Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Share

    ult

    Posts : 655
    Points : 695
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  ult on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 14:39





    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 14:57

    Cyberspec wrote:Well more tanks on the way pirat ...reportedly port of Novorosijsk



    not bad, what version are these T-72s? T-72B?
    avatar
    medo

    Posts : 3317
    Points : 3401
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  medo on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:11



    We conquer the whole World and Russia also.
    ...
    Plan "B"

    iraqidabab

    Posts : 320
    Points : 335
    Join date : 2014-05-31

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  iraqidabab on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:12

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    max steel wrote:


    This video contains material that I have been looking for for many months. From about 1:37 to 2:20 it includes a segment from a full-length clip from many month ago that shows the Iranian airforce or the IRGC airforce in action in Iraq. I have seen the full-length clip I am referring to, but I can't find it on the YouTube anymore.

    Does someone have a link to the clip I am referring to?

    This is neither Russian nor Iranian air force. It's Iraqi air force and army aviation, in the video you see Mi-35M attacks as well as hellfire missiles being used.
    The clips, you can find them on youtube channel: Iraqi MoD. Old clips btw.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5943
    Points : 5978
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  Militarov on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:24

    Siempre_Leal wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:Well more tanks on the way pirat ...reportedly port of Novorosijsk



    not bad, what version are these T-72s? T-72B?

    Yep, T72B, i belive i see 1K13 sight on the left side of the turret so it should be B.
    avatar
    NationalRus

    Posts : 629
    Points : 636
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  NationalRus on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:25

    Vann7 wrote:




    the propaganda is getting desperate sometimes, i immediately recognized the video at the end of the catched "sniper" with a "shotgun" with which he "sniped".... it was big news here in germany, it was a german hunter and a swedish one in tunisia who hunted legally ther only then the overthrow happened (not the best time to have a gun) he was later released when the mistake was found out by the police when the army saved them from the mob

    Uploaded on Jan 16, 2011




    lol!


    Last edited by NationalRus on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:28; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7113
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  sepheronx on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:25

    Cyberspec wrote:Well more tanks on the way pirat ...reportedly port of Novorosijsk



    Nice of Russia but they need certain upgrades for them to be effective. Thermal being one of them. Maybe an active protective system.
    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:30

    Thanks Militarov
    avatar
    NationalRus

    Posts : 629
    Points : 636
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  NationalRus on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:39

    sepheronx wrote:

    Nice of Russia but they need certain upgrades for them to be effective. Thermal being one of them.  Maybe an active protective system.

    like what shtora system? build by gnomes and paid by fairy's?

    a good cage can be added around the tank even in syria for far greater protection, in terms of the sight, well cant see which one is added ther by i surely hope its a better one then the most tanks in syria have right now
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5943
    Points : 5978
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  Militarov on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:40

    Siempre_Leal wrote:Thanks Militarov

    You welcome. Not that its of great importance but they can fire 9M119 Svir and 9M119M Refleks GLATGMs, Syrians operate mix of T72M/M1/M1V with last one being often called "AV" by people for... unknown reason.
    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:44

    From Syria with Love

    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:49

    Militarov wrote:
    Siempre_Leal wrote:Thanks Militarov

    You welcome. Not that its of great importance but they can fire 9M119 Svir and 9M119M Refleks GLATGMs, Syrians operate mix of T72M/M1/M1V with last one being often called "AV" by people for... unknown reason.

    I think it came from a translation or mis-translation when Anna news were interviewing a T-72 tanker in Daraya ever since then "AV" sticked.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5943
    Points : 5978
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  Militarov on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:56

    Siempre_Leal wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Siempre_Leal wrote:Thanks Militarov

    You welcome. Not that its of great importance but they can fire 9M119 Svir and 9M119M Refleks GLATGMs, Syrians operate mix of T72M/M1/M1V with last one being often called "AV" by people for... unknown reason.

    I think it came from a translation or mis-translation when Anna news were interviewing a T-72 tanker in Daraya ever since then "AV" sticked.

