Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Hello from Canada

mnztr

Hello from Canada

Post  mnztr on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Joined this because I am fascinated by how Russia uses some very interesting and innovative approaches to counter the massively expensive US military. Of course Russian planes are also brilliant and beautiful. I am getting more into Russian ships now as well, with Russia now launching some relatively small but very heavily armed corvettes, this could represent a major change in navy strategy. At the same time the Kirov class modernization seems to indicate they are hedging this strategy with some capital ships as well.
    archangelski

Re: Hello from Canada

Post  archangelski on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:42 pm

mnztr wrote:Joined this because I am fascinated by how Russia uses some very interesting and innovative approaches to counter the massively expensive US military. Of course Russian planes are also brilliant and beautiful. I am getting more into Russian ships now as well, with Russia now launching some relatively small but very heavily armed corvettes, this could represent a major change in navy strategy. At the same time the Kirov class modernization seems to indicate they are hedging this strategy with some capital ships as well.
    welcome
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:13 am

welcome Smile

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:24 pm