Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian War: News #16

    Share
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:12 pm

    Hassan Ridha‏ @sayed_ridha 3h3 hours ago
    Replying to @sayed_ridha

    Iraqi Forces storm al-Qa'im center from several axis & have captured the bordercrossing with Syria, clashes in Gaza & al-Karablah districts

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:16 pm

    Good image of all SAA Deir

    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1482
    Points : 1484
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  calm on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:00 pm

    What?

    Due to intense fighting in Hader, Syria, shots were fired at Israel. Israeli civilian injured. The IDF is following developments in the area
    https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/status/926405131041693696

    #Israel army expressed readiness to support #Hader & prevent #Syria rebels to harm/occupy village in "our commitment towards the Druze sect”
    https://twitter.com/SaadAbedine/status/926398449276264448

    Israeli military: We are prepared to intervene in Khadr out of responsibility to the Druze population
    This follows a Chief of Staff briefing

    https://twitter.com/DannyNis/status/926397383998607360

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:23 pm

    Morant Mathieu‏ @MathieuMorant 3h3 hours ago

    SAA OTR-21 Tochka / SS-21 Scarab near Deir ez-Zor (Jafar Muhana / Al Manar).


    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:52 pm

    Also seen one unconfirmed tweet that claims that an SAA unit has crossed over into Syria at this point.

    Al Qain town also now captured.

    Lucifuge Rofocale‏ @rofoca_lucifuge 2h2 hours ago

    The Iraqi army capture al Qaim border crossing with Syria, this is the most important crossing between Syria and Iraq



    EDIT

    Found another tweet asserting the same

    Qalaat Al Mudiq‏ @QalaatAlMudiq 1h1 hour ago
    Replying to @QalaatAlMudiq

    SE. #Syria: reports Iraqi forces (Army & #PMU) crossed Syrian-Iraqi border after takeover of Al-Qaim & clashed w/ #ISIS 3 km S. of #AbuKemal




    Last edited by JohninMK on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Second item added)
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:56 pm

    It certainly looks like they are certainly softening up this place more thoroughly than anywhere else before an attack.

    Lucifuge Rofocale‏ @rofoca_lucifuge 2h2 hours ago

    #ISIS bitches squealing: #RuAF Tu-22 bombers, Kolpino submarine and OTR-21 Tochka delivered massive missile strike on Daesh targets near Syria’s AbuKemal.


    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2349
    Points : 2506
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Cyberspec on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:35 am

    JohninMK wrote:SE. #Syria: reports Iraqi forces (Army & #PMU) crossed Syrian-Iraqi border after takeover of Al-Qaim & clashed w/ #ISIS 3 km S. of #AbuKemal[/i]

    Pretty much game over if confirmed
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2349
    Points : 2506
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Cyberspec on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:50 am

    Cyberspec wrote:Pretty much game over if confirmed

    As if to reiterate my point, the latest news...

    Syrian Army Preapres To Attack ISIS-held City Of Al-Bukamal From Inside Iraqi Territory (Map, Photos, Video)
    https://southfront.org/syrian-army-preapres-to-attack-isis-held-city-of-al-bukamal-from-inside-iraqi-territory-map-photos-video/
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:09 pm

    It just doesn't make any sense at all for the Iraqis to allow ISIS to escape over the border to live to fight another day. I suspect that from now on any ISIS units that do flee or those that are already over the border will be attacked and in all probability killed. We are not seeing many ISIS operatives wounded or PoW, no point in letting them live or merge into the SDF.

    Given the Iraq/Syria/Iran/Russia co-ordination centre in Baghdad this will be a fully planned operation. Almost a case of those nearest to the target attack it regardless of which country it is in it is in and who they are. The only party seemingly out of the command and control loop, but still active in their own interests, is the US.

    The days of ISIS really do look to be numbered.
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1482
    Points : 1484
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  calm on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:32 pm

    Iraqi Forces reportedly entered Syria and captured Al-Hiri / Huwayjat Baghuz from Islamic State

    With SAA/hezbollah

    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2349
    Points : 2506
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:34 am

    A lot of the IS rats are trying to flee to Turkey and Jordan via SDF/FSA territory...presumambly to fight another day whether in Syria/Iraq or possibly further afield

    On November 4, the Abkhazian Network News Agency (ANNA) reported that ISIS fighters who were trapped in Kati’ Island north of Deir Ezzor city are trying to escape through an area controlled by the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) or in boats through Euphrates river.

    Meanwhile, Syrian local sources from al-Bukamal city reported that the ISIS command in the city collapsed. According to the sources, ISIS fighters, mainly foreign fighters, are now looting everything they can get their hands on in the city.

    More here
    Reports: ISIS Commanders Are On Run After Terrorist Group Collapse In Deir Ezzor And Al-Qaim
    https://southfront.org/reports-isis-commanders-are-on-run-after-terrorist-group-collapse-in-deir-ezzor-and-al-qaim/

    ....

