Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
JohninMK
Book.
Flagship Victory
VladimirSahin
OminousSpudd
Monarchist
Manov
Walther von Oldenburg
berhoum
Khepesh
Dima
rambo54
putinboss
max steel
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Vann7
Battalion0415
d_taddei2
Behrooz
Mig25
par far
G Bob
Petro007
Flyingdutchman
Mike E
Morpheus Eberhardt
mutantsushi
arpakola
collegeboy16
zino
magnumcromagnon
nelsa1412
etaepsilonk
Hannibal Barca
crod
sinopak
Firebird
sheytanelkebir
Rpg type 7v
Department Of Defense
Deep Throat
connect2raza
macedonian
sepheronx
mack8
NationalRus
Pyrrus
flamming_python
dino00
Mindstorm
Werewolf
George1
Leutenant_LT_Smash
NickM
Corrosion
medo
ali.a.r
Hachimoto
ricky123
As Sa'iqa
SOC
Austin
Cyberspec
Regular
Stealthflanker
AlfaT8
ahmedfire
nemrod
TheArmenian
Viktor
Sujoy
TR1
gaurav
MIG31
chenzhao
Palestinian
Sunehvm
KomissarBojanchev
Admin
Kysusha
Draco
Snow Leopard
Zivo
GarryB
Russian Patriot
89 posters

Syrian Civil War: News

macedonian
    macedonian

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 20 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News

Post  macedonian Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:53 pm

Sorry if this appears a bit off-topic, but I just had to post this passage from a Guardian article:

The Guardian wrote:Netanyahu was speaking before a planned meeting with the US secretary of state, John Kerry, who has flown into Israel to brief him on the deal he reached with the Russian foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, in Geneva on Saturday.
    I honestly can't understand the relationship between Israel and the US. It's like Israel is the bigger brother and the US is the smaller one...or is this fairly common in foreign relations? Doesn't seem logical though - for Kerry to fly to Israel to brief Netanyahu on the deal reached, as if Netanyahu is his boss.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/15/israel-cautious-welcome-syria-chemical-weapons
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:44 pm

Syria army makes advances in Aleppo
    Syrian army soldiers in Aleppo. (File photo)
    Syrian army soldiers in Aleppo. (File photo)
    Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:42PM GMT

Related Interviews:

'Israel, Turkey checkmated in Syria'

Related Viewpoints:

West war crimes in Syria exposed

Syrian army forces have continued their battle against foreign-backed militants, making further advances in the country’s largest city of Aleppo.

Clashes are taking place between Syrian army soldiers and militants in Aleppo’s Noor al-Deen al-Zanki.

Reports say that 18 insurgents were killed in the clashes.

Earlier on Sunday, the Syrian army announced that it had made more gains in Barzeh district, near the capital, Damascus.

The announcement comes days after fighting between the Syrian army forces and al-Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front militants.

On September 14, the forces said they had raided militant hideouts in Hasaka, confiscated weapons, and gained control over a strategic mountain in the country’s north.

The militants were reportedly trying to sneak into the northern side of Abo al-Duhour airport, near Idlib.

Also on the same day, clashes broke out among the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and other militant groups in Boukamal town.

Syria has been gripped by deadly unrest since 2011. According to reports, the Western powers and their regional allies -- especially Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey -- are supporting militants operating inside Syria fighting to overthrow the government of Bashar al-Assad.

According to the United Nations, more than 100,000 people have been killed and millions displaced due to the violence.

The UN refugee agency also said some 4.2 million people have been displaced inside Syria since the beginning of the conflict in the Arab country.

http://presstv.com/detail/2013/09/15/324110/syria-army-makes-advances-in-aleppo/
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:39 pm

I suspect with this Syrian war , the threat of Terrorism from AQ and Sunni Terrorist on Russia and its people plus the level of threat to Putin and other security forces would have increased a lot.

