Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Share
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2184
    Points : 2207
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  eehnie Yesterday at 11:36 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    George1 wrote:Baltic Fleet patrol vessel Yaroslav Mudry enters Sudan’s port

    The Russian navy sailors will also carry out the necessary maintenance check and overhaul of the ship during the three-day anchorage

    KALININGRAD, August 15. /TASS/. The Yaroslav Mudry (Yaroslav the Wise) patrol vessel, which is keeping the watch in the Gulf of Aden area, ..........

    The Yaroslav Mudry left the Baltiysk city naval harbor on April 15. The main tasks of the voyage are the demonstration of St. Andrew’s flag, the performance of tasks in accordance with the training plan and the provision of secure civil shipping in the Gulf of Aden and the Horn of Africa area.
    .......

    First of all Yaroslav Mudry is NOT patrol vessel, it's anti-submarine warfare frigate.

    And second this is why Bykov-class patrol vessels are necessary for Russian Navy: to take the load off from proper warships and free them up by taking on this two-bit nonsense assignments​.

    Instead of looking for submarines they have full-sized ASW frigates playing Coast Guard in Aden. And this is hardly worst situation, sometimes they send Udalois or even Slavas to waste time and mileage on this.

    Bykovs can't come soon enough....

    This is a non-sense.

    The presence of well armed ships with antisubmarine, antiship and air defense capabilities will be for sure enjoyed by the submarines threatening Syria from the Red sea.

    You are promoting the Project 22160 only because you expect them low armed and as consequence unable to oppose any US combat ship. The problem is that you will see them better armed than you expect.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6972
    Points : 7070
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  PapaDragon Yesterday at 3:11 pm

    eehnie wrote:.......
    The presence of well armed ships with antisubmarine, antiship and air defense capabilities will be for sure enjoyed by the submarines threatening Syria from the Red sea.



    Took me a while to decipher pathetically low quality sentence structure and grammar but I pulled it off so anyway, the reply:

    Those "enjoyable" ships will not be doing anything because they will be too busy doing stupid nonsense like anti-piracy and diplomacy instead of stuff they were built to do.


    eehnie wrote:.......You are promoting the Project 22160 only because you expect them low armed and as consequence unable to oppose any US combat ship. The problem is that you will see them better armed than you expect.

    Even though other ships had decade head start it is Bykov-class that is closest to completion even though more of them were ordered in first batch than there will be all Gorshkovs​ combined.

    I see them as ships that exist as opposed to one-off test-beds, promo platforms and fanarts.

    Also, no surface ship or ships in Russian fleet will ever be able to oppose US fleet. Sheer numbers are insurmountable.

    That is why Russian Navy are not being idiots and are focusing on submarines for this job.

    Jutland was long ago. Those days are over. Deal with it.



    hoom wrote:Here's something a bit interesting http://charly015.blogspot.com/2018/08/facilidades-para-los-buques-rusos-en.html
    Russia has just done a deal with Madagascar to allow Russian ships to make stops.
    ..........
    A while back there was a big US/UK led hoo-hah over Russian ships stopping in Spanish Ceuta on the way to Syria.
    Meanwhile according to Charly015 Russia has successfully also done deals with places like Seychelles, Mozambique & Tanzania as well.

    All good news, more the merrier and definitely more comfortable.

    However these are all East African nations. Real win will be if they manage to get a port in West Africa (Atlantic). Now that would be a sweet setup.
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2184
    Points : 2207
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  eehnie Yesterday at 5:38 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    eehnie wrote:.......
    The presence of well armed ships with antisubmarine, antiship and air defense capabilities will be for sure enjoyed by the submarines threatening Syria from the Red sea.



    Took me a while to decipher pathetically low quality sentence structure and grammar but I pulled it off so anyway, the reply:

    Those "enjoyable" ships will not be doing anything because they will be too busy doing stupid nonsense like anti-piracy and diplomacy instead of stuff they were built to do.


    eehnie wrote:.......You are promoting the Project 22160 only because you expect them low armed and as consequence unable to oppose any US combat ship. The problem is that you will see them better armed than you expect.

