Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

JohninMK

Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

Post  JohninMK on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:23 pm

auslander wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    auslander wrote:What it says is our generals lead from the front. Dangerous for sure but at the front they are acutely aware of the situation of the moment and can react instantly. Be nice if they named the two 06's who died with him and mentioned the wounded.
    What is an 06?

Hope all is well with you.

EDIT

OK got it, Full Colonels

US slang is 'Bull Colonel' or 'Bird Colonel'. Here, it's roughly translated as Full Colonel or Half Colonel. You got it right, Full Colonel.

We are fine. My blue girl Sophia had a gentleman suitor from Rostov na Danu here for the late summer and she seems to be with child. We'll know this week, ultrasound. If she throws a good blue boy or girl we'll keep the child, all the rest will be sold. Since Deesik has a wandering eye it's possible Sophia's companion Ye'katarina is also expectant. She and Deesik are both black so the children will be black with about a 2% chance of a blue.

All is well with you?
    Thanks, my father and brother were Half Colonels (Wg Cdr) and my father in law a Norwegian Colonel First Class, he should have been a 1* but the Norwegian military had their full complement of them and the politicians wouldn't wear another so they had to make up the First Class monica!

You had me going for a mo until I realised you were talking about your hounds Laughing Laughing

All good here, my partner's daughter found she had a hole in the heart, at 37, and is having it stopped up next week. They go in through a groin artery and she is almost a day patient, amazing.

Without breaching opsec is much of the gear going down south coming from your neck of the woods?
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 pm

auslander wrote:What it says is our generals lead from the front. Dangerous for sure but at the front they are acutely aware of the situation of the moment and can react instantly. Be nice if they named the two 06's who died with him and mentioned the wounded.

Interpreter as well, presumably Syrian Army.

Lucifuge Rofocale‏ @rofoca_lucifuge 12m12 minutes ago

General of 5th Russian army Valeriy Asapov was killed with his interpreter and 2 colonels in mortar attack on HQ near Deir-Ez-Zur
    George1

Post  George1 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:51 am

Apparently, Russia decided to strengthen the capabilities of the Syrian army to move and supply troops on the eastern bank of the Euphrates and in recent days from Syria there have appeared photos like the new pontoon park PP-2005, and now also a video with the unloading of new ferry-bridge machines PMM-2M on base of Khemeymim.

Godric

Post  Godric on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:34 am

Israel is now threatening Russia .... who the f*ck do these clowns think they are .

http://www.awdnews.com/society/israel%E2%80%99s-justice-minister-if-putin-wants-to-survive,-he-needs-to-keep-his-military-forces-out-of-syria%E2%80%99

Israel’s justice minister :If Putin wants to survive, he needs to keep his military forces out of Syria’.

Israel’s justice minister has warned the Syrian government that Israel “will do what is necessary” if President Bashar al-Assad does not keep Russia out of Syria.

Ayelet Shaked said that If Putin wants to survive, he needs to keep his millitary forces out of Syria’.

“Israel needs to pressure world powers to not allow Russia to establish a strong presence in Syria,” Shaked told Herzliya’s International Institute on Counterterrorism Conference. If the world powers did not comply with this demand, she said, then Israel will “do what we need to do.”

The threats towards Syria come a time when pro- government forces have all but extinguished the presence of ISIS in Syria and are getting close to completely ending the six year long war.

Russia Insider reports:

The Israeli government – who last week bombed a Syrian military outpost, killing two soldiers – have now verbally challenged the Syrian government in the form of offering an ultimatum. The threats towards Syria come a time when the Assad government forces have all but extinguished the presence of Daesh in Syria and are coming close to completely ending the war. Israel meanwhile seem to be having an anxiety attack over the current situation and have been beating hard on the drums of war.