Hopefully FSB is keeping a close watch on this development and so does FSO.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:31 pm

As I said many pages before - war is over and Syrian Army won. FSA and other bandits are all dead - thing is they just dont know jet.

This was the pathetic attempt by the west to destroy fighting value of the Syrian Army for the reasons best described by mindstorm - and it failed.

Just last month Russia delivered 20 000 tons of weaponry to Syrian Army + the Iranians at least half as much. Laughing
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:54 pm

I suggest you take every Press TV/Al Manar report about the war in Syria with a grain of salt, at least. Such media publish similar news every week or so and with such massive "successes" you may wonder why the war is still going on.

Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:00 pm

As Sa'iqa wrote:I suggest you take every Press TV/Al Manar report about the war in Syria with a grain of salt, at least. Such media publish similar news every week or so and with such massive "successes" you may wonder why the war is still going on.

well I take all news skeptical - RP
    Austin

Post  Austin Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:16 am

Viktor wrote:Just last month Russia delivered 20 000 tons of weaponry to Syrian Army + the Iranians at least half as much. Laughing
    Any source or link for that news ?
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Austin wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Just last month Russia delivered 20 000 tons of weaponry to Syrian Army + the Iranians at least half as much. Laughing
    Any source or link for that news ?
    No source - my own approximative calculation based on the number of Russian Navy landing craft deployment and their capacity.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:04 pm

sheytanelkebir

Post  sheytanelkebir Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:32 pm

As Sa'iqa wrote:A member of Al Abbas Brigade, an Iraqi Shiite militia fighting in Syria. These guys are starting to look more and more like a standing army:
    Syrian Civil War: News - Page 20 Abaa
    An Amanat Baghdad Double Decker bus in the background. CHECK
    An Iraqi Army Patch on the shoulder. CHECK

Most likely a 6th Division Commando Battalion Soldier in the Karkh area of Western Baghdad... just a few hundred km from the Syrian Border Wink
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:34 pm

sheytanelkebir wrote:An Amanat Baghdad Double Decker bus in the background. CHECK
    An Iraqi Army Patch on the shoulder. CHECK

Most likely a 6th Division Commando Battalion Soldier in the Karkh area of Western Baghdad... just a few hundred km from the Syrian Border Wink
    Are you trying to insert sense and logic into people's minds? Please don't!
    People don't need sense and logic, they'll rather act on emotions and hatred...

I hate Russia - therefor America is good...Syria is America's next target, Russia disagrees - therefor Syria is bad, and Syrian people deserve to be slaughtered...
    See how that works splendidly?! Illegal wars aren't really illegal if America says they aren't. Independence isn't something that I want, I'd only be independent from Russia. Dependence on America is "a OK"!
    People have made up their minds already, please don't try to pollute this thread with logic and reason!!!
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:36 pm

Talking about whether the current government in Syria is legitimate or not is pointless. The Middle East is a region where might makes right, and every government has it's own sins, western concept of legitimacy simply don't apply there. If Muslims like slaughtering each other (as they have been doing since 1400 years), why bother?

And I want to remind you that the US support for the rebellion in Syria isn't caused by US hatred of Assad or secularism. It is a direct consequence of Assad's geopolitical choices. If he allied himself with USA, they would have helped him quell the uprising. If he stayed neutral, nobody would care about him, just like nobody cared about civil war in Afghanistan in the 1990s. BBut as he allied himself with Iran and continued his father's policy of arming Hezbollah, hamas etc - he has to bear the consequences. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, plain and simply. EOT.

btw
    MP Tuula Väätäinen (sdp.) is concerned that Finns participating abroad – such as in Syria – in the ongoing military conflict are without the added protection of soldiers’ compensation law.

Those called up for emergency service are insured primarily by the State Treasury under the Military Injuries Act. The policy does not apply to citizens who participate in ongoing conflicts abroad, so to speak, on their own.

