Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+49
Regular
Isos
Godric
Odin of Ossetia
The Ottoman
Arctic_Fox
Azi
0nillie0
auslander
Vann7
Kimppis
Hannibal Barca
zorobabel
Karl Haushofer
archangelski
AlfaT8
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
Tingsay
crod
ATLASCUB
nomadski
starman
kvs
KiloGolf
KoTeMoRe
GarryB
yavar
lycantrop
BKP
eehnie
George1
franco
miketheterrible
d_taddei2
Cyberspec
calm
PapaDragon
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
medo
Visc
OminousSpudd
KomissarBojanchev
Benya
par far
Airman
Walther von Oldenburg
ultimatewarrior
53 posters

Syrian War: News #16

eehnie
    eehnie

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 15 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

Post  eehnie Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:30 pm

calm wrote:
    #YPG Spox. @Nurimahmud1, DeirEzzor Civilian Council spox. and #Russian military officials press brief regarding DeirEzZor liberation campaign.

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 15 DQHoM4gVoAAG78L

dunno

This is the reality that many anti-Kurd people want to deny.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:45 pm

eehnie wrote:
    calm wrote:
    #YPG Spox. @Nurimahmud1, DeirEzzor Civilian Council spox. and #Russian military officials press brief regarding DeirEzZor liberation campaign.

dunno

Wait and see how Kurds and SDF will get shish-kebabed and then remove-kebabed in the next few years. Like Mosul and Kirkuk pirat

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:32 pm

eehnie wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    eehnie wrote:This war seems far of the end still, despite the fall of the ISIS.

In overall terms is logical to see Syria keeping safer its most capable and most modern (as military concept) armament. Taking into account the reports it would be:

SA-22
    SS-C-5
    SS-26
    T-90
    TOS-1
    BM-30
    SA-19
    SA-11/17
    SA-10/12/20/23
    Project 1265
    Su-24
    2S1
    SA-8
    Project 1258
    SA-6
    MiG-29/35
    BM-27
    Project 266
    Su-17/20/22
    2S3
    T-72
    SS-C-1
    SS-21
    SS-C-3
    2S4
    MiG-23
    SS-1 Scud
    ZSU-23-4

This the armament that is most difficult to be restored by Russia.

But also, (like in the case of the generals with bounties), would be the armament which destruction is most interesting for the US and Israel. Looking at the events in the battlefields, it seems that there are paramilitary groups in Syria with more advanced armament which fight is limited to hunt high rank officials and also this armament in order to weaken the Syrian Armed Forces and also the Syrian arsenals. Their fight would include also some armament of Iranian origin that is less known for me.

I slightly disagree Russia could easily supply
    T-72, 2s3, 2s1,  zsu-23-4, sa-8, bm-27, sa-6, and to an extent su-24, with what Russia had in stock these shouldn't be a problem "mig-25/35"? Since when did Syria have mig-35?  Although I am sure your going to tell me I am wrong.

MiG-29/35, thanks, corrected.

To have units of them stored in the reserve means not to be unnecessary for Russia, for its own defense.

Originally you said supply hence my comment. As they have plenty in storage but restoring costs money. I suspect that after the war a initial donation from Russia to help stabilise the army then the Syrian government will have to drip feed it due to the massive job of rebuilding the country. Donations would consist of Brdm -2, MT-LB, bmp-1 & 2, T-62, T-64, BM-21, 2S1, 2s3, 2s5 (surprisingly not seen yet) and various artillery and mortars and any Btr60 & 70 that they have left in storage. Small donations or small sales of T-72B3, BTR -82, MRAP typhoon family, scorpion 4x4, tigr, volk, Bpm-97, bulat APC, vodnik. And might even see bmp-3, bmpt, and BTR -87. And I think air defence will see some newer equipment might end up seeing Sonsa R, strelets, but ideally S-300. The airforce might eventually get Mig-29M2 and yak-130. But I doubt anything else maybe some mi-35 and mi-17. It will have to make do with its current airforce along with the mig-29M2 and yak-130 which will likely be armed.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:06 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    calm wrote:

dunno

Wait and see how Kurds and SDF will get shish-kebabed and then remove-kebabed in the next few years. Like Mosul and Kirkuk pirat

