes.com/russian-forces-strike-syrias-southern-rebels-preparation-pro-regime-ground-offensive-2162300



    avatar
    Neutrality

    Posts : 887
    Points : 905
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Neutrality on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:11 pm

    RIA Novosti reports that 50 ISIS fighters have surrendered to the SAA in the south of the country. They were encircled after their commander was killed. Source says these guys underwent training in American-funded camps.

    So now I'm wondering how long until some of these guys come out and start leaking codenames and pictures of American/Western instructors. Something so powerful so that the MSM completely cuts their balls off and they are forced to stop all their funding.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:26 pm

    Neutrality wrote:RIA Novosti reports that 50 ISIS fighters have surrendered to the SAA in the south of the country. They were encircled after their commander was killed. Source says these guys underwent training in American-funded camps.

    So now I'm wondering how long until some of these guys come out and start leaking codenames and pictures of American/Western instructors. Something so powerful so that the MSM completely cuts their balls off and they are forced to stop all their funding.

    Most probably the instructors are few adn low key in between Jordanian goons. And these people aren't ISIS they're most probably Anjad Al Sham people. I know same shit different package.

    par far

    Posts : 1747
    Points : 1920
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  par far on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:53 pm

    Most people are wondering why the SAA offensive has gone cold, this is why.

    "According to independent military experts, the current United States course aims at containing Syrian government forces successes at any price. Pentagon believes that the failure of the Syrian army can trigger the transfer to Syria Russian land forces and the beginning of a protracted and costly ground operation".


    http://southfront.org/isis-increases-capabilities-in-aleppo-province-reasons-conditions/


    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7349
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:58 pm

    par far wrote:Most people are wondering why the SAA offensive has gone cold, this is why.

    "According to independent military experts, the current United States course aims at containing Syrian government forces successes at any price. Pentagon believes that the failure of the Syrian army can trigger the transfer to Syria Russian land forces and the beginning of a protracted and costly ground operation".


    http://southfront.org/isis-increases-capabilities-in-aleppo-province-reasons-conditions/

    More likely it will lead to transfer of more bombs on various democracy "activists".

    There will be no Russian ground troops, USA will simply have to accept the fact that Tom Clancy is dead...
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2348
    Points : 2505
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Cyberspec on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:12 pm

    Patience grasshoppers....the Rats and their sponsors are doomed. They cannot win the escalation game...there's a lot of hardware coming to Syria


    Holy hell - ISIS was decimated in Deir Ezzor today. Russian Air Force literally obliterated them
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/659801530871234560
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6194
    Points : 6259
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:Patience grasshoppers....the Rats and their sponsors are doomed. They cannot win the escalation game...there's a lot of hardware coming to Syria


    Holy hell - ISIS was decimated in Deir Ezzor today. Russian Air Force literally obliterated them
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/659801530871234560
    OT but Mmmm, 'grasshopper' the Kung Fu David Carradine one perhaps? Takes me back, what a series.
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2939
    Points : 2964
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  max steel on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:30 pm

    "Most of the guys are now unhappy because of this war. They drink, or they are sick or disabled, and the state does not pay any attention to them. Of course, this is tremendous pain."

    Hahaha media and their vilification. lol1


    Russian fears of Syria becoming a 'new Afghanistan'


    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #4

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:00 pm