Read more at
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=946_1...IMSBlSeT8Yy.99
    Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
    IMHO stripping them off their citizenship would be a better option.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:51 am

Turkey is getting their hands dirty as well. Downed Syrian helicopter.

And about these Islamic fighters.
    Europe help these cunts, invite them to live, raise their children, practice their religion. And what we get in return? Assylum seeker going to foreign country to fight war- that's beyond stupid. I'm starting to see people being pissed off and right wind ideas are in our heads..
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:58 am

For many of them living in Europe is itself a form of jihad (living at the cost of infidel dogs). It would be enough to cut welfare benefits and most of them will either leave or start killing each other.

But such a situation is a direct consequence of PC multiculturalism - all cultures are equal with a humble exception of western one which is less equal...

Reports about killings of Alawi people whom Al Nusra regards (together with most Sunni clerics) as heretics:
    SOHR wrote:It is worth noting that the al-Nusra front along with a rebel battalion took hold of the Maksar al-Husan village for several hours last Tuesday. Activists from the village confirmed that al-Nusra front killed 22 of the village's residents: An 83 year old man and his 75 year old wife. A 45 year-old man, his 89 year-old mother, and his 30 year-old wife. A 65 year-old man. A 40 year old woman and her 2 children (10 and 12 years old). A 22 year-old young man. A 64 year-old man, his 2 children (16 and 20 years old) and his 90 year-old mother. 2 children (9 and 11 years old). 6 Bedouins who live in the neighbourhood (a 69 year-old man, his 18 year-old son and 20 year-old daughter. A 41 year-old man, an 80 year-old man and a 75 year-old woman.
    SOHR wrote:al-Raqqa province: ISIS fighters executed 2 men in the al-Na'im square of al-Raqqa city because the 2 men were A'lwai muslims. ISIS fighters called them Nusayri apostates and regime infiltrators. 1 of the woman protested during the execution, ISIS fighters replied that they are "Nusayri apostates who have raped our women", the woman responded "You are the apostates and we are all Syrians".

The ISIS executed 3 men in one of al-Raqqa's squares on the 14th of May under accusations they are regime soldiers and officers. It later turned out that 2 of them were Muslim A'lawis from the al-Achrafiya village of northern Reef Homs (a doctor called Mustafa al-Jani and his nephew, a school teacher, called Iyad Nofal), based on what activists from Homs city stated to the Observatory back them.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Brave freedom loving democratic rebels.
    Where is Sarin gas when You need it?
    Hachimoto

Post  Hachimoto Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Regular wrote:Brave freedom loving democratic rebels.
    Where is Sarin gas when You need it?
    I'm sure you understand what he is saying in this video could you please summarize it to us ?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Sorry, I can't speak their language. This video along with them beheading pilot was shared by syrian poster from another forum, I can ask him for translation if You want. But I guess they are sprouting typical rubbish with same idiotical fanaticism.
    Hachimoto

Post  Hachimoto Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Regular wrote:Sorry, I can't speak their language. This video along with them beheading pilot was shared by syrian poster from another forum, I can ask him for translation if You want. But I guess they are sprouting typical rubbish with same idiotical fanaticism.
    You are asuming wrong Wink
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Hachimoto wrote:
    Regular wrote:Sorry, I can't speak their language. This video along with them beheading pilot was shared by syrian poster from another forum, I can ask him for translation if You want. But I guess they are sprouting typical rubbish with same idiotical fanaticism.
    You are asuming wrong Wink
    Please translate what did they say? I assumed this because It was put in such context that it was after the beheading
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:02 pm

He asked them to ask god and pray to win in their fight and take lazqya and the whole sham.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Someone killed Abu Hajar, a commander of Shiite forces protecting the mosque of Sayyida Zaynab:
    Syrian Civil War: News - Page 20 421832
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:00 am

As Sa'iqa wrote:But such a situation is a direct consequence of PC multiculturalism - all cultures are equal with a humble exception of western one which is less equal...
    Honestly I think a lot of problems with immigrants in Europe are to do with the belt of instability that Europe and America have created in the Middle East.

