Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Share
    avatar
    Morpheus Eberhardt

    Posts : 1929
    Points : 2040
    Join date : 2013-05-19

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:45 pm

    franco wrote:Finally something useful from the NY Times, a good series of maps;

    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/09/30/world/middleeast/syria-control-map-isis-rebels-airstrikes.html

    As you would expect of NYT, there was so much disinformation in that link.


    Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6093
    Points : 6158
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:55 pm

    Vann7 wrote:
    buahaha.. is this is for real?  Very Happy



    Kalibr is a supersonic (in terminal stage) anti-ship cruise missile with range of 2500 km.
    So the salvo of 26 Kalibrs from the Caspian Sea was a message good enough for USA to pull the aircraft carrier out of Persian Gulf just next day.

    http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/10/10/432800/US-warship-Persian-Gulf

    For the first time since 2007, the US Navy has now no aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf, according to NBC News.

    The warship was withdrawn from the Persian Gulf on Thursday, a day after Russia fired 26 long-range cruise missiles from its Caspian Flotilla against terrorists in Syria


    If such things are correct ,that US navy moved its aircraft carrier a day after the cruise attacks..
    that will definitively explain the whole thing..LOL..  and it will even say more.. that Americans
    were really surprised and impressed by the accuracy of the missiles and the lack of capability
    of their navy to detect low flying missiles comming from IRAN at low altitude.  Cool
    Total BS. It has been known for months that the carrier was going home and it was not going to be replaced for at least two months. It was released because it was no longer needed as the 'fight' against ISIS is now done by land based USAF/NATO planes. The timing was coincidental.

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/30/navy-admiral-confirms-us-pulling-aircraft-carrier-from-persian-gulf-this-fall/
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2944
    Points : 2969
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  max steel on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:28 pm

    Russian Navy, or, to be more precise, Red Banner Caspian Flotilla simply demonstrated what those small missile ships, granted, accompanied by a larger corvette Dagestan, can do. The file on REAL distributed lethality is, finally, open. 4 ships, with total displacement of about half that of a single destroyer and the price tag even less than that, launched the salvo of 26 Kalibr cruise missiles from the Caspian Sea. Some time later, those missiles hit 11 targets of terrorists in Syria--about 1500 kilometers away. Strategic ramifications of this are colossal, it was clear already before, but after today it became a reality of an immense power of modern missile weapons and those seemingly "unimpressive" platforms which carry them. After all, the range of Kalibr is up to 2600 kilometers and GLONASS' combat (not civilian) CEP  (Circular Error Probable) is rumored to be about 0.4-0.6 meters, that is 1.5-2 feet.

    Will Russia put active homing device on Kalibrs? Possible, but 5000 kilometer range cruise missiles are already in line for procurement.

    ~ The Perils Of Mosquito


    Last edited by max steel on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

    Rodinazombie

    Posts : 577
    Points : 607
    Join date : 2015-04-21

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Rodinazombie on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:28 pm



    Storming the town of achan. I think he says this was the 6th october but has just appeared on my newsfeed on vkontakte today.  Artillery once again showing who is the god of war when the skies are empty.

    ultron

    Posts : 588
    Points : 569
    Join date : 2015-09-18

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  ultron on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:45 pm

    whir wrote:
    max steel wrote:Russians won't be attacking Saudis because US is backing them. Even Soviet Union did nothing when both Saudi-US made a deal in 80s to crash the crude prices in order to harm Soviet Union's Economy. Russia can't attack Saudi so easily plus there are any muslims living in Russia and they'll retaliate let alone all 1 billion muslims if Russia nukes Mecca and Medina.
    The same way no one can attack Italy because christians and mafia would retaliate for ravaging Rome and the Vatican Rolling Eyes.

    Italy was attacked in WW2 by Allies.
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2344
    Points : 2501
    Join date : 2011-08-07
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Cyberspec on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:45 pm

    Rodinazombie wrote:Storming the town of achan. I think he says this was the 6th october but has just appeared on my newsfeed on vkontakte today.  Artillery once again showing who is the god of war when the skies are empty.

    Yeah 6th Oct I think....this unit seems to know their stuff

    Rodinazombie

    Posts : 577
    Points : 607
    Join date : 2015-04-21

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Rodinazombie on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:46 pm



    Any idea where this is?
    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:51 pm

    Rodinazombie wrote:

    Any idea where this is?

    I was about to try and find the OP, thanks!

    Oh that's in Hama according to title.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:55 pm

    Rodinazombie wrote:

    Any idea where this is?

