Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+49
Regular
Isos
Godric
Odin of Ossetia
The Ottoman
Arctic_Fox
Azi
0nillie0
auslander
Vann7
Kimppis
Hannibal Barca
zorobabel
Karl Haushofer
archangelski
AlfaT8
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
Tingsay
crod
ATLASCUB
nomadski
starman
kvs
KiloGolf
KoTeMoRe
GarryB
yavar
lycantrop
BKP
eehnie
George1
franco
miketheterrible
d_taddei2
Cyberspec
calm
PapaDragon
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
medo
Visc
OminousSpudd
KomissarBojanchev
Benya
par far
Airman
Walther von Oldenburg
ultimatewarrior
53 posters

Syrian War: News #16

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Syrian War: News #16 Empty Syrian War: News #16

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:04 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:What makes the T2 station so difficult to capture? It seems strange that ISIS has placed impenetrable fortifications in T2 while neglecting Al mayadin.

It's less about the T2 and more about keeping the SAA from gaining control over more of the boarder
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Syrian War: News #16 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:24 am

Oh yeah... SAA cross at Mayadin and are moving towards the Omar oil fields...

Eat that, SDF whores n thieves.

Syrian War: News #16 DMZ6dtYWkAAKwrW
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:Oh yeah...  SAA cross at Mayadin and are moving towards the Omar oil fields...

Eat that, SDF whores n thieves.
    Looking at that map it looks as if the SDF have made no move in the Jaffra area for quite a while now. My guess would be that there is a deal that they don't cross that river that's a tributary to the Euphrates. Such a deal would certainly make negotiations easier in the future.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:01 pm

Terrible news...  Major General Issam Zahreddine has apparently been killed by an IS land mine.....  No   This makes me physically sick.  This guy was an undeniable HERO.

Syrian War: News #16 1-280

https://southfront.org/brig-gen-issam-zahreddine-hero-deir-ezzor-siege-killed-clashes-isis-unconfirmed/

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201710181058339335-syrian-army-general-killed/

Dirty fucking Daesh bastards.  Kill every last one of these goat fuckers... along with their wives and whelps.  Kill their CIA handlers as well.
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

Post  ultimatewarrior Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Russia s not as involved in the war in Syria as America is. America supplied loads of MRAPs to SDF. Russia didn't supply any MRAP to SAA. A top general should be in a MRAP. Shame.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Surviving 6 years of total war just to die cuz of a f*cking mine. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, a life well lived and a career well served. He should get a monument in Damascus.
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:10 pm

He was a great soldier. Rest in peace.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:Terrible news...  Major General Issam Zahreddine has apparently been killed by an IS land mine.....  No   This makes me physically sick.  This guy was an undeniable HERO.

Syrian War: News #16 1-280

https://southfront.org/brig-gen-issam-zahreddine-hero-deir-ezzor-siege-killed-clashes-isis-unconfirmed/

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201710181058339335-syrian-army-general-killed/

Dirty fucking Daesh bastards.  Kill every last one of these goat fuckers... along with their wives and whelps.  Kill their CIA handlers as well.

Terrible news, RIP Major Issam Zahreddine. A true warrior, he could have just stayed away from the front lines.

I really hope the front in Eastern Syria does not break down because Major Issam Zahreddine was the glue holding it down. The message he sent to the Kurds was legendary, it is time for a new leader to step up.
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Sad news indeed, hope that he will have a worthy successor

General Zahreddine’s body arrives in Damascus

Syrian War: News #16 DMbCU1_UQAA6Gmv

BEIRUT, LEBANON (4:50 P.M.) – The body of the late Major General Zahreddine has arrived in Damascus after being flown from the Deir Ezzor Governorate in eastern Syria.

While full details about his funeral have not been released, it is believed that his body will be transported to his ancestral village of Tarba in the Al-Sweida Governorate.

Major General Zahreddine was killed earlier today while conducting a special operation at Saqr Island in the Deir Ezzor Governorate.

The general’s convoy struck a land mind during the mission, resulting in his death at the age of 56.

Syrian War: News #16 DMbCU1cV4AEOEU0

Syrian War: News #16 DMbDwukVoAEUmvU

The photos above are from the Damascus International Airport.

Arrow https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/general-zahreddines-body-arrives-damascus/
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:28 pm

By a mine? pssh some mine clearing unit fucked up majorly right here. Guy should not have been killed by a mine you sweep areas before you allow the command staff to go into it to avoid this crap. Let alone over such an Important General someone majorly fucked up here.

We heard ISIS got him with a mortar.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Maybe there are ISIS sympathizers in the SAA that planted the mines so the general could randomly step on one.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:34 pm

He survived worst days of siege. He was surrounded by loyal soldiers.

He died on frontline.
    Syrian War: News #16 DIVWP2n

His son, defended the city with him all this years.

