Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
auslander
Isos
kvs
BKP
OminousSpudd
PapaDragon
LMFS
archangelski
JohninMK
par far
T-47
Hannibal Barca
SeigSoloyvov
Godric
eehnie
olibeira
starman
Big_Gazza
miketheterrible
Walther von Oldenburg
AbdulhamidtheSecond
crod
Comradespud
flamming_python
magnumcromagnon
tomazy
RTN
Sprut-B
Austin
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Cyberspec
HUNTER VZLA
Skandalwitwe
calm
Cheetah
lulldapull
sheytanelkebir
Mindstorm
GarryB
SturmGuard
dino00
Project Canada
KoTeMoRe
Mindless_drone
yavar
George1
Kimppis
AlfaT8
adder
lycantrop
Airbornewolf
Airman
nemrod
TheArmenian
medo
Redboy
topor
franco
ATLASCUB
Arctic_Fox
YG_AJ
Aristide
68 posters

Syrian War: News #17

AbdulhamidtheSecond

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

Post  AbdulhamidtheSecond Wed May 02, 2018 8:19 am

GarryB wrote:

Turkey does not want to grab land. It is totally illogical. It is not like Hatay in 1939. Why would Turkey grab a piece of land whose justification would be very hard and in return gives almost nothing but absolute pain. Hatay was different because it was never handed over Syrian authorities, and it was marked as an autonomous region within French mandate of Syria. Reason that it was made as such was the fact that Hatay is a Turcoman region although some Arabic influence is present. Syria's claim on Hatay refers to a date when there was no Syria at all, so it is harder to claim Hatay as Syrian than it is for, say, Aleppo as Turkish (although Aleppo has some Turkish history)

You start by saying Turkey does not want to steal land and then you say Aleppo has some Turkish history... which is it?

I dont see any contradiction here. Turkish people does have history there. Many Turcomans lived and still live there. Just like Greeks have some history in Anatolia or Russians have some history in Poland, we definitely have some history across all over the MidEast.

But what I meant is that we do not want to incorporate these lands to our country even though justification means are somewhat present. I suspect you had some comprehension problems when reading my post. We are not there to grab land. But we would like to see Syria preserves its Turkish historical entities. Just like Orthodox Christians would like to see Roman Patriarchy is preserved, which Turkey gives an ultimate importance. (Roman Patriarchy's internal issues do not involve Turkish intervention meanwhile Greeks appoint Muslim Mufti's at their will).

GarryB wrote:

Turkey will not be there forever but you can be sure that Turkish army will also not hand over those lands to Assad. Assad was a bad guy for Turkey and he will be so in the future. If everything becomes normal and a new fresh government without Shiite/Alawite zealots is formed, then it will be handed over totally.

So conditions?

Will it be OK therefore for Russia to say that Erdogan is bad and that they will arm the Kurds... but only until he is removed from power and replaced by someone more suitable to Russia... do you really want to play that sort of game?

Are you really as stupid as the US?

Right now you can deal with Assad or you can deal with chaos... chaos might be OK with you... until all those people want to cross into your country to get away from the shithole you have created... Do you want to live next to Libya?

Great training ground for Russian weapons and as long as Tartus and a few key airbases are secure I doubt most Russian people would even care.

Putin wants to help the Syrian people and for the moment that means helping Assad. Assad is not set in stone, but while he is useful he wont be removed by Russia either... that is not up to Russia and it certainly is not up to the US or Turkey or France or the UK or anyone but the Syrian people.

Assad means destabilization in long run even though you might be in deception in war times. I dont say Russians should remove Assad and place someone that will serve US's interests. What I say is that Syrian people will never forget what Assad did to themselves, and this means more than half of the entire population. We are talking about 10 fucking million internally or externally displaced people, mainly because of unconditional Assadist massacres. If you imagine a Syria composed of 5 million Shiite/Alawite population and almost empty for many rural areas, then I would say Assad is the best option. I am talking about long run, not for a few months. When war is over there should be a fully transparent election candidates of which will not have any war-past. (Neither in regime side nor in opposing side(s).) This will be the best option if you dont want any more wars.

Non Middle Easterners talk shit when they really underestimate ethnic complexity in the region. Iran will collapse for the same reason, Iraq will also follow the same path. And it is the same rule for Turkey that secterianism should be diminished. (When compared with SA and Iran, Turkey is really good at secterian balance, better than those two bigot-filled countries)
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed May 02, 2018 9:04 am

AbdulhamidtheSecond wrote:What I say is that Syrian people will never forget what Assad did to themselves, and this means more than half of the entire population. We are talking about 10 fucking million internally or externally displaced people, mainly because of unconditional Assadist massacres.