    Some sources claimed Syria obtained 300 T72As in early 80s however there was never confirmation of that, coz its basically impossible to tell, it might be some half breed between T72M and T72A however i do not belive they ever got delivered Urals as they were for USSR domestic use. So that MIGHT be also one of the reasons for that.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7113
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  sepheronx on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 15:59

    NationalRus wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

    Nice of Russia but they need certain upgrades for them to be effective. Thermal being one of them.  Maybe an active protective system.

    like what shtora system? build by gnomes and paid by fairy's?

    a good cage can be added around the tank even in syria for far greater protection, in terms of the sight, well cant see which one is added ther by i surely hope its a better one then the most tanks in syria have right now

    Good point. They could also do it through offers like get newer capable tanks for fraction of cost for contracts to Russian companies like Gazprom or Lukoil for Syrias energy development.

    But yes, cage armor would do wonders.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3988
    Points : 4007
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 16:00

    iraqidabab wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    max steel wrote:


    This video contains material that I have been looking for for many months. From about 1:37 to 2:20 it includes a segment from a full-length clip from many month ago that shows the Iranian airforce or the IRGC airforce in action in Iraq. I have seen the full-length clip I am referring to, but I can't find it on the YouTube anymore.

    Does someone have a link to the clip I am referring to?

    This is neither Russian nor Iranian air force. It's Iraqi air force and army aviation, in the video you see Mi-35M attacks as well as hellfire missiles being used.
    The clips, you can find them on youtube channel: Iraqi MoD. Old clips btw.

    Yup that's Iraqis blowing up shit (literally). Those M-Crocs, how do your pilots rate them Iraqidabab?
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2945
    Points : 2970
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  max steel on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 16:18

    "Insurgents" Shell Russian Embassy In Syria After Al-Qaeda Calls For Jihad Against Russian Civilians


    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-13/insurgents-shell-russian-embassy-syria-after-al-qaeda-calls-jihad-against-russian-ci
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5268
    Points : 5473
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  Werewolf on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 18:41

    There are no Hellfires used, Ataka's/Shturm's.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6849
    Points : 6949
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 20:04


    Islamic State Declares Holy War Against Russia

    http://sputniknews.com/world/20151013/1028478312/isil-jihad-russia-us.html#ixzz3oTLWtNiu


    The Islamic State (ISIL) has called on Muslims world-wide to launch jihad against Russian and US citizens.


    So did they, like publish official document or something... lol1  lol1  lol1

    Project Canada

    Posts : 664
    Points : 667
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  Project Canada on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 20:15

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Islamic State Declares Holy War Against Russia

    http://sputniknews.com/world/20151013/1028478312/isil-jihad-russia-us.html#ixzz3oTLWtNiu


    The Islamic State (ISIL) has called on Muslims world-wide to launch jihad against Russian and US citizens.


    So did they, like publish official document or something... lol1  lol1  lol1

    Can Russia now start testing a few FOABs on them bases? russia
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1156
    Points : 1228
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  auslander on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 20:22

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Islamic State Declares Holy War Against Russia

    http://sputniknews.com/world/20151013/1028478312/isil-jihad-russia-us.html#ixzz3oTLWtNiu


    The Islamic State (ISIL) has called on Muslims world-wide to launch jihad against Russian and US citizens.


    So did they, like publish official document or something... lol1  lol1  lol1

    Well, that's a double strike against me. Let's sum this up. I am now the subject of a yeehad for two reasons, I am Russian and American, and the orcs consider me/us terrorists and separatists. What next, our four legged children will turn on us because they didn't get rib eye for dinner?
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6849
    Points : 6949
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 20:25

    auslander wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Islamic State Declares Holy War Against Russia

    http://sputniknews.com/world/20151013/1028478312/isil-jihad-russia-us.html#ixzz3oTLWtNiu


    The Islamic State (ISIL) has called on Muslims world-wide to launch jihad against Russian and US citizens.


    So did they, like publish official document or something... lol1  lol1  lol1

    Well, that's a double strike against me. Let's sum this up. I am now the subject of a yeehad for two reasons, I am Russian and American, and the orcs consider me/us terrorists and separatists. What next, our four legged children will turn on us because they didn't get rib eye for dinner?