Zahreddine s are not done
    Syrian War: News #16 DMbxo0TW4AAu-nM
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:21 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    We heard ISIS got him with a mortar.
    Wow really? Amazing, tell us more about your special insider info. Still waiting for you to prove that you are anything more than a twitter-junkie posing as someone in military service.
    Visc
    Visc

Post  Visc Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:56 pm

I highly doubt it was just a lousy demining job or a random mine. Top generals usually don't get killed by "random" mines.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:00 pm

But, but I thought that they said that they had captured Raqqa. SDF still dying there no doubt. Official tweet

OIR Spokesman‏Verified account @OIRSpox

#SDF now control 95% of #Raqqa; Soccer stadium, former Nat'l Hospital complex, Naim Circle; clearance ops cont. in last blocks. #defeatDaesh
    11:27 PM - 17 Oct 2017
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Visc wrote:I highly doubt it was just a lousy demining job or a random mine. Top generals usually don't get killed by "random" mines.

Agreed.

Landmine would not kill him, those things are designed to mutilate not kill instantly.

If it were landmine someone would have wrapped a tourniquet since he was certainly not alone there. He would have lost a leg below the knee but would be alive.

My guess it's either shell or IED.

JohninMK wrote:But, but I thought that they said that they had captured Raqqa. SDF still dying there no doubt. Official tweet

OIR Spokesman‏Verified account @OIRSpox

#SDF now control 95% of #Raqqa; Soccer stadium, former Nat'l Hospital complex, Naim Circle; clearance ops cont. in last blocks. #defeatDaesh
    11:27 PM - 17 Oct 2017

I wouldn't sweat too much over it, this will last for days, stuff like this always does...
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Kurds trying to get the US and Saudi to clear the damage that the Coalition aircraft and artillery did to Raqqa. The SDF having had an effective 100mm limit placed on the weapons supplied by the US.

????aad
    ????lenezi EN‏ @QAlenezy_En

Picture of the American envoy Brett McGurk @brett_mcgurk with the #Saudi Minister Thamer Alsabhan @thamersas north of #Raqqa City.
    #Syria
    4:14 PM - 17 Oct 2017

The photo was taken during a visit to the drinking station of the village AlZahra north of #Raqqa 40 km. (EDIT PHOTO AT LINK)

@SourrNews

McGurk and Thamer AlSabhan met with the Civil Raqqa Council and a number of tribal sheikhs to study the reconstruction of the city of #Raqqa

The Civil Raqqa Council suggested that the mines be removed from the city of #Raqqa and the rubble removed.

https://twitter.com/QAlenezy_En/status/920427803668910081
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:19 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

I wouldn't sweat too much over it, this will last for days, stuff like this always does...

No sweat here. Going to be interesting now where all the various outside SF units now move to given that Raqqa is nearly over. Without large well defended cities the contested areas shrink quite quickly.

Maybe time to head home? Or will they head south to tackle remaining ISIS units in Syria or Iraq? I'm sure they won't want to go head to head with the SAA and their Russian buddies.
    Visc
    Visc

Post  Visc Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:22 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Landmine would not kill him, those things are designed to mutilate not kill instantly.

If it were landmine someone would have wrapped a tourniquet since he was certainly not alone there. He would have lost a leg below the knee but would be alive.

Unless it was anti-vehicle/tank mine which could be possible since, as I've understood, they've been traveling in a convoy (possibly in a lightly armored vehicle) when they hit the mine
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:20 pm

Visc wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Unless it was anti-vehicle/tank mine which could be possible since, as I've understood, they've been traveling in a convoy (possibly in a lightly armored vehicle) when they hit the mine

They said he stepped on a landmine but if he was in a vehicle then it's a different story
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Syrian War: News #16 Dmwul310

Syrian army in Serbian style.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 am

medo wrote:Syrian War: News #16 Dmwul310

Syrian army in Serbian style.

Great stuff, but don't expect the Zionistanis or their Murican servants admitting their all-singing all-dancing wonder machine (aka Lockheed Martins license to print fiat dollars) was damaged by a late-60s-era Ruskie SAM. Poor little fragile souls... the pain they must be feeling. Twisted Evil
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:16 pm

You talking about the F-35 in Isreal didn't they said a bird ran into it and birds have knocked out planes before now I am not saying it's a true or false statement.

No one ever said "Yeah a Syrian S-200 acquired and targetted a F-35"

Well no one the Isreal/US side anyway
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:18 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Visc wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

They said he stepped on a landmine but if he was in a vehicle then it's a different story

That general traveled in a Russian Mine resistant truck, there is no flipping way a mine killed the guy.

He was well protected when on the move in contested areas. I frankly don't know what happened but the mine story is a bunch of BS now they could have gotten him with a large enough buried explosive...however that would require knowing the time and route he was taking.

so unless the SAA has a big goddam traitor problem going on I doubt that happened also.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Visc wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

That general traveled in a Russian Mine resistant truck, there is no flipping way a mine killed the guy.

He was well protected when on the move in contested areas. I frankly don't know what happened but the mine story is a bunch of BS now they could have gotten him with a large enough buried explosive...however that would require knowing the time and route he was taking.

so unless the SAA has a big goddam traitor problem going on I doubt that happened also.

Actually traitor theory is pretty damn possible in my book

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:48 am