    Hell, the Russian part of it. You can see how they're affected. It's Smerch time...
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:01 pm

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Hachimoto wrote:

    Yallah HAchimoto, man you got to let it go.  1. Chopper doesn't go down. 2. Is an OLD SAA bird (cargo bay doorless).



    You have a hard on for Russian losses. I'm going to run a check to see if the clip isn't one of those forgotten 2013 attacks.
    You can give me a negative vote now, syka.

    Have they edited the video by adding an unrelated still image at the beginning?

    Shorter reel, stupid image, I think the bird on the cover is Ukropistani.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4471
    Points : 4630
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:22 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

    Any idea where this is?

    Hell, the Russian part of it. You can see how they're affected. It's Smerch time...

    What's this snack bar they keep raving about? Do they serve pork-shoulder? They probably had their fair share of pork-swords though.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4471
    Points : 4630
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:49 pm

    kvs wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

    Agreed, let's compare photos of impacts of the FAB-500-M54 that failed to explode and the alleged 3M-14 crater:

    FAB-500-M54 that failed to explode, and it's crater.






    Compared to the alleged ground impact of the Kalibr 3M-14 cruise missile and it's crater.




    And we have a problem here. The 3M-14 is much heavier munition at 1,400 kg, compared to FAB-500-M54's total weight of 500 kg, and 3M-14 is also powered with it's own engine allowing it to fly at transonic speed. We have to also look at the soil and how it would affect a munition (that failed to explode) impact crater. With this global map of soil profiles, you'll find that Syria, and Iran have similar soil profiles: an Aridisol/Entisol mix:



    1.) So with those facts presented (assuming both failed to explode), why would a munition (FAB-500-M54 at 500 kg) that's virtually 1/3rd of the weight of another munition (3M-14 at 1,400 kg), that's happens to be free-fall bomb (compared to the transonic speed of of 3M-14), make a deeper and larger impact crater when the soil profiles of both Syria and Iran are very similar (Aridisol/Entisol mix)?

    2.) What happened to the other 3 craters?

    All the claims and "evidence" supplied so far are a joke and your analysis is right on target.   I think the lost missiles number is pulled
    straight from the Pentagon's collective ass:

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/apr/30/balkans6

    So officially about 15% of Tomohawks fail.   Hmmm.   26 x 0.15 = 3.9 or close to 4.   Gosh, what a coincidence.

    I'll go even further. The '4' 3M-14 SLCM that allegedly fell in Iran had 400 kg warheads, with a combined total of 1,600 kg of HE. Even with fail-safes, who in their right mind would handle that many kg's of HE without dedicated bomb disposal squads? The near by village would at least need to be evacuated, and we would of seen photos of bomb disposal squads...something we still haven't seen evidence of.

    Rodinazombie

    Posts : 577
    Points : 607
    Join date : 2015-04-21

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Rodinazombie on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:57 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

    Agreed, let's compare photos of impacts of the FAB-500-M54 that failed to explode and the alleged 3M-14 crater:

    FAB-500-M54 that failed to explode, and it's crater.






    Compared to the alleged ground impact of the Kalibr 3M-14 cruise missile and it's crater.




    And we have a problem here. The 3M-14 is much heavier munition at 1,400 kg, compared to FAB-500-M54's total weight of 500 kg, and 3M-14 is also powered with it's own engine allowing it to fly at transonic speed. We have to also look at the soil and how it would affect a munition (that failed to explode) impact crater. With this global map of soil profiles, you'll find that Syria, and Iran have similar soil profiles: an Aridisol/Entisol mix:



    1.) So with those facts presented (assuming both failed to explode), why would a munition (FAB-500-M54 at 500 kg) that's virtually 1/3rd of the weight of another munition (3M-14 at 1,400 kg), that's happens to be free-fall bomb (compared to the transonic speed of of 3M-14), make a deeper and larger impact crater when the soil profiles of both Syria and Iran are very similar (Aridisol/Entisol mix)?

    2.) What happened to the other 3 craters?

    All the claims and "evidence" supplied so far are a joke and your analysis is right on target.   I think the lost missiles number is pulled
    straight from the Pentagon's collective ass:

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/apr/30/balkans6

    So officially about 15% of Tomohawks fail.   Hmmm.   26 x 0.15 = 3.9 or close to 4.   Gosh, what a coincidence.