    In your case my friend, I believe following song would be appropriate...lol1 russia

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5980
    Points : 6045
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  JohninMK on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 20:44

    Sour grapes?

    WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The United States saw no indication that the Syrian army, supported by Russian air force, made any advances on the territories seized by the Islamic State (ISIL) terrorists, Operation Inherent Resolve spokesperson Steve Warren said on Tuesday. “I haven’t seen any indication that the Assad regime has been able to make progress based on the Russian airstrikes,” Warren stated in a briefing.

    Warren’s statement contradicts recent reports by the Syrian authorities.

    On Saturday, political chief of the Syrian army, Gen. Samir Suleiman, said Syrian forces continued advances on the territories seized by IS terrorists, and over the past days liberated a valley 15 miles away from the city of Idlib. The Syrian general added that Russian airstrikes that destroyed ammunition depots and militant bases in the valley and in the major city of Jisr al-Shughur, a stronghold of militants, seriously undermined the militants' fighting capabilities and provided the Syrian army with an opportunity to attack.


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151013/1028476760/assad-forces-russia-support.html#ixzz3oTVCSHwx
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1156
    Points : 1228
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  auslander on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 20:46

    PapaDragon wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Islamic State Declares Holy War Against Russia

    http://sputniknews.com/world/20151013/1028478312/isil-jihad-russia-us.html#ixzz3oTLWtNiu


    The Islamic State (ISIL) has called on Muslims world-wide to launch jihad against Russian and US citizens.


    So did they, like publish official document or something... lol1  lol1  lol1

    Well, that's a double strike against me. Let's sum this up. I am now the subject of a yeehad for two reasons, I am Russian and American, and the orcs consider me/us terrorists and separatists. What next, our four legged children will turn on us because they didn't get rib eye for dinner?

    In your case my friend, I believe following song would be appropriate...lol1 russia


    Right back at ya, sonny! Enjoy!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAvtSANtlao russia russia
    avatar
    Stealthflanker

    Posts : 793
    Points : 869
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 30
    Location : Indonesia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  Stealthflanker on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 21:54

    JohninMK wrote:Sour grapes?

    WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The United States saw no indication that the Syrian army, supported by Russian air force, made any advances on the territories seized by the Islamic State (ISIL) terrorists, Operation Inherent Resolve spokesperson Steve Warren said on Tuesday. “I haven’t seen any indication that the Assad regime has been able to make progress based on the Russian airstrikes,” Warren stated in a briefing.

    Warren’s statement contradicts recent reports by the Syrian authorities.

    On Saturday, political chief of the Syrian army, Gen. Samir Suleiman, said Syrian forces continued advances on the territories seized by IS terrorists, and over the past days liberated a valley 15 miles away from the city of Idlib. The Syrian general added that Russian airstrikes that destroyed ammunition depots and militant bases in the valley and in the major city of Jisr al-Shughur, a stronghold of militants, seriously undermined the militants' fighting capabilities and provided the Syrian army with an opportunity to attack.


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151013/1028476760/assad-forces-russia-support.html#ixzz3oTVCSHwx

    Because the US didn't include the "moderate rebels" in their sight..
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2945
    Points : 2970
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  max steel on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 22:43

    [quote="PapaDragon"]

    Islamic State Declares Holy War Against Russia

    http://sputniknews.com/world/20151013/1028478312/isil-jihad-russia-us.html#ixzz3oTLWtNiu


    The Islamic State (ISIL) has called on Muslims world-wide to launch jihad against Russian  citizens.





    I remember back in 80ès Soviet secret service guys actually cut heads to terrorists in Lebanon for abducting Soviet citizens and throw the bag with cut heads to sheikh house., Abducted were returned and things calmed down. Russians basically have better understanding of their psychology than the West. As it was said in one of old Soviet movies White Sun of the desert (восток дело тонкое петруха)


    Last edited by max steel on Wed 14 Oct 2015, 11:22; edited 4 times in total

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed 18 Jul 2018, 18:40