I said here before that who thinks the Kurds will defend Arab territory in Syria stronger than Kirkuk is dreaming.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:53 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

In overall terms is logical to see Syria keeping safer its most capable and most modern (as military concept) armament. Taking into account the reports it would be:

SA-22
    SS-C-5
    SS-26
    T-90
    TOS-1
    BM-30
    SA-19
    SA-11/17
    SA-10/12/20/23
    Project 1265
    Su-24
    2S1
    SA-8
    Project 1258
    SA-6
    MiG-29/35
    BM-27
    Project 266
    Su-17/20/22
    2S3
    T-72
    SS-C-1
    SS-21
    SS-C-3
    2S4
    MiG-23
    SS-1 Scud
    ZSU-23-4

But also, (like in the case of the generals with bounties), would be the armament which destruction is most interesting for the US and Israel. Looking at the events in the battlefields, it seems that there are paramilitary groups in Syria with more advanced armament which fight is limited to hunt high rank officials and also this armament in order to weaken the Syrian Armed Forces and also the Syrian arsenals. Their fight would include also some armament of Iranian origin that is less known for me.

T-72, 2s3, 2s1,  zsu-23-4, sa-8, bm-27, sa-6, and to an extent su-24, with what Russia had in stock these shouldn't be a problem "mig-25/35"? Since when did Syria have mig-35?  Although I am sure your going to tell me I am wrong.

To have units of them stored in the reserve means not to be unnecessary for Russia, for its own defense.

Originally you said supply hence my comment. As they have plenty in storage but restoring costs money. I suspect that after the war a initial donation from Russia to help stabilise the army then the Syrian government will have to drip feed it due to the massive job of rebuilding the country. Donations would consist of Brdm -2, MT-LB,  bmp-1 & 2, T-62, T-64, BM-21, 2S1, 2s3, 2s5  (surprisingly not seen yet) and various artillery and mortars and any Btr60 & 70 that they have left in storage. Small donations or small sales of T-72B3, BTR -82, MRAP typhoon family,  scorpion 4x4,  tigr,  volk,  Bpm-97,  bulat APC,  vodnik. And might even see bmp-3, bmpt,  and BTR -87. And I think air defence will see some newer equipment might end up seeing Sonsa R,  strelets, but ideally S-300. The airforce might eventually get Mig-29M2 and yak-130. But I doubt anything else maybe some mi-35 and mi-17. It will have to make do with its current airforce along with the mig-29M2 and yak-130 which will likely be armed.

Is not realistic to think that the movement to Syria of the weapons of the list that I posted and of other material you mentioned can follow the same path fo go to Syria, used with older/less capable weapons. Only symbolic amounts of the weapons listed can reach Syria unless a massive intervention of external powers, that would be followed that a massive intervention of Russia and other allies.

It is necessary to mix not. Not everything in storage is to scrap. Of the weapons and auxiliary vehicles you posted only the T-62 and the Vodnik have been in the list for aid to Russia until the exhaustion in Russia. Not the others you mentioned, and there is nothing surprising on it. Syria has not money for sales, I doubt Syria has money even to pay the ammunition that is being used. And Russia will not donate the armament necessary for the own defense (some symbolic amount can reach Syria, but not more).

When Russia, in the case of air defense, needed to send weapons above of what has been in the list to donate, Russia (and Syria) created a joint air defense command, that in fact is a Russian command in Syria with Russian weapons and with a number of Syrian soldiers. Also other modern weapons have been usde in Syria, but used by the own Russian military forces in their deployment.

Your point is not very understandable. I do not understand how you see everything stored available to be given to Syria, but you are opposed to the exhaustion in Russia of fairly less capable weapons like the (M)T-12 (next in line for aid to Syria at this point), that is a lot more dispensable for the Russian defense. Russia can not be keeping less modern and less capable material while moving to Syria more modern (as military concept) and capable material.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:52 am

eehnie wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

SA-22
    SS-C-5
    SS-26
    T-90
    TOS-1
    BM-30
    SA-19
    SA-11/17
    SA-10/12/20/23
    Project 1265
    Su-24
    2S1
    SA-8
    Project 1258
    SA-6
    MiG-29/35
    BM-27
    Project 266
    Su-17/20/22
    2S3
    T-72
    SS-C-1
    SS-21
    SS-C-3
    2S4
    MiG-23
    SS-1 Scud
    ZSU-23-4