If these countries weren't failed states with constant revolutions, terrorism and civil wars but rather rapidly developing, fairly educated societies - there wouldn't be any refugees and poor, uneducated immigrants; but instead there would tourists and middle-class people, skilled immigrants, expats, etc...

Bottom line is the crisis in Europe is that of its own making. And its continuing to do so now. Feeding the flames in Syria, bombing Libya and stirring the pot in Egypt, hovering on military confrontation with Iran, constant terrorism and rebel activities in Iraq and Afghanistan - all of it creates more economic problems, more desperate people that inevitably make their way to Europe as their first port of call; and some of the very same European countries that have taken part in all these policies are the same ones most actively accepting new refugees from these very same places.

Last edited by flamming_python on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:13 am

X2

Don't forget rubbing salt into the wounds by claiming the instability in the region is because they are not as 'civilised' as 'we' are.

Hurricane Katrina and of course the Rodney King riots, not to mention the riots in the UK not so long ago show how civilised any of us really are... ie not.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:11 pm

UK riots were caused by mostly black immigrants over the death of some minor drug dealer...

So I guess we are indeed more civilized. There are no revolutions, coups, civil wars or ethnic cleansings in Europe.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:56 pm

As Sa'iqa wrote:UK riots were caused by mostly black immigrants over the death of some minor drug dealer...

So I guess we are indeed more civilized. There are no revolutions, coups, civil wars or ethnic cleansings in Europe.
    If Africa wasn't brutally colonised and held in a state of artificial undevelopment by Europe for hundreds of years, but instead was traded with but otherwise not interfered with - there wouldn't be so many problems in Africa either, and there wouldn't have been as much immigration of Africans into Europe either who then faced racism and so on whose sons and daughters came to resent their host populations for and that led to racial tensions and a bad social & crime situation today.

Europe treated Africa as uncivilised and did everything in their power to keep them uncivilised and de-humanise them; and this carried on well into the 2nd half of the 20th century.
    It's no wonder that there are problems with them in today's Europe although more and more you see a lot more blacks as part of the middle class in Europe and so the problem should correct itself within a generation or two.

I really wouldn't be so quick as to call Europe more civilised though. There were ethnic cleansings pereptrated by White Europeans as Catholic and Orthodox as you and me respectively in the Balkans as little as 15-20 years ago. And you can bet your ass that it can happen again. Yugoslavia was a relatively prosperous, fast developing country up until the 80s.
    Roma are despised through Central Europe and the Balkans, their communities are even being walled-off in the Czech Republic (or is it Slovakia).
    There are tensions with Hungarian and Romanian minorities in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, ethnic Russians born in Latvia and Estonia are being denied political rights and have their native language repressed.

And if you want to start comparing Christians to Muslims or whatever; well there are plenty of Christians in the Caucasus, for example the Georgians who attempted an ethnic cleansing of Abkhaz and Ossetians in the early 90s, right up until they got ethnically cleansed right back.
    Nationalist Moldovans and Romanians were calling for the same thing in Moldova in the 90s, scared off all the minorities - almost all the Jews fled, the Russians and Ukrainians in Pridnestrovie decided to separate (and were invaded for it immediately without negotiations) while the Gagauz Turks were on the very verge of doing so too.
    Northern Ireland was basically a bandit country throughout the 70s and 80s; much like Chechnya except minus the Islamic fundamentalism, Sharia and collatoral damage - but otherwise much was the same, people were kidnapped and ransomed, opposing religious groups were killed or forced to leave various areas, suspected collaborators with the other side were threatened, tortured, killed or had their families subjected to the same, in one case 2 captured off-duty British soldiers were brought to a field, had their kneecaps blasted off so they didn't escape, and were then read the Catholic last-rights before being summarily executed.

All quite far from civilised actually.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm