Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Share
    avatar
    Regular

    Posts : 2068
    Points : 2070
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Regular on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:27 pm

    Destroyed radars in Europe can be rebuild by US in no time. Wouldn't cost much. But backlash would cost a lot to Russia economically.
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1118
    Points : 1188
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  auslander on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:07 pm

    par far wrote:
    auslander wrote:Too late. CehSha just hit. Details at 11.

    What in God's name is CheSha?

    США

    T-47

    Posts : 217
    Points : 221
    Join date : 2017-07-17
    Location : Planet Earth

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  T-47 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:27 pm

    auslander wrote:
    par far wrote:
    auslander wrote:Too late. CehSha just hit. Details at 11.

    What in God's name is CheSha?

    США

    lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2886
    Points : 2922
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  franco on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:29 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Well loaded and southbound. Interesting cargo (two harbour patrol and inshore fast boats) on the Alexandr Tkachenko plus whatever is hidden on the lower deck.

    Interesting...didn't think they'd bring the Raptor boats to Syria

    ----

    Tiger-M with Arbalet turret spotted in Syria


    They are used to patrol the Harbor of the Tartus Naval base. A 21980 harbor patrol boat also arrived last week. It's 140 tonnes and sailed down while the 30 tonne Raptors were transported down.
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2886
    Points : 2922
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  franco on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:31 pm

    auslander wrote:
    par far wrote:
    auslander wrote:Too late. CehSha just hit. Details at 11.

    What in God's name is CheSha?

    США

    Your Russian is improving Very Happy Is the old lady on a not speaking English any more kick Wink
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5782
    Points : 5847
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:43 pm

    franco wrote:

    Your Russian is improving Very Happy  Is the old lady on a not speaking English any more kick Wink
    Not sure she'd be happy being called 'old' Laughing Laughing
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2359
    Points : 2373
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:46 pm

    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3653
    Points : 3774
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  kvs on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:53 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:

    God, the idiot translator gets totally lost at the most critical part pertaining to the Swiss lab results point to BZ
    and discussing that the alleged doses of A-234 would have been lethal.

    1) BZ was found by the OPCW and this agent was never used by the USSR or Russia.

    2) the concentrations of A-234 found are inconsistent with the health state of the Skripals.
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2886
    Points : 2922
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  franco on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:03 pm

    France and Germany are going to lead a new effort to establish peace in Syria and realize that they cannot get it done without Russia however...
    "We will use our bilateral contacts and communication channels with Moscow to bring Russia to the constructive position. The political process will not be launched without Russia, whether we like it or not," Maas pointed out.

    https://sputniknews.com/world/201804141063565874-germany-france-syrian-settlement/
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2886
    Points : 2922
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  franco on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:06 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    franco wrote:

    Your Russian is improving Very Happy  Is the old lady on a not speaking English any more kick Wink
    Not sure she'd be happy being called 'old' Laughing Laughing

    Well not compared to us "old farts", plus I have it on good authority she looks much younger then she is angel

    mnztr

    Posts : 51
    Points : 59
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  mnztr on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:30 pm

    kvs wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

    God, the idiot translator gets totally lost at the most critical part pertaining to the Swiss lab results point to BZ
    and discussing that the alleged doses of A-234 would have been lethal.    

    1) BZ was found by the OPCW and this agent was never used by the USSR or Russia.

    2) the concentrations of A-234 found are inconsistent with the health state of the Skripals.


    You really think they got "lost"?
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1118
    Points : 1188
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  auslander on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:23 pm

    franco wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    par far wrote:
    auslander wrote:Too late. CehSha just hit. Details at 11.

    What in God's name is CheSha?

    США

    Your Russian is improving Very Happy  Is the old lady on a not speaking English any more kick Wink

    Nope, the little hellion still speaks mostly English but since I am exposed more and more to Russian, I'm learning more.
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1118
    Points : 1188
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  auslander on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:33 pm

    JohninMK wrote: Not sure she'd be happy being called 'old' Laughing Laughing

    'Old lady' is American slang for your wife, she can be 16 but she's still your 'old lady'.
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1118
    Points : 1188
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  auslander on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:01 pm

    franco wrote: Well not compared to us "old farts", plus I have it on good authority she looks much younger then she is angel

    LOL. She does. 1.48 of half Slav half Tatar take no prisoners Russian lady.


    Last edited by auslander on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17736
    Points : 18330
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  GarryB on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:06 am

    Putin could use this to destroy some radars in europe if you know what I mean but well, not really their intention. He is too kind with them.

    Attacking Europe can't be justified... and would be too much of an escalation...