Originally you said supply hence my comment. As they have plenty in storage but restoring costs money. I suspect that after the war a initial donation from Russia to help stabilise the army then the Syrian government will have to drip feed it due to the massive job of rebuilding the country. Donations would consist of Brdm -2, MT-LB,  bmp-1 & 2, T-62, T-64, BM-21, 2S1, 2s3, 2s5  (surprisingly not seen yet) and various artillery and mortars and any Btr60 & 70 that they have left in storage. Small donations or small sales of T-72B3, BTR -82, MRAP typhoon family,  scorpion 4x4,  tigr,  volk,  Bpm-97,  bulat APC,  vodnik. And might even see bmp-3, bmpt,  and BTR -87. And I think air defence will see some newer equipment might end up seeing Sonsa R,  strelets, but ideally S-300. The airforce might eventually get Mig-29M2 and yak-130. But I doubt anything else maybe some mi-35 and mi-17. It will have to make do with its current airforce along with the mig-29M2 and yak-130 which will likely be armed.

Is not realistic to think that the movement to Syria of the weapons of the list that I posted and of other material you mentioned can follow the same path fo go to Syria, used with older/less capable weapons. Only symbolic amounts of the weapons listed can reach Syria unless a massive intervention of external powers, that would be followed that a massive intervention of Russia and other allies.

It is necessary to mix not. Not everything in storage is to scrap. Of the weapons and auxiliary vehicles you posted only the T-62 and the Vodnik have been in the list for aid to Russia until the exhaustion in Russia. Not the others you mentioned, and there is nothing surprising on it. Syria has not money for sales, I doubt Syria has money even to pay the ammunition that is being used. And Russia will not donate the armament necessary for the own defense (some symbolic amount can reach Syria, but not more).

When Russia, in the case of air defense, needed to send weapons above of what has been in the list to donate, Russia (and Syria) created a joint air defense command, that in fact is a Russian command in Syria with Russian weapons and with a number of Syrian soldiers. Also other modern weapons have been usde in Syria, but used by the own Russian military forces in their deployment.

Your point is not very understandable. I do not understand how you see everything stored available to be given to Syria, but you are opposed to the exhaustion in Russia of fairly less capable weapons like the (M)T-12 (next in line for aid to Syria at this point), that is a lot more dispensable for the Russian defense. Russia can not be keeping less modern and less capable material while moving to Syria more modern (as military concept) and capable material.

Did I say send everything in storage is for scrapping NO. Did I say send everything intil it's exhausted NO.  Did i say in the other thread to keep the T-12 NO i didnt what i actutally said i dont see it being exhausted due the sheer number in storage and the year you expected it to be exhausted and there was no sign of replacement thats what i said. Eehnie you really have to start to read and not fabricate things in your head that is why you don't understand. And just because it's old and no longer of use to Russia doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be any good for Syria somethings I am sure Syria doesn't need or want. And anything being donated from Russia to Syria would be sent on the basis of need and to stabilise their forces not because of a symbolic nature. After the war there may still extremists in the country who will try to hamper rebuilding efforts and Russia will want to ensure that the SAA are equipped to deal with such threats and any future invention considering that it has assets there and protect the many Russians who will likely help with rebuilding Syria. And small sales will likely be done via credit agreement.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Must read analisis on AQ in Syria and end of jihadis in Idlib/Syria.

Al-Qaeda has been defeated in Bilad al-Sham and Hezbollah is the only consistent organisation left in the Middle East

“Joulani did it again…He is changing his rifle from one shoulder to the other…. He has become a gun for hire”. This is the language used by al-Qaeda militants in Syria, describing their previous Emir who pledged an oath to the leader of Al Qaeda Central, Ayman al-Zawaheri, a few years back. Today, Abu Mohammad al-Joulani, the leader of “Jabhat al-Nusra” (ex-Islamic State group turned into al-Qaeda), aka, Hayat Tahrir al-Sham”, is arresting Jihadist commanders and those known as the “old guard” who joined the Jihad in Syria a few years ago.

The wide arrest of jihadists forced Zawaheri to come out and make a declaration, accusing Joulani of abandoning the path of the Jihad and of repudiating his previous pledge of allegiance (Bay’a), whereas the al-Qaeda central Emir had saved Joulani from abu bakr al-Baghdadi’s (the ISIS leader) revenge.

The mere fact that Zawaheri issued his latest statement condemning Joulani’s activities confirms that the al-Qaeda Emir is in close contact with his followers on the ground and is well informed of the latest events. This gives the lie to the claim that no correspondence reaches Zawaheri until three months later, and that he is allegedly cut off from the latest developments.

Joulani has arrested high ranking commanders within al-Qaeda like the Jordanian Sami al-Aridi (ex-highest religious authority within Al-Nusra), Abu Julayleb al-Urduni (fought with Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in Iraq), Khelad al-Urduni, Abu al-Islam al-Diri, Abu Abdel Karim al-Khorasani, Abu Abdel Karim al-Masri and Abu Musab al-Libi (to name but a few). Joulani’s men also attempted (but failed) to arrest Abu al-Qassam al-Urduni (ex-vice of Zarqawi): he managed to escape.

Al-Qaeda and the mujahedeen in Syria rejected Joulani’s actions. Indeed ,the al-Qaeda “Special Forces” in the western sector, the Emir of al-Badiya in the northern sector Bilal al-San’aei (from Yemen) and other commanders in the military, administration and religious leadership of Joulani’s group contested the latest arrests. Moreover, the security and intelligence commander of Daraa (south of Syria), vice al-Mukhtar commander, the head of training and barracks Ab Muqdad al-Urduni: all issued communiqués condemning Joulani and requesting the immediate release of prisoners.

Most foreign fighters (Muhajereen) protested against the move of their leader and explained Joulani’s step as a logical but unwelcome attempt to distance himself from al-Qaeda, now that Jihadists, like ISIS, are no longer permitted to exist in Syria: it is time to end the war and start the political negotiation.

Joulani tried to absorb the shocked reaction of his own commanders by releasing Abu al-Saad al-Jazrawi (Saudi), sheikh Abdel Karim al-Masri (Egyptian) and Abu Moawiya al-Ansari. Nevertheless, the picture is very clear to jihadists: their leader is leaving al-Qaeda and putting an end to its influence.

Several commanders, such as Issam al-Tunisi (from Tunisia) tried to seek, with little success, reconciliation, and attempted to calm this storm ravaging jihadists in Syria. Issam al-Tunisi has asked, in his latest communiqué, for the release of all prisoners and that mediators be allowed to find a way out of this situation.

The principle of Bay’a is considered among jihadists as a religious and honourable “commitment before God” that should never be revoked. It is repeatedly quoted in the Muslim Holy book (al-Imran 76 & 77, al-Maida 1, al-Baqara 40 &177, al-Tawba 111, al-Raad 20 and 25, al-Fath 10).

However, it is not new for Joulani to revoke his Bay’a: he had pledged allegiance to ISIS in Iraq when he was sent to Syria in 2011 and revoked it to declare Bay’a to his new Emir Ayman al-Zawaheri. Today his latest Emir (and certainly not the least of them) seems to be Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the Turkish President, “new ruler in the north of Syria”.

What is pushing Joulani to put himself behind Turkey is nothing more than the de-escalation agreement between the Kremlin and Ankara, where Turkey is in charge of restoring control over Idlib to spare it from being stormed by the Syrian Army and its allies and to annex it to the Turkish influence area in Syria.

Joulani, a gun for hire and a survivor, rather than a faithful subject, calculated his risks and decided to change his clothes, taking off the al-Qaeda hat to keep well away from it- and become a “moderate”! But Joulani is creating many enemies around him, all in a small and confined area (Idlib): his physical presence (or absence) from the Syrian scene will make little difference, and his survival is very much in doubt .

Joulani’s betrayal of Baghdadi is a blessing for the entire Middle East. Had he accepted to join his forces with those of ISIS, jihadists would have occupied the entire Syrian territory, Lebanon, Jordan, Iran and reached the doors of Europe.

Instead he has decided to fight back to keep his position as an absolute group leader, rather than as a lieutenant fighting against ISIS, leaving behind thousands killed- and totally dispersing the formerly significant power of the jihadists. He has therefore attacked Syrian moderate groups and the ones trained and financed by the US, to end up fighting and splitting the strongest group in the north, Ahrar al-Sham.