In Netanyahu’s most recent meeting with Russian president Vladimir Putin, he frequently sought to voice his concerns over Russia, this was then – to Netanyahu’s frustration – brushed under the rug by Putin as it was viewed as a non-substantial issue. A paranoid Israeli government have meanwhile been busy preparing for war with pretty much every enemy they can since that meeting took place and don’t seem to be very happy with the way things are turning out in Syria, with the strengthening of the ‘axis of resistance’.

etc etc etc

I'm sure Vlad and Russia will be quaking in their boots NOT!!
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:44 am

If Israel attacks Russia in Syria, Russia will fight back, and they will give Iran an OK to as well increase presence in the region. This would actually spiral out of control for Israel.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 am

'
    I would love for good minister to elaborate what are his boys going to do when Russia inevitably does not do what he has been wet-dreaming about.  Razz
    crod

Post  crod on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:57 am

PapaDragon wrote:'
    I would love for good minister to elaborate what are his boys going to do when Russia inevitably does not do what he has been wet-dreaming about.  Razz

it might all be lost in translation a bit. most likely SAA are going to suffer from increased israeli strikes - nothing the SAA can do about it unfortunately but suck them up. i cannot for the life of me see them targeting Russian forces unless through actions like the one that just killed senior officers at comms post.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:06 am

Note the personal threat against Putin by this sick f*ck. I know that America will do anything to suck Israeli schlong but
    this sort of talk could lead to a chain of unfortunate events that could get Isreal wiped off the face of the map. These
    idiots should not assume that nuclear warheads will be flying just between Russia and NATO.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:08 am

crod wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:'

it might all be lost in translation a bit. most likely SAA are going to suffer from increased israeli strikes - nothing the SAA can do about it unfortunately but suck them up. i cannot for the life of me see them targeting Russian forces unless through actions like the one that just killed senior officers at comms post.

The best reply to Israeli attacks is to attack the SDF together with Daesh. They are the same US-Israeli racket to carve up Syria.
    If Isreal wants WWIII it better be prepared to eat nuclear blasts.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:11 am

miketheterrible wrote:If Israel attacks Russia in Syria, Russia will fight back, and they will give Iran an OK to as well increase presence in the region.  This would actually spiral out of control for Israel.

Russia must have really f*cked up Isreal's big plans for the region.   Well, cry me a river.   Russia has to look at for number one.
    If Israel didn't want Russia to interfere then it shouldn't have gotten in bed with terrorist jihadis that attacked Russia from the 1990s
    onward.   At some point chutzpah comes to bite the perp in the ass.
    auslander

Post  auslander on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:58 am

JohninMK wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    What is an 06?

Hope all is well with you.

EDIT

OK got it, Full Colonels

US slang is 'Bull Colonel' or 'Bird Colonel'. Here, it's roughly translated as Full Colonel or Half Colonel. You got it right, Full Colonel.

We are fine. My blue girl Sophia had a gentleman suitor from Rostov na Danu here for the late summer and she seems to be with child. We'll know this week, ultrasound. If she throws a good blue boy or girl we'll keep the child, all the rest will be sold. Since Deesik has a wandering eye it's possible Sophia's companion Ye'katarina is also expectant. She and Deesik are both black so the children will be black with about a 2% chance of a blue.

All is well with you?
    Thanks, my father and brother were Half Colonels (Wg Cdr) and my father in law a Norwegian Colonel First Class, he should have been a 1* but the Norwegian military had their full complement of them and the politicians wouldn't wear another so they had to make up the First Class monica!

You had me going for a mo until I realised you were talking about your hounds Laughing Laughing

All good here, my partner's daughter found she had a hole in the heart, at 37, and is having it stopped up next week. They go in through a groin artery and she is almost a day patient, amazing.

Without breaching opsec is much of the gear going down south coming from your neck of the woods?

LOL. Even here the PTB would be annoyed if you coloured your daughter in blue. Blue Merle collies are a benign genetic mutation of a black collie. They are not common and to have one with symmetrical face and body markings as Sophia is very rare. We stopped the dog show gig 4 years ago after she made Champion of Ukraine, the endemic corruption got in to the dog show circuit. I will not buy a judge so the day she made champ is the day we quit.

While we can see much of the harbor from the digs, we don't pay much attention to the daily comings and goings of ships. That being said, I think most of the odds and ends heading west are loaded from the mainland. To load them from here means a ferry across the Kerch Straights and then transport all the way across the island. Doesn't make much sense to do so when you can load them on the transports on the mainland.

Photos are Sofik at 3 days, Sofik passed out drunk the night she retired from shows, and Sofik in all her glory. She does not lose her coat in spring, what you see is year 'round.

Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 am

crod wrote:it might all be lost in translation a bit. most likely SAA are going to suffer from increased israeli strikes - nothing the SAA can do about it unfortunately but suck them up. i cannot for the life of me see them targeting Russian forces unless through actions like the one that just killed senior officers at comms post.

Very likely....the cabal's plans have been thwarted and now they will be looking for revenge
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:38 am

Sounds like it is time for Russia to suggest Assad impose a no fly zone over all of his country and uses his own and Russian aircraft to enforce it...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:37 am

GarryB wrote:Sounds like it is time for Russia to suggest Assad impose a no fly zone over all of his country and uses his own and Russian aircraft to enforce it...
    I doubt that will happen until Syria can stand up on the World stage and say that as ISIS is now defeated the US objective is achieved. Then thank the Coalition for everything they have done to help and ask them to leave, announcing that the no-fly zone will be implemented to ensure that the whole country is safe, protected by a single air operation.

They are not there yet and the Coalition seems to be working hard on their behalf to get them there Smile
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:00 pm

Note the comment on the date of death.

CIT (en)‏ @CITeam_en 4h4 hours ago

Lieutenant General Asapov is the most high-ranking officer killed in action in the entire history of modern Russia

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKjjfHpXoAEZs-F.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKjjg2fXoAAgHFD.jpg

ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:18 pm

JohninMK wrote:Note the comment on the date of death.

CIT (en)‏ @CITeam_en 4h4 hours ago

Lieutenant General Asapov is the most high-ranking officer killed in action in the entire history of modern Russia

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKjjfHpXoAEZs-F.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKjjg2fXoAAgHFD.jpg

Conspiracy!!!!!!! hehe what happened on the 16' tho?
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:40 pm

ATLASCUB wrote:

Not sure, enlighten us.
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:37 pm

Saw this before but has popped up again. Good picture of Deir AB though.

Lucifuge Rofocale‏ @rofoca_lucifuge

Russia is to set up a new large military air base at the military airport, DeirEzZor.

https://twitter.com/rofoca_lucifuge/status/912151155211345920

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKicn2aV4AAwizF.jpg
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:41 pm

There had to be more RIPs and injured. Serious setback if true. Some comment in Russian at link.

Lucifuge Rofocale‏ @rofoca_lucifuge 4m4 minutes ago

Report: with General Asapov killed or wounded 5 more top Russian officers. Whole command group of Deir-ez-Zur op

https://twitter.com/rofoca_lucifuge/status/912429777629323265

ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:51 am

JohninMK wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:

Not sure, enlighten us.

He that's why I asked. Got no clue.
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:37 am

JohninMK wrote:There had to be more RIPs and injured. Serious setback if true. Some comment in Russian at link.

Lucifuge Rofocale‏ @rofoca_lucifuge 4m4 minutes ago

Report: with General Asapov killed or wounded 5 more top Russian officers. Whole command group of Deir-ez-Zur op

https://twitter.com/rofoca_lucifuge/status/912429777629323265

Don't believe everything you hear. If they mentioned the one, they would have mentioned the others.
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:35 am

Pontoon bridge built at DeZ...

The Russian military under the fire of terrorists built a crossing across the Euphrates in Syria
    https://tvzvezda.ru/news/forces/content/201709260811-edv9.htm

Also regarding the oil wells, the SAA could potentially advance from the direction of T2 station

JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:37 am

Is this the new bridge? Note the smoke or dust during construction. EDIT yes it is, really good video in that link. pity it was in Russian  Sad

Actually looks like two bridges, one shorter than the other. Could there be two crossings, I know the river splits into multiple channels in places? EDIT May be foreshortening effect of long lens but there seems to be a different number of sections. Any other comment? Does the engineer mention it.

Ali Hamdan‏ @AliHa_97 1h1 hour ago

Russian army engineers constructed a bridge on al-furat river

https://twitter.com/AliHa_97/status/912593132755341312

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKouZAYWAAEq12w.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKouY9uW0AAOi1c.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKouZASXcAAXnri.jpg
    calm

Post  calm on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:04 pm

720p yt link
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:21 pm

calm wrote:720p yt link

That was posted yesterday so the bridge was completed yesterday or Sunday. Good going!

They certainly moved a lot of bridging gear without much publicity!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:43 am