Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Other elite units of Russian Army

Regular
    Regular

Other elite units of Russian Army Empty Re: Other elite units of Russian Army

Post  Regular on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:01 am

Too much western equipment for my taste, let's put this in that way. They should be banned by MOD to buy them at all. Especially when Russian companies make superior products. EOTech is completely shit sight especially mounted on AK-74, instead they should stick to Russian collimators and support local manufacturers, not to mention sad state that Russian optic industry went through. Can anyone explain me what's wrong with numerous indigenous helmets Russia already has, digital camo? Why should they make logistical nightmare instead of utilising what is already there. Really is there any logic in using those fancy sights in mountains? It won't make Your AK-74 a sniper rifle and snow and freezing temperatures will kill batteries in no time.

34 mountain brigade.
    No bullshit imported equipment, just Chechen war experience under their belts.

Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:55 am

A lot of their AKs have high-end Russian aftermarket parts. I've seen a few Spetsnaz guys whose furniture is worth more than the rifles themselves.

Regarding digital camo, it is effective. I've got a Russian made SURPAT uniform from SRVV that I use on the range  and it's better built than any uniform I can find in the States. That says a lot about Russian manufacturing. None of these guys should have trouble finding good Russian made equipment.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:39 pm

Regular wrote:
    34 mountain brigade.

I'm aware of the 34th Mountain Brigade and it seems to be a fine unit, but they have different role compared to the SSO. Meaning the equipment will vary to a degree.
    SWAT Pointman

Post  SWAT Pointman on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:08 pm

Regular wrote:Too much western equipment for my taste, let's put this in that way. They should be banned by MOD to buy them at all. Especially when Russian companies make superior products. EOTech is completely shit sight especially mounted on AK-74, instead they should stick to Russian collimators and support local manufacturers, not to mention sad state that Russian optic industry went through. Can anyone explain me what's wrong with numerous indigenous helmets Russia already has, digital camo? Why should they make logistical nightmare instead of utilising what is already there. Really is there any logic in using those fancy sights in mountains? It won't make Your AK-74 a sniper rifle and snow and freezing temperatures will kill batteries in no time.

34 mountain brigade.

I wonder why they're using western equipment when they're very capable of making equipment that is equal to or superior to western equipment? I'm going to guess the Russian companies maybe weren't as capable as supplying the equipment they needed so they turned to buying western designs? The EO Tech is regarded as a very good sight. It is more difficult to shoot accurately with though on an AK-74 as it's mounted very high. The EO Tech was intended more for rifles with a high plane of sight like the M4. I suppose a cheek riser on the AK-74 largely solves this problem though.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:04 am

I'm going to guess the Russian companies maybe weren't as capable as supplying the equipment they needed so they turned to buying western designs?

Or the Russian weapon sight makers didn't want to get sued or lose access to western markets by directly copying the design and need some time to come out with their own "versions" of the sights.

The only EO tech sights I have seen in shops here are very expensive.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:48 am

Does anyone have info on specific mountain warfare units of Russian army and VDV?
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Other elite units of Russian Army Empty specific mountain warfare units

Post  Cyberspec on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:32 pm

George1 wrote:Does anyone have info on specific mountain warfare units of Russian army and VDV?

The 34th Motorised (Mountain) Brigade

"two tower" had a feature on them back in 2011

http://twower.livejournal.com/513546.html

http://twower.livejournal.com/510949.html

http://twower.livejournal.com/511859.html

Next year the 55th Brigade is being established which will be a sister unit of the 34th Brigade.

There's also a mountain warfare training center in the Caucasus where various units (usually scout type units) undertake mountain warfare courses
    George1
    George1

Other elite units of Russian Army Empty Other elite units of Russian Army

Post  George1 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:51 am

Special distinctions for mountain professionals established in the Russian army

Подробнее на ТАСС:
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/2610892&usg=ALkJrhh087nwfiIb2ig_mwQUUBiT3jOUHg
    franco
    franco

Other elite units of Russian Army Empty mountain brigade

Post  franco on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:25 am

Newly formed 55th Mountain Brigade participating in the SCO Peace Mission 2016 in Kyrgyzstan. Photos and videos;

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2142364.html
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:46 am

Voennaa Razvedka (Razvedchiki Scouts)

Some info on these units: "Military intelligence" personnel/units within larger formations in ground troops, airborne troops and marines. Intelligence battalion in the division, reconnaissance company in the brigade, a reconnaissance platoon in the regiment. The level of training is the same as Spetsnaz GRU but not controlled by the GRU.

Other elite units of Russian Army 22519620_910068909146799_729348057672167342_n

Other elite units of Russian Army 22448657_910069785813378_7270881057749874070_n

Mascot: bat.
    Other elite units of Russian Army 16387900_764584110361947_6973900681758813406_n

Reconnaissance Large units and military Units

The Reconnaissance Formations and military Units are often put into the Special Forces of the Land Force and designed to perform a wide range of tasks in order to provide commanders, staffs and headquarters with information about the enemy, terrain and weather condition for making the most rational decisions on operation (battle) and preventing surprises of the enemy’s actions.

In the interests of the Land Force reconnaissance is carried out by organic reconnaissance subunits of combined-arms formations (motorised rifle and tank brigades), formations and units of special purpose, radio and electronic reconnaissance of army and military district sets, as well as reconnaissance units and subdivisions of the Arms and Special Forces of the Land Force.

In preparation and during conducting of combined-arms operations (combat actions) they perform the following tasks:

• disclosure of the enemy’s intention, its immediate preparations for aggression, and its surprise attack prevention;
    • identifying the troops (forces) of the enemy and its control system’s combat structure, position, grouping, status and capabilities;
    • disclosure of the objects (targets) for defeating and determination of their location (coordinates);
    • disclosure of the elements of the war theatre’s operational equipment, the terrains’ engineering equipment and the system of barriers;
    • determination of the degree of terrain’s passability, the state of communications, the nature of water barriers, the boundaries and the dimensions of areas of destruction, fires and floods, contamination areas, possible ways of overcoming them and turning movement around them;
    • identifying the enemy’s new weapons and methods of warfare, as well as its activities to ensure full operation (battle);
    • determination of the morale of the enemy’s troops and the local population, the economic status of the operation’s area, etc.

Reconnaissance Formations and Units extract the necessary information about the enemy by the following main ways:

• surveillance (tracking) and eavesdropping;
    • photographing (ground or air);
    • interception, technical analysis of radiation of electronic means and determination of objects’ coordinates;
    • conducting searches, raids, ambushes, reconnaissance in force;
    • survey of local residents, interrogation of prisoners and defectors;
    • studying the enemy’s documents, equipment and weapons captured.

Further improvement of capabilities of the Reconnaissance Formations and Units is made by improving their organizational structure, equipping them with highly technical means of reconnaissance, including based on new physical principles, tactical systems of reconnaissance based on unmanned aerial vehicles, as well as with automation of data collection, processing of reconnaissance data and informing commanders and staffs about them in real time.

http://eng.mil.ru/en/structure/forces/ground/structure/reconnaissance.htm
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 on Mon May 28, 2018 2:48 am

Russian Assault Engineers. Mountain training at Caucasus Mountains.

Other elite units of Russian Army 33186878_1032609496892739_1049800082859229184_n

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:04 am