    Even though other ships had decade head start it is Bykov-class that is closest to completion even though more of them were ordered in first batch than there will be all Gorshkovs​ combined.

    I see them as ships that exist as opposed to one-off test-beds, promo platforms and fanarts.

    Also, no surface ship or ships in Russian fleet will ever be able to oppose US fleet. Sheer numbers are insurmountable.

    That is why Russian Navy are not being idiots and are focusing on submarines for this job.

    Jutland was long ago. Those days are over. Deal with it.

    What took you most time is to link Coast of Sudan <--> Red Sea. Your mind alone was not able of it.

    Cogratulations, you share with average US citizens the geographical incompetence in adition to the Americanized English. Well, in fact, this is not a surprise.

    Fortunately the Admirals of the Russian Navy are a lot smarter than you and put the US submarines that attacked Syria from the Red Sea on escape mode, unless they want Russia gets even the pictures of the crewmembers.

    Curiously, at this point, the first ship of the Project 22350 passed the tests and seems commissioned, while the first ship of the Project 22160 is still under teting and trials. While the Project 22350 has 1 ship finished and 5 under construction, the Project 22160 has 6 under construction. And despite your wish, a well armed Project 22160 ship swill emerge from the tests, because the Russian Navy is not the Russian Coast Guard. This is the reality. Deal with it.
    avatar
    Hole

    Posts : 693
    Points : 693
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 42
    Location : Merkelland

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  Hole Yesterday at 9:37 pm

    The job of the russian navy is to defend her country, her ships are equipped accordingly, mostly with anti-ship missiles. Amiland has just 150 surface ships. If the are dumb enough to attack Russia, they will be destroyed.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6972
    Points : 7070
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  PapaDragon Today at 1:36 am

    Hole wrote:The job of the russian navy is to defend her country, her ships are equipped accordingly, mostly with anti-ship missiles. Amiland has just 150 surface ships. If the are dumb enough to attack Russia, they will be destroyed.

    If USN attacks​ Russia they will be destroyed. But not as a result of Russian surface fleet but predominantly by submarines, coastal missiles and airforce.

    What local "experts" here are trying to pass off as reality is that Russian Navy will be taking on US Navy in direct surface combat away from Russian coast and not get obliterated.

    Even if all Russian surface ships launch all their missiles (both AA and AShM) and every single one of them hits and destroys it's intended target there will still be enough US ships and aircraft left to erase Russian fleet from existence several times over in just one sitting.

    Math. No going around it.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 2726
    Points : 2766
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Today at 1:51 am

    Hole wrote:The job of the russian navy is to defend her country, her ships are equipped accordingly, mostly with anti-ship missiles. Amiland has just 150 surface ships. If the are dumb enough to attack Russia, they will be destroyed.

    With modernization of Tu-22M3M and returning MiG-31 as Kinzhal carriers, the first line of defense are not gonna be ships anyway.  Kinzhal + carrier combo makes like 2000-3000 km barrier against CSGs. And no landing force will move without air supremacy not to mention lack of support at all.


    There will be no naval battles needed then.  Subs can hunt other subs. Especially  interesting it seems to be gonna be with fielding Cephalopod drone attack subs.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 2726
    Points : 2766
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Today at 1:58 am

    PapaDragon wrote:

    Even if all Russian surface ships launch all their missiles (both AA and AShM) and every single one of them hits and destroys it's intended target there will still be enough US ships and aircraft left to erase Russian fleet from existence several times over in just one sitting.

    Math. No going around it.

    Math is working perfectly but problem is ill formulated by you Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil .


    You dont attack ships but CSGs. Kinzhal form above and Poseidon form below. No ship is supposed to come close enough to launch an air attack or Tomahawk salvo. The problem are Ohio subs with tomahawks / ICBMs but Cephalopodes are designed for for this task.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6972
    Points : 7070
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  PapaDragon Today at 2:01 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

    Even if all Russian surface ships launch all their missiles (both AA and AShM) and every single one of them hits and destroys it's intended target there will still be enough US ships and aircraft left to erase Russian fleet from existence several times over in just one sitting.

    Math. No going around it.

    Math is working perfectly but problem is ill formulated by you ...... .