You're full of shit, stupid kebab fucker...

"Assad" ie the President, stood up against the organised Wahabbi rabble, medieval goat-fucking head-chopper terrorists who had been funded, aided and abetted by your shithole sewer of a nation, among others. Syrians of all stripes except the pro-Wahhabi rural inbred Sunnis, will remember his courage at facing off against the countries enemies and will reward him with a further democratic mandate.

You don't like it? You can wrap your laughing gear around Uncle Erdos happy stick and cry while he pats your head...
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed May 02, 2018 9:47 am

In Syria , we have different forces at play . Large and small . Some have a definite direction and are predictable . And some are oscillating and unpredictable . Take an average rat . They jump from one ship into another . When we sink their ship . Larger forces also change sides , but less frequently . The rat masters , like the rats , take on board and salvage new rats . And so there is evil and chaos .

Those with a clear voice , must raise their voices even higher . Not a changing stance . No opportunism . No war . No partition of Syria . No murder . But peace . Territorial integrity of Syria . Peaceful coexistence . Rule of law . And democracy . Only in this way , our ship stays afloat . And rescues the people of Syria from evil and chaos . And the rat masters will have to either leave or have ships sunk . Their choice .
    AbdulhamidtheSecond

Post  AbdulhamidtheSecond Wed May 02, 2018 11:21 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    AbdulhamidtheSecond wrote:What I say is that Syrian people will never forget what Assad did to themselves, and this means more than half of the entire population. We are talking about 10 fucking million internally or externally displaced people, mainly because of unconditional Assadist massacres.

"Assad" ie the President, stood up against the organised Wahabbi rabble, medieval goat-fucking head-chopper terrorists who had been funded, aided and abetted by your shithole sewer of a nation, among others.  Syrians of all stripes except the pro-Wahhabi rural inbred Sunnis, will remember his courage at facing off against the countries enemies and will reward him with a further democratic mandate.  

You don't like it?  You can wrap your laughing gear around Uncle Erdos happy stick and cry while he pats your head...

Wahhabism is just an excuse to justify Assadist bigot.

We know how Assadist scums shout for Assad, by saying "Assad Akbar". Truly delusional, Pharaotic....
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed May 02, 2018 11:40 am

AbdulhamidtheSecond wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:

"Assad" ie the President, stood up against the organised Wahabbi rabble, medieval goat-fucking head-chopper terrorists who had been funded, aided and abetted by your shithole sewer of a nation, among others.  Syrians of all stripes except the pro-Wahhabi rural inbred Sunnis, will remember his courage at facing off against the countries enemies and will reward him with a further democratic mandate.  

You don't like it?  You can wrap your laughing gear around Uncle Erdos happy stick and cry while he pats your head...

Wahhabism is just an excuse to justify Assadist bigot.

We know how Assadist scums shout for Assad, by saying "Assad Akbar". Truly delusional, Pharaotic....

What Assad Akbar?

There's is the usual ALLAH, Suriah, Bashar W bass. Otherwise there's less and less of this, because the fucking war has become personal. Most of the guys fighting for Syrian state, actually fight to get revenge. But you wouldn't know because you're the usual Anadolu troll.

Wahhabism is not even a justification for the senseless acts that have been comitted. My opinion is that once the war was stalemated it simply turned into wanton violence by both sides. Once Russia stepped in, the tide reversed and the rats need now Turkish protection to stay alive. But Erdogan will get out of Syria sooner or later.

starman
    starman

Post  starman Wed May 02, 2018 12:21 pm

nomadski wrote:This map of supposed usraeli attack over Syria , against  " Iranian SAM " storage , does not make sense . And I don't think it is true . There is many disadvantages and limitations going this route . For no apparent gain :

(1) First these jets need cooperation of two Arab states . Not particularly friendly to them . And one that is a virtual ally of Iran . And as such would not give fly over permission . And could potentially easily shoot down the refulling tanker at least .

Sure, this is awful fishy. If IAF jets flew across Jordan and back, lots of people would've seen it. We'd know about it, especially if the jets clearly came from Israel, crossing the Jordan river and heading east, then back west toward their bases. Even if Jordan did give permission, I doubt they could keep this hidden and it would be bad PR for their regime.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed May 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Did amypme even mention the deal in N. Homs?

