Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Share
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1226
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  auslander on Wed May 09, 2018 8:53 pm



    Triumph S 400, latest Pantsir, T 72B3 and other goodies. Plus, Red Army 35th Battery.

    Sorry, no full lenth vid of the entire event yet. Of interest is for the first time since the fall of SSSR, tanks running in Sevastopol. Totally restored T 34/85, taken from Diorama Museum on Sapun Ridge, private money paid for ground up restoration. Tank belongs to Russian Army, not the restoration provider, and is on display at Diorama.

    VCO is working on photos as I speak. We were up at 03:00 today, nanny for the children arrived at 04:30, we arrived at Battery Museum at 06:15, formed up at 06:30 and route marched to City Center where we formed up at top (south) end of Ulitsya Lenina. Rains held off until we were five mikes from the reviewing stand. Back to Battery after the parade, did the social duties, got home at 17:30.

    The old dear in the first M 72 at 13:15 was partizen during the war in Sevastopol and she's sharp as a tack to this day. She is the basis for Soleena Miranova in 3rd Defense.
    avatar
    Hole

    Posts : 516
    Points : 516
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 42
    Location : Merkelland

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  Hole on Wed May 09, 2018 9:38 pm

    Great.
    Thanks!
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17793
    Points : 18359
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  GarryB on Thu May 10, 2018 2:04 am

    Big day, but certainly worth showing respect for those who gave so much... some gave everything they had...

    Respect.... respekt

    Thanks for posting.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1226
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  auslander on Thu May 10, 2018 3:05 am

    GarryB wrote:Big day, but certainly worth showing respect for those who gave so much... some gave everything they had...

    Respect....  respekt

    Thanks for posting.

    New vid, VCO sent it. Shows the end at Naxhimov and Bolshoi Morskova intersection, in the rain.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW7OrfbutRk
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17793
    Points : 18359
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  GarryB on Thu May 10, 2018 4:05 am

    I am sure western media would go wild with the broken down T-34... except when a vehicle stops and you can start it up again without having to do anything to the engine then it has not broken down... likely just stalled...

    Thanks for posting, good to see the old vehicles and the new ones... there is a child in the back of a vehicle at about 13:20 who is Urah'ing like a trooper... keep an eye on him... he will be a good soldier... Smile


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1226
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  auslander on Thu May 10, 2018 9:00 am

    The T 34 didn't break down, his transporter was waiting for him in the square. The commander jumped down after the beast stopped to direct the driver to the transporter. He was then taken back to Diorama Museum on Sapun Ridge.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4475
    Points : 4638
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu May 10, 2018 9:34 am

    auslander wrote:The T 34 didn't break down, his transporter was waiting for him in the square. The commander jumped down after the beast stopped to direct the driver to the transporter. He was then taken back to Diorama Museum on Sapun Ridge.

    Garry gave you a "inside joke", it was a reference to how Western media was masturbating to a "T-14 breaking down" at the 2015 Victory Day Parade, even though it was caused by an inexperienced driver not being familiar with the controls, and where a "broken down tank" magically and suddenly started up and moved on its own when the controls were figured out.
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1226
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  auslander on Thu May 10, 2018 10:43 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    auslander wrote:The T 34 didn't break down, his transporter was waiting for him in the square. The commander jumped down after the beast stopped to direct the driver to the transporter. He was then taken back to Diorama Museum on Sapun Ridge.

    Garry gave you a "inside joke", it was a reference to how Western media was masturbating to a "T-14 breaking down" at the 2015 Victory Day Parade, even though it was caused by an inexperienced driver not being familiar with the controls, and where a "broken down tank" magically and suddenly started up and moved on its own when the controls were figured out.

    I agree. My tired cranial matter is still a bit slow after yesterday. Sorry for the intercourse up.
    avatar
    Hole

    Posts : 516
    Points : 516
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 42
    Location : Merkelland

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  Hole on Thu May 10, 2018 11:31 am

    In the video... the commander of the BTR-80... the APC fits like a glove. Laughing
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17793
    Points : 18359
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  GarryB on Fri May 11, 2018 3:35 am

    I agree. My tired cranial matter is still a bit slow after yesterday. Sorry for the intercourse up.

    Don't apologise, thanks for the explaination... there was no transporter visible so without your information I would not be understanding what was happening properly. Smile

    In the video... the commander of the BTR-80... the APC fits like a glove.

    Sorry, but that comment reminded me of the old joke about the man with five penises... his underpants fit him like a glove... Sad

    I would add that rain during such a parade is a good thing, because it means the men can cry too... there is of course no shame in that, but you can't tell men that.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Hole

    Posts : 516
    Points : 516
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 42
    Location : Merkelland

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  Hole on Fri May 11, 2018 11:53 am

    The good thing is, he could never fall out, no matter how rough the ride.
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1226
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  auslander on Fri May 11, 2018 2:00 pm

    Full length vid. Finally.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Y-LeLyuzw
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17793
    Points : 18359
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  GarryB on Sat May 12, 2018 4:04 am

    Boy, that was a 1.3GB file... that took almost 3 minutes to download....

    Well worth it though... thanks.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1226
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  auslander on Sat May 12, 2018 5:27 am

    Blame VCO for that one. She has giant memory and speed on her computer and never notices the size of files.
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2921
    Points : 2953
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  franco on Sat May 12, 2018 1:00 pm

    auslander wrote:Blame VCO for that one. She has giant memory and speed on her computer and never notices the size of files.

    Just as a side note, finally got home last night and got to watch some of the parades... until you get to the equipment there is not much difference between the soldiers here and those in the Donetsk parade.
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1226
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  auslander on Sat May 12, 2018 5:07 pm

    franco wrote:
    auslander wrote:Blame VCO for that one. She has giant memory and speed on her computer and never notices the size of files.

    Just as a side note, finally got home last night and got to watch some of the parades... until you get to the equipment there is not much difference between the soldiers here and those in the Donetsk parade.

    Not much different at all between Novorossiya and Russia in uniforms, discipline and ops. NAF does a huge amount of work in the refurbishing, maintenance and repairs of all their equipment and for the last two years has been manufacturing various odds and ends, too.

    Concerning the full parade vid I posted this morning, y'all look but y'all don't see. Hint. Red Army.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Victory Day, Sevastopol, 09 May 2018

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:11 pm