Following this last clash with Ahrar, Joulani managed to divide Ahrar al-Sham into two groups. The first – along with the foreign fighters – adopted the Salafi Takfiri ideology and joined Joulani when he was the Emir of al-Qaeda group. The second group’s approach adopted a more pragmatic ideology (somewhere between the Salafists and the Muslim Brotherhood), declaring loyalty to Turkey. Ahrar counted before the split over 20,000 fighters. Today they are only a few thousand, controlling limited territories: Sahel al-Ghab, jabal al-zawiya, Ariha, rural Latakia and southern rural Aleppo.

Joulani bulldozered all Syrian groups so as to be able to finally sit on the throne of the “revolution”- even though he is far from being a revolutionary personality. In fact he is doing a remarkable job and is indeed a major contributor to breaking up the rump of jihadists in Bilad al-Sham (the Levant).

Background:

Joulani arrived in Syria with a group of “Islamic State in Iraq” (ISI) commanders and several scholars who were spreading Islamic teaching and manipulating the Syrian population to carry arms and lay claim to an Islamic Emirate or State. He led Jabhat al-Nusra, a branch of ISI (today known as ISIS) but was closely watched by the late ISIS spokesperson Abu Mohammad al-Adnani, who identified Joulani’s ambition and propensity to play solo.

When Baghdadi wanted to discipline his lieutenant abu Mohammad al-Joulani, he hid behind the skirts of Ayman al-zawaheri and pledged allegiance to his new leader, the AQ Central Emir Zawaheri.

This is where the AQC Emir made a huge mistake by protecting Joulani and creating a split between ISIS and al-Qaeda. Zawaheri found an opportunity to revive AQ that had been hit hard by the assassination of Usama Bin Laden. To control Bilad al-Sham is the dream of all jihadists, thereby somehow to resuscitate the ancient Islamic Caliphate.

Joulani indeed was the biggest threat to the Syrian government: his group reached Sahat al-Abbasiyyeen in the heart of Damascus in 2013, triggering the direct intervention of large numbers of the Lebanese Hezbollah.

Zawaheri and Baghdadi never stopped bickering and the split between the two groups was not simple: both groups killed each other’s members in battle in the Muslim World, and far beyond the Syrian borders. Zawaheri saw hope in his new protégé Joulani and called upon all Mujahedeen to join Syria and fight under Joulani’s command. It really felt like the beginning of the possibility to materialise a dream and create an Islamic Emirate.

But today Joulani betrayed his second Bay’a and threw al-Qaeda leaders and key figures into jail. Even those who were freed from Iran’s jails in exchange for Sheikh al-‘Ani (the exchange was organised by al-Qaeda in the Arabia Peninsula – AQAP – where Iranian diplomat was exchanged) ended up in Joulani’s prison in Idlib. To discredit these, Joulani’s followers are spreading false claims, calling those arrested “Iran’s sheikhs”.

Sayed Qutub was asked once: “Why does injustice prevail over justice”? He answered: “So that people can hear the thundering sound of injustice when it falls”. Al-Nusra, aka Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, spread injustice among Syrians in the name of al-Qaeda. They carried out assassinations, confiscation of properties, and indiscriminate arrests. The Syrians turned against al-Qaeda, they who excommunicated Muslims for raising the flag.

As in Egypt and in Afghanistan, the experience of al-Qaeda in Syria failed and lost the support of society. That support is an essential element of survival for any non-state actor. This is exactly what the Lebanese Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah warned jihadists about at the beginning of the armed unrest in Syria, when he said “the world is allowing your gathering in Syria to destroy you all and destroy Jihad, all for the benefit of the US and Israel”. Nasrallah had asked Jihadists to return to their jihad theatre, on the same path as Usama Bin laden.

There is no doubt that al-Qaeda in Syria is in agonising death throes and will never recover in the foresee able future. It reached its zenith in 2013-2015. Like the reaction against ISIS, the societies of the Levant and Mesopotamia will not allow these elements to return: the Takfiri have lost the war (not just the battle). The direct danger to Syria, Iraq and Jordan is over.