The deal was reached that the rebels in Homs pocket can either reconciliate with the SAA or if they dont want to, be evacuated to Idlib. The evacuation shall take place within 3 days.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed May 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Fascinating. These are long range surface to surface rockets made by Iran, at least 8 from the pictures. Presumably in Government hands before being captured by the terrorists then not used due to lack of infrastructure to launch them.

Qalaat Al Mudiq
    ‏ @QalaatAlMudiq
    2h2 hours ago

E. #Damascus: more heavy rockets "Zelzal"-type were uncovered in E. #Qalamoun caches.

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 DcLbqmCXkAALKz0
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed May 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Yuuuge dev on Homs CS, the war is going down baby.

I swear to God, them Russians, they be demons.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed May 02, 2018 3:15 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Did amypme even mention the deal in N. Homs?

The deal was reached that the rebels in Homs pocket can either reconciliate with the SAA or if they dont want to, be evacuated to Idlib. The evacuation shall take place within 3 days.

Got a link? Can find much discussion yesterday, with many objecting, but nothing today.

All I can find atm, discussions continuing.

Qalaat Al Mudiq
    ‏ @QalaatAlMudiq
    3h3 hours ago

#Pt. Meeting with #Russia on fate of N. #Homs pocket started.

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed May 02, 2018 4:31 pm

Wael ????????
    Wael ????????
    @WaelAlRussi
    #Russia has deployed several modern radars in #Syria
    Plus new Pantsir/Tor AD systems.

Those radars/systems might be given to the #SAA later
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed May 02, 2018 5:24 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Did amypme even mention the deal in N. Homs?

Got a link? Can find much discussion yesterday, with many objecting, but nothing today.

All I can find atm, discussions continuing.

Qalaat Al Mudiq
    ‏ @QalaatAlMudiq
    3h3 hours ago

#Pt. Meeting with #Russia on fate of N. #Homs pocket started.

There is no agreed deal.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed May 02, 2018 5:40 pm

There is
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-government-militants-reach-agreement-in-north-homs/
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed May 02, 2018 5:57 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:There is
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-government-militants-reach-agreement-in-north-homs/

This site has published BS before, and i have heard zero shit about them actually agreeing to surrender just that talks are underway.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed May 02, 2018 8:01 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:There is

This site has published BS before, and i have heard zero shit about them actually agreeing to surrender just that talks are underway.

Seems OK

Qalaat Al Mudiq
    ‏ @QalaatAlMudiq
    2h2 hours ago

N. #Homs: meeting w/ #Russia is over. Opposition delegation accepted surrender: heavy weaponry will be handed over & deportation to start within days. Some Rebels incl. those from #Houla reject deal.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed May 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Aaaah dat Homs deal.
    par far

Post  par far Thu May 03, 2018 12:32 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    par far wrote:.........

This is no bullshit, it was Putin who said himself, that it was Jews that that were responsible for the deaths of Russians during WW2. You seem to be enjoying the destructionof Syria here more than anyone, you should join the pro NATO forums, you will fit right in.

Link?

Hey PapaDragon, sorry the late reply, got hung up in work but this is the video I saw, where I got the sense that Putin was saying that Jews were responsible. I got nothing against Jews, it horrible to what happened to them under the Nazi's. They know the pain of what it is like under the horrible regime but they are doing the same thing thing to the Muslims, there is a lot of talk about the Jewish holocaust(as there there should be) but what about the millions of Muslims that dies under the fake war on terror? No one talks about them.

This video explains more about the campaign against Putin. It is from 2012 but still relevant today.

par far

Post  par far Thu May 03, 2018 12:36 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:The real question is where will Assad go once Damacus is fully retaken, they are moving rather slow here.

Assuming the rebels in the homs pocket accept the surrender deal and hand it over.

Assad officially has run out of Easy targets at this point we enter the second phase of the war.

Will he go for Idlib? which the turks will not like and will assist the rebels there.

Will he go for Daraa which the Isreali's will try and be cheeky about.

or does he try and recapture the oil which means fighting the US over it.

Choices choices here there is really no one way to approach this situation for Assad.

What if Assad says, the hell with with Idlib, Northern and Eastern parts of Syria, I will get as much as I can in Daraa and I am happy.

"RASTAN POCKET MILITANTS REJECT EVACUATION DEAL, SHELL HOMS CITY."

https://southfront.org/rastan-pocket-militants-reject-evacuation-deal-shell-homs-city/

"SYRIAN MILITARY INTELLIGENCE SIZES WEAPONS AND ISRAELI MEDICINE SHIPMENT HEADING TO NORTHERN HOMS (PHOTOS)."