    I'll go even further. The '4' 3M-14 SLCM that allegedly fell in Iran had 400 kg warheads, with a combined total of 1,600 kg of HE. Even with fail-safes, who in their right mind would handle that many kg's of HE without dedicated bomb disposal squads? The near by village would at least need to be evacuated, and we would of seen photos of bomb disposal squads...something we still haven't seen evidence of.

    Come on man, in the past few days we have had four cruise missiles malfunction and land in iran, a russian mig 29 has been shot down in turkey. And yet, surprise surprise, not a shred of evidence of any of those being true. Wgen the americans are all over it yet say 'but we cant confirm it' whilst smirking you know damn well what the game is

    I get the feeling operation paperclip was reenacted after saddam hussein was toppled and instead of taking germanys top rocket scientists, the US has taken on people like chemical ali, baghdad bob to run their propaganda department.


    Siempre_Leal wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

    Any idea where this is?

    I was about to try and find the OP, thanks!

    Oh that's in Hama according to title.

    Thanks! Not knowing the language makes it hard sometimes to decide whether or not you want a few rounds coming the way of the people doing the video, as you dont know if its the good guys or the bad guys.

    Can anyone point me in the direction of achan? Ive tried to find it on the map but got nowhere so far

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:00 pm

    Rodinazombie wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

    Agreed, let's compare photos of impacts of the FAB-500-M54 that failed to explode and the alleged 3M-14 crater:

    FAB-500-M54 that failed to explode, and it's crater.






    Compared to the alleged ground impact of the Kalibr 3M-14 cruise missile and it's crater.




    And we have a problem here. The 3M-14 is much heavier munition at 1,400 kg, compared to FAB-500-M54's total weight of 500 kg, and 3M-14 is also powered with it's own engine allowing it to fly at transonic speed. We have to also look at the soil and how it would affect a munition (that failed to explode) impact crater. With this global map of soil profiles, you'll find that Syria, and Iran have similar soil profiles: an Aridisol/Entisol mix:



    1.) So with those facts presented (assuming both failed to explode), why would a munition (FAB-500-M54 at 500 kg) that's virtually 1/3rd of the weight of another munition (3M-14 at 1,400 kg), that's happens to be free-fall bomb (compared to the transonic speed of of 3M-14), make a deeper and larger impact crater when the soil profiles of both Syria and Iran are very similar (Aridisol/Entisol mix)?

    2.) What happened to the other 3 craters?

    All the claims and "evidence" supplied so far are a joke and your analysis is right on target.   I think the lost missiles number is pulled
    straight from the Pentagon's collective ass:

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/apr/30/balkans6

    So officially about 15% of Tomohawks fail.   Hmmm.   26 x 0.15 = 3.9 or close to 4.   Gosh, what a coincidence.

    I'll go even further. The '4' 3M-14 SLCM that allegedly fell in Iran had 400 kg warheads, with a combined total of 1,600 kg of HE. Even with fail-safes, who in their right mind would handle that many kg's of HE without dedicated bomb disposal squads? The near by village would at least need to be evacuated, and we would of seen photos of bomb disposal squads...something we still haven't seen evidence of.

    Come on man, in the past few days we have had four cruise missiles malfunction and land in iran, a russian mig 29 has been shot down in turkey. And yet, surprise surprise, not a shred of evidence of any of those being true. Wgen the americans are all over it yet say 'but we cant confirm it' whilst smirking you know damn well what the game is

    I get the feeling operation paperclip was reenacted after saddam hussein was toppled and instead of taking germanys top rocket scientists, the US has taken on people like chemical ali, baghdad bob to run their propaganda department.


    Siempre_Leal wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

    Any idea where this is?

    I was about to try and find the OP, thanks!

    Oh that's in Hama according to title.

    Thanks! Not knowing the language makes it hard sometimes to decide whether or not you want a few rounds coming the way of the people doing the video, as you dont know if its the good guys or the bad guys.

    Can anyone point me in the direction of achan? Ive tried to find it on the map but got nowhere so far


    Look for Maan on G.maps it's just north Atchan.
    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:03 pm

    Ohhh if you mean Ashtan(i) it is here: http://wikimapia.org/20495748/Atshan
    avatar
    Neutrality

    Posts : 870
    Points : 888
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Neutrality on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:19 pm

    Guys, take care of the quote pyramids. Really annoying.