    You dont attack ships but CSGs. Kinzhal form above and Poseidon form below. No ship is supposed to come close enough to launch an air attack or Tomahawk salvo. The problem are Ohio subs with tomahawks / ICBMs but Cephalopodes are designed for for this task.

    Math is fine and so is problem formulation.

    Kinzhal from aircraft, Poseidon from submarines.

    No Russian surface ships in this equation.
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2184
    Points : 2207
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  eehnie Today at 2:07 am

    You know perfectly that US submarines escape of the Russian detection systems as fast as they can. And more in a closed environment like the Red Sea.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6972
    Points : 7070
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  PapaDragon Today at 2:18 am

    eehnie wrote:You know perfectly that US submarines escape of the Russian detection systems as fast as they can. And more in a closed environment like the Red Sea.

    No we don't know because nobody is telling. What we do know is that UK subs hightailed once Kilo-subs were on the job. But again, subs, not surface ships.

    Also, taking on US Navy in Red Sea? They OWN that place. That would be almost as dumb as taking on Russian Navy in Sea of Okhotsk.
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2184
    Points : 2207
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  eehnie Today at 2:29 am

    Russia published recently a case with a Project 11356 frigate in the Mediterraneum.

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6972
    Points : 7070
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  PapaDragon Today at 2:33 am

    eehnie wrote:Russia published recently a case with a Project 11356 frigate in the Mediterraneum.


    And USA published statement saying that ABM totally works. Guess how true that is. Anyone can publish anything.

    Only case we have so far that has any merit is Kilo/Astute situation, everything else is hearsay.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 2726
    Points : 2766
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Today at 2:47 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Math is fine and so is problem formulation.

    Kinzhal from aircraft, Poseidon from submarines.

    No Russian surface ships in this equation.


    c'mon 22160 is sooo sexy Razz Razz Razz especilly with Zircons, Pantsir and Paket lol1 lol1 lol1
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6972
    Points : 7070
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  PapaDragon Today at 4:11 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Math is fine and so is problem formulation.

    Kinzhal from aircraft, Poseidon from submarines.

    No Russian surface ships in this equation.


    c'mon 22160 is sooo sexy Razz Razz Razz especilly with Zircons, Pantsir and Paket lol1 lol1 lol1

    Why the hell not? It would be makeshift solution but whatever...

    But for the love of Cthulhu can they just once reach DOUBLE​ DIGIT production number? Otherwise why bother....
    avatar
    Hole

    Posts : 693
    Points : 693
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 42
    Location : Merkelland

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  Hole Today at 11:16 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Hole wrote:The job of the russian navy is to defend her country, her ships are equipped accordingly, mostly with anti-ship missiles. Amiland has just 150 surface ships. If the are dumb enough to attack Russia, they will be destroyed.

    If USN attacks​ Russia they will be destroyed. But not as a result of Russian surface fleet but predominantly by submarines, coastal missiles and airforce.

    What local "experts" here are trying to pass off as reality is that Russian Navy will be taking on US Navy in direct surface combat away from Russian coast and not get obliterated.

    Even if all Russian surface ships launch all their missiles (both AA and AShM) and every single one of them hits and destroys it's intended target there will still be enough US ships and aircraft left to erase Russian fleet from existence several times over in just one sitting.

    Math. No going around it.

    Amiland has 150 combat ships, including LCS, amphibious ships and mine hunters. The russian fleet won´t need all their anti-ship missiles to destroy them.
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 1960
    Points : 1954
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  Isos Today at 11:27 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Hole wrote:The job of the russian navy is to defend her country, her ships are equipped accordingly, mostly with anti-ship missiles. Amiland has just 150 surface ships. If the are dumb enough to attack Russia, they will be destroyed.

    If USN attacks​ Russia they will be destroyed. But not as a result of Russian surface fleet but predominantly by submarines, coastal missiles and airforce.

    What local "experts" here are trying to pass off as reality is that Russian Navy will be taking on US Navy in direct surface combat away from Russian coast and not get obliterated.