Israel should be taken to the UN over this, they are supplying terrorists in a foreign country.

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 31894866_1627176440741295_5538849649521065984_n

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 31723439_1627176020741337_194908111268478976_n

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 31870321_1627175330741406_5584987979216060416_n

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 31727912_1627176564074616_8941637721428852736_n

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 31714767_1627103520748587_8613374595061252096_n

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 31755391_1627103930748546_7464614063360704512_n

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 31749660_1627103850748554_5551760377047416832_n

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 31732426_1627103580748581_6183267234102640640_n

https://southfront.org/syrian-intelligence-sizes-weapons-and-israeli-medicine-shipment-heading-to-northern-homs-photos/

Last edited by par far on Thu May 03, 2018 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu May 03, 2018 12:39 am

There seems to be a deal on Homs but those against it have formed a breakaway group and are now fighting those that want to surrender.

Ivan Sidorenko
    ‏ @IvanSidorenko1
    1h1 hour ago

#Syria #Homs #NorthHoms #NorthernHoms
    Division, dissimilarity of opinion among Militants of the northern countryside, between those who support & those opposing the deal signed today under russian supervision the latter are attacking the positions of those supporting the deal

Ivan Sidorenko
    ‏ @IvanSidorenko1
    3h3 hours ago

#Syria #Homs #NorthernHoms #NorthHoms #Hama #SouthHama
    Militants rejecting the agreement in north Homs countryside & Eastern Hama countryside form a new group under the name "jaish alsahaba" “Army of Sahara” & appoint Lieutenant colonel yousif hadeed as military leader
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu May 03, 2018 3:05 am

I never get tired of saying this... but the most brilliant and effective tactics ,
    Russia have invented to defeat the terrorist in Syria is not their airforce or
    their special forces and cruise missile attacks... but the de-escalation zones
    and reconcilation center.. lol1

Because it divides the terrorist and whenever one terrorist group choose
    to agree to a cease of fire... then thats a terrorist force that will not be fighting
    the Syrian army... and they will focus in another group .. Very Happy and because
    no terrorist likes to be the ones bombed.. many say me too.. we want a cease of fire too.. Wink

In the end this ease the huge Pressure on the Syrian army... because instead of fighting
    terrorist in all Syria all at the same time and having to split their army.. and operating in all Syria
    requires lots more resources and harder to follow in the command center.. then by creating cease of fires
    /descalation zones... This allow Syrian army to just focus in one or two zones at a time with a stronger force.
    And a bonus this reconciliation zones , creates major divisions between terrorist and makes them
    to fight each other , making the job much easier for Syrian Army and Russia.. since terrorist kill themselves
    and the Syrian army and Russia can just sit down ,relax and wait their battle is over. Cool

And sending all terrorist to IDLIB is brilliant move too.. when you have so many terrorist from so many factions..
    in the same zone..what can go wrong? Major rivalries shows up.. and today.. Saudi Arabia backed rebels terrorist
    are at war with Qatar and turkey backed terrorist.. Cool that kind of policy takes skills ,to really shape it..

A perfect example of how effective is this tactic of Mixing Terrorist from several nationalities in same place..
    came from a Saudi Jihadist video in Youtube.. there was substitles.. He was in the Syrian war.. fighting against Assad
    but get Fed up with it and tired..and leave the war. He basically told.. he was in a rebel (terrorist) group in Syria ,and was assigned with an unit ,of other rebels of Saudi origin.. But he got many problems with the group.. because the leader of the group wanted him to suicide bomb in a check point of the Syrian army.. for the Islam cause.. Laughing

But he was not impressed with the request and was not in a rush for the 73 virgins in heaven... so he did not wanted to do it.. Laughing So he got later his life in the group made miserable.. he was the black sheep of the group.. and so tensions never ended with the leader.. But one day the leader of the group is killed by Russia airforce in an airstrike..
    and he decide to escape the group towards another rebel group that was in charge of another district in the same city..
    In the end he told.. he ended Fighting More ,Jihadist fighters.. from Saudi Arabia , from the previous group he was..
    than fighting the Syrian army.. lol1 So he got really tired of the war.. and just quit.. Smile

So This policy of mixing terrorist of different nationalities..that are not the most compatible, the more ,the better.. in the same place.. and later creating cease of fires.. is extremely useful for Russia ..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu May 03, 2018 5:11 am

But what I meant is that we do not want to incorporate these lands to our country even though justification means are somewhat present.