    Tigers and Hezbolah on their way to Al-Bukamal

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:58 pm

    Now embedded in this link is what you call a proper Grad, looks like 5 launchers, salvo Smile

    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/927053949546491904
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2526
    Points : 2524
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:07 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Now embedded in this link is what you call a proper Grad, looks like 5 launchers, salvo Smile

    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/927053949546491904

    #makeSAAanArmyagain
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3082
    Points : 3114
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  franco on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:09 pm

    According to this map the SAA and allied forces advancing south from T2 have reached the Iraqi border and have turned towards Al Bukamal.

    http://iswnews.com/media/2017/11/AlQaim-AlBukamal-last-situ5nov17.jpg
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2526
    Points : 2524
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:24 pm

    franco wrote:According to this map the SAA and allied forces advancing south from T2 have reached the Iraqi border and have turned towards Al Bukamal.

    http://iswnews.com/media/2017/11/AlQaim-AlBukamal-last-situ5nov17.jpg

    And with that IS is done West of the river. Winter is here to stay till February and they will run out of juice.

    On the East they simply gave up to SDF and are leaving the country. Why SDF allows and facilitates this IS withdrawal is a different discussion. One that in my view warrants SAA to directly assault, attack and eliminate SDF. As it has shown to be a worthless, useless and dangerous actor in the fight against radical islamists. Sure Kobani was worth in supporting the Kurds, but all that support brought what exactly? SDF taking over all the oil East of the river, accepting IS switching sides and joining their ranks. Occupying a huge, oil-rich, non-Kurdish, Syrian area where they have no business having a presence (much like the Kirkuk situation in Iraq).

    Damascus better prepare to invade SDF all the way to Hasakeh and Qamisli. They Kurds idiotically overplayed their hand and danced with the devil (IS).
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:14 pm

    The SDF still rolling south.

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:17 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    franco wrote:According to this map the SAA and allied forces advancing south from T2 have reached the Iraqi border and have turned towards Al Bukamal.

    http://iswnews.com/media/2017/11/AlQaim-AlBukamal-last-situ5nov17.jpg

    And with that IS is done West of the river. Winter is here to stay till February and they will run out of juice.

    On the East they simply gave up to SDF and are leaving the country. Why SDF allows and facilitates this IS withdrawal is a different discussion. One that in my view warrants SAA to directly assault, attack and eliminate SDF. As it has shown to be a worthless, useless and dangerous actor in the fight against radical islamists. Sure Kobani was worth in supporting the Kurds, but all that support brought what exactly? SDF taking over all the oil East of the river, accepting IS switching sides and joining their ranks. Occupying a huge, oil-rich, non-Kurdish, Syrian area where they have no business having a presence (much like the Kirkuk situation in Iraq).

    Damascus better prepare to invade SDF all the way to Hasakeh and Qamisli. They Kurds idiotically overplayed their hand and danced with the devil (IS).
    They are just obeying the orders of their masters.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:08 pm

    US digging in, literally. Couple more pictures at link

    Samir‏ @obretix 6h6 hours ago
    Replying to @obretix

    #PT satellite image of US military air base in Al-Hasakah province, NE Syria (21 Oct 2017)




    https://twitter.com/obretix/status/927126732397834240
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2526
    Points : 2524
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:25 pm

    JohninMK wrote:US digging in, literally. Couple more pictures at link

    Samir‏ @obretix 6h6 hours ago
    Replying to @obretix

    #PT satellite image of US military air base in Al-Hasakah province, NE Syria (21 Oct 2017)




    https://twitter.com/obretix/status/927126732397834240

    Moscow and Damascus better sort out this mess and reach a deal with the Americans.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2848
    Points : 2830
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  miketheterrible on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:35 pm

    Or encircle them and then demand them to leave or move in for arrest.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2526
    Points : 2524
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:17 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:Or encircle them and then demand them to leave or move in for arrest.

    You very well know that's a fantasy. Damascus' best option is clear IS West of the river, eliminate the Damascus/Ghouta and Golan pockets and only thren consider their options in terms of crossing the river and linkup with Hassakeh and Qamisli.

    If they endanger US servicemen they can expect all of SyAAF airbases razed to the ground, just as a starter.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2848
    Points : 2830
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  miketheterrible on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:56 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Or encircle them and then demand them to leave or move in for arrest.

    You very well know that's a fantasy. Damascus' best option is clear IS West of the river, eliminate the Damascus/Ghouta and Golan pockets and only thren consider their options in terms of crossing the river and linkup with Hassakeh and Qamisli.

    If they endanger US servicemen they can expect all of SyAAF airbases razed to the ground, just as a starter.

    at the risk of losing their own men. Didn't stop Vietnam or Syria or Egypt back in the 70's and 80's from hitting US targets.

    They are also there illegally, so they can't cry about it either. Blocking them entirely and forcing them out isn't a fantasy when it has been done to them multiple times in recent history.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2526
    Points : 2524
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:00 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:They are also there illegally, so they can't cry about it either.  Blocking them entirely and forcing them out isn't a fantasy when it has been done to them multiple times in recent history.

    Israel is also occupying Golan but Syria has bigger problems to solve, like those huge pockets of salafi insurgents right next/inside their own capital. I don't agree that the small US contingent in Syria warrants a response by Damascus at this stage.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2848
    Points : 2830
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  miketheterrible on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:They are also there illegally, so they can't cry about it either.  Blocking them entirely and forcing them out isn't a fantasy when it has been done to them multiple times in recent history.

    Israel is also occupying Golan but Syria has bigger problems to solve, like those huge pockets of salafi insurgents right next/inside their own capital. I don't agree that the small US contingent in Syria warrants a response by Damascus at this stage.

    I guess 1 thing at a time.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3753
    Points : 3852
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  kvs on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:26 pm

    JohninMK wrote:The SDF still rolling south.


    Proves that there is no Daesh zone to the east of the Euphrates. The SDF can move without resistance.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:19 pm