    Vann7

    Posts : 3812
    Points : 3916
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Vann7 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:02 am

    Just give a rest already.. to the cruise missiles non issue.. it did not happen.. No fragments .
    no physical evidence of any cruise missile and Russia and IRAN saying is propaganda.. I don't understand why people in this forums give so much credit to any thing that the Pentagon claims.
    this is the same people saying Russia shot down the mh-17.. so shut up already.. And a mig-29
    that supposedly was shut down at Turkey border means shit about the cruise missiles. Stop giving so much credit for once to CNN or Pentagon propaganda. you should be ashamed of being being so faithful to western propaganda. No evidence ,no fragments.. only CNN and Pengagon words.. so take it as is.. as propaganda.. they have no provided any evidence.. neither they can if they wanted.. as i explained before USA do not have the capabilities to monitor cruise missiles at long distance beyond 100km that is.. unless they have AWACS flying above IRAN.. so there is no way for them to know.. . anything flying at the altitude of a cruise missile ,will automatically be flying under the Radar of any system that is a long distance. Learn how Radars works it cannot see anything behind mountains or under earth curvature..(that is flying low) This is a normal advantage of cruise missiles of flying under radars signal... so shut up now.

    Beyond 30 km even a warship will not be seen by a radar if it is deployed at surface level.


    This is why Radars are deployed in warships at high elevation to try to see as far as possible
    at low flying objects hiding under the curvature of earth. You can have a submarine of the lengh of Russia continent .. and it will not be seen by any radar or human eye if deployed 30km away of you ,and your point of view start at sea level. because it is under the curvature of earth. But the distance of the cruise missiles to US warships had to be at least 500km in best case and as far im aware IRAN have many mountains that will even make more impossible to see them
    from where is claimed "they crahed. no chance to see anything.. This test by Russia shows Russia can launch deadly rain of cruise missiles any part of middle east or Europe and Americans will not be aware of them if they are not close to the missiles trajectory . The reason the Aircraft carrier was removed the next day cannot be a "coincidence" .


    Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7113
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:09 am

    The shot down of the supposed MiG would have obtained about as much media prime time as the launching of the cruise missiles or the current terrorist attack in Turkey. But not a word. No pictures, no word on a pilot, no word from governments, nothing. It has now been a day or so. Same with the supposed cruise missiles. We would have seen something already. Nothing, so I agree Vann, it shouldn't be mentioned unless new details emerge with actual evidence.

    soigneerin

    Posts : 4
    Points : 4
    Join date : 2015-10-11

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  soigneerin on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:16 am

    avatar
    Morpheus Eberhardt

    Posts : 1929
    Points : 2040
    Join date : 2013-05-19

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:47 am

    soigneerin wrote:

    soigneerin,

    It's a forum rule that before you make your first post you should make an introductory thread in the "Member Introductions and Rules" section.

    It is still not really too late.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7113
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:51 am

    soigneerin wrote:

    ahahaha that was funny! Laughing
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1158
    Points : 1230
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  auslander on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:10 am

    Just washed my eyes after reading a bit of west media this fine morning. Retard Mode operating in high gear. 'Nough said.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7113
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:11 am

    Care to give details?  Our media is on a roll of retardation but afraid to look at.

    Edit: checked out CNN and wow, it is ridiculous. But great thing is, is the comments section where people don't actually believe the BS being spewed.
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1158
    Points : 1230
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  auslander on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:43 am

    sepheronx wrote:Care to give details?  Our media is on a roll of retardation but afraid to look at.

    Edit: checked out CNN and wow, it is ridiculous.  But great thing is, is the comments section where people don't actually believe the BS being spewed.

    Try 'yahoo' and 'fox'. I don't normally read either beyond a quick scan but today I did read the comments from a couple articles. That made my eyes hurt, too, but yes, beyond the hordes of trolls the comments are pretty much in favor of VVP. My experience from a trip 'home' last year was decidedly not pleasant in regards to the locals. I leave again in a week or so and I'll report back in regards to any changes.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4471
    Points : 4630
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:11 am

    Rodinazombie wrote:Come on man, in the past few days we have had four cruise missiles malfunction and land in iran, a russian mig 29 has been shot down in turkey. And yet, surprise surprise, not a shred of evidence of any of those being true. Wgen the americans are all over it yet say 'but we cant confirm it' whilst smirking you know damn well what the game is

    I get the feeling operation paperclip was reenacted after saddam hussein was toppled and instead of taking germanys top rocket scientists, the US has taken on people like chemical ali, baghdad bob to run their propaganda department.

    You forget about the '10' Ka-52's that were shot down over Syria, maybe it's time for Ka-52's to come standard with DIRCM's........ Rolling Eyes Wink lol1

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:28 pm