And that is the problem... justification.

For the west, two people suddenly becoming ill in public has been justification for imposing sanctions, making lots of public accusations, and kicking out Russian diplomats and demanding all their allies do the same.

One countries justification however really does not stand up to independent scrutiny.

I agree the Turkey had an interest in preventing certain groups taking advantage of a power and control vacuum when the Syrian civil war went the way it did, however those same claims of self defence cannot be applied when the Syrian government forces are ready to exert control over those regions again.

We are not there to grab land.

You can only prove that when you leave.

But we would like to see Syria preserves its Turkish historical entities.

So if that is the reason the land wont be handed back, why do you think Syria will respect your wishes if you are stealing their land?

What I say is that Syrian people will never forget what Assad did to themselves, and this means more than half of the entire population.

Assad is as much a victim of the so called Arab Spring as the Syrian people... it was the west and the saudis that supported those criminals and terrorists that have destroyed much of Syria... including much of the Turkish heritage too.

We are talking about 10 fucking million internally or externally displaced people, mainly because of unconditional Assadist massacres.

I am sure only half were in hospitals and schools when the deadly nerve toxins killed them and everyone they knew. Did Assad deliver each dose personally like Santa Claus, or did he get his elves to do it (ie Putin).

Non Middle Easterners talk shit when they really underestimate ethnic complexity in the region. Iran will collapse for the same reason, Iraq will also follow the same path. And it is the same rule for Turkey that secterianism should be diminished. (When compared with SA and Iran, Turkey is really good at secterian balance, better than those two bigot-filled countries)

It is funny, because the people who brought down Assad and Gadaffi and Saddam all said it was about freedom of the people, yet when they were not being crushed by western sanctions all three of those countries didn't actually seem like terrible places to live... reasonably moderate countries mostly with religious freedom unlike say, Saudi Arabia or some other Sunni shit hole.

I am not suggesting any were utopian paradises, but then they had stability and growth and now they look like Afghanistan.

Fascinating. These are long range surface to surface rockets made by Iran, at least 8 from the pictures. Presumably in Government hands before being captured by the terrorists then not used due to lack of infrastructure to launch them.

I don't believe the Israelis would risk everything to attack Iranian SAMs in storage in Syria, but they would do it if it was Iranian SSMs...

There seems to be a deal on Homs but those against it have formed a breakaway group and are now fighting those that want to surrender.

Excellent news... hopefully they kill as many of each other as they can as quick as they can... shifting terrorists is just postponing the problem anyway.... not that it is not the right thing to do in the situation.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu May 03, 2018 12:06 pm

This will be interesting. Will the SDF/US actually eliminate ISIS here or will they just 'vanish'?

Emmanuel
    ‏ @EmmanuelGMay
    12h12 hours ago

East #DeirEzzor countryside : Approximative positions of #YPG /#SDF /#YPJ , #Daesh and #SAA at the start of the SDF offensive #to clean the #Daesh pocket v @GlobalEventMap

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 DcOPIwQWAAInPgj
    starman
    starman

Post  starman Thu May 03, 2018 12:11 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Excellent news... hopefully they kill as many of each other as they can as quick as they can... shifting terrorists is just postponing the problem anyway....

As more and more terrorists from disparate groups wind up around Idlib, many will probably start fighting one another. Smile
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu May 03, 2018 12:22 pm

par far wrote:

"SYRIAN MILITARY INTELLIGENCE SIZES WEAPONS AND ISRAELI MEDICINE SHIPMENT HEADING TO NORTHERN HOMS (PHOTOS)."

Israel should be taken to the UN over this, they are supplying terrorists in a foreign country.

Not sure how believable that is. Its a huge quantity of munitions. I can't understand how anyone would attempt to move the large convoy that it would entailed to transport it expecting to get through a war zone.

Pity they didn't show the trucks before they unloaded them.

On a related point, whenever there are videos of convoys of tanks etc moving around, both terrorist and Government forces, there are never any trucks with them containing munitions/food/water etc yet when we saw convoys moving around in Ukraine at least half were trucks.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu May 03, 2018 10:44 pm

Interrupting usual Iran&Israel telenovela to remind you that there is war going on Cool

SAA forces and Palestinian allies split the ISIS pocket in southern Damascus and separated Yarmouk Camp from Hajar Al Aswad district.

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 26 DcSbrh2WAAAsdBh:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:22 am