    A pandoras box because next time they stage something they could try attacking things in Russia in response...

    God, the idiot translator gets totally lost at the most critical part pertaining to the Swiss lab results point to BZ
    and discussing that the alleged doses of A-234 would have been lethal.

    Excellent... that means the UK and EU and US and other lackeys will have to remove sanctions on Russia, reinstate those diplomats and then logically impose sanctions against the US... who had BZ in service in the early 1960s... and the Russians and Soviets never used... incontrovertible evidence Russia did not do it and the US probably did.

    No wonder they didn't want to hand over samples...

    "We will use our bilateral contacts and communication channels with Moscow to bring Russia to the constructive position. The political process will not be launched without Russia, whether we like it or not," Maas pointed out.

    Reminds me of the USS Liberty spy vessel being contacted by the Israeli forces that just shot the shit out of them asking if they need assistance (when they intercepted a message from a nearby US carrier telling them F-14s were onroute...) I believe the reply was go fuck yourself or words to that effect.

    France and Germany have no role in peace in Syria...

    LOL. She does. 1.58 of half Slav half Tatar take no prisoners Russian lady.

    I am jealous... Smile


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2245
    Points : 3135
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:06 am

    I was thinking about a good way to retaliate without force and think I have it. So the British have RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus that was used to launch their strike in Homs. The Cypriots only allow it because they pay base rent and are strapped for cash. They were not informed until after the strikes and there are protests going on now. A good way we could get back at them is to encourage these protests and offer a deal to the Cypriots to kick out the British and we will take over their base.


    _________________
    The true value of life knows only the paratrooper. For he is more likely to look death in the eye.  -- Vasily Margelov
    avatar
    Airbornewolf

    Posts : 358
    Points : 420
    Join date : 2014-02-05

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Airbornewolf on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:42 am

    Vladimir79 wrote:I was thinking about a good way to retaliate without force and think I have it.  So the British have RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus that was used to launch their strike in Homs.  The Cypriots only allow it because they pay base rent and are strapped for cash.  They were not informed until after the strikes and there are protests going on now.  A good way we could get back at them is to encourage these protests and offer a deal to the Cypriots to kick out the British and we will take over their base.    

    No offense, but they really could not link the dots together with all the NATO plus Saudi aircraft arriving?. over a dozen C-17's landed there to unload the missiles and during the strike the base kept launching non-stop aircraft?.

    Or like how the majority of missile strikes did not "hug the terrain" but instead flew at a reasonble attitude suitable for interception?.

    this strike was a puppet show, and everyone knows it.

    Russia gave the U.S a way out,  Russia did not retaliate, and the U.S "just" fired around 100 in waves of 3.

    and really, i prefer this over enduring ww3, but this was all staged to prevent the eventual nuclear escalation.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17736
    Points : 18330
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  GarryB on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:55 am


    Or like how the majority of missile strikes did not "hug the terrain" but instead flew at a reasonble attitude suitable for interception?.

    I noticed that too, but was it really to make them easy targets or because last time half the missiles they launched just ran into the ground?


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Mindstorm

    Posts : 789
    Points : 964
    Join date : 2011-07-20

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Mindstorm on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:48 am


    GarryB wrote: or because last time half the missiles they launched just ran into the ground?

    Finally someone putting with intelligence together observation of an, only apparently, strange details of the western cruise missiles employment in the last attack and a scarcely known technical detail about the employment of the same weapon in the attack to the Al Shayrat AB.

    For the chronicle the entire salvo of 36 missiles delivered by the USS Ross ,out of the 60 (the other 24 BGM-109 was delivered by the USS Porter with one initialization malfunction), following the North route nearer to Federation AB, do not even managed to reach Syrian soil (none ran into ground, rather into salt water Wink )
    avatar
    medo

    Posts : 3301
    Points : 3389
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  medo on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:54 am

    Airbornewolf wrote:Or like how the majority of missile strikes did not "hug the terrain" but instead flew at a reasonble attitude suitable for interception?

    Aswer is simple. Just look at the map. Damascus is placed under the mountain chain. Cruise missiles launched from US ships fly through Lebanon to avoid Russian bases in Latakia. The reason they fly high is the position of mountain chains, so missiles have to fly over mountains and not following valeys and when they fly over mountain they are at high altitude and this is why Syrian AD shot down missiles at higher altitude.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2359
    Points : 2373
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:05 am

    medo wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:Or like how the majority of missile strikes did not "hug the terrain" but instead flew at a reasonble attitude suitable for interception?