The only group that remains compact, united, and stronger than ever, after over six years of non-stop war is Hezbollah. The group has received more support in Iraq, Syria, and Palestine, than ever before. It has gathered more experience in warfare, earned more military bases, and generated the backing of a large part of the Syrian population. Indeed it is considerably more stable and more effectively organised than many of the states with which it is involved, or which it influences through its acquired proximity. This includes the Gulf states (whose support Hezbollah has lost), and others who aligned with the US and Israel, in 2006. After all, the losses, certainly in Hezbollah’s perspective, are not that great.

copy from Serbian forum
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:32 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

SA-22
    SS-C-5
    SS-26
    T-90
    TOS-1
    BM-30
    SA-19
    SA-11/17
    SA-10/12/20/23
    Project 1265
    Su-24
    2S1
    SA-8
    Project 1258
    SA-6
    MiG-29/35
    BM-27
    Project 266
    Su-17/20/22
    2S3
    T-72
    SS-C-1
    SS-21
    SS-C-3
    2S4
    MiG-23
    SS-1 Scud
    ZSU-23-4

Did I say send everything in storage is for scrapping NO. Did I say send everything intil it's exhausted NO.  Did i say in the other thread to keep the T-12 NO i didnt what i actutally said i dont see it being exhausted due the sheer number in storage and the year you expected it to be exhausted and there was no sign of replacement thats what i said. Eehnie you really have to start to read and not fabricate things in your head that is why you don't understand. And just because it's old and no longer of use to Russia doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be any good for Syria somethings I am sure Syria doesn't need or want. And anything being donated from Russia to Syria would be sent on the basis of need and to stabilise their forces not because of a symbolic nature. After the war there may still extremists in the country who will try to hamper rebuilding efforts and Russia will want to ensure that the SAA are equipped to deal with such threats and any future invention considering that it has assets there and protect the many Russians who will likely help with rebuilding Syria. And small sales will likely be done via credit agreement.

Did I say that you said this? NO. In the case of the (M)T-12 the alternatives were cited and you know it.

https://www.russiadefence.net/t7032p25-state-armament-program-2018-2025#206966
    https://www.russiadefence.net/t7032p25-state-armament-program-2018-2025#207065

Your argument about me is fatuous and fake.

I'm saying to you why you will not see what you expect. Between the stored material in Russia, the less modern, less powerful and less capable wil go to Syria first, because Russia needs the stored material for its own defense.

This only would change if there is a massive external intervention of the US/Israel/Turkey/Saudi Arabia/otherallies in Syria. And Russia would not answer to this only with material, would answer to this with its own armed forces.

Last edited by eehnie on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:22 pm

eehnie wrote:Your argument about me is fatous and fake.

mmmm fattoush

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 15 Fattoush-24960-1
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:39 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    eehnie wrote:Your argument about me is fatuous and fake.

mmmm fattoush

http://www.wordreference.com/engr/fatuous
    par far

Post  par far Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:55 pm

"On December 4, ISIS Hunters of the Russian-trained 5th Assault Corps of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) reported that their fighters have eliminated ISIS members allegedly involved in capturing and executing two Russian nationals in Syria."

https://southfront.org/russian-trained-5th-assault-corps-eliminated-isis-members-allegedly-involved-in-capturing-two-russian-nationals-graphic-photos/

KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 pm

eehnie wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    eehnie wrote:Your argument about me is fatuous and fake.

mmmm fattoush

http://www.wordreference.com/engr/fatuous

I know, but before you edited it, fattoush was literally the first thing that crossed my mind.
    My local Syrian restaurant makes killer kibbeh makliyeh and tabouleh. Fattoush too.

If there's one culture I respect in this neighborhood, it's gotta be the Syrians/Lebanese. Good food, good people to go out and have fun, great women (although very high maintenance). Pity that their countries are getting destroyed by some retarded misanthropes.
    Visc
    Visc

Post  Visc Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:52 pm

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 15 Esyria

Only ~13km left
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:15 pm

Bit more detail

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 15 DQOayQvXkAI9XKJ
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Another IAF strike tonight.

Liveuamap MiddleEast‏ @lummideast

Israel targeted Yafour, Deiraj and Jamariya military bases in Damascus. https://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2017/4-december-israel-targeted-yafour-deiraj-and-jamariya-military … via @leventkemaI

EDIT Map added

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 15 DQPFVW9W0AYlEUW

Last edited by JohninMK on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:46 pm

calm wrote:

dunno

More on this.

