Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Security of Russian air bases

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Security of Russian air bases  - Page 3 Empty Re: Security of Russian air bases

Post  Cyberspec on Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:19 am

GarryB wrote:
    But yeah, only deal with the problem when you encounter it. Never think ahead. Shopping mall burned down in Kemerovo with 70 people dead - hmmm time to think about enforcing fire codes. Ammo dump blew up spectacularly, hmm time to think about basic safety standards and training. Planes on the tarmac got damaged with some home-made UAVs dropping explosives - yes, time to think about a roof over their heads. Modern day Russia in a nutshell.

All very valid criticisms, but I would say a human problem rather than just blaming Russia.

The ironic thing is, if they start sending government inspectors around the country to clamp down hard on every violation, I'm willing to bet people will be complaining about how authoritarian and bureaucratic the government is
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:54 am

If I remember correctly, it was mentioned a few years ago in some article that they would start constructing shelters from around 2020 onwards. The article was probably shared on this very forum. So it was "always" the plan, at least for the most part. Different priorities, I guess. dunno

And that's fair criticism (when I'm not reading it from anti-Russian sources), but incidents like Kemerovo are actually statistically much less common now than even 10 years ago. That's also modern Russia in a nutshell.
    william.boutros

Post  william.boutros on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:18 pm

Isos wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/RALee85/status/1177640891877675008

Russian building hangar shelters similar to those in Syria in its manland bases for its fighters.

They clearly saw the danger of small improvised suicide drone against airport. They can easily destroy main airforces assets in mater of hours. Bad perf of pantsir are also playing in this decision IMO.

That is just silly. These are sandwich panels and they cannot stop a hard kick let alone a bomb.
    They can conceal and protect from the elements.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo on Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Now Russuan army build shelters for helicopters in Hmeimim and they will be finnished in November. Now they confirm, that shelters have two layers of armor plates to protect against drones and mortar mines. I hope RuAF will now start to intensively build such shelters in their airbases in Russia as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:12 pm