    Aswer is simple. Just look at the map. Damascus is placed under the mountain chain. Cruise missiles launched from US ships fly through Lebanon to avoid Russian bases in Latakia. The reason they fly high is the position of mountain chains, so missiles have to fly over mountains and not following valeys and when they fly over mountain they are at high altitude and this is why Syrian AD shot down missiles at higher altitude.

    +1
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5782
    Points : 5847
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:08 pm

    But only a small proportion had to go high. According to the US only 6 Tomahawks and the UK/F missiles came in from the west. The rest came from the Red Sea and the Gulf, including probably the JJASM from the B-1s.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5782
    Points : 5847
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:15 pm

    Mindstorm wrote:
    GarryB wrote: or because last time half the missiles they launched just ran into the ground?

    Finally someone putting with intelligence together observation of an, only apparently, strange details of the western cruise missiles employment in the last attack and a scarcely known technical detail about the employment of the same weapon in the attack to the Al Shayrat AB.

    For the chronicle the entire salvo of 36 missiles delivered by the USS Ross ,out of the 60 (the other 24 BGM-109 was delivered by the USS Porter with one initialization malfunction), following the North route nearer to Federation AB, do not even managed to reach Syrian soil (none ran into ground, rather into salt water Wink )          

    Not sure about that claim. According to the US, the surface ships launching the Tomahawks were the USS Monteray, Laboon and Higgins.

    The guided-missile cruisier USS Monterey fired 30 Tomahawk cruise missiles from the Red Sea. Nearby, the guided-missile destroyer Laboon fired another seven.

    In the Persian Gulf, another destroyer, USS Higgins, fired launched 23.

    In the Mediterranean, U.S. Navy submarine the John Warner launched six missiles.


    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/14/pentagon-us-allies-launched-105-missiles-in-syria-successfully-hit-all-three-targets.html

    Mindstorm

    Posts : 789
    Points : 964
    Join date : 2011-07-20

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Mindstorm on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:21 pm

    medo wrote:Aswer is simple. Just look at the map. Damascus is placed under the mountain chain. Cruise missiles launched from US ships fly through Lebanon to avoid Russian bases in Latakia. The reason they fly high is the position of mountain chains


    Not medo, answer is not simple.

    None of the weapons employed in the attack had any range-related constraint, forcing those missiles to come from north-western Damascus sector and, in facts, all of them (how described well by OAN journalist present during the attack in Damascus) came from three different axis: eastern ,southern and western Damascus sector, obviously to generate target discrimination and selection problems for the Soviet-era command and control units of the local SAM batteries; moreover even the missiles coming from western Damascus sector was flying much higher above the mountain formation as easily nocibeable from all the videos of the attack.

    Above all what said we must take in consideration that all the JASSM-ER employed was delivered from Jordan airspace.

    Simply western forces has been forced, after the attack to Al Shayrt AB, to modify CM flight profile program because none of them could had anymore relied on the data coming from theirs radar altimeters; penalty being not be capable even only to reach the target area Wink

    The problem is that ,with a similar flight approach, also the cruise missiles passing through area defended only by modernized samples of Soviet-made SAM systems, such as С-125М "Печора-2M" (for the most important sites defended instead by the few Бук-М2Э, that have downed ,in the last attack, the incoming cruise missiles with a 100% success rate, obviously not noticeable difference exist in capability to engage those type of target independently from its flight pact approach) became much more vulnerable to interception.

    The combined effect of those two elements has produced a military failure of historical proportion that , behind closed doors, will likely substantially modify the CONOPS and the same employment's doctrine of subsonic cruise missiles in even barely contested air spaces.


    Mindstorm

    Posts : 789
    Points : 964
    Join date : 2011-07-20

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Mindstorm on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:42 pm


    JonhinMK wrote:Not sure about that claim. According to the US, the surface ships launching the Tomahawks were the USS Monteray, Laboon and Higgins.



    We talk of different events JonhinMK.

    I talk of the attack to the Al Shayrat Air Base of the 7 April 2017 , the very event that have "forced" western forces now to employ theirs cruise missiles with this ,apparently strange, flight-cruise altitude approach to the target.

    In that attack the 23 missiles that reached Shayrat AB was just all those delivered by the USS Porter (out of 24, because one malfuction occured for a missile seconds afther tube separation), that followed the Southern approach while none of the 36 delivered by the USS Ross following the North-Western route (all within reach of the Federation's EW air platforms ) managed even only to reach Syrian coast - some US source mix-up the numbers exchanging the 36 missiles of the USS Ross suppressed with those instead reaching the airbases, likely a little problem of number misunderstanding from theirs insiders sources Wink

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military involvement and aid to Syria #13

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:21 pm