Hmeymim 2nd in command Col-Gen Levgini: We're considering setting up a joint ops room with the YPG and Arab tribes in al Salihiya near Al Bukamal.

Levgini: We coordinated with YPG to liberate east of Euphrates, will restore life ,stability to it

http://en.hawarnews.com/levgini-we-coordinated-with-ypg-to-liberate-east-of-euphrates-will-restore-life-stability-to-it/

NEWS DESK- Russian commands met on Monday with the General Command of the People Protection Units (YPG) in Deir-ez-Zor countryside, and confirmed that in coordination with YPG and the Arab tribes, they are completing the military operations to eliminate the remaining sites to IS gangs in the eastern countryside of Deir ez-Zor, and to form a consensus to restore life to the liberated areas.

An oral statement was delivered by the Russian Colonel General Levgini who is the deputy of the commander of the Russian base of Hamimim in Syria during the meeting held with the commands of YPG in al-Salihiya neighborhood which is it the first neighborhood of northern of Deir ez-Zor Represented by the spokesperson of YPG Nury Mahmoud, the spokesperson on behalf of al-Jazeera Tempest Lilwa al-Abdullah, and the co-chair of the Deir ez-Zor Civil Council Ghassan al-Youssef.

Levgini noted that under the command of joint operations and coordination by the Hamimim base of the Russian assembly in Syria, they are completing a an operation to destroy all IS mercenaries sites in the east of Deir ez–Zor, and the gathering of the Russian commando forces supported the national defense of the eastern tribes of the Euphrates River, and YPG to liberate all the eastern areas from IS.

Levigny stressed that during the operation of liberating the eastern countryside, the Russian warplane participated in carrying out 672 blows, and hit 1,450 site of IS mercenaries.

He pointed out that they would consider al-Salihiya village as a center of the Russian Joint operations room with YPG and the Arab tribes to complete liberating the rest of the north of the Euphrates River from IS.

He said “after liberating the entire of the eastern countryside of the Euphrates River and Deir-ez-Zor, life must be restored to this area, so a center for reconciliation has been opened whose task will be gathering of all the sheikhs, tribes, and components of the area east of the Euphrates. Now, several branches are working in al-Salihiya, Hajinm, and Debban villages to form a gathering and bring aids to the area.”

(T/S)
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 pm

JohninMK wrote:Another IAF strike tonight.

Liveuamap MiddleEast‏ @lummideast

Israel targeted Yafour, Deiraj and Jamariya military bases in Damascus. https://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2017/4-december-israel-targeted-yafour-deiraj-and-jamariya-military … via @leventkemaI

And this today also

Unidentified warplanes conducted airstrikes on the #Syrian Government positions in Radar brigade located in Dumair Airbase.Most likely Israeli who hit this place in October once

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 15 DQNLsP-WAAEPeTVSyrian War: News #16 - Page 15 DQNMEX3XcAAiP4I
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:57 pm

calm wrote:
    calm wrote:

dunno

More on this.

Hmeymim 2nd in command Col-Gen Levgini: We're considering setting up a joint ops room with the YPG and Arab tribes in al Salihiya near Al Bukamal.

Levgini: We coordinated with YPG to liberate east of Euphrates, will restore life ,stability to it

(T/S)
    [/quote]

Shouldn't this be in the Russia support thread? That's where I put it.

Very puzzled by the comment "Colonel General Levgini who is the deputy of the commander of the Russian base of Hamimim". A 4* as a deputy commander of an airbase, what would the commander be? Interesting base name as well.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:18 am

calm wrote:
    calm wrote:

dunno

More on this.

http://en.hawarnews.com/levgini-we-coordinated-with-ypg-to-liberate-east-of-euphrates-will-restore-life-stability-to-it/

NEWS DESK- Russian commands met on Monday with the General Command of the People Protection Units (YPG) in Deir-ez-Zor countryside, and confirmed that in coordination with YPG and the Arab tribes, they are completing the military operations to eliminate the remaining sites to IS gangs in the eastern countryside of Deir ez-Zor, and to form a consensus to restore life to the liberated areas.