    Even if all Russian surface ships launch all their missiles (both AA and AShM) and every single one of them hits and destroys it's intended target there will still be enough US ships and aircraft left to erase Russian fleet from existence several times over in just one sitting.

    Math. No going around it.

    US can't afford to lose a big part of their navy. Chinese would take all they want in thr chinese sea if they lose their carriers and a big part of of their destroyers. Obama administration tried to focus more than half of the navy toward China.

    On the opposite russia doesn't really care about its torpedo boats and corvettes. If the missiles they fire can destroy just one military ships, it's ok.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 2726
    Points : 2766
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Today at 2:48 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    c'mon 22160 is sooo sexy Razz Razz Razz especilly with Zircons, Pantsir  and Paket lol1 lol1 lol1

    Why the hell not? It would be makeshift solution but whatever...

    But for the love of Cthulhu can they just once reach DOUBLE​ DIGIT production number? Otherwise why bother....

    now we're talking thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup  + many many drone subs (Cephalopods) and number of Huskies. + of course VSTOL fighter cheers cheers cheers
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 1014
    Points : 1014
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Today at 4:14 pm

    Isos wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Hole wrote:The job of the russian navy is to defend her country, her ships are equipped accordingly, mostly with anti-ship missiles. Amiland has just 150 surface ships. If the are dumb enough to attack Russia, they will be destroyed.

    If USN attacks Russia they will be destroyed. But not as a result of Russian surface fleet but predominantly by submarines, coastal missiles and airforce.

    What local "experts" here are trying to pass off as reality is that Russian Navy will be taking on US Navy in direct surface combat away from Russian coast and not get obliterated.

    Even if all Russian surface ships launch all their missiles (both AA and AShM) and every single one of them hits and destroys it's intended target there will still be enough US ships and aircraft left to erase Russian fleet from existence several times over in just one sitting.

    Math. No going around it.

    US can't afford to lose a big part of their navy. Chinese would take all they want in thr chinese sea if they lose their carriers and a big part of of their destroyers. Obama administration tried to focus more than half of the navy toward China.

    On the opposite russia doesn't really care about its torpedo boats and corvettes. If the missiles they fire can destroy just one military ships, it's ok.

    with russia current fleet, in an open blue water fight, they would never sink one carrier.

    Don't bring up weapons they do not have yet and aren't on all of their ships, sorry but no Russia would get crushed in a blue water engagement, that is fact.

    Russian navy isn't the Chinese navy so don't bring them up. The Chinese navy is much large and much better equipped than the Russians.
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 1960
    Points : 1954
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  Isos Today at 5:25 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Hole wrote:The job of the russian navy is to defend her country, her ships are equipped accordingly, mostly with anti-ship missiles. Amiland has just 150 surface ships. If the are dumb enough to attack Russia, they will be destroyed.

    If USN attacks Russia they will be destroyed. But not as a result of Russian surface fleet but predominantly by submarines, coastal missiles and airforce.

    What local "experts" here are trying to pass off as reality is that Russian Navy will be taking on US Navy in direct surface combat away from Russian coast and not get obliterated.

    Even if all Russian surface ships launch all their missiles (both AA and AShM) and every single one of them hits and destroys it's intended target there will still be enough US ships and aircraft left to erase Russian fleet from existence several times over in just one sitting.

    Math. No going around it.

    US can't afford to lose a big part of their navy. Chinese would take all they want in thr chinese sea if they lose their carriers and a big part of of their destroyers. Obama administration tried to focus more than half of the navy toward China.

    On the opposite russia doesn't really care about its torpedo boats and corvettes. If the missiles they fire can destroy just one military ships, it's ok.

    with russia current fleet, in an open blue water fight, they would never sink one carrier.

    Don't bring up weapons they do not have yet and aren't on all of their ships, sorry but no Russia would get crushed in a blue water engagement, that is fact.

    Russian navy isn't the Chinese navy so don't bring them up. The Chinese navy is much large and much better equipped than the Russians.

    No one is talking about engagement in open sea.

    Chinese navy has more ships. No one knows if they are better than new russian designs. And in terms of subs russia is far away in future compare to china. Tu-22/kh-22 is something they dream of everyday. Su-34 too.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #4

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:58 pm