An oral statement was delivered by the Russian Colonel General Levgini who is the deputy of the commander of the Russian base of Hamimim in Syria during the meeting held with the commands of YPG in al-Salihiya neighborhood which is it the first neighborhood of northern of Deir ez-Zor Represented by the spokesperson of YPG Nury Mahmoud, the spokesperson on behalf of al-Jazeera Tempest Lilwa al-Abdullah, and the co-chair of the Deir ez-Zor Civil Council Ghassan al-Youssef.

Levgini noted that under the command of joint operations and coordination by the Hamimim base of the Russian assembly in Syria, they are completing a an operation to destroy all IS mercenaries sites in the east of Deir ez–Zor, and the gathering of the Russian commando forces supported the national defense of the eastern tribes of the Euphrates River, and YPG to liberate all the eastern areas from IS.

Levigny stressed that during the operation of liberating the eastern countryside, the Russian warplane participated in carrying out 672 blows, and hit 1,450 site of IS mercenaries.

He pointed out that they would consider al-Salihiya village as a center of the Russian Joint operations room with YPG and the Arab tribes to complete liberating the rest of the north of the Euphrates River from IS.

He said “after liberating the entire of the eastern countryside of the Euphrates River and Deir-ez-Zor, life must be restored to this area, so a center for reconciliation has been opened whose task will be gathering of all the sheikhs, tribes, and components of the area east of the Euphrates. Now, several branches are working in al-Salihiya, Hajinm, and Debban villages to form a gathering and bring aids to the area.”

(T/S)

The anti-Kurd narrative is not right.
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:27 am

And this today also

Unidentified warplanes conducted airstrikes on the #Syrian Government positions in Radar brigade located in Dumair Airbase.Most likely Israeli who hit this place in October once

Striking at will and at ease...

par far

Post  par far Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 am

crod wrote:
    And this today also

Striking at will and at ease...

The Jews are just upset that they terrorists are being killed.

This is just great, how the hunters, have become the hunted. These asshole Kurds have been dropped by the US and are now seeking Russia's support(which they got), had they not gotten Russia's support, they would have been thrown to the wolves.

"Russia supporting & coordinating Syrian Kurdish-led anti-ISIS battle east of Euphrates – MoD."

https://www.rt.com/news/411945-syria-kurds-russian-support/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:54 pm

More stripping bare of the US/Kurds/ISIS interactions. Basically what we thought was happening was indeed happening but on a bigger scale.

https://southfront.org/third-part-interview-former-sdf-spokesman-talal-silo/#sthash.tO7L8W96.uxfs
    starman
    starman

Post  starman Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:18 pm

par far wrote:
    The Jews are just upset that they terrorists are being killed.

Realizing the civil war is almost wrapped up, they want to do as much damage as possible before attention turns to them.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 pm

Here is a good one for you folks, enjoy the logic. Love it how their "to defend our allies and partners" excludes the country that they have invaded.

Washington (AFP) - The US military plans to stay in Syria as long as necessary to ensure the Islamic State group does not return, a Pentagon official told AFP on Tuesday.

"We are going to maintain our commitment on the ground as long as we need to, to support our partners and prevent the return of terrorist groups," Pentagon spokesman Eric Pahon said.

The United States currently has approximately 2,000 troops on the ground in Syria, where they have been helping train and advise partner forces in the fight against IS. Now that the jihadists have been cleared from all but a few pockets of territory, the United States has been assessing what its presence will be going forward in the civil-war-torn nation.

Pahon said its troop commitment in Syria would be "conditions-based," meaning that no timeline will determine if and when the US will pull out. "To ensure an enduring defeat of ISIS, the coalition must ensure it cannot regenerate, reclaim lost ground, or plot external attacks," he said. "This is essential to the protection of our homeland as well as to defend our allies and partners.... The United States will sustain a 'conditions-based' military presence in Syria to combat the threat of a terrorist-led insurgency, prevent the resurgence of ISIS, and to stabilize liberated areas."

The announcement is likely to rile Russia, which since late 2015 has conducted a separate military campaign to prop up the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-military-stay-syria-long-pentagon-183247321.html
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:25 pm

JohninMK wrote:.................

The announcement is likely to rile Russia, which since late 2015 has conducted a separate military campaign to prop up the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.[/i]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-military-stay-syria-long-pentagon-183247321.html

Don't think they give too many figs about it, they have the coastline well and good.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:43 pm